Web query financial data into chart

Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00
pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1
minute.
I like to plot this rate versus time over this period.
How can I realize that?

regards, Louis

--
loconel
loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481

You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic
defined name for the graph range.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00
> pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1
> minute.
> I like to plot this rate versus time over this period.
> How can I realize that?
>
> regards, Louis
>

> --
> loconel
> loconel's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Chart HELP!!
Hi, I'm still working on my chart problem. I must be stupid but...for example, say I have a series 1,2,3,4 and I want that series in ONE BAR only, cumulative, that is one bar section going from 0 to 1, next section of SAME bar going from 1 to 2, next section of SAME bar going from 2,3 etc. so that at the end I have ONE bar, not 4 bars. Tx a lot. Sat You need to do a stacked column chart. Be aware that you may need to view it by columns OR by rows to achieve the desired effect. If you have the data running in a column you need to view the data as rows and vice versa if your data run...

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I want to copy data in outlook folders of one computer(office unit) to be used or pasted and read to another computer (at home),pls kindly advice how to do it? ...

changing the SQL query on CRdc / CMSFlexGrid...example anywhere?
Hello, I have an application that connects to my remote database. I want to use the same window with CMSFlexGrid class to display the resukts from a query. Unfortunately, with my current setup the flex grid only displays the query results from the pre-runtime SQL property setting. Changing the SQL property in the connected CRdc and refreshing both remote data and CMSFlexGrid doesn't update to the new query. ie: void CDatabase_searchDlg::OnButton1() { //change to the new SQL query ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(IDC_REMOTEDATACTL1))->SetSql("SELECT * FROM data"); ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(I...

date in queries
Dears While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get sum,min ,max,avg in summary option if the data is in number type. Any body can sujest any logic to get max and min value if the data type is in date field while we making a query by using query wizard any help please Regards Faisal Riyadh You can use Min and Max for dates. What problem are you having? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Faisal" wrote: > Dears > > While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get > sum,min ,max,avg in summary opti...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

query to find when an event happened
I have 12 years of weather data in one table, and have queries to give me total rainfalls between different dates etc, as well as max and min temperatures. What I would like now is a query to tell me what date in a selected range the max or min temperature was. I have tried the WHERE clause just see what it would return but I got a syntax error. Thanks See: Getting a related field from a GroupBy (total) queryat: http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

chart #11
How do I plot a chart with two different rows but same columns. Regards Bismark Show us a small example of the data, please best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Bismark" <Bismark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1DB8CA-E78F-4E10-967E-4922F2431940@microsoft.com... > How do I plot a chart with two different rows but same columns. > > Regards > Bismark ...

Address List Query
Hi, I want to create an ldap query for an address that returns only the users that are in a specific organisational unit. I have tried using the query builder but I don't find OU anywhere in the availble search criteria. So I suppose I need to learn some ldap. Can anyone recommend a good "LDAP for dummies" website? I would also appreciate any suggestions with this specific query I am trying to build. TIA, Jarryd ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Pivot Table Query crashes access 2007
Until recently I was able to create pivot table queries, now for some reason I am unable to. I create my query as per normal, then change the view to Pivot table view and access crashes, stops responding, and restarts. I think this is as a result of the updates for office that were downloaded and installed today. Otherwise, were can I go check to make sure I have all the correct add-ins, etc installed and activated, I doubt this is the cause though as I have not changed anything. I have also tested this in multiple databases and all of them crash. I am running Vista Business and Offi...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

input text at front of field that contains data
Hi there, I have imported data into excel and I wish to input text ZZ in front of the orginal data...for example her is how the data looks like(to the left). Column A (how do I put a ZZ in front of the text without going through it one by one ________ so in a matter of seconds it should look like this(the column to the right) ABADES ZZABADES ABADEF ZZABADEF ABADET ZZABADET ABADER ZZABADER ABADEW ....and so on ....and so on I have 62...

How do I fill data into mfc combo-box control in VS2008
In VS6.0, I could simply type in strings each seperated by Alt+Enter. In VS2008, I cannot input strings in property frame. How do I do that? -- Daewon YOON Type each of the strings separated by a semi-colon in the Property "Data". - Shoaib "TheOne" <daewon.yoon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:559afad2-d866-4798-bb0f-f5d59e3887c1@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > In VS6.0, I could simply type in strings each seperated by Alt+Enter. > > In VS2008, I cannot input strings in property frame. How do I do that? > > -- > Daewon YOON > "The...

Worksheet Data
I have 2 worksheets in one excel file and on sheet1 i have data in cel F13 that needs to be in sheet2 cell A5. is there a command i can put i so it would automatically grab info from cell F13 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 1. click in cell A5 on sheet 2 2. insert = 3. Select cell F13 on sheet 1 4. Hit enter or just enter the following in cell A5: ='Sheet1'!F13 HTH Frank > I have 2 worksheets in one excel file and on sheet1 i have data in > cell F13 that needs to be in sheet2 cell A5. is there a command i can > put in so it would automatically grab in...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Re: dynamic charts using named formulas
I have myself found what is the problem.when I set the offset in referto box I anchored the first data cell.by clicking that cell after typing"=offset(" and also row by clicking the row(my data is rowise). for e.g. I configured =offset(c3,0,0,1,count(3:3:))--- count or countA of course with dollar signs and sheet name by clicking C3 and 3rd row. of course this works. But if delete column c the name refertsto gets messed up so I have to anchor the cell at A1 and then give the offset row and column number viz =offset($A$1,2,2,etc now even if I delete column C it works.(so long as I d...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

Update Query 07-11-07
I have a link to a text file that is updated daily. I run an append query to add any new records on the text file into a table stored in my database. I am attempting to update previously appended records based on a field that may change on a daily basis. The record remains on the report, but one field goes through 4 changes through the records duration on the report. (linked text file) Example Day 1 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 2 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 3 Field 21 = "Submitted" Day 4 Field 21 = "Finalized" I attempted to set up an update query that es...

I have problem in data collection
In Manufacturing we are doing Manually DC to get information about Ok an Rejection work on each and every opertation with in a Routing. During this process i found that DC Activity not attached with my MO, for exemple 1. I can enter any qty in Piece Ok or Rejected fields even if the Mo Qty 100 but for the same MO Data Collection can be done for 1000pcs. 2. In data collection form no information about MO Quantities. 3. As my operations are based on piece work bases and each operation in routing have diffrent rates as well labor, so when I am entring the MO receipt entry again there is no ...