Voting Chart

I have copied the voting information from Outlook and I
want to graph the responses in Excel. I know it can be
done with a pivot chart, but that is beyond my users
abilities. The data looks like this
A    B
Bob  Yes
John No
Bill Yes
Moe  Maybe

Is there a quick and easy way to graph this in a pie?

Thanks!

0
anonymous (74717)

You need to coun the number of "no", "yes", and "maybe"

Like this in D1,
=countif(B:B="Yes")
and so on in D2 for "No" and in D3 for "Maybe"

Then in C1 type "Yes", C2 type "No", and C3 type "Maybe"

So it will look like this:

A     B     C     D
Bob   Yes   Yes   2
John  No    No    1
Bill  Yes   Maybe 1
Moe   Maybe

Of course, as you add more names and responses, the
calculation will continue to add to the COUNTIF
calculation.

Then you can highlight C1:D3, click on Chart, and create
your pie chart from there.

Brenda

0
anonymous (74717)
11/25/2003 7:48:36 PM
Thanks Brenda!

0
anonymous (74717)
11/25/2003 8:37:39 PM
I'm sure Brenda meant her example to be =COUNTIF(B:B,"Yes")

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <024901c3b38d$1dc2c450$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> You need to coun the number of "no", "yes", and "maybe"
>
> Like this in D1,
> =countif(B:B="Yes")
> and so on in D2 for "No" and in D3 for "Maybe"
>
> Then in C1 type "Yes", C2 type "No", and C3 type "Maybe"
>
> So it will look like this:
>
> A     B     C     D
> Bob   Yes   Yes   2
> John  No    No    1
> Bill  Yes   Maybe 1
> Moe   Maybe
>
> Of course, as you add more names and responses, the
> calculation will continue to add to the COUNTIF
> calculation.
>
> Then you can highlight C1:D3, click on Chart, and create
> your pie chart from there.
>
> Brenda

Can I create an auto update chart in a template
I created a template with a chart. The chart needs to update itself automatically by the number of items in Col B and plot the value in D that are $$ values in pct. I used an offset in Naming the ranges but will not reference in the source data in the chart. Is it because the file is a template?? ...

Voting buttons (Outlook 2000)
Hi, I have a problem whereby staff members are excessively clicking vote buttons either by accident or to try and fiddle the results by sending multiple responses. I was wondering whether it is possible to have a voting button delete the message once clicked (as happens upon acceptance of a meeting request), at all? If not do you have any other thoughts on how I might get around this issue, please? Many thanks in advance, Adam J. It can be done with code behind the form in the CustomAction event = handler, but that will be an option only if you're publishing these = voting button ...

Links to Excel Charts
I have radar charts in excel which I link to a publisher file. I run a macro from an access database to feed the excel file and update it on a regular basis. I am having a very frustrating problem where my radar charts are being re-sized in excel when I update my excel file or when I update the links in publisher. Any suggestions? Thanks, Denise ...

I would like to format a dynamic chart title
Hello, I am using dynamic chart titels in Exel, but I would like to change the format of some letter (subscripted, bold, italic). I can change it in the linked cell, but is does not change in the chart title. Cony Cannot be done! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fayiama" <fayiama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092BE027-12C3-475B-A371-7D6ED72729A7@microsoft.com... > Hello, I am using dynamic chart titels in Exel, but I would like to change > the format of some letter (subscripted, bold, italic). I can change...

Chart Drift
I have an Excel file which was originally created in an earlier version of Excel. I am currently using Excel 2007, but this file was created back in 1985 so it's been with me through may versions. It simply tracks mutual fund prices by week. Anyway, the charts are created as objects on separate worksheets. Whenever I open the worksheet and go to the charts they drift down and to the right. I can't seem to anchor them. After about half dozen opens some that I haven't repositioned every time have drifted completely out of sight. I recreated a couple of the charts in Excel...

Total up range entries for chart
I have the following columns: Job Title, Week, Total People The data looks like this: Job Title Week Total People PM W2 1 Tech Edit W3 5 Net Engineer W2 2 Programmer W12 10 Programmer2 W1 5 PMLVL2 W3 4 ..... I have a named range of week, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W6, W8, W8, W10, W11, W12, named "weeks". I'm trying to build a chart to show the total number of people for each week. So I need to total up all the W1s, W2s, etc. to display my chart. So you just want to sum them? =SUM...

Outlook 2000 - voting buttons
Is there any way for the results of a yes or no vote to simply be tallied without the initiator being able to see who voted which way? A mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2007 clients with an Exchange 2003 back-end. Thanks! I don't think so. You might want to use a survey site like SurveyMonkey which I think offers anonymous voting. "Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@REMOVETEXTINCAPShydroottawa.com> wrote in message news:e7xa3xAcJHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any way for the results of a yes or no vote to simply be tallied > without the initiator being...

normal distribution chart #2
How do I chart a normal distribution curve using a scatter plot? I plotted a bell curve using http://www.tushar-tehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/ but I can't seem to figure out how to plot using my own data. Using excel 2007 Thanks for your help Well, the question is - is your data normally destributed? Show us a sample of the data. I think you will first need to sort on the x-axis data then use a formula such as =NORMDIST(A1,AVERAGE($B$1:$B$18),STDEVP($B$1:$B$18),FALSE) depending on the data you would need to plot this on a secondary axis or normalize it. -- ...

Leader Lines on Pie charts
I have the leader line box ticked but often the leader lines either don't show or the text to which the leader line is attached, is overwritten. Can I manipulate the lines, ie position them where I want to? I also can't seem to get the leader lines to print out on my printer. Is this a set up problme Bill Hi, The only way I can get leader lines to appear is to move the data labels away from the slice. The way the chart determines which data labels to not overlap and when do display a line does seem pretty hit and miss. Have you got the latest print drivers? Cheers Andy bill...

Charting #3
I need help charting 2 different series. One is for Total of Daily Orders (which is a 2 digit number) And then I want to add the total dollar figure for the daily orders (which can be a 5 digit number) I have looked and I know it can be done. Can someone please help Plot both series. Double-click one of the series on the chart. In the resulting dialog box, from the Axes tab, select 'Secondary'. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <0bba01c3aed9$0f9...

Help with Stacked chart
Hi, I would like to plot this data in a stacked chart: Year05 Apple Year05 Banana Year06 Apple Year06 Banana AU 10 10 10 10 NZ 10 10 10 10 However, the problem is that i want to combine the Year05 together as one series in a stacked column where Apple & Banana are stacked and want to add one more series with 06 together, with Apple&Banana stacked in that series. Is this possible? Govind. ...

divide a large group of people into smaller groups by their vote
I need to divide a large group of people into smaller groups by their vote. They individually vote whom they wish to be in a sub-group with and the chart would form the sub-groups. In A1 type NAME In B1 type SUBGROUP Starting in A2, fill in the rest of the sheet with all the names of your folks and how they voted, down columns A and B Then, select both columns by highlighting the A and B at the top of the columns., then in the upper ToolBar, click Data > Sort > select column B ascending for the first key, and column A ascending for the second key then "OK" This should ...

pie charts with aggregation
Hi, I need to build a pie chart of the following data: Energy 1,000 Energy 2,000 Consumer 3,000 Consumer 2,000 Consumer 5,000 Financial 3,000 Financial 3,000 Financial 2,000 Consumer 5,000 Consumer 2,000 Consumer 1,000 and I want the pie chart to have only three slices (Energy, Financial, Consumer). Is this doable (without pre-re-aggregating data)? Many thanks in advance! Aaron Fude Create a PivotTable (and PivotChart) from that data set. Add a column header row, name the two columns, select any cell in that region, and select Data | PivotTable and PivotChart Report... (the name may ...

Chart series display problem
At the end of my chart I always have a vertical line that is going to 0. That is caused because the cells that the chart draw contains formulas. The outcome of the formulas is space but the chart sees them as zeroes. What I would like to do is the use somthing like the formula below using the indirect function inside a series function so I can always know which is my last cell to draw that contains information: =SERIES(Investment!$G$2,Investment!$B$31:$C$181,Investment!$M$31:INDIRECT(CELL("address",A162)),1) Unfortunatelly it is not acceptible by Excel. What can I use instead?...

