Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added

I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I
change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine.  I need them
to be sitting side by side.

thanks
0
Gill1 (96)

Hi,

Here is one example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Andy Pope wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is one example.
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Gill wrote:
>
>> I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet
>> when I change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars
>> combine.  I need them to be sitting side by side.
>>
>> thanks

Thanks Jon, I couldn't see that example for looking :)

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
10/15/2005 10:00:18 AM
Yeah, I need a better way to navigate through all of my examples. Maybe
I could adapt the ribbon-type user interface?

- Jon
-------

Andy Pope wrote:

> Thanks Jon, I couldn't see that example for looking :)
>
> Jon Peltier wrote:
>
>> Actually, this is more likely to be helpful:
>>
>>   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> http://PeltierTech.com/
>> _______
>>
>> Andy Pope wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is one example.
>>> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Andy

Average Line in Bar Graph?
Is there a way to create a line in the bar graph that shows the average of all the results? Hi Michael, Take a look at either of these examples, (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine) (http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm) Michael wrote: > Is there a way to create a line in the bar graph that shows the average of all the results? -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

want questions

CFtpFileFind::FindNextFile() can't get the correct file name. #2
Once I want to get file from HP-UX by FTP. I use MFC CFtpFileFind to find the files under a specified directory in HP-UX, but the return value of CFtpFileFind::GetFileName () is not the correct file name, it includes time (sometimes and date) ahead, such as: 19:30 Mydemofile001.txt 19:35 Mydemofile002.txt but the real file name existed are only Mydemofile001.txt and Mydemofile002.txt. Is there any problem in the low level encapsulated by MFC for FTP list files? Could anyone give me some advice? Thank you. ...

Area under graph
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the area under a graph for a scatter graph or line graph Hi have a look at http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve ..htm >-----Original Message----- >I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the area under a graph for a scatter graph or line graph >. > ...

installing 2004 #2
have installed 2004 no problems but when l try to run programe l get the following }This application connot display end user ageement. And with out ageeing to it l cant run 2004. I've down loaded the Eulafix.exe and made changes as per the http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;25921 help file but no joy any one have a fix would be appeciated. unstatisfied customer In microsoft.public.money, terry wrote: >have installed 2004 no problems but when l try to run programe l get the >following }This application connot display end user ageement. >And with out ageei...

I want more!

Problems changing x-axis with large data sets
I have relatively large data sets (for example 8 sets of 1500 x/y-values) that I want to plot in one chart. So far all is fine. But if I want to change the x-axis scale (to show the curves better, for example from 0-100 to 20-40), everything becomes very slow. Just to mark one curve or try to move the chart within the sheet can take one minute! If I do the same i Excel 2003, there is no delay or problem. Is there a simple solution, or do I have to stick with old Excel? Excel 2007 is a notoriously poor charting performer, particularly if you customize the scale of an axis. Excel 2007 SP...

Ex 2007 beta 2 transport rule question
Hello all Been testing out Exchange 2007 features, and i have run across a wierd transport rules issue. What i did was create a transport rule so that any email that was sent with a specific message clasification could only be sent internally. What is happening instead is any email that is sent outside the Exchagne 2007 org is getting kicked back, and in the NDR it is saying that the email was kicked back back because it was sent with the message clasification that i configured in the transport rule. The way i understand this to work is if i send an email out of the Exchagne 2007 org...

exported excel charts and pdflatex #2
pdfLatex is compatible with jpg and pdf images, and real pdfs loo better than jpgs it seems. I found that the best way was to make a .p file of the chart by printing to a postscript printer, and the converting to pdf. All is done in vba (uses ghostscript) -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 JPG is the wrong format for most charts anyway, being designed for photographic-type images with cont...

Install #2
I just installed GP10 on a users Windows 7 machine. I went through the process, then changed the dynamics.set file to report to the reports.dic file on the server as we are connecting to a remote server. When I open GP it says I must use utilities first. Fine, GP re-opens in utilities. Then it gives me the option to "Update modified forms and reports? which I do, it points to the local reports.dic, which is odd, but ok. when I click process it errors out saying "reports.dic: unable to open. Any ideas??? Thanks, Matt ...

