X-Axis labels #2

I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have
chosen in my worksheet.  I have chosen a row with the
dates spelled out, however, when I choose this row it
gives me numbers in increments of two.  How do I get the
information to show up as January, February, etc.?  Thanks.

Robert
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Robert,

Double click the axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog set the
number of ticklabels between categorys to 1.
You may then need to adjust the fontsize to clearly read the text.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
anonymous (74717)
6/17/2004 3:05:12 PM
Hi Robert,

Is the correct range being used for the category labels?
One way you can check this is via the Source data dialog.

What chart type are you using?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
6/17/2004 9:13:03 PM
What do the numbers look like? 1, 2, 3, or in the 39-thousands?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Robert wrote:

> I checked and changed it to 1 tick, but that didn't seem
> to help as I still have numbers instead of words.  Am I
> using the right chart?  I have also run into a problem now
> where my axis category labeling will not allow me to
> expand the window so I can see the whole thing.  Example
> (I typed: "Monthly Breakdown" and all I see is "Month" and
> I can't expand the window to see the rest.)  The print
> preview shows it though.  Thanks.

0
DOjonNOT (619)

CRM 1.2 SDK / Retrieving contacts

Clipboard #2
Hi, I understand this information is all out there, but it's all a bit confusing and I never know for sure when I read about it... I had a non-Unicode application and copied/pasted to/from the clipboard through CF_TEXT which went all fine. Now I moved to Unicode and need to update my copy/paste routines. I implemented copy and paste for CF_UNICODETEXT. But I have some questions: 1. When I look in the DataObject Viewer I sometimes see only CF_OEMTEXT and CF_TEXT on the clipboard (depending what the source was), but when I paste this contents in my application, I handle it through GetCl...

Force Replication #2
After changing a users default mailbox size, is there a way to force replication so the change will take effect right away, instead of having to wait until the scheduled replication takes place? On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:44:03 -0700, Phyxious <Phyxious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After changing a users default mailbox size, is there a way to force >replication so the change will take effect right away, instead of having to >wait until the scheduled replication takes place? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327378/ or restart the IS. Very helpful thank you very much ...

collection management #2
We want to print letters for all customers that have invoices over 90 days. The only letter options are the mail merge letters which you can only edit through report writer. Is it possible to add a letter function through the report writer like the one below? @%CollectorSignature,SIG1%@ We are using GP 8 thanks Scott It sounds like a job for MS Word mail merge, not Report Writer. The letter with merge fields would be created in MS Word (or modify the template provided in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Letters\Collection). Then use the Letter Writing Assistant (Reports >&...

"Sending messages x of x" in Outlook 2007 status bar
Hello, When I send a message in Outlook 2007, appears "sending message x of x" where x is greater than 1. I read that it seems automatic responses, but automatic responses are deactivated. Any idea? Thanks for your time, Thunder It's a bug in outlook- x-1 should = the number of email accts in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Ex...

format a percentage figure #2
Hi to everyone i have a worksheet where i am retrievine data from access so i bring this data to another worksheet be equation. the number is already as a percentage in the database but it appears like 9,56 (it really means 9,56%) in the worksheet i want to have that number but if i am trying to format it as a percentage it change it to 956 % There is anyway to bring it witha equation but manually to format it and appears like 9,56 % regards bill Hi Bill, Use a Custom form with something like" 0.00" %" I like to use a space before the % sign. Bernard www.stfx.ca/peopl...

Secondary Axis chart
I need to create a chart with two axis. I want both the data series to be displayed as columns on the same graph. So far I have only been able to a secondary axis chart with a column and line - by going to custom charts in 'type of chart'. Anyone know how I can make both the data series appear as columns? I have also tried going to the Format menu, clicking on Selected Data Series and then clicking Secondary axis on the Axis tab. This makes one series go in front of the other though and I can't get them to go side by side so you can see both series. (Hope that made sen...

keyboard shortcuts #2
I have MS money 2004. I can't get it to respond to the keyboard shortcuts in the checking account section i.e. (W for new, R for withdrawl, D for deposit). I'm sure it is something simple but I guess I can't see the forest for the trees. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, mmcap wrote: >I have MS money 2004. I can't get it to respond to the keyboard shortcuts in >the checking account section i.e. (W for new, R for withdrawl, D for >deposit). I'm sure it is something simple but I guess I can't see the forest >for the trees. Any ideas? See if ...

NDRs #2
On E2K3, one of the email is being spoofed heavily: 1. Is it possible to stop? OR 2. How can I stop getting hundreds of NDRs everyday? "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FA36391-71A5-4FD9-B411-29C339A9AF79@microsoft.com... > On E2K3, one of the email is being spoofed heavily: > > 1. Is it possible to stop? OR > 2. How can I stop getting hundreds of NDRs everyday? Backscatter. The new bane of every mail admin's existence it seems. I'd love a good solution to this one as well. http://www.spamnation.info/notes/guides/Backscatt...

