Why is excel 2007 slow when selecting chart data from the formula

Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar. For
example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of
approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the cell
references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell
references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of excel
including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in the
formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used with
excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears.

0
RodMTS (1)

This is a known problem. Hopefully, this is one that SR1 will address. In
the meantime there is a hotfix which is described at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938538
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RodMTS" <RodMTS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar.
> For
> example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of
> approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the
> cell
> references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell
> references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of
> excel
> including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in
> the
> formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used
> with
> excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Filter to select from various fields on opening a form
I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field); DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field). At the same time, I want the option not to select anything in each of these fields. Please could somebody give me the steps to do this. I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database. Thank you for any help. I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say becau...

CRM 1.2 Too Slow to be usuable
This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up data. This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. Do you have any third party tools added to CRM? "John" wrote: > This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. > > If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up > data. > This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. > Nope. This is an out-o...

Printing an Excel doucument

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Windows Update

excel axes

Value-of Select
Hi there, Im in a pickle chaps. I need to fetch information out from our raw XML files into a Style XSL sheet. Basically I have the commant <xsl:value-of select="Product/ProductCode"/> However the structure of the XML file is based like the following example <root> <Product> <ProductCode type="Seller">V1145</ProductCode> <ProductCode type="Buyer">H05439</ProductCode> </Product> </root> As you can see, we have different product codes based on Buyer and Sellers. However in my style sheet I only wan...

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Excel number / date conversion

import data to sales
Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104 tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace als...

Email from Excel #3

version excel

double line spacing using excel 2000

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...

Multi-select from a dropdown list
I have a dropdown list but wish to select more than one item from it - is this possible? Not really. Could you replace it with a listbox -- and allow multiple selections? PaulaG wrote: > > I have a dropdown list but wish to select more than one item from it - is > this possible? -- Dave Peterson Hi Paula Only with code This code (not written by me) will allow you to make multiple selections from a data validation cell, and will insert a comma between each selected value Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rngDV As Range ...

Don't Plot Point but leave in Data Table
I don't want to plot a couple of points in my chart but like to keep them in the data table. How can I accomplish in MS 2007? EXCEL 2007 Try the following (I have a bar chart on the screen in front of me as I do this. It has 9 countries on the Y axis; I will remove 2 of those countries). 1. Click the graph to highlight it. 2. Select Data. Select Data Source window launches. 3. Hit the:- Switch Row / Column button 4. I now have my countries in a list on the left hand side. - click on France and hit Remove - click on Germany and hit Remove 5. Hit t...