want to make a bubble graph with 20 bubbles and gradient coloring.

I want to make a graph with multiple bubbles- different descriptions in each
one. the values are not important- the data is subjective, I want to move the
bubbles around at will. also I want to put gradient color in the background
green to yellow to red
0
dstout (4)

I'll help you with the color gradient piece but I only know how to do it with
two colors.

Select the data series and right click and you'll see Format Data Series.
Select that.
Near the bottom in the center you'll see Fill Effects.  Select that.
Select Two Colors and the choose the two colors you want.
Select OK a couple of times.

"dstout" wrote:

> I want to make a graph with multiple bubbles- different descriptions in each
> one. the values are not important- the data is subjective, I want to move the
> bubbles around at will. also I want to put gradient color in the background
> green to yellow to red
0
BarbR (262)

want questions

Average Line in Bar Graph?
Is there a way to create a line in the bar graph that shows the average of all the results? Hi Michael, Take a look at either of these examples, (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine) (http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm) Michael wrote: > Is there a way to create a line in the bar graph that shows the average of all the results? -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

I want more!

How to make a hollow line?
Is there some way to make a line shape hollow? That is, make it have a border (like a rectangle shape) with a center that I can change with the fill property? I want to build various structures that connect at odd angles. Lines are perfect because thay can be attached to anything at any angle, but I don't want a solid black line and I don't want a lighter color without a border. I tried using a shape (rectangle or oval) but using the rotate tool to get odd angles is not as convenient as connecting lines. Thanks -- Using Visio Standard 2002 on Win 2000 Draw your rectangle then r...

Ungrouping Excel Graphs
I often copy and and paste graphs from Excel into PPT, then ungroup it to be able to micromanipulate and change all elements, and make all the various final touches for presentation.. Is this possible to do in PPT2010? If not it would be a good feature to add back. Dantecat 2010 works the same way as 2007. Cut the chart, paste special as EMF. Ungroup the EMF twice. That will get you to a lot of parts and pieces, but it won't get you completely there, because not everything will completely ungroup. This process was worked fine in 2003, but it was utterly hosed in PPT ...

Scatter graph, how do I show overlapping points?
I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, KieranMoran <KieranMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show >them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. a) "Jittering", which is the name for putting a small random variation in the data to break up the exact values. Obviously you want it to be as small as possible while still exposing t...

need to make 3 fields into 1 field
I have an mail list that has been created with 3 address fields. These fields need to be consolidated into 1 field. Can this be done. Thanks try =a1 & " " & b1 etc -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Georgia" <Georgia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967B03F1-717D-47BB-80D6-3A289DCAC1A8@microsoft.com... > I have an mail list that has been created with 3 address fields. These > fields need to be consolidated into 1 field. Can this be done. > > Thanks > Georgia Most programs that use Adresses like them ...

Makeing People Save As
I have an excel spreadsheet on a shared drive at work. When people in the office open the file, is there a way to make them "save as" and not to be able to type on the original file? Thanks for any help in advance!!! Eric "=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CCD79852-03E2-4980-B533-6EAFC253A009@microsoft.com: > I have an excel spreadsheet on a shared drive at work. When people in > the office open the file, is there a way to make them "save as" and > not to be able to type on the original file? > > Th...

EXCEL #20
Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the active cell in a workbook? I'm Not quite sure what you are asking. Do you want the color of a cell to change automatically depending on whether or not a certain condition is met (conditional format) or do you just simple want to select a cell and change the background color to something other than white? Look at the buttons across the top of the Excel Window on the toolbar. There should be a button that has a small paint can icon on it with a yellow stripe underneath it. Click there and choose the color you want to change to. The but...

graph, data lables value, dont show zero values
Re: graph, data lables value, dont show zero values I suppose there's a question somewhere. It sounds like you need to apply a custom number format. Whatever the format is now (for example, General or 0.00), use it as the first piece of the number format, then leave the other out. So the format will look something like General;;; 0.00;;; More on number formats: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Madeleine" <...

Text want wrap in text box

How Can I make a cell flash in Excel
I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be helpful to make them flash, as oposed to just standard formatting Hi flashing would require VBA (using for example the OnTime method). But I strongky recommend against it: - slows down Excel - has IMHO nothing to do with serious spreadsheets - requires VBA and won't work if macros are disabled If you still want to go on with this search the Google archives for 'blinking cell' "Cumbo" wrote: > I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be > helpful to make them ...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Office XP- OUTLOOK: Format toolbar is inactive. Cannot select font, color, underline, italic, etc. This occurs in new message, forward message amd reply message. Tools, Options, Customize, selections
This is the message body. Here you post you issue NOT in th subject line! Anyway; make sure you are composing a HTML or Rich Text formatted mail. You can change this under the Format menu in a new message -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when ma...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

I can't see formatting on my screen for font colors or highlighti.
Why can't I see formatting on my screen for font colors and filling cells with color? Try this OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displaye�d http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320531 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kam347" <kam347@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:492EDFB8-6199-49E5-9996-F9DE60CE9243@microsoft.com... > Why can't I see formatting on my screen for font colors and filling cells > with color? ...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

No fill colors on screen, but prints ok
Publisher 2002 on system with XP and 512K ram, when creating a brochure the various shapes, etc with color fill do not show up on screen, only the outline of the art or shape, but prints out color ok as the produced document. Very puzzling when you consider it started out showing everything as expected on screen but in some mysterious fashion it began doing this bizarre behavior. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled suspecting some sort of corruption. No change. Loaded it on a different computer and all is well. Troublesome computer is a Sony Vaio laptop, with a large amou...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

making '>'s show up in replies?
I am using outlook 2003 and want to have �>' in my replies. The problem is I can't figure out how to set it up to use those. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -Gaiko On 27 Jul 2004 10:59:48 -0700, gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com (Gaikokujin Kyofushso) wrote: >I am using outlook 2003 and want to have �>' in my replies. The >problem is I can't figure out how to set it up to use those. Any help >would be greatly appreciated! > Click on your Tools menu item, then Options... On that screen's Preferences tab, click on Email Options. The option that you&...

Nulls making a mess!
Ive posted two questions and i cant find them now so heres goes the 3rd: I have a query and want the blank fields to reflect as zeros. I do this by: BookedMOM: nz([qryStatsBookingsBreakdown_Crosstab].[MOM],0) My problem is with this field: TurnoutRate: nz([Total Of CountOfnumAttended]/[Total Of CountOfnumTrainingSessionID],0) Its a percentage field so it changes it to a numer from 75% to 0.75 How do i get it back to PErcentage? When i check the properties it still says Percent? Try this -- TurnoutRate: Format(nz([Total Of CountOfnumAttended]/[Total Of CountOfnumT...

Graphing question #2
Hello, How do I extrapolate a graph which do not have a formula for the graph? At the end of the graph, I found that I don't have enough data and would want to have a longer graph? -- wenlianglo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wenlianglo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=161 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=71554 Hi, You might also consider 1. Adding a Trendline to the chart and then choosing the trendline and telling it to show forward some number of periods. Alternat...