X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data - help!

Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under
annual income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and
subtracting spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options.
Seems you can't even use the same number of spaces between each because
if you add between two of them, adding the same number of spaces
doesn'tnecessarily work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to
mess with and can't find an easy way to do this.
0
janet5443 (2)

did you try this

righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis>
choose <scale>
UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed between categories.

R..VENKATARAMAN wrote:
> did you try this
>
> righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis>
> choose <scale>
> UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed between categories.
>

> "Janet" <janet@thehouse.com> wrote in message
>
>>Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under annual
>>income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and subtracting
>>spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options. Seems you
>>can't even use the same number of spaces between each because if you add
>>between two of them, adding the same number of spaces doesn'tnecessarily
>>work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to mess with and can't
>>find an easy way to do this.

Thank you! When I right click on the x axis at bottom of the chart I get
the screen with patterns, fonts etc. This one shows "auto scale" only
under the pattern part. I tried both checked and unchecked. no difference.
When I go to format axis in the Chart Options part it is there that I
have entered my dates in the drop-down box for x axis. If I uncheck the
y value, I lose my income amounts, ic 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 etc. I dont
understand the "axis crossed between categories" business so don't know
that to do with that instruction. If I click on the x axis category in
the Chart Options part, and look at the "What does this mean?" answer
that makes even less sense to me. It is about line breaks or something.
Anyhow, thanks for your reply and if you can elaborate any further, I
would love you.
0
janet5443 (2)

how do you take out lines around text box and pictures?
I have made a 2 page flyer. When sent by e-mail you can still see all the lines around text boxed and graphics, just like when you are working on it. How can I take it off. Clicking on the remove gridline options doesn't help. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks View, uncheck boundaries and guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Priscilla" <Priscilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B35DCD16-A4D9-428B-9D9F-590DC5BE...

How add vertical line separators to toolbars with flat buttons?
I use Visual C++ 6.0 and MFC. I have just added a manifest to my application to get XP-styles. The relevant part of the manifest looks like this: <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*" /> </dependentAssembly> This works and makes my dialog boxes look much better with XP-style buttons and other controls. But my toolbars look worse. All my toolbars now have fl...

Purchase Order Line Number on Smart List
How can I get a Status on a purchase order by the PO Line number, item, and status (closed, Invoiced, etc. I have blanket orders and want to know which line numbers are closed or still open. Is there anyway the text that is typed in on a PO line item visable on a report or smartlist? I do not know what field it shows up on in the smart list columns. I manually type info and it prints on the Purchase order, but then I can't get it on any report. Thanks. jagr Hi, I don't think it is possible on a regular Smarlist. You can use a SQL View and Smartlist Builder. In the view, y...

"Sending messages x of x" in Outlook 2007 status bar
Hello, When I send a message in Outlook 2007, appears "sending message x of x" where x is greater than 1. I read that it seems automatic responses, but automatic responses are deactivated. Any idea? Thanks for your time, Thunder It's a bug in outlook- x-1 should = the number of email accts in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Ex...

Finding a line intersect
I have a chart with a number of intersecting lines. Can Excel or a plugin show me the XY values of the intersections? Mike Hi Mike, Maybe this will help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Mike Lipphardt wrote: > I have a chart with a number of intersecting lines. Can Excel or a plugin > show me the XY values of the intersections? > > Mike > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Replication of Data between site and Head Office
Hi all we are going to implement GP 8 in Head office. but the challenge is to implement it on our factory site too and access the data on both sides apparantly. we have a sattelite link between HeadOffice and Site. we have two options in our mind 1. Two Database servers one for Head Office and 2nd for Site and online replicate data between two servers 2. Make only one Server here in HeadOffice and the users from site will also access the same database for their daily working. Please let us know what would be the best possible way and approach that should be adopted so that our working w...

Secondary Axis chart
I need to create a chart with two axis. I want both the data series to be displayed as columns on the same graph. So far I have only been able to a secondary axis chart with a column and line - by going to custom charts in 'type of chart'. Anyone know how I can make both the data series appear as columns? I have also tried going to the Format menu, clicking on Selected Data Series and then clicking Secondary axis on the Axis tab. This makes one series go in front of the other though and I can't get them to go side by side so you can see both series. (Hope that made sen...

What is the issue with working with an Access DB in an on-line/off-line environment
Hi All I use an Access DB for my VB front-end and 95% of my users are laptops/desktops linking to a Domain/Win server/Active Directory setup. I currently have the Access DB and VB app located in the program folder of a PC, but as many users may use the same laptop/desktop as they login to their own specific user account I'm looking to move the access db to the user's My Docs folder (re-directed from the server with off-line access enabled on the laptops and disabled on the desktops) so that each user can run up the program, but actually connect to their data file (access db) v...

Data Validation Syntax Question
I'd like to restrict a user (me) from entering more than two digits after the decimal point in a cell. I have a checkbook spreadsheet and recently discovered (by accident) that I made a withdrawal entry of 117.122 a couple of years ago, but I can't figure out how to be sure to keep from doing it again. Am I missing something simple? Thanks for any help. Jim One way: =INT(A1*100)=(A1*100) multiply by 100 and see if it's a whole number If A1 is the activecell. Another way: =MOD(A1*100,1)=0 multiply by 100 and divide by 1. Check the remainder to see if it's 0. Jim &...

Macro to show only rows with X
How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" and hide all other rows? Thank you With data starting in ColA; try Cells.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=x" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Jeremy" wrote: > How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" > and hide all other rows? > > > Thank you Option Explicit Sub Remove_Unwanted_Rows() Dim rng As Range Dim cell, RowArray As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, &qu...

