Why the hidden column can't be shown on charts?

It is strange that when the data is quoted from a hidden column, the data
can'be showed on charts. is it one default excel charts properties?

I'm not farmilia with excel chart. does anyone can help me let this data
shown on charts?

Thanks and regards,
Viesta
0
viesta.wu (1)

Hi,

It is an option. in xl2003 select the chart and then use the menus
Tools > Options > Chart
uncheck Plot visible cells only

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"ViestaWu" <viesta.wu@konecranes.com> wrote in message
> It is strange that when the data is quoted from a hidden column, the data
> can'be showed on charts. is it one default excel charts properties?
>
> I'm not farmilia with excel chart. does anyone can help me let this data
> shown on charts?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Viesta

0
andy9699 (3616)

How to auto format Area Chart Data Label?
Hello, I have an area chart with several labels data point, where the row is the type 939, 949, 969, 999 and Extra, column are date 01/09, 02/09.... and the data value in number of hours. Date Type 01/09 02/09 03/09 939 12.5 60.5 52.0 949 25.5 12.5 12.0 969 979 56.5 60.5 52.0 999 Extra 5.0 2.3 1.1 Depend on the machine number selected, it might have all type 939,etc.. then sometime just return 939 and 999 only. How do I auto f...

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

Can I obtain x values from y values on an Excel chart?
I've constructed an exponential curve, is there a function whereby I can enter new y values to obtain the corresponding x values, instead of having to print it off and read off manually? Many thanks from a novice -Helen Moore if Y=A*Exp(BX); then Ln(Y) - Ln(A) = BX or X= (Ln(Y) -Ln(A))/B Also remember you can use LOGEST or LINEST to extract the trendline coefficients into cells rather than copying them form equation on chart; see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ExponentialTrendline&%20LOGEST.htm http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm best wishes...

Counting in a filtered column
Hello all, I am looking for a way of counting the amount of times "PASS" appear in column B wether or not column A is filtered. I have trie countif(B1:B10,"PASS") but when column A is filtered the total cel counting "PASS" in column B still shows the overall total. I need it t only show how many "PASS" are now in column B. Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have a look at HELP index for SUBTOTAL -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "greg7468 >" <<greg7468.18crlm...

Adding a coma to the text data in every row of a column
Adding a coma to the text data in every row of a column I have an Excel spread sheet that has 6,000 rows of text in one of the columns. I want to be able to add a coma (,) after the last character in each row. Can this task be done automatically? In additional to posting your solution to this group, can you please cc: me at lpsca@earthlink.net Larry, The following code did it for me in about 1 second on 7000 rows... '----------------------------- 'Adds a comma at the right end of each cell's contents in Column "L" (12). 'For a different column change the L and 1...

column totals on stacked column chart
Hi. Is there a good way to get the column totals on a stacked column chart to appear above the columns? All I have gotten so far is the individual pieces of the column to show their values inside of the column, but the user wants the column total, above the column. Thanks. Mark Hi, Assuming your chart is a 2d stacked column you could use dummy data series plotted on the secondary axis to display the total. Create yourself a helper column on your worksheet that sums the values of each column. Add this to the chart. At first it will be an extra portion on each stack. Select the serie...

charting on/off status
I need to chart the on or off status of a device. I would like for the chart to show a "1" on the y-axis when the device is on and a "0" on the y-axis when the device is off. The x-axis would show the time. If the device comes on at 9:00 am my data recorder records a record with a value of "1" at 9:00. Data recorder's next record is a "0" at 9:23 when the device changes to the off state. Can someone help me to chart this type of information? In the end, I have 4 data recorders that I want to plot on the same chart to determine when the...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

Copying Excel charts to PowerPoint
I would like to knowwhy some Excel charts do not copy to PowerPoint correctly when using Paste Special, Copy as Excel Object but have to ne copied as a bitmap to be readable. In article <CF42E141-10AE-4123-9C53-AB8CCEDAB431@microsoft.com>, Cheezeman wrote: > I would like to knowwhy some Excel charts do not copy to PowerPoint correctly > when using Paste Special, Copy as Excel Object but have to ne copied as a > bitmap to be readable. Please mention the version of PowerPoint and Excel you're using, describe as clearly as you can the problem you're seeing...

Bar Charts #2
I am trying to create a basic bar chart to include 3 seperate cells of information employee name year salar I have been successful in getting the employees names in the Legend corresponding to the color coded bar, the year on the left hand side of the chart (Y) axis but I have not been able to get the salary to show in the (X) axis Am I missing a step or am I just using the wrong chart type Thank yo -Jen Jenn - If you arrange your data like this and make your bar chart: John Smith 1995 21,000 1996 22,000 1997 25,000 1998 27,000...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

Column
I have difficulty with Word... I have a letter with column. This is my document type. But I would like to cut and paste this one page in other new document. So when I paste my page (with column in top) my document became in 2 pages. I can't put my document in just one page...help me please ! ...

