Want to use same Chart against changing data and variable titles?

Excel 2003: I have data for a number of branch offices that is set up in the
same format on a spreadsheet. I want to use the same chart to successively
display each branch's data and change the title to identify the branch.
0
Manning (5)

I have daily data of some of my scrips in rows in a sheet.
when I click a particular scrip name that scrip's chart comes up.
I presume that this is the similar thing you want.
if so send an email I shall send you my sheet as attachment by email and you
can modify to suit you

--
remove dollars from the following address
venkat1926$$$$@$$$$$$yahoo.com

"J Manning" <J Manning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2003: I have data for a number of branch offices that is set up in
the
> same format on a spreadsheet. I want to use the same chart to successively
> display each branch's data and change the title to identify the branch.

See
Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html

If your data are on the same worksheet, example 4 should apply.

If your data are on different worksheets, use the INDIRECT function to
change the sheet name.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <C947CACB-B9EB-4F42-A2F5-64B71F85643B@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
8?B?SiBNYW5uaW5n?= <J Manning@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> Excel 2003: I have data for a number of branch offices that is set up in the
> same format on a spreadsheet. I want to use the same chart to successively
> display each branch's data and change the title to identify the branch.

Voting Chart
I have copied the voting information from Outlook and I want to graph the responses in Excel. I know it can be done with a pivot chart, but that is beyond my users abilities. The data looks like this A B Bob Yes John No Bill Yes Moe Maybe Is there a quick and easy way to graph this in a pie? Thanks! You need to coun the number of "no", "yes", and "maybe" Like this in D1, =countif(B:B="Yes") and so on in D2 for "No" and in D3 for "Maybe" Then in C1 type "Yes", C2 type "No", and C3 type "Maybe"...

a dll use a class in another lib project directly
Hi, I recently got a product with mutliple libs, dlls in VC++ 6.0. One thing puzzles me is that one of the dlls "directly" uses the classes in another lib project. Ususally we should put modifier _declspec( dllimport ) and _declspec( dllexport ) in the class declaration before the class can be used by another dll, right? But in these shared classes, the modifier is just absent. Do you have any clue? Any hint is much appreciated. JD ...

want questions

How to use CButton::SetBitmap()
Thank you for trying to help. Simon Jeffries told me that in order to get a bitmap on a CButton I had to set the OwnerDraw flag and override the DrawItem function to do the drawing, or have a CBitmapButton variable and use the LoadBitmaps function to set the bitmaps for pressed/depressed etc. Wow that seems like a lot of work and I don't think that even involves CButton::SetBitmap(). Can anyone send me a working code chunk that illustrates how to use CButton::SetBitmap() ? Thanks to Simon Jeffries for the help so far. Thanks. Ivan Have you looked at tons of samples at www.codeguru...

Problems changing x-axis with large data sets
I have relatively large data sets (for example 8 sets of 1500 x/y-values) that I want to plot in one chart. So far all is fine. But if I want to change the x-axis scale (to show the curves better, for example from 0-100 to 20-40), everything becomes very slow. Just to mark one curve or try to move the chart within the sheet can take one minute! If I do the same i Excel 2003, there is no delay or problem. Is there a simple solution, or do I have to stick with old Excel? Excel 2007 is a notoriously poor charting performer, particularly if you customize the scale of an axis. Excel 2007 SP...

I want more!

Q: Automate the Fourier Analysis
I am looking for a way to automate the Fourier Analysis in the Data Analysis Tool. I want my sheets and graphs to update when I change values on the sheet. TIA, Larry ...

using LDIFDE to export/import proxyaddresses
Hello, Here is my question. We are installing a software that might affect users' proxyaddresses. To be on the safe side, I did an ldifde export of all the users' proxyaddresses so we can import them if needed. The problem we are having is that eventhough when using logparser to modify a csv and convert it to an ldf file to format the file, we run into the issue that proxyadddreses is a multivalued attribute. Does anyone have a way to do this. Are you trying to add proxyAddresses, or simply export them? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Using MFC ActiveX control in ASP
I'm using VS.Net 2003 to create a very simple ActiveX control in MFC. The control has no ui and just a few properties and methods. What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? Currently any time I try to set a property on my control {after calling 'Set obj = Server.CreateObject(...)'} I get this error: Error Type: (0x8000FFFF) Catastrophic failure I can successfully use my control from a C# Winforms app. What am I missing? -Brett- > What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? It needs a standard COM and/or an IDispatch interface. Does i...

How to export the search result when using Advanced find in Outloo
I am using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 and want to count the total email size used at different timeline e.g. current month, last month, or a period of dates specified etc. but seems Outlook does not provide a ready-made view for such sort. I therefore use the Advanced find to specific the criteria, search result displayed but it does not give me what I want i.e. total size, unless it could export out to a table. Can someone tell me how to export out the search results? Maybe this works for you: In the advanced search click File/Save as search Folder. Then in that search...

matching & combining data from seperate worksheets
Hi, I am working on a data import and need to get the opportunity name from one data source into the appropriate row to matching shipments from another data source, I have two matching fields in each database. customer id and part number.. I need to search 2 columns of data by row on two seperate worksheets and return a seperate column if they match. Ex: Worksheet A: Shipment Data, Column C (customer id) & column F (Item Id) Worksheet B: Opportunity Data, Column A (customer id) & column B (Part Number) on worksheet A Column E, I need a formula that will search ...

how do I populate a cell with data from another worksheet,
I have two worksheets, both with similar data. Say columns are Acc No, Acc Name and VAT number. Unfortunately the VAT number does not correspond on each worksheet. How can I populate 1 worksheet with the VAT number so that the data is collected on one worksheet? I have tried VLookup, but I'm not really converant with it so would appreciate any help. Many thanks Denise ...

Search Using Address Bar Does Not Work
Hi, I'm using IE8 and running Windows XP, SP3. I used to be able to type a word or phrase into the address bar and it would go to a google search and give suggestions. Now when I type something in it just says, "Internet Explorer cannot display page." Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix? Thanks! Why would you search from the Address Bar instead of from the Search Box? "Angel Fire" <AngelFire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA8D68E5-B72E-4191-ABCB-F1341078EF14@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using I...

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Text want wrap in text box

Using Outlook 2003 to check netscape mail.
I want to use MS Outlook 2003 to check my netscape mail. I setup the account in MS Outlook for to check netscape mail and it says that it can't log onto the server. Is there anyone who can give me any information on how to fix this? jakebraucht@yahoo.com Won't work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jake asked: | I want to use MS Outlook 2003 ...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

Smooth lines for 3-D pie charts?
I know this question was posed a long time ago, but I am hoping that a solution to the problem has been found. I am working in Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher, and cannot get smooth lines on my pie charts. Running Office 2003 on WinXP. I have tried all variation of Copy/Paste and Insert Chart Object, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Using Machine Name in DOS Batch
Hello, I am running a script against a list of SQL Servers using a DOS Batch file. The .bat generates one output file per SQL Server instance. I can use the destination SQL Server names in the output file names, but I can not use the destination machine names. It brings the lcal machine name and use it on all the out put files. Could you tell me how I can achieve that? set dt=none set tm=none for /F "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%i in ('date /t') do set dt=%%i%%j%%k for /F "tokens=5-6 delims=:. " %%i in ('echo.^| time ^| find "current"...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Net Use Question
I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive. Primary computer is set up with Login: phil Password:123 IP 192.168.60.155 Shared Name: e Drive I want: E: I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other computer. This is what I used. net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes It tells me the password is bad. If I just use: net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works. How do you get it to take the password? Thanks! ...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...