Chart Source Data
Hi all. I am making some charts and need some help with the cells the chart references as source data. I am trying to make it so that I can insert and delete rows while having the chart reference the original cell, rather then automatically updating and following the cell when I add or remove rows. Basically trying to do the same thing in the chart as I can do with a formula by using the "indirect" feature. Is this possible with a chart? Having to go back in and manually change the references back to the original cells is time consuming each week. Goto Insert - Nam...

Upgrade from Mac Office 2004 to Office X?
Hi everyone, I've been running Mac Office 2004 and I want to upgrade it to Office X. Do I really have to buy the complete version of Office X to do this, or can I just buy the Office X upgrade? The reason I ask is that from what I've been able to research, the Office X upgrade only allows you to upgrade from Office 2001 but not from Office 2004. Am I correct about this? And if I am correct, does anyone know why Microsoft would have implemented such a policy? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Kind regards, Jeff Wait! don't answer that. just realized 2004 is the upgrad...

Outlook 2003
Hi any help would be greatly appreciated. I use Outlook 2003 and I write my email using word as my email editor and HTML. When I send out what looks to me like a perfectly formatted email, other people, including hotmail users see very large spaces between my lines. Basically, whenever I hit the enter twice to start a new paragraph, it looks to others like I've skipped 4 or 5 lines. Is there anything I can do (short of using plain text) to fix this problem? Thanks so much for your help. Jacinda ...

COUNT /COUNTIF for Multiple Column Defined Dynamic Named Range
Hi, Would like to use Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" in Formula. The Dynami Named Range "RESULTS" spans 30 COLUMNS and many ROWS. Need help with Formula to COUNT specified criteria in each separat COLUMN of the Defined Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS". Looking for on Formula that can be adapted with an OFFSET / INDEX to work on the othe COLUMNS. Example Results required from Formula: COLUMN 1 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 2 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 30 in Dy...

copy formula down a whole column?
I probably ought to know this, but: How can I copy a formula that will increment as necessary (A2, A3, A4 etc) down a whole column. Currently I am dragging the corner down so far and then having to remember how far I've gone. How should I really be doing it folks? Be gentle, Steve_H If you have data in an adjacent column, then you can just double-click the fill handle on the cursor. This is the small black square in the bottom right corner, and it will fill down for as many entries as you have in the column to the left. Hope this helps. Pete In addition to Pete's d-click...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

Horizontal axis in middle of chart
Hi, I have a line graph where the vertical axis goes from -15 to 30. The horizontal labels then appear in the middle of the chart where the zero line is, how can I get the labels to be below the chart on the -15 line? I am using excel 2007. Thank You Stephen Steve, This answer for Excel 2002, but I doubt it's changed in 2007. First right-click the Y axis, most easily done by right-clicking one of its labels. Select Format Axis. In the "Category axis crosses axis at" box put a very negative number, more negative than any you'd ever expect. -- Earl Kiosterud www.s...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...

unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]
hello everybody. my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send mails to our branch office which uses the list of www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following miscrosoft site says. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;193316 but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@ [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID ...

Totaling rows & columns in the same cell
I need to ensure the total in specific rows add up to the total of column - so that the total for both, if equal, appear in the same cell For example I need the total in cell G19: to add certain rows such as =Sum(C19,E19,F19), if equal to the sum of =sum(G1:G18). If not equal I need to receive an error message. How do I do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could try =IF(SUM(C19,E19,F19)=SUM(G1:G18),"True","Error") You can replace the "True" with SUM(G1:G18) if you want the total t apper instead. =IF(SUM(C19,E19,F19)=SUM(G1:G18),SUM(...

numbers on chart axis showing twice
Axis on the pivot chart are showing up twice. Probably the spacing is 0.5 but the numbers are formatted to show only whole numbers. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "mary" <mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0871493-036B-4ECF-B3A3-6705676A39BB@microsoft.com... > Axis on the pivot chart are showing up twice. ...

Office v.x Word
When creating mailing labels I am unable to print. I can preview page layout under data merge manager and print the page. But when I complete the merge to new document and then print it seems to be sending somewhere other than my printer. This merge file was created in word 98. I recreated in v.x and it still does not print the labels. Could it have something to do with entrouge. Help please!!!! I am new to OSx I just upgraded from 0S 8, I know behind the times. Thanks, Signal Hi When you use File > Print you can select which printer (if you have more than one) from the dialo...

Any way to get the process hold field values in Sales Transaction or Sales Line item default Smartlist options?
Is there any way to get the process hold field values in Sales Transaction or Sales Line item default Smartlist options. I understand that we can have multiple process holds for a single documents hence the rows would repeat if a document has multiple holds. I dont have smartlist builder. With smartlist builder it should be cake walk... Looking forward to answers.. Samit I forgot to add, there is a field called Hold in Sales Transaction and Sales Line item smartlist. Its a yes or no field. But it doesnt suffice my need. I would like the Hold ID as well and should be able to set filter on ...

Change data to appear in rows instead of columns (reverse a table.
I have a fairly large table in which I need to switch the columns to the rows. Is this possible to do? I would use a help sheet, select the table, copy it, select the first cell where you want it on the help sheet, do edit>paste special and select transpose. Obvisouly if you do it the other way you have to bear in mind that you can only transpose 256 rows due to the max number of columns -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Motheroftwoboys" <Motheroftwoboys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F635068E-2006-40ED-9424-264D7308C655@microsoft.com... > I have a fairl...

Changing field sze of labels and text boxes independently
I am using Access 2007. I created a report with the wizard. Now I can't change the size of labels or text boxes without all the fields/labels changing in concert. What do I do to permit changing these things individually? Must be simple, but the help function in Acess 2007 I find not very helpful. On the arrange tab, look for the button for Remove. Highlight the controls and click remove. This will ungroup the controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DDB6...