Want to alphabetize address labels using something other than Mer

Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a
simple quick way to do it.  Any suggestions?
0
WindyHill (5)

Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you just select all of the
columns then use Data/Sort... and choose the column that you want to use
to sort by? I have a column in my address list for Last Name and that is
what I use to alphabetize the list.

Merry Christmas

"WindyHill" <WindyHill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
> alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find
> simple quick way to do it.  Any suggestions?

0
no9981 (5)
12/25/2005 2:06:28 AM

"WindyHill" wrote:

> Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
> alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a
> simple quick way to do it.  Any suggestions?
0
WindyHill (5)
12/26/2005 5:19:03 AM

"WindyHill" wrote:

> Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
> alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a
> simple quick way to do it.  Any suggestions?
0
WindyHill (5)
12/26/2005 5:38:01 AM
Do you really think that would work?  Are you  able to sort using the last
name?  My file consists of mail addresses, i.e., Mr & Mrs so and so.  Can it
be set up so that the last name is used to sort alphbetically?

> "WindyHill" wrote:
>
> > Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
> > alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a
> > simple quick way to do it.  Any suggestions?
0
WindyHill (5)
12/26/2005 5:41:01 AM

"WindyHill" wrote:

> "WindyHill" wrote:
>
> > Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
> > alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a
> > simple quick way to do it.  Any suggestions?
0
WindyHill (5)

Using Access to obtain E-mail address
I am working on an Access 2003 database to manage Engineering Change Notices. A form is filled out and upon completion a folder is created and a .SNP file is placed in the folder. When that is complete I am using a button to run an Outlook event that sends an e-mail to the ECN Coordinator. The ECN Coordinator's e-mail address never changes so it is coded. What I need is the Originator's e-mail address to send them a copy. In my database the Originator's address is entered in the ORIGINATOR_EMAIL field. The section that generates the .SNP file sets the varible st...

Columns or labels in Word
I will do my best to spell out the issue I'm having. I have an excel sheet with 5 columns of data. I am creating "tickets" about 1" x 2.5" with this data. Each ticket uses one record of data from the excel sheet. I want the ticket formatted in such a way where the first 3 columns of data stack on top of the last two. I am able to use the "label" utility to do this. My first question is. Does anyone know any tricks to do this so that I don't have to use labels? I tried in excel to use cell references, but when I fill down, I can't ...

Using modified color in excel
Hello, I have modified several colors in a worksheet, what can I do to verify the user sees the same color as I intended (I understand the differences in monitors, software, etc - but would like a similar color to show. Thank You -- Karmen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30972 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513774 Hi Karmen, If you have modified the colour palette, then that palette will be saved with your workbook. Other us...

Conditionally format a cell using a list of data defined in a rang
Is it possible to conditionally format a cell using data defined in a range on a seperat tab? The data sheet information being pulled from the range, and i would like the cells to change colors when certain data appears. The names in the list that I would like to turn the different color totals around 30 names Example: Cell A1 is "Larry" Cell A2 is "Bill" Cell A3 is "Fred" - Any cell that contains Fred, Bob, or Frank turns yellow Cell A4 is "Bob" Cell A5 is "Frank" Thank you What version of Excel are you using? -- Bif...

Multiple e-mail addresses #3
When a Contact has multiple e-mail addresses, how do I set one of them as a default? Now, emails are going to ALL of their addresses. Thanks-Rose ...

How do I arrange entries in a column alphabetically
I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? Select the column, go to Data > Sort, and sort ascending. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to >list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? >. > ...

How to use CButton::SetBitmap()
Thank you for trying to help. Simon Jeffries told me that in order to get a bitmap on a CButton I had to set the OwnerDraw flag and override the DrawItem function to do the drawing, or have a CBitmapButton variable and use the LoadBitmaps function to set the bitmaps for pressed/depressed etc. Wow that seems like a lot of work and I don't think that even involves CButton::SetBitmap(). Can anyone send me a working code chunk that illustrates how to use CButton::SetBitmap() ? Thanks to Simon Jeffries for the help so far. Thanks. Ivan Have you looked at tons of samples at www.codeguru...

a dll use a class in another lib project directly
Hi, I recently got a product with mutliple libs, dlls in VC++ 6.0. One thing puzzles me is that one of the dlls "directly" uses the classes in another lib project. Ususally we should put modifier _declspec( dllimport ) and _declspec( dllexport ) in the class declaration before the class can be used by another dll, right? But in these shared classes, the modifier is just absent. Do you have any clue? Any hint is much appreciated. JD ...

want questions

Outlook Web Access Address List
I am unable to look up a user's address in the Address Book in Outlook Web Access. This user is listed in the GAL and can be seen from regular Outlook, just not Web Access. Any hints to where to look? Thanks! Are all of your users in the default GAL? if not you may want to look in ADSI Edit. Changes for Web users to use company global address list. In ADSIEdit set the "msExchQuesryBaseDN" to the "Distinguished Name" of the OU containing the user. This can be found in ADSIEdit under: Domain[FQDN of Domain Controller]\DC=domain,DC=com\OU=Hosted Customers\OU=&qu...

I want more!

Using MFC ActiveX control in ASP
I'm using VS.Net 2003 to create a very simple ActiveX control in MFC. The control has no ui and just a few properties and methods. What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? Currently any time I try to set a property on my control {after calling 'Set obj = Server.CreateObject(...)'} I get this error: Error Type: (0x8000FFFF) Catastrophic failure I can successfully use my control from a C# Winforms app. What am I missing? -Brett- > What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? It needs a standard COM and/or an IDispatch interface. Does i...

print single envelope with contacts name and address
how do i print one envelope with a select contacts name and address from my outlook contacts? also, - how do i back up my contacts in outlook? - how do i import data from my palm address book into outlook? - when i go to my email address book, the names are listed in alphabetical order according to FIRST name not last. why? how do i change this? ...

Search Using Address Bar Does Not Work
Hi, I'm using IE8 and running Windows XP, SP3. I used to be able to type a word or phrase into the address bar and it would go to a google search and give suggestions. Now when I type something in it just says, "Internet Explorer cannot display page." Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix? Thanks! Why would you search from the Address Bar instead of from the Search Box? "Angel Fire" <AngelFire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA8D68E5-B72E-4191-ABCB-F1341078EF14@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using I...

Text want wrap in text box

How do I create custom size labels (not Avery)?
I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Older versions of Publisher allowed one to create such labels, but I can't find a way in the latest Office version. rlawr <rlawr@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no > margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 > labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Old...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...

The from address is blank in NDRs
Hi Using Exchange 2003 SP1. I have set Exchange Server to send NDRs to an Exchange users mailbox. When this user opens the NDR in the Inbox in Outlook 2003 and clicks the Send Again, the From address is blank. They want to notify the sender of the correct address. If the user then moves this NDR to a PST file and opens it there, the From address is displayed. This also happens if the NDR notifications are sent to a special mailbox. If I use OutLook to open this mailbox directly, then the From address is blank in the Send Again. But if I open this NDR Inbox from within my Mailbox, the Fro...

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Net Use Question
I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive. Primary computer is set up with Login: phil Password:123 IP 192.168.60.155 Shared Name: e Drive I want: E: I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other computer. This is what I used. net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes It tells me the password is bad. If I just use: net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works. How do you get it to take the password? Thanks! ...

Sharing Address Books
Hi All, I have 2 profiles for Outlook 2000 on my Computer. I currently am maintaining 2 contact lists (1 for each profile). Both contact lists are identical so it would make sense if I could either syncronise them or preferably - actually access the same contact list. I also need to ensure that I don't loose any addresses that aren't currently in both address books. I therefore need to do the following:- 1) Verify that there are no records that are going to be lost (I can probably do this easiest by exporting the address book to excel). 2) The main thing - share 1 contact list b...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...