User-defined (Custom) Charts

Problem: Super-impose line chart over stacked column, both data sets are
different
Data Set 1:
A2:A28 -- Market Segments
B1:I1 -- Months (Dec 2004 -to- July 2005)
B2:I28 -- Market share (%) values, each column (B:I) sums to 100%
Stacked column (market share) .. easy and done

Data Set 2:
Herfindahl Index - Values in B29:I29
Line plot over Months .. easy and done

I need to superimpose the line plot over the stacked column, how do i do
that one?

TIA!

Hi,

You could use just one chart, as long as you are not using 3d charts.
Create the stacked column chart to include row 29 (Herfindahl Index).
Select this series and change the chart type to Line. You will probably
need to move the line series to the secondary axis if the values are not
%'s.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

New to User Forms

Change A Cell Value Directly from a Chart
Folks, this is a follow-up to my earlier post. I've done some experimenting and I can quickly accomplish what I'm after if I could figure out how to change a cell value from a worksheet directly from a chartsheet. Here's my plan. Worksheet1 = PopulationModel Worksheet2 = PrehuntEstimates Worksheet3 = PivotTable Chartsheet4 = Chart A closeup look at each component: Worksheet1 Year PHFD PHYD PHAD WS2 WS2 WS2 (CELLS ARE ALL LINKED TO CELLS IN WORKSHEET2 and updated of course when they change) Worksheet2 (88R*7C) PHFD PHYD PHAD ADJUST UPHFD UPHYD UPHA...

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Using only dates needed in Excel 2007 chart
I'm trying to Chart data from a table and when I create a chart it adds in the days between mine. I only want working days. This is in Excel 2007. Change the x-axis to catgegory, not Time Scale. (Chart options, axis) This will display only the data you've given XL. -- Best Regards, Luke M "HFST04" <HFST04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161B5351-A851-4776-A1F0-0E838A1722EE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to Chart data from a table and when I create a chart it adds in > the days between mine. I only want working days. This is in...

customize Customer Relationship & Opportunity Relationship entity?
Hi all, We have tailored MSCRM 3.0 for a client to be more of a Relationship Management System than a CRM system. We have managed to rename the Opportunity entity to Projects. However when it comes to creating a Relationship linking to Account and Contact, the forms in which you do so are till referring to 'Opportunity Relationship'. This is the same case for the 'Customer Relationship' form -I wish to remove all sales-like terms. However, despite Customer Relationship & Opportunity Relationship being referred to as a customizable entity, none of the attributes can be ch...

I want "Infinite" horizontal scrolling for a chart.
Hi, I have a worksheet containing daily data relating to web site page hits and want to chart this as an open-ended graph on a Chart sheet. For example, column A contains the current date, column B the number of hits for Page 1, column C hits for Page 2, etc. Date is the y-axis, counts are charted on the x-axis. I add the data on a daily basis and extend the data range by seven days at the start of each week. How can I make the chart wider than the sheet, and avoid having the data horizontally squished into a single pane. In other words, I want a chart sheet to behave as a Worksheet in term...

Need User Name and Password

Moving Pivot Chart Fields on a chart sheet
Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. Thanks You can hide the field buttons: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide Pivot Chart Field buttons sherobot wrote: > Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? > The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not > allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. > > Thanks &...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Advanced Charts Question
I'm moving and application from Excel to Access. In Excel there are stacked bar charts that show prior years End of Year Summary information along with Monthly summarized data for current year. There's also a target line that runs the width of the chart connecting last year's EOY bar with current year's final target value. To complicate everything, the charted values are in Parts Per Million. In Excel I just added columns for the Historical Annual data to the left of the monthly columns, and a column to the right for the final target value. I also added a row for the target va...

Conditional formatting in Charts?
Is it possible to add conditional formatting to charts? For example, if a is greater or equal to b the bar would be green and if a is less than b the bar would be red. I appreciate any help. Thank you! This should help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e8601c4f7f7$f2f26090$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add conditional formatting to charts? > For example, if a is greater or equal to b the bar would > be green and if a is less than b the bar would be red....

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Chart Wizard
Where is the Chart Wizard in Access 2007? Thanks, Scott ...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Customizing entities
Hi, When we create our custom entities in crm ,where will the aspx file be created for that entity?that is will it be placed in some specific folder? Am new to crm so any solution will be appreciated. Thank you... ...

How do I create a drop down menu in a chart
How do I create a drop down menu in a chart On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, richard <richard@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How do I create a drop down menu in a chart Use the Forms toolbar (and not the Control Toolbox toolbar: I had terrible trouble trying to work out what I was doing wrong before I finally worked out they were different) -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Hi Richard I have a worked out example on my Exc...