Varying data on X axis

Hi all,

I have a graph that includes a lot of data, it looks messy hard to see
individual points. I would like to be able to vary the amount of data
points shown at anyone time on the x axis.

I have had a look at adding a scrollbar, but I can only get that to
increase the number of points shown. I want to be able to set a limit
to the number of points shown at any one time. So if I have 1000 data
points I want to able to view points 1 - 100, then 2 - 101, 3 - 102 up
to 901 - 1000.

Hope I have explained myself properly, I appreciate any help I can get.

--
coa01gsb
coa01gsb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31214

check out pivot tables and or autofilter.  By playing with the data
structure,  you cna do what you want with either of these.

"coa01gsb" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a graph that includes a lot of data, it looks messy hard to see
> individual points. I would like to be able to vary the amount of data
> points shown at anyone time on the x axis.
>
> I have had a look at adding a scrollbar, but I can only get that to
> increase the number of points shown. I want to be able to set a limit
> to the number of points shown at any one time. So if I have 1000 data
> points I want to able to view points 1 - 100, then 2 - 101, 3 - 102 up
> to 901 - 1000.
>
> Hope I have explained myself properly, I appreciate any help I can get.
>

> --
> coa01gsb
> coa01gsb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31214
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=508874

0
BJ (832)
2/6/2006 1:51:25 PM
If you are now changing the number of points with your scrollbar, the
defined name you are using has this kind of Refers To formula:

=OFFSET(A1,0,0,linked cell,1)

You want to change it to something like this:

=OFFSET(A1,linked cell,0,100,1)

where "linked cell" refers to the cell containing the value indicated by the
scroll bar.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"coa01gsb" <coa01gsb.22t08z_1139222701.6679@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:coa01gsb.22t08z_1139222701.6679@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi all,
>
> I have a graph that includes a lot of data, it looks messy hard to see
> individual points. I would like to be able to vary the amount of data
> points shown at anyone time on the x axis.
>
> I have had a look at adding a scrollbar, but I can only get that to
> increase the number of points shown. I want to be able to set a limit
> to the number of points shown at any one time. So if I have 1000 data
> points I want to able to view points 1 - 100, then 2 - 101, 3 - 102 up
> to 901 - 1000.
>
> Hope I have explained myself properly, I appreciate any help I can get.
>

> --
> coa01gsb

Import Purchase Order data to HQ
We have some stores and we place purchase orders in HQ system for every store. Now purchase order data is in a excel file and We need import PO data from it in HQ system. How can I do it? Thanks. Jerry wrote: > We have some stores and we place purchase orders in HQ system for every > store. Now purchase order data is in a excel file and We need import PO data > from it in HQ system. How can I do it? > Thanks. or qsimport or custom-process (for complete automation-system) bye antonio hi,antonio Thanks for your reply. You said custom-process mean customize a process myself...

Mail merge from excel data source
I am trying to merge addresses from an excel worksheet into post cards in publisher. i always get to the point where publisher indicates that there are multiple tables or worksheets and wants to know the name of the table i wish to merge from. i've opened the data source to ensure that there weren't multiple tables or worksheets, and even named the single worksheet. when i tell publisher to pull data from the specific worksheet, it won't work. any thoughts? i'm using publisher 2000 (didn't work with publisher 97 either), and excel 97 Export the data from your Excel p...

How to put data inside clipboard
hi I am working with formview . I want to put all the content that i am displaying on the formview to the clipboard so that i can print it from there. can any one help me . thanks in advance with regards Harish See section "Copying Information to the Clipboard" in following MS article... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/DataExchange/Clipboard/UsingtheClipboard.asp - Parhar "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message news:uGYeJyl5DHA.3308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi > > I am work...

Adding data to a table using a combo box in a form
I just bought ACCESS 2007 and am having a few problems. Here's the one I'm trying to figure out now. I have two tables. PRODUCERS & CLIENTINFO. I would like to use the form, CLIENT INFO TRACKING to add new data to the PRODUCERS table. I've set up the form so PRODUCERS would be a combo box. I would like to use the combo box to enter the name of the producers and have it save those names in the PRODUCERS table. That way I can continue to enter new producers in the combo box or click on the combo box and have the previously entered producer's names pop up. I...