Macro to show only rows with X
How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" and hide all other rows? Thank you With data starting in ColA; try Cells.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=x" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Jeremy" wrote: > How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" > and hide all other rows? > > > Thank you Option Explicit Sub Remove_Unwanted_Rows() Dim rng As Range Dim cell, RowArray As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, &qu...

Macro Help needed #2
I'm trying to record a macro but I'm having difficulty with a particular action. I'm trying to copy text from a particular cell, Lets say Cell A1, and then go to the "Sheet Tabs", currently labeled Sheet 1, and paste the text to rename the sheet. Can Someone tell me what I'm missing from the following macro to make this happen: Sub Macro() ' ' Macro Macro ' Macro recorded 8/18/2005 by Anthony Amato ' ' Range("A1").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet 1").Select Sheets("Sheet 1").Name = " &qu...

Upgrade from Mac Office 2004 to Office X?
Hi everyone, I've been running Mac Office 2004 and I want to upgrade it to Office X. Do I really have to buy the complete version of Office X to do this, or can I just buy the Office X upgrade? The reason I ask is that from what I've been able to research, the Office X upgrade only allows you to upgrade from Office 2001 but not from Office 2004. Am I correct about this? And if I am correct, does anyone know why Microsoft would have implemented such a policy? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Kind regards, Jeff Wait! don't answer that. just realized 2004 is the upgrad...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...

Horizontal axis in middle of chart
Hi, I have a line graph where the vertical axis goes from -15 to 30. The horizontal labels then appear in the middle of the chart where the zero line is, how can I get the labels to be below the chart on the -15 line? I am using excel 2007. Thank You Stephen Steve, This answer for Excel 2002, but I doubt it's changed in 2007. First right-click the Y axis, most easily done by right-clicking one of its labels. Select Format Axis. In the "Category axis crosses axis at" box put a very negative number, more negative than any you'd ever expect. -- Earl Kiosterud www.s...

checkbook #2
I have multiple checkbooks and need to have one of them accessable to only one person within the organization. Is this possible? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

Customer accounts #2
Help! My customers are all employees - if they leave their job, would someone please tell me how to handle the account. I don't see any way to inactivate the account or hide it so it cannot be used. Must I delete it? Please let me know! Donna Hi Donna - I would never recommend deleting an account (if you do all history goes into this black hole type area). If an employee leaves, I would immediately change the 'Customer is an employee' flag and then devise a scheme for identifying 'inactive' customers. Here is what we do: 1) Use the auto generated acct numbers ...

Drop Down Calendar #2
Can I use the resulting date from a drop down calendar in a formula to run date maths ...

1/2" bleed to edge
I made a flyer/ad and the person i sent it to send me the following. "In order for the grey background to trim to the edge of the page, I need about 1/2" bleed on the edge. In other words, the file you send me needs to be bigger than the actual page size with bleed space included." Does that mean i have to resize the entire file(text, tables, pictures)? i really don't want to do that as there is alot. What can i do to get that 1/2" bleed on the edge? I am using Publisher 2007 Thanks in advance Create a bleed for your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en...

How do I copy a drop down menu? #2
you don't copy the menu, you create a new drop down and reference i back to the same cells as the original -- Hru4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hru48's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47305 ...

unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]
hello everybody. my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send mails to our branch office which uses the list of www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following miscrosoft site says. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;193316 but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@ [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID ...

Sum Formula #2
I have two spreadsheets in a workbook. One has forecasts by week and the other is used for planning purposes. I need to put sum formula in my planning sheet to add up the forecasts for a set period of time. The number of weeks to sum would vary by line (I have over 500 lines in my spreadsheet so don't want to have to do this manually. e.g If I need to sum 6 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:J6) If I need to sum 8 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:L6) If I need to sum 9 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:M6) TIA Rob With the number of weeks in cell B4 -- =SUM(OFFSET(Forecasts!E6...

Rules not running #2
I=92m using Outlook 2007 and have a number of rules setup. These rules are set to check the senders address, or the subject line and then move the e-mail to another folder, and mark it as read. However, they seem to have stopped working. They are not moving the e-mails, but when I go into Tools | Rule and Alerts | Run rules now, I can select all rules and run them, which moves the e-mails to the correct folders. I=92m just using Outlook on my home PC, connecting to my POP3 e-mail account, and downloading e-mails. I=92ve read posts about a size limit on rules in Outlook 2003=8532kb=85howev...

disable auto conversion data to date-format when pasting #2
that works! thanks alot -- CiscoAlvarez ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CiscoAlvarez's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15684 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=272113 ...

Blackberry #2
what is the correct way to forward all incoming messages to a remote worker? I tried a rule in outlook but it did not work. Can I do this on the server? Create a mail-enabled contact for the external address & use delivery options in the mailbox settings on the server to send a copy of all inbound mail to the contact. However, might want to look into Blackberry Enterprise Server (they make a small-biz 5-handheld edition) so you can control this from the server a lot more easily, and the user doesn't end up habving to deal with two email accounts. Rick wrote: > what is the c...