Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal
places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or
something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats.
0
bm1235 (1)

If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain
numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to
the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in
the category list, and setting a number of digits.

I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". If it's someone's user defined function
that converts the number to text and trims it to so many characters, that someone is
playing a cruel trick.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

bm1235 wrote:

> Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal
> places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or
> something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats.

Transform fixed length text to xml
can i transform fixed length text to xml using XSL do i have to first load the text to xml and do the transformation? is there any other way to do it? ...

fixed asset activity report
great plains 10 sql 2005 asset added date 10,31,08 placed in service date 1/1/09 asset does not show in the october activity report in checking reports ran for gp 9 and 8 over the last few years the assets have always pulled to the activity report based on the date added why the change and how do I resolve so the report fuctions as it has in the past Merle, In the Activity Report options window, under 'Ranges' you can select 'Placed in Service Date' or 'Acquisition Date'. Perhaps your report definition is set to select Placed in Service Date. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP...

Arc of fixed radius
Hi All I'd like to draw an arc [i.e. a segment of a circle] of fixed radius and length [e.g. 90 degree arc with a radius of 100mm] - is there a simple way to do this ? It is to connect to perpendicular lines together as part of an engineering drawing, so it needs to be accurate. I guess there is a way to do this, but I just can't see it !!! I'm using Visio 2003. Thanks :) -- Regards Swansea Jack On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 02:32:05 -0700, Swansea Jack <john.phillips@hyder-con.co.uk> wrote: >Hi All > >I'd like to draw an arc [i.e. a segment of a circle] of fixe...

Got a virus, fixed it, now my windows is stuck in the classic skin and won't connect to the internet...
So I got the AntiSpyware Soft virus/spam/whatever it's considered recently because I was an idiot and left my computer on for a week while I was out of town with out my firewall on. I wrestled with it for a while, but I finally got rid of it. Last night my computer was working just fine, internet and all, in the XP Silver skin. This morning however, my computer is taking for ever to load up, and when it finally does it's stuck in the windows classic scheme and my computer is stuck in acquiring the address when trying to connect to my internet through my router. Every other co...

URGENT: Post GP 10 SP1 Items to be Fixed
NOTE: All items below are issues that are not fixed as of GP 10 SP1 1. This has been there since GP 7.5, and interesting how the testing team hasnt caught it. Basically on the GP logon screen the TAB order is messed up. It goes all over the place when it should basically go from the Server ID, User ID, Password, OK, Cancel order. Simple to fix. 2. When you upgrade to GP 9 or GP 10 and the user logs in the 1st time, GP prompts them to change the password, this is cause GP 9 and higher stores the password encrypted in a format that is different to SQL Server encryption. Well when the use...

Fixed-Asset types for a DB?
Hi There, I'm trying to put together a fixed-asset tracking system database and I'm trying to imagine all the different fixed-asset types (aka "categories") that a user might want to see in a 'typical' system, i.e. chairs, desks, tables, computers, projectors etc etc etc. I'm looking for someone who might have set up a system who has already created a list of the sub-category types one might find at a 'typical' large office, that would have all their assets typed into a database i.e. Computer Accessories Other Computer Monitors LCD Computer Monitors CRT...

Print Excel charts in Word 2003 with fixed size
Hello, I am trying to find a solution to the following problem: (1) I have created a chart in Excel 2003 and formatted the way I would like it to be (9 horizontal & 11 vertical gridlines, so I have a total of 10 x 8 square blocks). It looks exactly the way I need it to be. (2) I need to create a report with (multiple) of these charts in Word 2003. (3) My problem is that I need the spacing between these gridlines to be EXACTLY 1 cm when printed and I have no idea how to do this. Since there is no size entry for the plot area I resized it to be the same size as the chart area. The cha...

