visual aesthetics

does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a
'visual aesthetic' viewpoint.
i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found
very little on the finer points of aesthetics.

0
philcuddy (20)

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...

Visual Studio SP1
Any ideas when it will be avaliable? why asking? Do u found any bugs? And which Visual Studio are you talking about? "JoeB" <joe____A_A_A_A_A_ANoSpamPleaseThankyou_@kybert.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:OmZecnJHEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any ideas when it will be avaliable? > > > Im talking about VS.net 2003, i bought it a while ago and uninstalled it because its far too unusable. Im not using VS.net 2002 which is more stable, but still very buggy. joe "Dmitri Zhukov" <dimazhn@yandex.ru> wrote in message new...

Visual C++ versus Visual Basic
Hello, I am aware that this is not a very appropriate place for my questions, but I don't know any other more appropriate place. I have been programming for last 20 years, using Basic, Pascal, Fortran and C++. Of these I liked mostly C++. I usually learned languages by using language interpreter help. Only recently I had to go Visual. I started with Visual Basic for a easy introduction and despite minor starting problems (being Visual means conceptually different) I am now fluent in Visual Basic too. However, when I tried Visual C++, I hit solid brick wall for the first time ...

Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?
I have an MFC based dialog application that I want to convert to a DLL. So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC. The DLL has two functions: one to add two ints and return the result and the other to run a dialog contained in the DLL. I can build a simple MFC client app to test the DLL and it works. But when I try to run the DLL using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved by adding _stdcall to the exported functions. As I understand it, the problem is due to the fact that there is a difference ...

MS Visual Basic error in Outlook
Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger to send an email. I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, How can I fix it ? "XP User" <my_email@is.private.com> wrote in message news:sb27g.4$RO4.3@fe12.lga... > Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) > window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger > to send an email. > > I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, > > How can I fix it ? Fix the code ? Supply more info so we have a better idea what your problem...

XP visual styles
How to use xp visual styles in DLL's? For example like IE toolbars. -- P >How to use xp visual styles in DLL's? Peter, Have a look at "Using Windows XP Visual Styles", "Using ComCtl32 Version 6 in an Application That Uses Extensions, Plug-ins, or a DLL That Is Brought into a Process" in the MSDN documentation. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq This article might help... http://www.codejock.com/support/KB/002003.asp Tom "Peter Mihalik" <grex@kmit.sk> wrote in message news:eOBacebmDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How to...

Going from Visual Studio 6.0 to Visual Studio 2003
Hi all, My main interest in Visual Studio is using MFC with C++. I'd like to go from VS 6.0 to VS 2003, but I feel like a fish out of water with VS 2003. The interface is remarkably different and much less intuitive than VS 6.0. Are there any online resources to help people make the transition from 6.0 to 2003? Kind of like a "Migrating To VS 2003 for dummies" or something like that! For me, it was simply a matter of importing my MFC projects and recompiling. The only thing I had to hunt around for was the Wizards, which are done a bit differently. But it wasn't a probl...

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

installing Visual Studio/C++ 2005
Hi, If I've picked the wrong news group then please redirect me. I've installed Visual C++ Express and I'm having trouble compiling windows (as opposed to console) programs. The error is "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory" now I could hunt down a previous version of windows.h (I had Bloodshed installed), but this gives me a queasy feeling. Do express versions support win32 programming? May I have an improper installation? Should I remove and reinstall? -- nick keighley "Nick Keighley...

Visual Studio Tools with Great Plains
Hi All, Can any one help me out , in explaining to me how visual studio tools can be used to do customization in Great Plains. I would like to know the steps, to start of Visual Studio with Great Plains. Cheers, syam This link might help, http://blogs.msdn.com/andy_palmer/archive/2006/05/23/604537.aspx. daw "SGN" wrote: > Hi All, > > Can any one help me out , in explaining to me how visual studio tools can be > used to do customization in Great Plains. > > I would like to know the steps, to start of Visual Studio with Great Plains. > > Cheers,...

Mixing Visual Studio 6 with Visual Studio .NET
Hi All - I fully expect the answer to this to be "why would you even ask this question"; so, donning my flame retardant underwear :-) .... We have a product that is built (compiled and linked) using Visual Studio 6. In that product, we provide a facility for our end users to construct their own add-on DLLs. One of our customers has approached us with a requirement that the add-on DLLs be built using Visual Studio .NET. Their corporate IT department has standardized on the .NET development platform and will not allow anyone in the company to install VS6. The entry point interfaces...

Visual C++ 2005
I'm a vb programmer moving towards Visual C++ and a doubt came up now, on a project. Can i resize arrays in Visual C++? How? I've been searching and what i found was not what i was expecting. I found that in VC++, we need to create a new array with the desired size and move the content of the previous array into the new array. Isn't there a better way? My thanks in advanced Resizing an array depends on the type of array you are using. If you are using CArray (or any class derived from CArray) then it is done automatically. If you are using std::vector it is also resized a...

Visual C++ Tutorial
I'm using version 6 of MFC and trying to do the Scribble tutorial. Maybe I don't have the correct book. It doesn't match up with the toolbars, creating member variables, and creating new virtual overrides for classes which make it very difficult (if not impossible) to follow. I have Document number DB65885-0995 copywrite 1995. Is there an ebook of this document that follows MFC version 6? TIA On May 8, 12:45 pm, SWDeveloper <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote: > I'm using version 6 of MFC and trying to do the Scribble tutorial. > Maybe I don't have the correct boo...

Bypassing password protection in Visual Basic
I'm programming a tool for work that is comprised of several different spreadsheets. There are about 15 individual spreadsheets on a networked drive and a master spreadsheet that takes and compiles data from the other 15. The issue I'm running into is that each of the 15 individual spreadsheets is password protected, so that only the owner of that spreadsheet can access it. I've created a macro on the master spreadsheet that will retreive the data from each of the individual spreadsheets, but each time it attempts to pull data, it asks for the password. Is there...

ActiveX : Visual Basic vs Visual C++
I know that it is possible to write ActiveX control under Visual Basic and I think that you can also do it under Visual C++. In this condition if you write an ActiveX control with the same functionalities in Vb or in C++, will it be slower with Visual Basic ? Does the ActiveX control inherit the slowness of VB ? Last question : is it really more difficult to do it with VC ? mosfet wrote: > I know that it is possible to write ActiveX control under Visual Basic and I > think that you can also do it under Visual C++. > In this condition if you write an ActiveX control with the same ...

populate System Time in visual basic
How can I populate system time into a time field through VB. I am trying to populate the current time in time field in automated data collection window in manufacturing? ...