X axis values, non-English versions of Excel

I've had a problem for quite sometime setting the x-axis range for day of week,
for non-English enabled(european) Windows.

Here are the steps to reproduce this. Windows XP, Office XP/2000
You can do this on a fully English version of Windows and office.

1) Go to control panel
2) Select Regional and Language Options.
3) Choose French (Belgium)  (others suffice, but I tested with this setting)
4) Click ok.
5) Start Excel.
6) Enter 7 values down a column (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 250, 230)
7) Select the range.
8) Click Chart Wizard
9) Click Finish
10) Click inside plot area (gray area)
11) Right-Click, select Source Data
12) Click Series Tab
13) Enter in the Category (X) axis labels edit field: 2,3,4,5,6,7,1
14) Click OK ( you get error msg )

Close Excel.
Restore your language settings and do the steps again, it works.
0
roger999 (16)

word, excel
hello, I�d like to ask you I think 1 very trivial question ..... and it�s how to add in function: file -> send -> send by mail as an enclosure ??? martin Just record as a macro, not in a function. Use: Tools|Macro|Record macro. Then send the file as a attachment as you usually do. Stop the recording. Add a button to you sheet and link it to the macro. regards, Arien ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

using the value in a cell as part of another cell reference
I want to use the value in one cell as part of the reference for another. eg. A(K10). is there an easy or any way. Pretty new to this, if I'm asking the obvious. As I can't find a function or other method. Steve Stephen, =INDIRECT("A1") refers to A1, and returns what's in A1 =INDIRECT(A1) refers to whatever A1 points to (if A1 contains "A2" then you'd get what's in A2) Your question: =INDIRECT("A" & K10) (if K10 contains 5, then you'd get what's in A5) You can also use =OFFSET(A1,K10-1,0,1,1) This one isn't confounded b...

"Sending messages x of x" in Outlook 2007 status bar
Hello, When I send a message in Outlook 2007, appears "sending message x of x" where x is greater than 1. I read that it seems automatic responses, but automatic responses are deactivated. Any idea? Thanks for your time, Thunder It's a bug in outlook- x-1 should = the number of email accts in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Ex...

zip codes in Excel
I am keping a database of 500 plus. I want to enter zip codes in Vermont that start in zero or 0, but excel is dropping the zero and I get a value with only 4 numbers. So a zip code of "01234" only shows up as 1234 How do I get the 0 to show up as the first digit, what do I need to change? Thanks again!! -- ======================== Doug Tenney 4872 Royalton Road SW Lancaster, Ohio 43130-9546 dtenney@buckeyeinternet.com 740.681.1690 fax to 740.474.6419 Format custom as 00000 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Doug Tenney" <dtenney@buckeyeinternet.com> wrote in...

XML validation of single value without entire XML document
Hi all, Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how, to perform validation of a simple non XML string against certain XSD restrictions, without having the entire XML document to validate against the schema. To elaborate - - Within XSD certain restrictions are defined for a particular element/attribute, such as datatype, minlength, maxlength, valid enumeration values etc. Is it at all possible to validate a simple string value against these restrictions defined within the schema. I.e. I do not have the entire XML document that matches the schema. I do not even have any XML at all - I sim...

Invert Excel Selection
Is there a way to invert a selection of cells? If I manually select a1:d4, what keystroke sequence of menu sequence can I use to invert my selection so the only cells not selected are a1:d4? Thanks! ...

Secondary Axis chart
I need to create a chart with two axis. I want both the data series to be displayed as columns on the same graph. So far I have only been able to a secondary axis chart with a column and line - by going to custom charts in 'type of chart'. Anyone know how I can make both the data series appear as columns? I have also tried going to the Format menu, clicking on Selected Data Series and then clicking Secondary axis on the Axis tab. This makes one series go in front of the other though and I can't get them to go side by side so you can see both series. (Hope that made sen...

Insert PDF into Excel Cell?
I would like to do a MS Word mail merge using excel as the data source for a fax blast. However, I need to send a specific page to a specific fax number. I was thinking of setting up an excel document with [name, fax number, document] columns as the data source, and then merge with my word document. My concern is that each recipient get the correct (individualized) page, along with the cover sheet. Is is possible to embed a file (pdf or word) into an excel cell? That way, i could use the excel file to set up the merge (Name1, Fax Number1, Document 1; Name2, Fax Number,2 Document 2; Name3,...

Word, Excel documents can't save
I've just started to have this problem. When opening word or excel documents and trying to save. The documents are force quitting and a warning saying " The application Microsoft Word has unexpectedly quit" appears. Could you please give me a possible solution on this? "Aya_be" <aya_be18@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1d2d68d7.0411171201.15c2120b@posting.google.com... > I've just started to have this problem. > When opening word or excel documents and trying to save. The documents > are force quitting and a warning saying " The application ...

Macro to show only rows with X
How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" and hide all other rows? Thank you With data starting in ColA; try Cells.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=x" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Jeremy" wrote: > How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" > and hide all other rows? > > > Thank you Option Explicit Sub Remove_Unwanted_Rows() Dim rng As Range Dim cell, RowArray As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, &qu...

JScript to Chance Value of Drop Down Fields
Hi, to set the value of a Drop Down Field with an OnChange Event I have to write: crmForm.DropDownFieldName.value = "A"; crmForm.DropDownFieldName.returnValue = "1"; // the according returnValue to the Value "A" crmForm.DropDownFieldName.click(); //without this, the value will not be saved But how can I delete the selection of the Drop Down Field to have an empty Field??? I tried .value = "" and .returnValue = 0 or .returnValue = "" to clear the Field, but nothing worked. Any idea? Does your drop down...

Date Format Changed when convert to Excel
Dear All, there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem please help to reslove the issue. On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:06 -0700, Ather <sohail.ather@paktel.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then >date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" >sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem >pl...

Upgrade from Mac Office 2004 to Office X?
Hi everyone, I've been running Mac Office 2004 and I want to upgrade it to Office X. Do I really have to buy the complete version of Office X to do this, or can I just buy the Office X upgrade? The reason I ask is that from what I've been able to research, the Office X upgrade only allows you to upgrade from Office 2001 but not from Office 2004. Am I correct about this? And if I am correct, does anyone know why Microsoft would have implemented such a policy? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Kind regards, Jeff Wait! don't answer that. just realized 2004 is the upgrad...

Getting the next higer value with Vlookup
In VLookup / Hlookup function the True parameter gives the closest match with the search value but less than the search value.... i want to get the next greatest values of the Search Value.... how to do it.... Example ..... A B C 5 10 15 6 11 16 9 14 19 If i use =Vlookup(7,[Array],2,0)/ =Vlookup(7,Array],2,True) .... the answer is get is 11 BUT how to get it as 14!!!??? Please reply me at : getu32@gmail.com Hi One way =INDEX(B2:B4,MATCH(7,A2:A4,1)+1) -- Regards Roger Govier "getu32" <getu32@gmail.com> wrote in me...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

Manipulating or comparing xs:dateTime values in xpath queries with SelectNodes
Is there a simple way of compare dates? I am trying to create a list of perishable stock in an inventory that is near or past its expiration date. I've tried telling it to compare a node's value with a DateTime string, but that doesn't work. I've assumed that it is easier to manipulate today's date instead of the date in my ExpireDate element. Thankyou in advanced for taking the time to read this and possibly helping me Echo 8 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------- My Code: Public Function FromElem...

Excel to XML
Can i convert my excel file to XML file. If yes then how and from where i can get the source code or program for it. Thanks in advance Vikram Both Excel 2002 and 2003 provide the ability to save a workbook in XML format, specifically the XML Spreadsheet (XMLSS) schema documented here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnexcl2k2/html/odc_xmlss.asp No all parts of a workbook can be saved in this format, for instance, VBA projects. Office 2003 adds support for custom schemas. Here's an article describing this feature: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en...

Horizontal axis in middle of chart
Hi, I have a line graph where the vertical axis goes from -15 to 30. The horizontal labels then appear in the middle of the chart where the zero line is, how can I get the labels to be below the chart on the -15 line? I am using excel 2007. Thank You Stephen Steve, This answer for Excel 2002, but I doubt it's changed in 2007. First right-click the Y axis, most easily done by right-clicking one of its labels. Select Format Axis. In the "Category axis crosses axis at" box put a very negative number, more negative than any you'd ever expect. -- Earl Kiosterud www.s...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...

Auto Increment Office XP Excel Spreadsheet ?
I have Excel and would like to have my first column auto increment so that if add new rows it will auto update the the numbers. Something like: 1. 2. 3. and so on How can I make the first column in every row auto increment? Thanks so much in advance! Chris There's no automatic way. You can use a formula (or a range name) that takes the number in the cell above and adds one to it. However, if you insert a row in between other rows in your list you'll still have to copy the formula/range name down from the cell above. There is a Data-->Form command that allows you to enter lis...

unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]
hello everybody. my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send mails to our branch office which uses the list of www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following miscrosoft site says. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;193316 but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@ [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID ...

Possible bug in Excel?
If you type 5 in a cell and drag across using the little black cross cursor you will get a row of 5s. If you highlight a blank cell below it at the same time and drag across the numbers will increment so you get 5,6,7,8 etc. If you type 5% and drag across you get a row of 5%s as you would expect. However, if you highlight the 5% and the blank cell below then drag across using the black cross, you get 5%, 105%, 205%, 305% etc. Is this what you would expect? Doesn't seem right to me........surely you should get 5%, 6%, 7%, 8% etc? 5% is really 0.05, and 105% is 1.05, so the increment is 1...

numbers on chart axis showing twice
Axis on the pivot chart are showing up twice. Probably the spacing is 0.5 but the numbers are formatted to show only whole numbers. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "mary" <mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0871493-036B-4ECF-B3A3-6705676A39BB@microsoft.com... > Axis on the pivot chart are showing up twice. ...

64-bit version of Redemption?
Does anyone know if or when a 64-bit version of Redemption will be available? Dmitry's working on it, he can be more specific as to time frames. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Jeff" <budajeff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e652d2ca-5d3d-4947-8995-cabd7b6d2b78@5g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know if or when a 64-bit version of Redemption will be > available? 64 ...

set value by having the value as string represented.
Hello. I want to set to any type the value, by sending its string only. How can I do that ? I.e BorderStyle = "None" (I have "None" value as a string) Thanks :) Am 21.06.2010 13:02, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > I want to set to any type the value, by sending its string only. > How can I do that ? > > I.e > BorderStyle = "None" > (I have "None" value as a string) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171838(VS.90).aspx -- Armin I need to not create type editor for each type. The specific type is unk...