wrapping text in powerpoiont charts

how do io wrap text in charts so the wording does not run together
0
queenie (2)

Formula with text
We do fixed assets on excel spreadsheet. Each worksheet is an new month. Formula is =K47*$M$2. The M represents the current month (7) and this number is entered on Row 2 M. We acquired the new asset in February and we only want to depreciate it for six months. This formula no longer works if we enter the current month of (7) in M. Can you help me? DD, What does the K47*M2 represent with respect to the fixed assets or what is K47? When you say you only wish to depreciate the new asset for 6 months, is that its entire useful life or are you taking a 1/2 year convention where 1/2 of...

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

remove the text preview in a slide text box
My slide has a text box and the bullits are grayed out until I select them in my presentation. How can I remove the grayed out preview? That is just a placeholder until you put text into it. It does not show up until your in the slide presentation mode. If you want a blank slide without a place holder you need to select new slide and select the blank option. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Ken V" <Ken V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F33DE7C8-4082-44A4-8499-91094BBA7FCC@microsoft.com... My slide has a text box and the bullits ar...

Calculating text boxes
I'm running a report on how to split up the fee for a band. Because all members of the band aren't equal (eg road crew work on a fixed fee) I have a code allocated to each member. Members Crew Agent In my query I have calculated a subtotal after the fixed fees are taken out and I now want to divide the remainder up amongst the Members equally. In my report I now have a field [FeeSubtotal] and a calculating text box called Text 27 with the control source =-Sum([Code]="Member") As an example, when I run the report the field show FeeSubtotal $5170 and the Text box showing ...

Cells with same text but excel think it's different?
I have two cells with exacely the same text. but excel think it's different and not returning any value for my vlookup.. I used if statement and the result is showing the 2 cells are different. I checked format, space and even '. can someone please help? thanks. Do you have an 0 instead of a O? (Number zero, letter O) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F83A62-88D7-4292-9B2E-B8F34B737B48@mic...

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Funky text justification
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040208070607020604080801 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Publisher 2007. Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be spread out like this for no reason and then the next line will be fine. Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the fu...

Set Chart Legend in VBA
In VBA, how do I specify the worksheet range that I want the chart legend to come from? My legend data is separated from my values data by several rows in the worksheet. The legend-entries are defined by the series. They show the same format as the series and the series name. Apart from deleting individual entries or not showing it at all, there is nothing you can do to change the entries, except of course by changing the series data (which you can do with VBA). Regards, Peter T "Stratuser" <Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D68...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

Chart will not update!
Hi all I've had a look through the various newsgroups and not found anything like this to refer to, so if anyone can shed any light I'd be grateful... I have a file with about 15 sheets, each with a fair amount of complex calculations, involving lookups and suchlike. Most of the sheets also contain one or more charts. The problem is that if I update the data, all the data re-calculates (automatic calculation is set to On and Iterations is set to 100) but the charts refuse to update. Pressing F9 or CTRL-ALT-F9 doesn't update the charts, although it does update all the worksheet c...

word wrap in publisher
I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have to open the 'format text box' box every time to set this. I am writing newsletters and need to do this quickly at least 20 times an hour. HELP!!! mewithad <mewithad@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap > values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have > to open the 'format text box' box every time to...

Add Text Field Columns
PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? -- On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:38:49 -0600, bw wrote: > PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) > > I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a > concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? How does one add "This is text." + "this is also text&qu...

create a chart using two columns for x & y, third for line data
Need help creating a chart using x data for x axis, y for y axis and z for line data. The data follows: x y z 6.070 1.470 0.242 9.010 2.058 0.228 10.970 2.380 0.230 11.950 2.580 0.216 A example chart: | z | z x| z | z |___________________ Y TIA Ted What do you mean, "line data"? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ted K wrote: > Need help creating a chart using x data for x axis, y for y axis a...

MFC chart with user-definable X-axis ticks/labels/grid
I am looking for an MFC charting widget that will allow user-definable X-axis ticks/labels/grid lines. For example, say I have data with X values ranging from 0 - 10,000. I want to show all data on the chart. However, I only want to show an X axis tick mark, label, and vertical grid line at certain X values, for example at x = 100 and x = 5000. Does anyone know of an MFC chart widget where this type of feature is supported? Many thanks for your help, John They have an active X version for VC++ developers http://www.nevron.com/ AliR. <jpw@creare.com> wrote in message news:1175...

Bold some text within a text box
I have a text box hosting a memo field. I have had a user request for the ability to bold some words within the text box. I suspect it is not possible within a text box but is there a way to do it? Or will it require a custom control? If it requires a custom control, what would be involved in changing over? Presumably existing text will automatically come in unformatted but are there any other things to consider? -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. It is possible only in Access 2007. In table ...

A macro for deleting lines of text
Hi I need to delete all lines except those containing the Text NMI, FromDate>, To Date> Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong with this Macro when I run it, it deletes all lines? Public Sub DeleteNonSpecific Rows() Dim rCell As Range Dim rDelete As Range For Each rCell In Range("A1:A" & _ Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) With rCell If Not (Text) = " FromDate>" Or _ (Text) = " ToDate>" Or _ ...

Wrap not wrapping
I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap. Anyone have a clue? Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge... Ralphael, the OLD one Ralpael Format>Cells>Alignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab. Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it. Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit". If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 28 ...

4-Sided Text Border
I want to print continuous text all around the outside border of my document . The only way I can figure out how to do it is use 4 text boxes & line 'em up as a border. Which I'll do if that's the only way . . . Is there a way to make one continuous text border around a document? Thanks so much! No way in Publisher to make one continuous text box. Your way (4 text boxes) will work. You could copy/paste special as a .png, this will allow cropping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan" <...

Displaying simple URL in CDialog as underlined text
Hi all, First of all I'd like to say that I'm quite new to MFC and Win32 APIs and my question might seem trivial to HC MFC programmers. I have a dialog based MFC application. When the user selects Help->About.. the application shows yet another dialog with some information on it. There's an URL too on the dialog. I've managed to make the URL, which is a CStatic text, clickable and once clicked it opens up a web browser using ShellExecute. However I'd like the text to be blue and underlined to show the user that it is a hyperlink indeed. Now it is just like ...

Access 2007-Report (Text Wrapping)
Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Set the Can Grow property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "SueW" wrote: > Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text > wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Thank you. "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Set the Can Grow property to Yes. > > -- > Build a little, test a little. > > > "SueW" wrote: > > > Is it possible to hav...

Using a time chart
I am attaching an example of what I need. The green areas can also be marked with "-" or "+" if needed. On sheet 2 you will see what I need the results to be. I just want this to be done with a formula or a macro. I want to change what is on sheet one and have the results change on sheet two. File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=319230 (cashier schedules.xls) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ since you a...

Convert columns from yyyymmdd (text) to dd/mm/yyyy (date)
Hi At the moment I'm trying to move some data from our company mainframe to a SQL 2000 database. I've been given a delimited file which I put into Excel before using DTS to import into sequel. However, all dates in the CSV are stored as yyyymmdd and as a text format in excel. I've searched these forums for answers on how to convert these fields to a dd/mm/yyyy format, but I couldn't get any suggestions to work properly. (It doesn't really matter if excel changes it to a string of 'dd/mm/yyyy' as opposed to a date field long as it's in that format. I'd be r...

Scatter chart, show multipel points
I have done a chatter chart. I would however that it should show if one co-ordinat has more than one ponit. Exemple: Data is: Point no x-value y-value 1 3 5 2 3 6 3 3 5 In that case I would like the point 3,5 to show 2 ponits, or saying 2 or something similar. Is there a good way to achive this? -- POP Assuming your X data is in B2:B4 and your Y data in C2:C4, enter this Array formula into D2: {=SUM(($B$2:$B$4=B2)*($C$2:$C$4=C2))} Don't type the curly braces, instead hold CTRL+SHIFT while pressing Enter, ...

How to convert text in a graphic file into normal text that MSWord
I have text in a jpec or gif file. How do I convert that to normal text that MSWord can process? You'd have to use OCR software (Optical Character Recognition). Office comes with something called Microsoft Document Imaging, which does a pretty decent job, but it only reads a limited number of graphics formats (I had to convert jpg's to tif's). It may not have been installed on your computer by default -- you may have to get out your Office distribution disk. My HP all-in-one also came with OCR, but I haven't found a way to get it to read a file that it didn't j...

stacking column charts
How do I specify which series of data to stack. Right now, I have 6 different data series and when I select "stacking chart", it stacks all 6 series in 1 column. I want it to stack 2 series per colunm, totally 3 columns per X (date) range. PLEASE HELP! If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. For example, with four departments over two years: 2001 2002 DeptA 100 120 DeptB 50 60 DeptC 90 100 DeptD 40 50 Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site...