what does "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" mean?

I get this message dialog box when I try to change the source data in an
excel file chart. However, I don't undertand why it occrus. My intention is
not to add any "font" data but just to change the source data reference of
the chart. does anyone know WTF is up here?!

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"NaridaRovi" <NaridaRovi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get this message dialog box when I try to change the source data in an
> excel file chart. However, I don't undertand why it occrus. My intention
> is
> not to add any "font" data but just to change the source data reference of
> the chart. does anyone know WTF is up here?!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

what does "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" mean?
I get this message dialog box when I try to change the source data in an excel file chart. However, I don't undertand why it occrus. My intention is not to add any "font" data but just to change the source data reference of the chart. does anyone know WTF is up here?! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "NaridaRovi" <NaridaRovi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B50E2E3-A661-4FA1-B604-3...

MSG: No more new fonts may be added to this workbook
I get the above message while I'm working with my excel 2002 file. It's a big file with lots of charts. When I copy and paste a chart I get the above message and the program locks (although I can usually save and re-open). But I don't understand what this message means. Can anyone help? I'm not too fussy about formatting and have tried clearing formats etc. but it only buys me a couple more charts to add. Thanks, Dan As answered in .charting -- Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMA...