Unbind Charts From Data?

I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one
tab with 6 charts based on that data.  I want to export the tab with the
charts into a new Excel book, but I basically want the charts to be
"snapshots" - not dependant on the source data.

Is there any way to do this?
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!
0

Jon Peltier has instructions for delinking chart data:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Aligning tick marks and labels on line charts or scatter charts
I have the following data: X Y 1 0.2 2 0.8 3 0.5 4 0.7 I would like to plot it using a line chart or a scatter chart with X on the horizontal axis and Y on the vertical. I would like the X range of the graph to go from 0.5 to 4.5, so that the first and last point are NOT on the extreme edges of the graph. I would like the X axis to be labelled only at 1, 2, 3 and 4. I would like a tick mark aligned with each of these labels. Is this possible in Excel? Here is what I am finding... Using a Line chart: Option 1. The range is correct (0.5 to 4.5), and the labels are correct, but the tick marks ...

IMC Data Folder
Hello: I've noted that mail is building in my outbound messages awaiting conversion folder and am logging event id 3038. Microsoft suggests that corruption has occured in the imcdata folder structure...in/out folders. To correct, they suggest. deleting ims connector deleting and recreating imcdata in/out folders recreating ims connector is defrag My question is this - what exactlyt does "recreate" imcdata in/out folders mean. After manually deleting them, does the recreation of IMS recreate this folder structure or do you need to manually go in and do it yourself. Are th...

ignoring zero values in excel charts
I am trying to create an x/y scatter plot from an excel sheet where the cells in the data range contain formulae which sometimes return a zero value - when this occurs I want the chart to ignore the value as though the cell was empty but I am having no luck in doing this. It would also be nice if the LINEST function could be made to ignore zero values as well. Having the same problem. It's okay if there is absolutely nothing in the cell the chart is pulling from, but if the actual value is zero, it dips down and looks very distracting. I have tried various different ways to get ...

chart from Pivot chart
I have a Pivot Table that is generated from an OLAP cube. I created a Pivot Chart, but this is not as flexible as I would like. I want to add a couple of extra trendlines so that I can see if my data series falls within an acceptable range. To accomplish what I want I create a standard chart, use VBA to get the series & axes from the Pivot Chart, and then add the series and axes to the standard chart. All of that is working well. Except for one thing. I can't get the category axis to format the same way as it is formatted on the Pivot Chart. For example, if I use a date as my ro...

Data Question
I have a tab on my worsheet that has the following informatio a Order # Order Statu 123 Not yet starte 456 Not yet starte 873 Starte 831 Complet Basically, every 2 hours the column with order # will refresh, mix up the order #'s (since they are tied to the auto-matic update of info) and will change the order of the order #'s, add some new ones, delete old ones and my order status column will stay the same (since I manually entered those in). So the new data could look like thi b Order # Order Statu 873 ...

Filter Help with Pivots
I tried both the manual method & Macro but neither seemed to work. An guidance on exactly how to implement the macro? Manual Method 1- Drag the pivot field out of the pivot table. 2- On the Pivot toolbar, click the Refresh button 3- Drag the pivot field back to the pivot table and the Macro Method Sub DeleteMissingItems2002All() 'prevents unused items in PivotTable 'in Excel 2002 and later versions 'If unused items already exist, 'run this macro then refresh the table Dim pt As PivotTable Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each pt In...

Wpf
I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a window for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really explains it. <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154 190,167 218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/> In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the M's, Ls and z's. I have seen this shown ...

Conditional Chart/Graph?
I'll try to simplify things as much as possible. I currently have a numerically ordered list. I need to only display the list up to a certain number. The certain number which I need to list up to changes depending o other variables. I also need to display this restricted list in a graph/chart. I could conditionally format the list to only display numbers in readable font colour up to the certain number, however when i then pu the data into a chart, the values which are unreadable on the workshee (e.g. because they are the same colour as the background) are displaye in the graph. Any...

Dynamic Charts #15
Can anyone explain the following formula to me: =Data!$A$5:INDEX(Data!$A:$A,MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$A:$A)) I am setting up a dynamic chart and found help on a website, I have used the formula (displayed below) as a dynamic range formula for AllDates that expands when more data is added to the column. The insructions stated that in the Define Names dialog box, type AllDates in the Name Box, and enter this formula in the Refers To box: =Data!$A$5:INDEX(Data!$A:$A,MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$A:$A)) The formula does work but I don't understand it, can anyone explain the formula to me? ...

How do you name a chart?
How do change the name of a chart (Chart1, Chart2, ...). I had some VBA code that activated a chart. I deleted and rebuilt the chart a few times, and then had problems deterimining the new chart name. I ended up recording a macro, selecting the chart, and examining the macro code to determine what the new chart name was. Is there an easier way to name a chart, or find out what it's name is? Thanks. Press Ctrl, and then click the chart (this selects it as an object). Then, type the new name in the Name box (to the left of the formula bar) and press Enter. John Walkenbach For Excel ...

Keeping socket events coming and receiving all data
We're using CSocket, CSocketFile, and CArchive in our project. In an effort to keep this posting as streamlined as possible, I ask you to read first my original posting which describes the problem I was seeing and the environment in more detail. Please refer to "WM_SOCKET_NOTIFY just stops", dated 8/4/2004. The reply I received from George N to the original posting boosted my confidence in my approach to a workaround. I understood George's answer to mean this: as long as I reenable socket event notification before our thread's message loop runs again, there lik...

Chart help Hide Months
I have a data sheet that has historical data, I only want to chart 13 months instead of all the data. Is there a way to do this? hide em -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "lmossolle@nc.rr.com" <lmossollencrrcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF19AB1-9092-4B52-868E-574232FC8AC0@microsoft.com... >I have a data sheet that has historical data, I only want to chart 13 >months > instead of all the data. Is there a way to do this? Hi, If your data increase each month have a look at Jon Peltier's example of dynamic na...