Transaction data not downloading?
I just installed MS Money 2006 Trial. Overall, I like the interface on the program, but I am not able to get transactions to download and display for my checking and savings accounts. I can, for some reason, get the balances for each account to show up. I went to the troubleshooting section of the app, and walked through deleting my temp files in IE, and performed the Quick Repair as suggested, although neither worked. My bank is Regions, I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences. How can I get this to work? Try capturing the log files and see if there is some problem ...

Multiple Graphs from one data table
Hello! I have a data table that consists of 5 columns Date, Time, X, Y, Z I want to have two graphs. The first should have X-axes Date+time and Y-axis values from X,Y,Z. The X-axis should be sorted ascending by Date+Time The second graph should have Time as X-axis and values from X,Y,Z as Y-axis. Here comes the hard bit, the X-axis should be sorted ascending by Time How do I accomplish this?? // Anders ...

Can VBA amend data in tables
Hi, I have a subform which is linked to a Link Table (A) which controls relationships between two parent tables (B) and (C). On the subform is a button to delete record, which would delete the record in table (A). What I want to do is add a line of code to the delete button that changes a field in one of the parent tables (say, B) before it deletes the record in table A. I have been playing with the SQL UPDATE record but have not managed to get it to work yet. So, in the below code: Table A is: not mentioned but is called LinkBedStd Table B is: TableBed Common Fie...

Reading data into a 2 dimensional array
I want to analyse data in a 2 dimensional array but don't know how to get the data from the spreadsheet into the aray. In the old days of GWBASIC I would use the following lines: Dim Table(100,4) For I = 1 to 100 : For J = 1 to 4 Read Table(I,J) Next J : Next I I know macros can handle FOR/NEXT loops but how do you 'READ' the data that is, say, in the range A1:D100 ? Thanks in anticipation. See your second post. -- Regards, OssieMac "Under Pressure" wrote: > I want to analyse data in a 2 dimensional array but don't know ...

User data folder location change
Lots of post here on MS office user data folder, but still nothing on how to change the location of this folder. I do not want to see it in my ~/documents folder. It doesn't belong here. Either in ~/ or in ~/Library/ApplicationSupport. I agree that it would be better placed in the Library folder, but unfortunately we need to live with it in the Documents folder. You could send your suggestion to Microsoft so that they'll consider it for a future release. In any Office X application, go to Help -> Send Feedback. Otherwise, click on this direct link to enter Mac Product Feedback: &...

data entry with drop down lists
I would like to creat a drop down list where user can select specified text, however, I would also like the user to type other entries. I don't necessarily want to completly restirct data imput, but I want to make easier for user. I've created an error message that explains to the user how to add their entry to the list, but I'd like to make easier where they can either select from drop down list or enter their own entry. Thanks Cyrus In the process of setting up the Data Validation in that cell, there is a tab labeled "Error Alert". Click on that tab. You...

varie domande
lalallallallalalllalllalaa......... ...

Chart Data Ranges
I posted this in the "Charting Ranges" below. I'll explain it another way. Sorry someone at work wants this and I didn't understand the way they wanted it displayed the first time. Hope I can explain a way someone understands. I need help! I have a series of 3 ranges I have to chart Series 1 ranges from 32 - 256 Series 2 ranges from 2 - 64 Series 3 ranges from 0 - 2 I want it to show 3 bars. The scale should be 0 - 300 Series 1 should display on the scale from 32 to 256 and so on with the next 2 series. How should I set up this data? Set up your data like this...

Adding data to a linked database
I currently have a access database which is link to a read only external database via odbc. What I am wanting to do is be able to add addtional data to these records in my database ie The link brings in a list of reject no's against each of these numbers I would like to add additional table columns for who created the problem, and what shift they were created on. Can I do this? You could create a table in your Access database and join the two tables by the primary key field in the linked table. Use a form based on the primary/linked table and a subform for your table....

How to put data in clip board
hi I am working with formview . I want to put all the content that i am displaying on the formview to the clipboard so that i can print it from there. can any one help me . thanks in advance with regards Harish ...

RTF Data Conversion
I have RTF data brought into Excel via MS Query. Now I need to convert the data into legible text. Is there an add-in that will accomplish this? Many Thanks in advance!! Ray Collins Have you tried using Text To Columns in the Data menu? Rgds, ScottO "westport" <ray.collins@halliburton.com> wrote in message news:1121195788.890443.169250@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | I have RTF data brought into Excel via MS Query. Now I need to convert | the data into legible text. Is there an add-in that will accomplish | this? | | Many Thanks in advance!! | | Ray Collins | Scot...

