Using a variable for a chart limit

Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
--
Vince F
0

Hi,

See Jon's information
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

Cheers
Andy

Vince F wrote:
> Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
> reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
> but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> See Jon's information
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Vince F wrote:
> > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
> > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
> > but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
VinceF (4)
6/28/2008 10:19:01 AM
How would you do this with a secondary axis?  My issue is I have 2 Y axes and
I want them both to adjust relative to each other based on the data.  I know
I can manually change the maximum values, but I would rather change the value
in which the 2 axes relate and have the charts adjust accordingly.

For example, 6 on the primary axis will equal 1 on the secondary, 12 will be
2, and so on.  If I need to adjust it to, say 5 and 1, how could I accomplish
that without manual chart adjustments?

Phillip

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> See Jon's information
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Vince F wrote:
> > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
> > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
> > but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Hi,

The same way only you need to reference the secondary axis.

     With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary)
         .MaximumScale = 6
             ' Constant value
         .MinimumScale = dYmin
             ' VBA variable
         .MajorUnit = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value
             ' Worksheet range value
     End With

Cheers
Andy

Read more:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html#ixzz0nbeBaxVT

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
Andy
5/11/2010 8:08:03 AM
One (non-VBA) approach is to plot a dummy series with appropriate values
on each axis and then make this invisible (no lines, no markers), then
set both axes back to automatic.
So for axis 1, plot the MAX value (or maybe use
CEILING(MAX(your_range),2) to round up to the next 2 or 5 or some other
'round' number).
For axis 2 plot a dummy series which is 1/6 of the one you worked out
for axis 1.

Hope this helps.
Adam

On 11/05/2010 03:07, PYO1012 wrote:
> How would you do this with a secondary axis?  My issue is I have 2 Y axes and
> I want them both to adjust relative to each other based on the data.  I know
> I can manually change the maximum values, but I would rather change the value
> in which the 2 axes relate and have the charts adjust accordingly.
>
> For example, 6 on the primary axis will equal 1 on the secondary, 12 will be
> 2, and so on.  If I need to adjust it to, say 5 and 1, how could I accomplish
> that without manual chart adjustments?
>
> Phillip
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> See Jon's information
>> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> Vince F wrote:
>>> Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
>>> reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
>>> but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info

0
AdamV

scatter chart insists on plotting as a line chart
Excel 2003: had 2002 version. Data plotted correctly. Next time I opened file, data displayed as a series rather than a scatter chart, though the data range fields for x and y coordinates display the proper ranges. Tried rearranging my data into adjacent columns, creating new charts and ranges, upgrading to 2003 Excel, changing chart into other types and back again...am I missing a primary concept? ...

character limit in cell?
I merged several cells and entered text. I have it set to 'wrap text' so it will all fit in the merged cells. If the text is only 1/2 of the third row it is all displayed. However, if I enter any more text than that it displays as '#######'. Is there a limit on the number of characters I can enter? Can that be changed. There is still room in the merged cells to hold more text. Abby, You don't seem to be getting any takers on this one. ####, to my knowledge, shows up only when you have a number in a cell (not text), and it's too big to display in its entir...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

XmlTextReader and 2GB file limit
Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package restrictions. Best wishes, Hugh McFadden hugh.mcfadden@visiongain.com Hugh McFadden wrote: > Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger > than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version > with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package > restrictions. Sorry for lame qu...

using forms

Re: CListViewCtrl and variable sub-item colours.
Hi All I have a CListViewCtrl using the report mode style. I wish to vary the background colours of some sub-items. Some will be displayed normal, others on a mild green background, others on a mild red background. Any ideas or examples on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Did you get an answer for this yet? The easiest way to make minor changes to controls like a list control, is to implement the "custom draw" feature (note: not owner draw, which is more complicated). See http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/lvcustomdraw.asp Regards, Mike "Larry...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Remove Payroll trx amount limit of 9999.99
Please remove the payroll transaction amount limit of 9999.99. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a7d8dd-de14-43de-a900-e4b751f75e92&dg=microsoft.public....

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...