Want to see ALL labels in small window

Hi all,

I've literally been searching through these posts for days and can't see to
find a direct answer to my question...so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a simple column chart that is displayed on a worksheet with the
related data directly above it.  It contains about 8 months worth of info.
Across the bottom, I want to see ALL of the labels (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.), but
because the Excel spreadsheet can only fit so much, it always chops off
certain labels.  I know how to adjust tick marks, I know that I can resize
the chart, and I know I can change the label alignment.  Yet none of these
are an option due to 'management requests'.  But even the diagonal alignment
never really looks 'clean' anyway

Does anyone know of a "clean" and simple way to display all labels of a
column chart across the bottom, without resizing the whole thing or changing
the options mentioned above?

Thanks all for your help.

AccessJoe
0
AccessJoe (17)

First, by "adjust tick marks" I assume you don't mean the command Format,
Selected Axis, Scale, Number of Categories between tick-mark labels?  If you
don't mean that, then do that command and set the value to 1.

Second if you mean that the labels are very long, like New York City, New
York and these are too long to display then you can force them to wrap.  In
the spreadsheet you select the cell with the text that is too long and place
your cursor with in it, for example between "New York City" and ", New York"
and press Alt Enter.

You will also need to rotate the font to the vertical on the chart axis.
And possibly reduce the font size.  You can force word wrap more than once in
a cell.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Access Joe" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've literally been searching through these posts for days and can't see to
> find a direct answer to my question...so I'm hoping someone can help.
>
> I have a simple column chart that is displayed on a worksheet with the
> related data directly above it.  It contains about 8 months worth of info.
> Across the bottom, I want to see ALL of the labels (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.), but
> because the Excel spreadsheet can only fit so much, it always chops off
> certain labels.  I know how to adjust tick marks, I know that I can resize
> the chart, and I know I can change the label alignment.  Yet none of these
> are an option due to 'management requests'.  But even the diagonal alignment
> never really looks 'clean' anyway
>
> Does anyone know of a "clean" and simple way to display all labels of a
> column chart across the bottom, without resizing the whole thing or changing
> the options mentioned above?
>
> Thanks all for your help.
>
> AccessJoe

Waterfall/Stacked Column Chart Labels
I currently have a waterfall/stacked column chart for a series of global data. The only part I cannot figure out is how to get the labeling correct. Example, the "red" bar is an increase in spend and the "green" bar is a decrease in spend, I would like to have labels as such, Red bar labels on top outiside of the graph bar and green bar labels at the bottom outside of the graph so you can see the progression across the chart. Is this possible without manully pulling the labels individually? Thanks... ...

I don't want mail recipients to get my categories and flags
This goes back to Outlook2000 and I still see it in Outlook 2003 Production. When I receive a mail item, let's say my rules assign a category to it. Then I reply to it. If the recipient has Outlook, they see the categories that I've assigned to that mail. If I set a flag to remind myself to follow-up on that mail, the recipient also gets my reminder and a flag. I understand these can be considered features and there is a post here just today from someone saying they use flags extensively, but I don't want people to see the categories I assign to mail, especially if my rules mi...

Is there something special about programming for Windows 2003 Server?
Hello, I've been testing the latest release of my products and the normal platforms will be Windows 2000 and above. We've found several iregularities that seem to occur just on Windows 2003 Server. For instance, we have some code that dynamically adds and removes menu items when CMainFrame::OnInitMenu is called. This code has worked since implementation around the Windows NT era and I've double checked that the code conforms to current MSDN examples on changing the menu. Under Windows 2003 Server the application loads and runs fine until menus are used. The mouse- over highlig...

DPM2010
I have 10 clients in a protection group, and after the first sync very little gets pushed daily, about 10MB-50MB on each sync on average. I have 1 client that is pushing over 1Gb on each sync with a total of only 10GBs pushed on the first sync. I'd like to be able to tell somehow why so much is getting pushed on each sync as these laptops sometime are on VPN connections and there is no way that much data could get transferred each day. What would be the best way to go about figuring this out. hi Kelly DPM Agent transfers only the files that have got changed(changed bl...

Windows Live Mail does not shutdown properly
After checking and reading my mail I shut down WLM. The next time I try to start WLM I have to go into Task Manger and end the WLM process. Once this is done WLM starts with no problem I had the same problem with Windows Vista mail before I c hanged to WLM.. Can anyone tell me what is causing this to happen? Thanks Not definitively without further information but something is hanging when you try to shut down WLM. Simplest way to correct should be to un-install WLM then re-install using the web installer at http://download.live.com. All your mail will be preserved but you...

Windows installer and clip organizer
I just installed microsoft office 2007 standard and whenever I open clip organizer, then windows installer also opens. I am not able to cancel windows installer and i am not able to do anything with clip organizer. I have tryed reinstalling it but nothing i have done has worked. Any suggestions? thanks. The Organizer has its own detect and repair. Are you allowing the Organizer to connect to the Office site? What are your firewall settings? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dabears" <dabears@discussio...

Hiding labels on reports
How do you hide the labels on a report when the text box next to it is null? And does anyone have the code to make the alternating background color for each record result in details? BazEWR wrote: >How do you hide the labels on a report when the text box next to it is null? >And does anyone have the code to make the alternating background color for >each record result in details? If the label is not attached to another cotrol, hide the label: Me.thelabel.Visible = Not IsNull(Me.thetextbox) If the label is attached to a text box and you want the text box and its section to sh...

Windows live Messenger has downloaded updates, but won't let me in
I've chosen to do the update... Then I get to the Screen that shows me the list of Windows Live programs. All of them have the Checkmark showing that i have them.... There is no means of saying 'Update' on this form... The only option is 'close'. How the heck do I get in to Messenger if I don't need any updates and I can't log in without updating??!? Remove anything related to Live messenger entirely, then reboot, then reinstall, then reboot again, then it will work....... (may have been another 2-3 reboots in between there) "Win-doh&#...

Windows XP shutdown
I was wondering why everytime I shut my version of windowsXP down it claims there are multiple outlook.exe's running. Even though Outlook is not running. Last time I counted nine times I had to hit "End Process Now" for outlook.exe Annoying at the least. Tanks in advance =====/ \ /___________\ /_________________\ (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) David ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

I want to show only the first three columns
I want to see only the first three columns and nothing else, no other columns. Hi, Select all the other columns, right click on the mouse, Hide "Padre310" wrote: > I want to see only the first three columns and nothing else, no other columns. In Excel 2007, Hide Columns comes under "Hide & Unhide", from the Format button in the Cells group on the Home tab. In earlier versions, use the Format menu. -- David Biddulph "Padre310" <Padre310@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3BC4333-5944-4124-8AEC-39D403F3EB4B@microsof...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

M2005 Small Business
Can anyone else get this to work? I go through the steps of creating an invoice template and save it. But every time I return, my template is not in the list. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/#Business (2nd item) for some instructions on making it work. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a...

Windows Mail Message rules
I have a small problem - mainly because I only have three News message rules :) The Apply Now function appears to be broken - and until I can get it working again, I can't really check to see whether the rules themselves work properly. WinMail in a fully updated Vista (with fully updated Office 2007 in the mix as well, just in case it makes a difference) Whichever rule I pick, and whichever account or newsgroup I try and apply it to, Apply now starts to work - and then I get a "One or more of your rules could not be applied" message - The rules used to work fine,...

Windows XP reverts from the classic windows display mode.
I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue style. I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button selection option but it refuses to go back! Please help, Frank In article <O6255dyjKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, fm@general.com.au says... > > I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has > changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue > style. > > I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button > selection option but it refuses to go...

help creating dialogue windows
Hi! I just started to learn programming in Excel and I really excited abou it. I have this project that I want to do. At the moment at my company we have a minor technical test we do wit new recruits, most of the times this test is done by phone. The sheet where the answeres are entered is a spreadsheet. I.e there a question in cell A4 and the answer is to be typed in B4. This takes some time, navigating the spreadsheet manually and this ca lead to mistakes. What I want to do is create a dialouge (is it called that?) box fo every question. what I mean is a window that pop ups, with th questi...

Install Windows
I have a 160 GB hard disk and want to upgrade to 500 GB. I have Win XP SP 3 and Win 7 Ultimate n installed in the 160 GB disk. Is it possible to somehow clone or copy the OSEs to the new disk without using the media. I have damaged the Win 7 DVD. Any help would be highly appreciated. farid said this on 3/14/2010 4:03 AM: > I have a 160 GB hard disk and want to upgrade to 500 GB. I have Win XP SP 3 > and Win 7 Ultimate n installed in the 160 GB disk. Is it possible to somehow > clone or copy the OSEs to the new disk without using the media. I have > damaged the Win...

Can office small business 2003 be upgraded to professional 2007
I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business version? John in MN wrote: >I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can >I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have >all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business >version? > > Yes you can upgrade to Office 2007 Professional and the good news is...

resizable dialog window
Hello! I would like to create resizable dialog window, but i can't set needed parameters in layout designer. I added WM_SIZE in code, but user is not allowed to resize window. How can i change it? Greetings. "Retrospection" <retro@spection.po> wrote in message news:dsq2j1$l4s$2@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... > > I would like to create resizable dialog window, but i can't set needed > parameters in layout designer. I added WM_SIZE in code, but user is not > allowed to resize window. How can i change it? Bit of a black art, particularly if you want to do it wit...

Opening Excel file from Windows Explorer
When I try to open Excel from explorer Excel opens but the file does load. This is perculiar to Excel as all others work fine. I have tried the usual suspects like file associations with no results. Any ideas? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regar...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

Displaying a TOTAL (using a data label) on a Stacked Bar Graph
Please forgive me if this problem has already been solved. I need to display a data label at the end of a stacked bar that represents the Total of the individual components of the stacked bar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob - You could add one more series, call it Totals or anything, but plot all zeroes. Put the totals into another range in the sheet. Then use Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com) to apply the total values in the worksheet range to the Totals series. The series won't show...

OneNote printer driver for Windows 7 64bit
Doesn't Microsoft have a driver to install? Dougj wrote: > Doesn't Microsoft have a driver to install? NO! The ON-printer functionality is not available under any 64-bit OS. For the reasons pls see: "OneNote 64 bit print driver" http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx There are several workarounds and - finally - a "solution" by the same author: "David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution" http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-...

red line in the middle of media player window
Every video i have tried to watch on my windows media player has had a red line down the middle from top to bottom. does anyone know how to get rid of it or what is going on? ...

windows live e-mail problem
Just recently, I can't drag my e-mails from my inbox to my folders. How do I fix this problem?? I'm using Winsows 7 I'm having similar issues. I can't drag. I can't delete. When I try, I get the same error message "an unknown error has occurred". And I only have this problem with my MSN email accounts. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? "nittenkitten" wrote: > Just recently, I can't drag my e-mails from my inbox to my folders. How do I > fix this problem?? I'm using Winsows 7 On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:34:...