What is the formula for getting time difference e.g. ("4 hrs 15 m.

I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the third
row, i want to display the difference between two times.  And it should come
in this manner...

"4 hrs 15 min"..

what would be the exact formula?

Regards
sandeep

         A                B                C
1        Start Time    End Time    Delta
2        8:00            10:20           =B2-A2

You'll then have to format the C column to have time in the format you want.

"Sandeep Manjrekar" <SandeepManjrekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3AA54934-E119-46AE-8822-E947F94E873B@microsoft.com...
> I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the
third
> row, i want to display the difference between two times.  And it should
come
> in this manner...
>
> "4 hrs 15 min"..
>
> what would be the exact formula?
>
> Regards
> sandeep

0
breinhardt (272)
12/3/2004 1:17:51 PM
Hi
in which format do you have entere start/end time?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In
the third
> row, i want to display the difference between two times.  And it
should come
> in this manner...
>
> "4 hrs 15 min"..
>
> what would be the exact formula?
>
> Regards
> sandeep

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/3/2004 1:19:36 PM
This number format shows 4:15 as 4 hrs 15 min:

   h" hrs "m" min"

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

>          A                B                C
> 1        Start Time    End Time    Delta
> 2        8:00            10:20           =B2-A2
>
> You'll then have to format the C column to have time in the format you want.
>
> "Sandeep Manjrekar" <SandeepManjrekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3AA54934-E119-46AE-8822-E947F94E873B@microsoft.com...
>
>>I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the
>
> third
>
>>row, i want to display the difference between two times.  And it should
>
> come
>
>>in this manner...
>>
>>"4 hrs 15 min"..
>>
>>what would be the exact formula?
>>
>>Regards
>>sandeep

Outlook Express
My previous computer is no longer available, but I have the hard drive. I used Microsoft Outlook Express and employed a POP3 mail server to download my mail messages. At this moment, my mail resides on this hard drive. Ugh! What is the best approach to recover those e-mail messages? If I saved mail into a personal folder, then that mail would most likely be a PST file. I simply downloaded my mail and I did not create personal folders. Thanks! C:\Documents and Settings\windows username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express Pst files are use...

error when you get to ohio st
how do I fix? It would make it much easier for us to understand the question, if you actually provided a full question with information we can work with. Give some details. "GWMOORE" wrote: > how do I fix? There's a hidden worksheet in that workbook. Window|unhide and unhide Validation The formula in Y2 should be: =Bracket!R40 The formula in Y3 should be: =Bracket!R42 The Formula in Z2 should be: =Bracket!R44 The Formula in Z2 should be: =Bracket!R46 Each column is the previous cell +4 rows (R40, R44, R48, ... or R42, R46, R50, ....) Then rehide the Validation ...

I'm looking for a cookbook page format
Final copy will be bound in 6 x 9 inch format (book size). Thanks :) 2 recipes per page I'm thinking. ...

help with formula please #2

IMF v2
Hello, all looks like running fine. Messages will be blocked and stored to the archive folder. But messages which should be moved to the Junk-e-Mail folder are always in the Inbox. Do you have any idea why? Thank you for help Tom Make sure the Junk Email folder is enabled for each mailbox. Check these links: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/015/outlookjunk.htm http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/008/centraljunk.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Thomas Kie...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Do not allow external e-mail
My exchange server is used only for internal email. I have exch2k3 SP1 win2k3 front-end back-end. I have blocked external relay for front-end users (pop and imap) but do not succeed to block external send for Mapi users! Any idea?! On Tue, 17 May 2005 12:59:46 +0200, "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >My exchange server is used only for internal email. >I have exch2k3 SP1 win2k3 front-end back-end. >I have blocked external relay for front-end users (pop and imap) but do not >succeed to block external send for Mapi users! >Any idea?! > Restrict the users by...

help with a formula #5

Can offset be used in this formula?

changing computers; how to get all of my emails/signatures over
We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I will still be using outlook. Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "ops man" <cs@gigagolf.com> wrote in message news:f26aa101.0311180604.98bd612@posting.google.com... We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I wi...

Problem getting values in iframe
Hi, I have placed an iframe to the account form. This iframe calls an .aspx page that is also placed on the same server as the CRM. I am trying to get an value from the CRM form to the .aspx page in the iFrame. my function that I call upon "onLoad": <script language="javascript"> function GetSomeValues() { document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = parent.document.forms[0].all.name.DataValue; } </script> This fails! I get the message: "Access denied!" Is there any setting in the CRM I have forgotten to turn on or off?? Can a...

Outlook 2003 HTML reverts to Times New Roman
This was probably asked and answered but haven't found anything exactly like my problem so here goes. Mail format set to HTML do not use Word as editior Message composed using Arial 12 point. Select Message convert to plain text Select Message convert to HTML and defaults to TNR Have checked every setting in Word and Outlook and modified every possible setting to use any font other than TNR. Is this fixable? -- MichaelIRS http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Formula #29

MFC .exe gets access violation exception in release version but not debug
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have an MFC .exe that gets an access violation (C0000005) exception in the release version but not the debug version. So I don't know what line of code causes it. But why should they act differently in this way at all? The exception occurs when a tab on a property sheet is being clicked. The only output in the debug screen when the tab is being clicked is "Warning: skipping non-radio button in group." Would that cause it? Does tab order determine groups along with the tab stop property? What are reasons why MFC code would get an access ...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

E-mail Not Resolved
Hi Everyone: When responding to an e-mail from CRM, the reply mail states "At least one e-mail address could not be resolved to the records" or close to that. I've checked the contact and the account e-mail address, both are correct. In both cases, the e-mail address in CRM's reply to field is the unresolved address abc@abc.com (again, the correct address). However, if I open the contact in Outlook proper, the email address is listed in its friendly form, eg: Don Jones. I'm suspecting CRM is not reading the contact information correctly--any ideas? BTM, if I do re...

MS e-learning 5456ae lab
I am on the "Manually01" lab. Number 4 says to "expand the Categories field list, in the Field List pane, click the plus sign". Where is this Field List pane? I can't find it. ...

time out error
I'm using a D-link router not a Linksys my out-going e- mails with attachments always time out. Using Outlook 2002 on XP. Can anyone help? ...

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Outlook 2003 lost my e-mails
Few days ago I launched Outlook 2003 to download all the e-mails from my mailbox. I had several of them, since I had been in vacation for two weeks. During vacation, I had accessed my mailbox thru a web interface from my laptop. When I was back home, I tried to download them on my desktop by POP3, as usual. Everything seems to work fine for most of my e-mail addresses but one (I have several e-mail addresses). IThe e-mails were no more in the mailbox, but not in Outlook folders too. I checked all filters and rules just in case they would be responsible for missing messages. Nothing. Al...

add field to form from different table
I have a form - record source is t0103Issue.(see below for fields) I would like to add a text box with a field (LevelorAdj) from a different table(see below for LevelorAdj) Textbox is named LJ table t013IssueDesc (add LevelorAdj to form) IssueDescID IssueDesc LevelorAdj table t0103Issue (for form) IssueID RiskID IssueDescID How is this done? -- deb Deb, in the form's current event, add: LJ=dlookup("LevelorAdj","t013IssueDesc","IssueDescID = " & [IssueDescID]) UpRider "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A710...