I need to combine a fixed text statement to a variable text state.
I am importing text into cells in a column. I want to put a formula into another colum that will append a fixed text statement to each one of the variable statement in the first collumn. Example: Col #1 Col #2 ABC Set - ABC CDE Set - CDE EFG Set - EFG ="Set - "&A1 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Eddie Crocker" <Eddie Crocker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19090B86-AE9A-423B-8EA4-CBED5222885F@microsoft.com... >I am importing text into cells in a column....

Fixed Asset Business Portal Access Product Suggestion
Suggestion: My users want to be able to at least display, and if possible, update Great Plains Fixed Asset data via the Portal. At a minimum add a "Fixed Assets" Entity (and data permission) under Site Settings, Manage Data Permissions. Best: Add full functionality to Fixed Assets withing the BP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Paste a function as a fixed number
I need to move a big number of cells that have been calculated by using a simple function (SUM) to anther spreadsheet. In the new spreadsheet I DON'T whant the function but only the actiul result of the sum as a fixed number. Is there an easier way to do this than to retype all the numbers again?? There are 700 so I really hope for your help:- Hi copy the numbers click where you want them pasted choose edit / paste special - values the actual numbers should be pasted notthe formulas Cheers JulieD "Martini25" <Martini25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Fixed Assets in GP
Hi there, This is the first time we've added a new fixed asset to our GL. We've added it to our asset clearing account (171) and I was informed that there's a process that will automatically transfer it to the correct depreciation account (164) without doing a manual journal entry. I know how to run projections & depreciations normally, but not with this new asset. Everytime I run the projection, it doesn't "pick up" this new asset. I've searched the help desk on GP, but there is not ONE result when I search for fixed assets. Any ideas? We're at a...

Adding a fixed number from the row above with some conditions.
Hi there, I need some help with Excel. I have a function as below, where "1" and "2" and so on corresponds to 4 different numbers. 1 52 1 55 1 34 1 22 2 44 2 29 2 12 2 29 Since I need a unique value to correspond to each number in the right collumn, I need to 'distribute' the "1" and "2" by adding 0.25 to each subsequent number, as shown below. 1.00 52 1.25 55 1.50 34 1.75 22 2.00 44 2.25 29 2.50 12 2.75 ...

How quickly fixed?
This problem appears to be quite a bit more serious than the Pentium divide bug. Will Microsoft be able to fix it (software) more rapidly than Intel was able to fix it in the hardware? Hmm... This isn't a chat room, perhaps you actually meant to reply to a message? peter.capek@gmail.com wrote: > This problem appears to be quite a bit more serious than the Pentium > divide bug. Will Microsoft be able to fix it (software) more rapidly > than Intel was able to fix it in the hardware? Hmm... > ...

Depreciating Fixed Assets
Hello i have a problem depreciating items with aquisition date of 2006 or 2007. it raises a message "Return Code 2 on script FA_Depriciator". The depreciation method is - Straight line orig life and the averaging convention is set to - None NS ...

Fixed Allocation #2
We have about 40 departments. Currently, we allocate several expense items to these departments based on pre defined percentages. For example: 7130 Telephone is allocated to 40 Departments 7140 Utilities are allocated to 40 departments 7150 Office supplies are allocated to 40 departments. We have about 12 expense accounts that are allocated to the 40 accounts. The percentage table is same for all accounts and is updated once a year. My question is Becauase I have 12 expense accounts that allocated to 40 departments would I need to set up 12 fixed a...

RETIRE FIXED ASSET
Hello everyone, We are trying to retire a fixed asset from Dynamics and there is a difference of oppinion as to what goes into the "Cost" field of the fixed asset retirement screen. One person says we put in original cost and another says we put in residual value after accumulated depreciation. I know we go Transactions --> Fixed Assets --> Retire. Then we put in the asset ID, retirement date, type and quantity. But what should we place in the "Cost" field? Thank you Neither is correct - here's the text from the Help File - Cost The retirement cost....

Fixed Assets not visible
We have a situation where a user, that has the FA Manager role assigned to them, can't see Fixed Assets when they log in? Fixed Assets is installed (V10). What is odd is I can log in to the company and see the fixed assets menus. We have tried to delete his user id and add it back, but that didn't work also? Any ideas? Is the user that can successfully see the FA navigation an administrator (i.e. access to everything)? This automatically will enable the navigation regardless of if you are assigned to the FA Manager role or not. I will do some checking and see if I can fi...

TechKnowledge document 859601
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYMXTYYKSWTLKQNNOXVQNXMOPKVQYUWVRO The error "This transaction is being edited by another user" appears when selecting a purchase order that was previously entered into the system. No other users are in Great Plains. What can I do?" We have a site that experiences the symptoms on this document on a semi-regular basis (several times per month). Their question for us is why does this continue to happen? Is there a bug in the MBS code that goes back to Version 6 and still hasn't been resolved? Wha...

Fixed Assets in TWO?
I was under the impression that all the modules available would be installed on our TWO (The World Online) company in GP 7.5. It appears that fixed assets was not installed. Does anyone know how I would go about installing it on TWO? Some people would like to start playing with it and I can't even give it to them in TWO. Thanks, Vergence Fixed Assets is a separate install - both on the server and on each client you want to use fixed assets from. The Fixed assets Management manual should help to walk you through the installation. Victoria "Vergence" <Vergence@dis...

Removing Fixed Assets data from company
Hi there, Does anyone know what the best way is to remove all fixed assets data from a company? Thank you, Ian Tools >> Utilities >> Fixed Assets >> Clear Data. Make a backup before you do this. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ian2009" wrote: > Hi there, > > Does anyone know what the best way is to remove all fixed assets data from a > company? > > Thank you, > Ian Thanks Charles for the help Ian "Charles Allen" wrote: > Tools >> Utilities >> Fixed Assets >> Clear Data. > > Make a backup before yo...

users loses profile overnight fixed
I think I have a fix. But can anyone explain what is happening here? I have found a solution (not mine, from other forums) that, so far, seems to be working for this problem. (refer to thread http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-server-ad/201003/1 for full problem) I will post it here for other seekers. Also, if anyone (Ace maybe?) can explain what might be going on, I'd love to gain the insight. thx, k The following procedure avoids that (blowing away the user profile) and seems to fix the problem, and can be executed remotely with a little effort, without bot...

Fixed Assets GL post missed
I've created a SmartList report that pulls the Document Status of "work" & combined with a date range will give me a list of journals that have not been posted in GL for the period I'm looking at. What can I create or where can I look to find any Fixed Asset GL Post that have not been created (Tools, Routines, FA, GL Post)? My fears came true when I generated a GL Post from FA & it created a journal from earlier in the year that was never posted. Found this when FA report for A/D had a different amount than the ledger. Merle, if I read you right, it...

Fixed Assets generates prior period depreciation when retiring ass
We imported asset data into GP 9.0 Fixed Assets as of Period 6 Fiscal year 2010. We retired 10 assets in Period 7/1010 and 3 of the assets calculate the same depreciation as our old FA application (we are running parallel). But there are 7 assets that are NOT Straight-line and have an averaging convention of Half-year that are generating small amounts of depreciation in periods 1-6 of 2010 in the table FA00902. Our old application does not generate additional depreciation for the retired assets, so we are not sure what GP is doing. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Th...

Has This Been Fixed
Has the error "The same table (Table name) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. " when attempting to read a complex schema into a dataset, been fixed since release 1.0 of the framework. Unfortunately I am still working with 1.0. The bug is described in detail here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;325696#appliesto ...

Fixed Assets #8
Hi all I hope that u can help me. I have two books (Fin & Tax). I want the Fin book to post to the GL and not the Tax book. I cant have a account class for each book. Please can u advise Lauie Go to Tools --> Setup --> Fixed Assets --> Company and select the book you want to use to post to GL. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Laurie Fineberg" wrote: > Hi all > I hope that u can help me. I have two books (Fin & Tax). I want the Fin book > to post to the GL and not the Tax book. I cant have a account class for each > book. > > Please can u advise...