Pyramid Chart
Hi I've created a pyramid chart and now wish to add two further data series that I am attempting to display as lines running vertically to show a comparator for each bar on my pyramid. It can be achieved by adding a trendline but when adding additonal data changing to a line chart, the lines are displayed horizontally on a secondary axis. Does anyone know of a way of resolving this? Thanks Hi Mark, Does this help? http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng3.htm If not can you explain how you created the pyramid chart. Cheers Andy Mark wrote: > Hi > > I've created a pyramid ...

change default chart settings for new excel charts automatically
I would like to know if it is possible to change the default chart settings for new excel charts. Basically, if you insert more than one series of data in an excel chart, each series is plotted with a different colour, and different marker. I want to change it so that in future, when I make new graphs, the background is set automatically as white (not the default grey), and ALL the plotted series are black '+' s. (not x - etc) Any advice would be appreciated ...

Not so obvious Chart?
Is it possible to draw a chart in WorkSheet1, based on data residing in WorkSheet2? I tried by Naming (Define Name) the data in Sheet2 and then using these Names for the Series. But the Charting Wizard always replies with Wrong Formula! Entering the ranges (prefixed with the worksheet name) doesn't help either. I certainly must be doing something wrong, isn't it? -- rvExcelNewTip ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rvExcelNewTip's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15668 View this thread: http://www.ex...

add voting buttons to outlook
I need a simple explanation of how to add voting buttons to an email. Sadly I am not a programmer and so do not understand anything but simple steps. Who can help me please. Create a new message Press the Options... button on the Toolbar Select the option to use Voting Buttons -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "ooharrooharrooharr" <ooharrooharrooharr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12F13B1C-F930-464F-B668-83A470B5BB...

Side-by-side bar chart
Hello. I'm using Excel 2007. The goal: I want to build a bar chart that has two bars for each value (one is volume, the other is effectiveness). Category Effectiveness Volume A 11.4% 398241 B 10.2% 364633 C 6.9% 49214 D 12.4% 32790 E 15.4% 14148 The problem: I can get the two data sets added with each value (volume on the primary axis and effectiveness on the secondary axis). But... Excel tries to stack the the two bars by default... I need them side by side. I can't figure out how to get them side ...

Geographical Charts
Hi there, I need to create a map of the Mediterranean region where every country has a colour linked to a value in an Excel table. Do you know which stuff I need to make it? Thanks, scaz Hi scaz, Sounds like you need Microsoft MapPoint. But, you might see if 'Map Charts beta - Europe' at http://edferrero.m6.net/charting.aspx will do what you want. Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net/ > Hi there, > > I need to create a map of the Mediterranean region where every country has > a > colour linked to a value in an Excel table. > > Do you know which stuff I n...

Charting should not plot NULL as a zero
I am using Excel 2003 When a formula calculates a NULL or "", as the value in a cell such as in the case of the following expression, =IF(E34="","",E34) - if you plot a set of data generated by these entrys all of the NULLs are plotted as a Zero value. If I wanted Excel to plot a Zero it is easy enough to change the expressions to =IF(E34="",0,E34). Excel should not chart a NULL value. I can't find any discussion boards that can help me resolve this and it appears to be a considerable issue. Please provide a fix for this ASAP as it is ...

scatter chart insists on plotting as a line chart
Excel 2003: had 2002 version. Data plotted correctly. Next time I opened file, data displayed as a series rather than a scatter chart, though the data range fields for x and y coordinates display the proper ranges. Tried rearranging my data into adjacent columns, creating new charts and ranges, upgrading to 2003 Excel, changing chart into other types and back again...am I missing a primary concept? ...

How can I create a behavior modification chart for children
How can I create a Behavior Modification template for children using Office 2007? Use a belt -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE25B51C-A004-413C-94F6-19D1EA54BE46@microsoft.com... > How can I create a Behavior Modification template for children using > Office > 2007? "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:Oi8EMlI5JHA.6004@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Use a belt ROFL! -- Asking a question? Please tell us ...

can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption?
can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption? I don't think so. What happened when you tried? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Balan asked: | can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption? ...