write graph series using formulas

Can we write or edit graph's series instead of selecting the required cells
by setting a formula that reflects the required cells to be selected?
0
Younis (1)

When you select a series in a chart, there is a formula in the formula bar:

=SERIES(etc.)

This formula has four parameters: Series Name, X values, Y values, plot
order. If it's a bubble chart it has a fifth parameter for bubble size.

You can edit these formulas right in the formula bar, you can copy a
formula, select the plot area, and paste the formula into the formula bar to
add it to the same or a different chart. And you can simply select the plot
area and start writing your own series formula.

Here's an article about the chart series formula:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartSeriesFormula.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
_______

"Ahmed Younis" <Ahmed Younis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can we write or edit graph's series instead of selecting the required
> cells
> by setting a formula that reflects the required cells to be selected?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

How to use windows xp chart wizard to add secondary axis
previous posts unhelpful inserting chart with x values in a2:a11 and y(x) values in b2:b11 plotting y(x) versus x TIME FOR USER-DEFINED CHARTING!!! first, select the data you want to put in the chart, then click th chart wizard. Click the "Custom types" tab, then scroll down to th "Line-Column on 2 Axes". it should be a cinch from there. hope this is what you need -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Using names in a formula
Hi, I used Excel a lot some years ago and now need to use it again (Excel2000) and can't figure out how to do something that was really useful. The situation: 'Budget' worksheet has month names in the top row and account numbers in the left column. I have selected all cells and Created Names with TopRow and Left Column selected. 'Reports' worksheet has month names in the top row and account names in the left column, but not necessarily in the same relative position as in the Budget worksheet. A formula such as =May Bank_Charges (where May and Bank_Charges are names) ret...

Using XSLT to Append Attributes to an XSD File
I wrote an application to scrape a database and create an XSD file which will be annotated by a map file in order to create a Typed DataSet. I was wondering if I could do the annotation using XSLT. Here is background on Typed DataSet: Using Annotations with a Typed DataSet http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconUsingAnnotationsWithTypedDataSet.asp I need to append an attribute a specific XML node. Change <xs:element name="column_1" msdata:ReadOnly="true" minOccurs="0" type="xs:short" /> ...

Formula in word 2003
create a formula in a word form. I have a situation where I ned to provide an auto response based on the number d in a bokmarked cell "Risk1" I have tried the following but it brings up an error {if { risk1 } <="4""YES"}{if {risk1}>"4"<"10""Stop"}{if{risk1}>"9"<"17""Report"} The basic requirement is to provide a different response based on a number value in form field bookmark "Risk1" which can range between 1-4, 5-9, 10-16 and 17-25 each of the above ranges need a...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

Help with OLE Series
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal ...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Using drop down lists
I'm trying to create a report utilizing a drop down list in Excel. I have successfully created the drop down list, (I'm using every Monday in January as my different items on my list) but now I want to enter different data using the same rows and columns for each specific date. This is just a worksheet that will be used on a weekly basis, I will only need to keep current week data, but I want to save the previous weeks' information just for reference. If anyone can guide me to what this is categorized under on the help page, I think I could figure it out. I'm...

How do you fit a line to a graph?
I am trying to fit a line to my graph meaning I need a straight line that goes through an x y scatter graph and is close to all the points. IF anyone has any clue about what im talking about please help??? lonschlong wrote: > I am trying to fit a line to my graph meaning I need a straight line that > goes through an x y scatter graph and is close to all the points. IF anyone > has any clue about what im talking about please help??? There are multiple approaches. 1) you can just graph your x,y scatter data. Then right click on one of the data points on the chart and select &qu...

Can I use bullets in excel?
Can I use bullets in EXCEL? Hi this is not supported in Excel (as it is in MS Word) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1FDB1196-1948-4896-9032-42A4DFB31E17@microsoft.com... > Can I use bullets in EXCEL? As Frank said, there are no bullets like you have in Excel, but if I want something that looks like a bullet point I put in the character alt-0149 (.) where I need it. Fiona "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FDB1196-1948-4896-9032-42A4DFB31E17@micro...

how do I do a Planned vs Actual start date & end date graph
hi, I'm plotting a Phase of a project in Excel and need to capture Planned vs Actual Start dates and End dates- how do I go about doing this in Excel using graphs? - please advise, thanks. ...

static data series height after data insertion
How do I add a cell to a data series without changing the range of the data series? I have a line chart with a line that represents only 30 days of data (the chart data series is defined to be exactly 30 cells high). When I update the data with today's data by inserting today's date and data to the top of the data series range, the data series definition in the charts changes to 31 days high. I need it to be only 30 days high after the insert. I don't want to change or write a macro to change the data series definition in the chart. I tried naming the range and using the name ...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

delete formulas but retain answer
I have used this formula SUM($E$3*E8) to give answer in cell F8 It is part of a contract document which I have to return to them In cells e3 to e8 are my rates and other info used to arrive at a total. Now I only want to return this document with the column that is now in F8 minus E3 to E8 If I delete E3 to E8 I lose the total that is in F8 (cause I will have deleted the formulas) Is there a way to retain the info in F8 but delete columns E3 to E8 thanks Am Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:23:22 +0100 schrieb SS: > Is there a way to retain the info in F8 but delete columns E3 to E8...

deleting a calendar series needs new option
When you have a series for a meeting appointment and after a year there is no longer a meeting your first impulse is to delete the meeting series from your calender. When you do this it deletes all past, present and future occurrances of the appointment. It would be really nice if the delete had an option to say from here forward so you can preserve history in the calender. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

What happen to Graphs in my portfolio?
I run Money premium 06. I had set up my portfolio view to see associated stock and fund graphs. When I click on the graph icon recently I don't get a graph but the money page and a empty box with a small red X in the upper left corner. What did I do wrong. No settings changed as I can remember. Doug ...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

Using custom functions within custom validation
When creating a custom validation rule using DATA-VALIDATION-CUSTOM menu, is it possible to use a custom function that I have written? E.g. =customfunc(A1)=true Whenever I try this I get the error "A named range you specified cannot be found". Presumably it is referring to the custom function name? Surely it is possible? Thanks for any help with this. Neil You need to refer to it indirectly, you can put it away somewhere not normally visible like in IV1 then refer to IV1 or create a defined name and refer to that name -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Neil" <nei...

Pivot Table formula
I would like to produce a Pivot Table, but without using the Pivot table function. I would like to use the SUMIF but I am aware that this can only be done for a single criteria. I have used the Condition Sum Wizard but this cannot be copies down or across without returning #Value. How can I find the formula behind a Pivot table so I can type his in myself. Thanks for any assistance. Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As a pivot table convert I cannot understand why you would want to do things the hard way <<grin>>. Or do you mean that you want to make a ...

MULTI STORE ORDER WRITING-SIMPLIFY
Hi- We have 7 stores and need to simplify the order writing process. Is there any way to write POs for all of our stores without having to do each order separately? We would like for all orders to come up with the items we want to order, being able to change the quantities according to the store. Thank you in advance for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0599_01C6CAFF.B4705610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you tried the 340 PO Planner worksheet? --=20 * Get Secure! - ...

Line graph colors
my spreadsheet contains 3 columns, a date, tournament type, Amount. Each tournament type is color coded, so it shows a general idea of money won or lost in the tournaments. I set up a separate worksheet to create a line graph. and entered a formula =c2 + b1 and copied the range to the bottom, so it gives me a running total of the tournament winnings and losings. I change the formulas to a value, using paste special, then I change the color in the column, using the paste special to format the colors which I have used, so the column of the running total also contains the colors. When I ...