Want to display value and difference on one chart

I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart.  I
want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10
in a different color.
0
JMH (4)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart.  I
>want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10
>in a different color.

Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to
graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

displaying the month
This is what I have in a cell: =month(now()) That gives me the numerical value of the month. Is there a way to hav the cell display the month as the actual month and not the numerica value? Thank you in advance for any help you can give -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try =TEXT(NOW(),"MMM") >-----Original Message----- >This is what I have in a cell: > >=month(now()) > >That gives me the numerical value of the month. Is there a way to have >the cell display the month as the actual month and not the numerical >value? > >...

Voting Chart
I have copied the voting information from Outlook and I want to graph the responses in Excel. I know it can be done with a pivot chart, but that is beyond my users abilities. The data looks like this A B Bob Yes John No Bill Yes Moe Maybe Is there a quick and easy way to graph this in a pie? Thanks! You need to coun the number of "no", "yes", and "maybe" Like this in D1, =countif(B:B="Yes") and so on in D2 for "No" and in D3 for "Maybe" Then in C1 type "Yes", C2 type "No", and C3 type "Maybe"...

want questions

increment a cell value, and fix the value
I want to be able to have a "cell" value that can be incremented by say a doller value in another cell, but then have the "cell" value fixed. This is becuase if I then want to change the new "cell" value by different dollar amount, I want to be able to use an incremental dolla amount, and not a total dollar amount. Example: "cell" = $10 Input $2 into dollar cell, therfore "cell" changes to $12. If I then want to add an increase of $4 to make "cell" = $16, I want t be able to input $4 into the dollar cell instead of $6 -- Message p...

Changing the order of a chart legend
I have a stacked column chart and would like to reverse the order of the items in th legend table (my aim is to place the legend on the right hand side of the chart so that the key lines up along side the appropriate point in the stack). ...

Validation for Numeric values
I want to add validation to a cell as follows: Cell is formatted as Accounting, 2 decimal places Cell can have either whole nunmbers, or decimal entered into it However, some staff are also entering text So, what I want to do is, add validation to the cell that will accept a numeric value, with or without decimals, and prohibit the entry of anything else. Can it be done? TIA Duncs Select the cell; Use Data | Data Validation; specify Allow Decimal Optionally, open the other two tabs on the Data Validation dialog to add messages for the fools who type text. Typing text will now cause the P...

workbook links, remove a bad one
I have a workbook with a link to a workbook that no longer exists. I can't figue out how to remove move it. There is nothing listed in any of my books or the help file. Has anyone seen a procedure, anywhere. I'd love to get rid of the message window when the file opens up. Dave You could have a link in a named range. Check Insert>Name>Define on each sheet. Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site. http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm With this add-in you can find and delete links. On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:35:58 -0700, "Dave Welsh"...

I want more!

Combing Cell Values
Hello, Need some help with combing cell values. I know that =value(a1&b1) example. Cell A1 = 1 Cell B1= 3 Output =13 But if A1 has a text value such as ABC, I get an error on output. With text and numeric, how do you combine? Thanks JR try leaving out value -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "JR" <gaspower@nothing.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:mqWJb.5923$KV4.1988@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com... > Hello, > > Need some help with combing cell values. I know that =value(a1&b1) example. > > Cell A1 = 1 > Cell B1= 3 > > Ou...

Min Value Function
I have a function which returns the minimum value CREATE FUNCTION Getname2 (@Int1 FLOAT(8), @package1 VARCHAR(50), @Int2 FLOAT(8), @package2 VARCHAR(50), @Int3 FLOAT(8), @package3 VARCHAR(50) ) RETURNS VARCHAR(50) BEGIN DECLARE @AllValues TABLE( INPUT FLOAT(8), package VARCHAR(50) ) INSERT INTO @AllValues VALUES (@Int1, @pa...

Text want wrap in text box

graph, data lables value, dont show zero values
Re: graph, data lables value, dont show zero values I suppose there's a question somewhere. It sounds like you need to apply a custom number format. Whatever the format is now (for example, General or 0.00), use it as the first piece of the number format, then leave the other out. So the format will look something like General;;; 0.00;;; More on number formats: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Madeleine" <...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Display Issues
Having an issue with Access 2007 not displaying a row. We created a database for our companies timesheets. Columns added up hour spent on various projects each day, with a row of Total Hours at the bottom. Everything displays correctly, except the Total Hours. If Access is minimized, then maximized or if another program is displayed over the top then minimized the Total Hours row displays. This is only happening on our Windows 7 64bit computers. Vista 64bit and 32bit, and XP computers run the program with no issues. Any thoughts on what may be causing this issue? Did you...

Combining Multiple-Color Data Series into One Bar Chart
I am trying to create a bar chart that incorporates three sets of data. The problem: (1) All of the data needs to be ranked (in total) and (2) each of the data series must be represented by a different color in the bar chart. How do I accomplish this in Excel 2007? ...

My links become #value! when I insert a row
My links in my worksheet become #value! when I insert a row/column. Help! If I understand your problem correctly:- The #VALUE! appears on cells when it's content is too wide for th column width. Try increasing the size of the column so that the actua value can fit. Double Click the line to the right of the column lette at the top of the worksheet (the left border of what looks like th button for each column label) and it will automatically resize th column. If not just resize it to whatever size you want -- jaydevi -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

error bars don't display consistently in excel
Hi, I am plotting lots of similar graphs in Excel. To make a new graph, I just copy and paste the previous one and then change the source data to the new data series that I want to plot. But when I change the source data for the error bars (I am using custom data to say what size the error bars should be), their display sometimes changes, so that the error bars are just vertical lines without a horizontal cap on the end. Why do they change sometimes but not always, and how do I set the default error bar format? I know how to change them back to the display I want, it's just annoying...

How do I find a value in an array (VLOOKUP? HLOOKUP?)
I have a height, weight and body fat table. The columns are height, the rows are weight, and the info between is body fat. I would like to on a separate worksheet, enter the height and the weight and have Excel find the bodyfat from my table and enter it on this sheet so I can print it. I think I need a VLOOKUP or a HLOOKUP, but I can't seem to be able to get either to look at both height and weight and return the body fat. B4 is the height, C4 the weight =HLOOKUP(B4,Women!B1:AO1,1) tells me the height. =VLOOKUP(C4,Women!A2:A71,1) tells me the weight, but I already know these. The ...

header/footer different first page
I'm trying to have a header show up on the first page only, and the footer show page numbers on all pages. However, the "different first page" option seems to link the header and footer so that they cannot be dealt with separately. Is there any way to do this? When you enable "Different first page" you are instructing Word to create a first page header AND a first page footer; this is by design. Just copy the contents of the main footer into the first page footer. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsof...

I get a #VALUE! msg.
Hello, I'm adding two columns, first- A7:A125 with the formula in A126 second- E7:E125 with the formula in E126 Then I divided the results for a percentage in a cell at the top E3. First question: Can I do this: =SUM(E7:E125)/(A7:A125) I mean obviously I can't because I get this error/if I can it will save me a bit of work... am I missing something? Second question: cell A126 has a total that I want to use in every calc as I copy it from E3 to F4 etc.... Regards, Kevin try =SUM(E7:E125)/sum(A7:A125) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kevin&qu...

Displaying email from mail server
I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro. I am not able to display my email from my email server. I get the error message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error 0x0040600." I have checked my set up to access the mail server and everything appears to be okay. I can get my email from the website so it is on the server. Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having a problem on their end? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert ...

Get values from another sheet (was: Load certain values with opening a file)
In another post I asked for a way to get standard values in a spreadsheet everytime the sheet is opened. I got a good answer, but i want to do more: This is the trick that does it for now: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:18:01 -0800, Gary''s Student ><GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Paste something like this in workbook code: > >Private Sub Workbook_Open() >Sheets("starron").Activate >Cells(1, 1) = 42 >Cells(2, 1) = 4 >Cells(3, 1) = 54 >Cells(4, 1) = ...