DDE Data analysis
Hello I have a sheet which is connected via DDE, i.e. some cells get updated via API. I would like to analyse this data for high and low values. How can I save this data in other cells or print a chart (dynamicly). To use =MAX() or =MIN() is not good as it is overwritten with new data. Any ideas, links, etc. are welcome. Daniel ...

data sort incorrectly
Three rows of data are being put incorrectly at the end of the second column sorted. I have a total of 8 columns and am sorting by 2. Since the first column is sorted correctly, I suspect the problem is with the second column. Everything is formatted as text, since the data contains numbers and text. I have checked all formatting, spacing, etc. Any ideas? Thanks very much. If you entered the numbers first, then changed the formatting to text, then the value is still a number. Since you formatted the cells as Text, try selecting each of the 3 cells. Hit F2, then enter. Excel w...

Importing charts to Word
I am trying to import a chart to word. Have trouble fitting it onto the page page so wish to reduce the size, However after I reduce it I only seem to end up with a very small chart and a lot of wasted space around it. Can I crop off the unused areas of the chart box or is there another way? David - Are you using a chart sheet? Reducing the plot area of a chart in a chart sheet will leave all that white space as part of the copied chart. Right click on the chart and choose Location from the pop up menu. Select the As Object In option, and select one of the worksheets in the workbook...

Saving Charts #2
We are currently saving charts as WMFs using an Excel add-in that was developed for us. The pies are coming out pretty jagged, though, so we're looking at other file type options, from both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. Can someone tell me what the options are? Can Excel charts be exported as jpeg, png or gif? Hi, Yes, assuming you have the graphics filters installed. Activechart.Export <filename> <filtertype> For more information see http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/05/export-chart-as-image-file/ Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andy...

Chart Problem
I have a data table that shows weekdays in the left column and values in the next two columns, the data range is called 'Month'. I have a macro that creates a Chart, but the category axis shows all days in the month when run, even though there are not shown in the data table. How can I stop Excel autofilling a chart with dates that I don't want and that are not included in the data table? Thank you. No worries, i've got it sorted "LaDdIe" wrote: > I have a data table that shows weekdays in the left column and values in the > next two col...

copying data
Hi! Every Body This is my second post in this site I am very disappointed with my first post solution because i can't find any specific solution. But this time i will hope that i will find the solution.My question is I have a workbook which have 15 worksheet with same format. I want to copy all the 15 worksheet into another new worksheet without using MACRO OR VBA. Because i am totally stupid about MACRO OR VBA. It took much time to copy and then paste sepertaly For example: if sheet 1 has 500 columns and sheet 2 has 250 sheets3 has 100 and so on I want to copy in new sheet i:e from s...

Serial Attributes, Lot Category Data
There is no ability to add attribute data to serial numbers in GP. Many industries, especialy Med Devices and Hi-Tech serialize thier product. Each serial number may have individual "attributes", incuding Rev, operator, date ,time, color etc. I would like to see the ability to define a serial category for each item, which in reality could be "Lot Category", as in effect, a serial number is a "lot" of 1. Consideration should be given to allow the look up of an attribute value during orderfulfillment or GI to a higher level MO Additionaly I would like t...

Unbind Charts From Data?
I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one tab with 6 charts based on that data. I want to export the tab with the charts into a new Excel book, but I basically want the charts to be "snapshots" - not dependant on the source data. Is there any way to do this? -- Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now! Jon Peltier has instructions for delinking chart data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html MDW wrote: > I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one > tab wit...

Delete selected major gridlines in a chart
I have an x axis with the values -50, -40, -30, -20, -10, 0, 10, 20, 30 with all values in %. I would like for only gridlines to be displayed at the -20 and 0 points along the axis. How can I do this? I have not found a solution yet searching on the web. thanks Gridlines come as a set. You can remove them all, assume the crossing axis can represent the 0 value, and use one of these techniques to add a line at -20: Add a Line to a Column or Line Chart http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Piled up Bar chart and Line Chart
I want to generate one chart which contains three values in piled up bars, and two values in line. I could generate one chart that has side bars and lines but not the one I need. Thanks for any idea, I need it asap. Thanks again! On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:21:53 -0800, Emece = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to generate one chart which contains three values > in piled up bars, and two values in line. I could generate > one chart that has side bars and lines but not the one I > need. Thanks for any idea, I need it asap. > > Thanks again! Create ...

Formula for charts
Hi all, I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant value. When I tried to copy the function to another cell, B8 is changed to B9. I only want D49 to change. How do I keep Excel from changing B8? Thanks! Hi, You need to use absolute references ($) rather then relative ones. =D49-D49*($B$8*$B$8) Cheers Andy PPP wrote: > Hi all, > > I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) > > D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant > v...

Chart Zoom and Scrolling
I writing an application that will allow a user to zoom in on a chart page. However, the zoom function defaults to upper left edge of chart. How can I cause the initial view to be based on the upper right edge of chart. During zoom-in the scroll bars appear but I don't know how to move them in VBA assuming that is the way I should tackle this problem ...

Thermometer Chart
I tried to use Andy Pope's website but I must be doint something wrong. Each time I try to paste the image of the thermometer, it is no longer transparent. Can anyone help Thanks Hi, Assuming you are trying the thermometer from the 'Original' worksheet. Try selecting the image then with the Shift key held down use the menu Edit. You should see a new menu item 'Copy as Picture'. From the dialog choose Picture and As shown on screen. Then paste that. If that works please post back and I can make am amendment to my instructions. Cheers Andy gailb14@yahoo.com wrote:...