Duplicate Contacts #2
I'm snycing with 2 desktops. Both running same patch release of Outlook 2000. I'm getting some duplicate contacts. It seems that one desktop is making the Full Name in a different format then the other desktop. Or could it be the Smartphone version of Outlook. Here's an example: Contact #1 Full Name: Doe, John (this is also flagged as private - don't recall setting this) Contact #2 Full Name: John Doe (this is not flagged as private) Other than that, the 2 Contacts are exactly the same. Any ideas/help? ...

XML serialization problem #2
Hi all, I'm a .NET beginner and I've got a problem on a program where I try to do an XML serialization. I get the following error : "An unmanaged exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occured in mscorlib.dll Additonal information : the file or asssembly named n9gu4-bo.dll or one of its dependencies cannot be found" Here is the code : (I've uploaded the complete project at this url http://netorld.free.fr/Interface2.zip) public class Form1 : System.Windows.Forms.Form { .... .... public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); try { TextReader reade...

Scatter graph, how do I show overlapping points?
I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, KieranMoran <KieranMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show >them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. a) "Jittering", which is the name for putting a small random variation in the data to break up the exact values. Obviously you want it to be as small as possible while still exposing t...

Sharing problems #2
Hello. I have a problem with a file. Whenever I email a file I create containing macros and a userform, the people I email it to get an erro message telling them that "the macro/object cannot be found" everytim they run the macros. What can I do -- FendeTesta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FendeTestas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2851 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48102 FendeTestas Wrote: > Hello. > > I have a problem with a file. Whenever ...

Ungrouping Excel Graphs
I often copy and and paste graphs from Excel into PPT, then ungroup it to be able to micromanipulate and change all elements, and make all the various final touches for presentation.. Is this possible to do in PPT2010? If not it would be a good feature to add back. Dantecat 2010 works the same way as 2007. Cut the chart, paste special as EMF. Ungroup the EMF twice. That will get you to a lot of parts and pieces, but it won't get you completely there, because not everything will completely ungroup. This process was worked fine in 2003, but it was utterly hosed in PPT ...

Search Using Address Bar Does Not Work
Hi, I'm using IE8 and running Windows XP, SP3. I used to be able to type a word or phrase into the address bar and it would go to a google search and give suggestions. Now when I type something in it just says, "Internet Explorer cannot display page." Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix? Thanks! Why would you search from the Address Bar instead of from the Search Box? "Angel Fire" <AngelFire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA8D68E5-B72E-4191-ABCB-F1341078EF14@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using I...

Text want wrap in text box

graph, data lables value, dont show zero values
Re: graph, data lables value, dont show zero values I suppose there's a question somewhere. It sounds like you need to apply a custom number format. Whatever the format is now (for example, General or 0.00), use it as the first piece of the number format, then leave the other out. So the format will look something like General;;; 0.00;;; More on number formats: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Madeleine" <...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

vlookup help... #2
I have a formula setup to look up a value in another sheet and bring back a value. Here is my formula in cell J2 =VLOOKUP("PADRES",Scores!K:N,2,0) It works perfectly. However, there will be multiple times Padres shows up in the scores worksheet. How do I setup the formula so in cells J3 it skips the first occurance of Padres and finds the next one. Then J4 finds the 3rd occurance and so on. Thanks Put this in J3, press ctrl + shift + enter, and fill down: =INDEX(Scores!$L$1:$L$500,SMALL(IF(Scores! $K$1:$K$500="Padres",ROW(INDIRECT("1:500"))),ROW()-1))...

synchronizing 2 pocket pc's with money 2004
I want to synchronize both my and my wife's pocket pc's (both have 2003 OS). when I get one sync'd and attempt to have the other connected, it tells me it will only allow 1 device synchronization. Any thoughts as to how I could adjust the settings? I don't know any way, and I wouldn't try it if I did know a way. It's a recipe for disaster -- look at the readme. -- Michael Gordon - MVP "kilz" <kilzer@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:075c01c357ea$cd11b780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I want to synchronize both my and my wife's pocket pc...