Vision Org Chart synchronised to Excel
I have also been trying to find a way to link an ORG chart to Excel. i.e. When I import data into an Org chart from an excel Spreadsheet. I then want to link the Org chart to the spreadsheet so that any changes made in the Org chart is automatically updated in the spreadsheet. Regards C Unfortunately the orgchart wizard is a one-way street. al "Cathy" wrote: > I have also been trying to find a way to link an ORG chart to Excel. i.e. > When I import data into an Org chart from an excel Spreadsheet. I then want > to link the Org chart to the spreadsheet so that an...

Transpose Large Column to Row
Hi - I have a column with about 25,000+ rows in Excel 2007, and need to somehow get this transposed into a row (so with 25,000+ columns). I have tried to do this with the TRANSPOSE function using Ctrl-C and using the Paste drop-down menu and selecting the Transpose option. But I get an error message that the copy area and paste area are not the same size. I presume this is because I cannot paste across 25,000+ columns? Basically, in the end, what I want to have is a list of each cell with a semicolon after each but am just not sure how to do this. Any suggestions would ...

Adjust scale of chart to match real world
Hi- I'm plottig a series of x,y points for designing model rocket nose cones in Excel. I've got everything set up correctly but have two problems- 1. What settings would I use on the x and y axis so that my chart properly displays the correct proportion of my nose cone? I'm assuming that the x and y axis should both start and end with the same values- is that correct? 2. And, after I get the proportion correct, is there a way to print out the chart to match real world dimensions? For example, I'm plotting my dimensions in inches. Can I somehow print out the chart so that...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

how do you make a chart
I am trying to make line graph where I can compare two seperate times. I want to have one series as 2004 and one as 2005. However, I am completely clueless on how to do it. Help!!! Jen, In Excel ther are a few ways to make a chart, but the easiest way to create a chart would be to follow the "Chart Wizard." This tool is found on the "Toolbar" right next to "the balloon with a question mark in it" (Microsoft Excel Help). And you can follow the four steps that the wizard provides to create the chart you desire. Or click > Insert >Chart... and t...

Columns keep defaulitng to no info
Can someone please assist: I like to see the sender of a piece of email, then the subject matter or visa versa, then the date then the size. All this not necessarily with a preview This is how my out look email has been set up for a decade or so by default. It has been the same with Outlook 2002 for a year or longer. Suddenly the view has defaulted to a completely useless view of the fact that an item has been RECEIVED (which is kinda obvious as this is, for example, my inbox), next the time a message came in with the date. There is a PLUS on the very left which you have to click on...

Sum Different Rows & Columns
I need some assistance with making the following calculation. Eac week a person shoots a score. They can have anywhere from 1-12 score over a 12 week period, but no more than 1 per week. Each week a calculation is made to generate "bonus points" which ar added the next time they register a score. I need to find a way to: 1) Locate the current week's score for each unique person. 2) Add the "bonus points" calculated in their previous record (which i tabulated in a different column). The data is in the following format: Date Person Score Total Bonus 15-Jan Mike 1...

My Outlook 2000 file is hidden
I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still have access to the files but I need to look into the folder. What happened? What do I need to do in order to have the folder accessible? Ans <Ans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago > it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. > Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still h...

Position a chart according to the position of the userform
Dear all, In VBA, I am trying to move a chart according to the position of a userform. How do I calculate the x and y position of the chart so that it will be aligned with the position of the userform. Thank you Gaetan On Mar 3, 4:15=A0pm, Gaetan <gmourm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > In VBA, I am trying to move a chart according to the position of a > userform. > > How do I calculate the x and y position of the chart so that it will > be aligned with the position of the userform. > > Thank you > > Gaetan I found how to...

Dynamic Charting Question
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation). =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1) I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will automatically pick it up. We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the determined dynamic range for X? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is there ...

Dividing Worksheet into Two Columns
Greetings, Is there a way to, in page setup or somewhere else, divide the worksheet itself into two columns, much like Word document? I have a measly four column spreadsheet going but it's long (over 1400 rows). Looks crappy on print preview - could easily fit two sets of these four columns on a single page with 0.75" borders. Thanks, Ray B. Try this: File>Page Setup>Sheet tab>Options>Printing Shortcuts tab>Pages per sheet: change to 2 pages per sheet "Office User" wrote: > Greetings, > > Is there a way to, in page set...