Varying taxing, same customer
My company deals with customers who service locations in different states and therefore need to be taxed differently depending on which state they will be servicing. Also, some customers are taxed less for certain needs. Is it possible in GP to differentiate between territory and/or different ways of taxing while keeping the customer name the same for each? You could use multiple address ID's for the customer and specify a different TAXID for each address. "Dan" wrote: > My company deals with customers who service locations in different states and > the...

Varied accuracy custom number formats
Hello, I would like to create a custom number format that varies depending on the value in a cell. Not sure if this is possible. Different volume liquid dispensers that I work with have changing accuracies depending on the amount to dispense. I would like a single number format that would take all of these into account. For a value of 0 = 0 >0 to 2 = nearest even thousandth (1.002 or 1.004) >2 to 10 = nearest 100th >10 to 20 = nearest even 100th >20 to 100 = nearest 10th >100 to 200 = nearest even 10th >200 = nearest integer I don't want the value ...

How to separate data....
Hi, I have worksheet with values which repeats in colums A How to copy data with repeating values to x worksheets automatically. for example All data from Sheet 1 which contains A values in column A(ID) copy to sheet A All data from Sheet 1 which contains B values in column A(ID) copy to sheet B All data from Sheet 1 which contains C values in column A(ID) copy to sheet C Pls see file in attachment. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: exp.jpg | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.ph...

Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that is doing something strange. When I double click a data point in the table, to bring through on a new spreadsheet the relevant data to to that clicked through data point, all of the numbers (in every column which contains numbers) on the new worksheet are formatted as dollars, even though on the original worksheet containing the data, those numbers are not formatted as dollars, but rather formatted as general. The data in the pivot table are not formatted as dollars. The source data are not formatted as dollars (except for just one column). Why would the click through...

Commission data
Can you change commission data in HQ and send the info to the stores with a 250 or 260? When reading the help data, it seems to indicate that commission changes are done at the store level. But it seems like the HQ program will permit the change to be made in HQ. Any info is appreciated Thanks -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops ...

Move data from one colum to another
I have over 900 contacts which includes contact data containing two columns of data, first name and last name, and wish to do the following: move the last name to the first name column with a space between the first and last name and then rename the column to be named contact. Suggestions? Thanks very much Lewis Shanks Lewis Assume first name in Column A and last name in Column B In C2(assumes A1 and B1 are titles) enter =A2 & " " & B2 Double-click on the fill handle at bottom right corner of C2 to replicate down column C. When happy with results, copy Column C ...

How do I transfer data from Notepad to Excel?
I transferred a file from a database that will only save reports in Notepad. I then, cut and paste the data into Excel. However all of the info is merged into one cell. How can I format this data, so that it will be a simple worksheet with more than one cell? i.e. Name, SSN, Home address should all be in different cells Erika, Have you tried importing the file through the Data | Import External Data | Import Data... function? This function will allow you to import the data and separate the fields into different cells. Henry Falk "erika" wrote: > I transferred a file fr...

Trendline partial data
I am trying to add a trendline to a process variable on a line-chart and use it to predict when remedial action is required. When the data parameter is reset, the trendline automatically takes in this new set of figures and attaches it to the previous, giving a totally skewed analysis. Is there any way that I can select only some of the data to trend? Then as the reset data grows, only to select the new series from the process? Thanks Hi David, Jon Peltier has a site that mentioned about dynamic charts which I find useful and you might want to check this out. http://peltier...

Aligning data with varying decimal places
I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals line up, without adding trailing zeroes? one way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom 0.??? In article <DD9B0C05-0A1D-4A5A-99F4-BB8030D9F7F2@microsoft.com>, edpaul <edpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal > places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals > line up, without adding trailing zeroes? ...

Varying pallettes
I have noticed when moving between spreadsheets that background / text colour palettes are sometimes different. This is a problem because I like to use a specific colour for certain things throughout the various spreadsheets. Does anyone know why this occurs and, more importantly if there is a fix? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Color palettes are workbook specific. You can revert to the default palette (or copy a palette from another open workbook) using the Tools/Options/Color dialog. In article <Ba78d.44$9H6.7@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>, "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutio...