Why is my 3rd x axis values only showing the bullets & not line?

I have 3 values for my x axis.  With each value I have chosen the line graph.
 My 3rd value only shows the bullets and not the line.  I have tried changing
the color but that doesn't work.  My first 2 lines are correct.  Can't find
where I am doing something wrong
0
Marian (11)

Are there gaps in the data? If so, select the chart, go to Tools menu >
Options > Chart, and in the top section, choose the option to interpolate
over blank cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"marian" <marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 values for my x axis.  With each value I have chosen the line
>graph.
> My 3rd value only shows the bullets and not the line.  I have tried
> changing
> the color but that doesn't work.  My first 2 lines are correct.  Can't
> find
> where I am doing something wrong

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/14/2007 8:48:59 PM
That did it!!  Thank you very much!!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Are there gaps in the data? If so, select the chart, go to Tools menu >
> Options > Chart, and in the top section, choose the option to interpolate
> over blank cells.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "marian" <marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 3 values for my x axis.  With each value I have chosen the line
> >graph.
> > My 3rd value only shows the bullets and not the line.  I have tried
> > changing
> > the color but that doesn't work.  My first 2 lines are correct.  Can't
> > find
> > where I am doing something wrong

0
Marian (11)

Obtaining values from datafile
Hi i would like to know how to obtain values from a datafile and store it into edit controls... If i enter a particular value similar to that in a data file then i need to get all the correspnding values into other edit control ????????? (1) Open the file (2) Read a record (3) Put the values in edit controls (4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary SetWindowText works very well for putting values into edit controls. GetWindowText for retrieving them. See my essays (such as Avoiding GetDlgItem) on my MVP Tips site. You could even use UpdateData if you don't mind all the other cumbersome f...

Excel
Amidst a long listing of multiple values, X1 = 2.0, Y1 = 7.00 ; X3 = 2.1, Y3 = 7.51 . For X2 = 2.05, Y2 = ? Please devise a worksheet formula in order to interpolate the values thereof. Regards. One way using FORECAST() If the known x and y values are in cols A and B, row2 down, viz.: Values of X1 and X3 are in A2:A3 Values of Y1 and Y3 are in B2:B3 X2's value of 2.05 is in A4 Try in B4: =FORECAST(A4,B2:B3,A2:A3) which returns 7.255 -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "TKT-Tang" <tkt_tang@hotmail.com> wro...

Can't find icon that shows space used up.
Good morning! I tried last week and then again today to find the icon that shows us, when pressing it, the space all our emails are taking up. (It helps to know when to go back to purge older stuff once the amount starts getting very big.) I had it in the toolbar at my last job but this O2K backup's toolbar is an earlier version that doesn't have that icon. Can someone pls tell me under which category to find it and what it might be called? I found this one originally by accident and after looking through the categories and the items available one by one, I couldn't...

sumproduct 2 columns based on criteria in 3rd column
Can someone help me to with this formula? I have 3 columns. Two of them have dollar amounts and the third one a date. How to I add the 2 columns based on the date in the third column without counting blank fields. A 4,228.50 B 295.00 C January 12, 2005 Do you want to SUM the A and B values for all non-blank C's ? Gives us a little more info. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "excel guru i''m not" <excelguruimnot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35072EAD-9FA8-421D-AED5-60874A794A16@microsoft.co...

Vlookup
Basically I'm after a formula that can check two conditions befor returning the value of the nth occurance I specify. Specifically, I'm trying to automate the creation of a vendor repor that lists all vendor sales. I need a formula that, based on a uniqu vendor number, will: - check colomn A for the vendor number match - then check column B to see if there is a buyer number >0 (which mean that the item is sold) If these conditions are met I need it to dump the value that appears i column 8 of the 'nth' occurance I specify I've used vlookups to great effect before in...

UserForm show question
Is there any way to cause a userform (UserForm2) to show when someone clicks in TextBox1 on the current userform? I am not sure I understand the question, but you can call a UserForm anytime from any code module because it is a separate object. But if it is already visible you cannot open a second instance of it. The TextBox has a double click event that could be used, but not a single click. There are other events such as enter and exit that could also be used to call a userform. You can view these events by creating a textbox from the Control Toolbox and then right click ...

COLUMN CHART Y AXIS PROBLEM
In a column chart with a data table, I want the numbers to appear on the Y axis. However, the zero amount rests on the top line of the data table. I don't want to change the format of the data table. Suggestions? Thanks DCG - I don't exactly understand your dilemma, particularly "the zero amount rests on the top line of the data table". Could you re-explain? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ dcg1950 wrote: > In a column chart with a data table, I want the numbers to appear on the Y axis. ...

matching a sorting the exact value in the data list
Hi there, In Excel 2000 I wish to match and sort the following data using some type of function in Excel. CRXU1972999 CRXU1972509 CRXU1973932 CRXU1972999 DFSU6001327 CRXU1973932 GESU2271222 FCIU2056631 GESU9254295 GESU2271222 PCIU3025511 PCIU2365754 PCIU3030457 PCIU3023571 PCIU3038329 PCIU3025511 PCIU3039304 PCIU3026020 PCIU3055060 PCIU3030457 PCIU3060600 PCIU3038329 PCIU3061993 PCIU3039304 PCIU3066085 PCIU3060600 ....so the above mentioned data should look like this(see below) after the function has been applied. CRXU1972999 CRXU1972999 (wish to join but in seperate columns) CRXU19739...

xy scatter x axis
I have a client trying to create an XY scatter chart. The values for the X axis are: 16000, 8000, 4000, 2000, 1000, 500, 250 and 125. They are numbers, not text. He would like these values to be displayed in relation to the amount between the different values. For example, 16000 and 8000 should have more space between them than 250 and 125. Is there a way to do this? -- maryj I wonder if he's trying to create a LINE chart rather than an XY Scatter chart. Barb Reinhardt "maryj" <maryj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6135E8A7-30CC-4C5A-9B6B-5FCCD0D80...

Scatter Chart w/ Lines limit?
I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the week ( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on each individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore dates. Why can I add more data? Thank you in advance, Maurolava In general the limits are generous: 32,000 points per series, a total of 256,000 points per chart. Your limit may be due to adding one point at a time using the Ctrl key to select individual cells. This produces a large series formula, because each cell has its address (including worksheet name)...

3rd Posting of Out of Office Assistant not Responding
I've have posted this question twice where an MVP has responded and has not checked back on the thread to see if any additional help was needed. Here is the background on this issue: Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not sending an AutoReply response to sender. The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net structure to our domain. Com for external use and Net for internal use. Both are being handled by an Internal Exchange 2000 server. This is not a global issue. This is happening to a single user. It is not workstation related. No matter where she uses her roami...

Using Cell Contents for X Axis
I am using Excel 2003. I want to have the X Axis tic mark names to be taken from the contents of a range of cells. I remember that in some prior version I had the option to specify a range of cells as the source of an axis' values. How can I do that in Excel 2003? Wayne ...

WORD needs a 1st-3rd/3rd to 1st person conversion feature.
Fiction writers and journalists constantly switch from first person (I) to third (he/she) while editing. Search and replace doesn't help completely. It's pure mechanics and should be automated - let the computer do this drudgery. I hoped it would be added to WORD 2007 but it's not there. Is there an add-on? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

assign the resource text1 a value in the tasks text 4 field...
I've been able to get the task text1 data to = the resource usage view text4 at the resource level....not the actual assignment level. any help with the procedure to set resource task1 = to tasks text4 would be greatly appreciated. thanks E In article <EE20CB14-ED35-4BC2-9BB2-B8E0E39DC7B9@microsoft.com>, Elvis <Elvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been able to get the task text1 data to = the resource usage view text4 > at the resource level....not the actual assignment level. > > any help with the procedure to set resource tas...

Values is Series
I recently made a graph with 20 different values. Now i am tryin again, but it will not allow more than 13? can some one please help. Also after i close the graph for the first time it does the same thing I tried making a new one, but it will not allow it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Ummm... you need to provide some more information on the problem. -- [Po...

Shortcuts for Hide & Show and Expansion Buttons
Hi, Is there a way to access these buttons trough the keyboard? I've read some manuals and found nothing. TIA and Regards GP Prof v 10.00.0774 -- Arturo Medina Best Integration Systems Record a macro that clicks the button. Then create a shortcut, with a hot key, that runs the macro. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Arturo Medina" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to access these buttons trough the keyboa...

Count of values in a column based on values in another column
How do i count values based on values in another column. For example Col1 Col2 A 10 A A 20 B 12 B 15 B I want a formula for counting values in col2 where Col1 is "A". So the answer i am looking for is 2 Thanks Hi try =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A7="A")*(B2:B7<>"")) Regards JulieD "student" <agarwalp@lucent.com> wrote in message news:O$i5%23CfgEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do i count values based on values in another column. > > For example > > Col1 Col2 > A 1...

Re-loading Office 2007 under the 2nd user without using 3rd user
My computer hard drive died and had to be replaced. I lost everything, and had to restore back with the original restore disks, losing the 2nd user of a 3 user Office Home & Student 2007 Version. I am trying to find out how I reinstall the 2nd user, without using the 3rd user on the set. Can anyone help me out here? "Lisa B" <Lisa B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA6E3FE-AB25-4013-8595-EB71B475662D@microsoft.com... > My computer hard drive died and had to be replaced. I lost everything, and > had to restore back with the original...

3rd smtp domain
Hi all, I searched and all I found was about adding a 2nd domain, we already have added a 2nd domain a while back and now, we're adding a 3rd smtp domain, so I did all the basics like add policy, mx entry and dns, and firewall, but somehow we can't get incoming mail to the 3rd domain address (no ndr's), here's the setup, we have 3 exchange servers (1 e2k3, 2 e2k) we're in the process of retiring one of the e2k servers, the e2k3 is the newest one, we already have multiple smtp domains to begin with. I added the last domainname under the 1st priority entry in recipient...

Axis labels wrap until print/print preview
POS Office 2007 I have a simple chart with 2 lines utilizing both the left and right vertical axis. The horizontal axis labels are wrapped nicely so that all fit, or so one thinks. When I print, the labels do not wrap, but overwrite each other. Even in print preview, the labels are all run together. Is there somewhere I can force a wrap of the labels? Rita Brasher Sorry, I should have added that this chart is on a page with other charts. The font size is already 6, so it cannot reasonably be made smaller pr my audience will need a magnifying glass to see it...

waterfall graph with negative values
Can anybody be so kind as to help me with creating waterfall (cascaded) graph because I spent 1h and I give up. I'd like to have 3 bars: 1) One starts at 0 and decreases by 5 (i.e. ends at -5). 2) Starts at -5 and increases by 10 (i.e. ends at +5). 3) Starts at +5 and decreases by 5 (i.e. ends at 0). Many thanks in advance for help! lucas Hi, Have you seen Jon's page on waterfall charts? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/waterfallcrossing.html Cheers Andy lucas wrote: > Can anybody be so kind as to help me with creating waterfall (cascaded) graph > because I spent ...

3rd Party Billing
I work in an industry where our customer is often NOT the person we bill. We are using Project Accounting. When we enter a new contract with our "Customer", we often find out later that someone else will be paying the bills; however, once we set up the contract, you can't change the customer. You'd have to delete the whole contract and start from scratch. In versions previous to 7.5, the resolution was to change the address ID, which would get the invoice to the right place, but the open invoice would remain on the account of the original albeit incorrect customer...

How can I display upper and lower control limits as a line?
How can I display upper and lower control limits as solid lines on a chart? Hi, The following pages have examples of how to add lines. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm Cheers Andy Ringo417 wrote: > How can I display upper and lower control limits as solid lines on a chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Find value in a range, then use value in adyacent cell
I'm trying to build a league table for soccer and I have a problem i having all automatic. My goal is that league stats should update a soon as I insert results in the "matches od the day" table. I'l explain my table: A,B,C,D Team1,3,0,Team2 Team3,1,0,Team4 Team5,0,0,Team6 I need a formula to find the team in the column A (only one column a time as I have tables for home and away games), and IF it finds it THEN it should read the value in the SAME row but in adyacent column ( or C for example), IF not tha it should leave blank. I tried: =FIND(B1:B3; A1:A3) but I don...

meeting invites now show up as emails only
As of very recently, Outlook invites sent from my work calendar to my home calendar (both Outlook, although work Outlook is 2003 I think) now only show up as emails, not as calendar invites. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening - it used to work just fine. Fixes? ...