I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use
Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages".

When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if
the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I
cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless.

Thanks and regards,
TL

0
FatFrog (2)

Excel File Corruption
I have a large excel spreadsheet (exceeding 5MB) that suddenly failed to update cell references. Due to the amount of changes being made on this particular day, I had put about three hours of work in ( all saved periodically) when I realized that cells referring to other celss were not updating when the values of the xource cells changes. I also discovered that cell references had failed to update when rows were added above the source cells. I work for a large international services firm, but our in-house tech group had no answers, excpet to suggest closing everything, re-booting, and reope...

How do I cut and paste using a macro....
Hello. I'm having trouble creating a macro that will let me cut postcodes from one cell and paste into another cell. I would appreciate if anybody can help me. What I have, is a large excel spreadsheet with a couple of thousand names and addresses. The address fields start in column B through to G. Each line of the address should be in a separate cell within each row, but the postcodes have all ended up in the same cell as the last line of the address. I need to cut the postcodes out of these cells and paste them into column H which is empty. The addresses are different lengths, leavi...

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

Outlook 2002 SP2 automatic update of server rules
Laides and Gentlemen, after installing outlook 2002 on the computer I have the problem that the generated rules are automatically updated if the rule wizard is closed. Due to the big amount of rules I am using it is not possible to activate all rules on the server. With the previous version of outlook it was possible to select between automatic or manual update of the server. In the actual one this is not possilbe within the rule wizard. Is there a way to keep oll rules on the client and prevent this update of the server? Due to the fact that the client is up and running 24h / 7 da...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

Office 2007 Excel
Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times before you can get into excel. Hope I got this in the correct discution group. If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how...

Unable to open calendar

Can Outlook 2003 cached mode handle additional mailboxes?
Outlook 2003 cached mode can handle my personal mailbox plus those public folders I designate as favourites. But suppose I have access to additional mailboxes that I would like to peruse while offline, e.g. a mailbox that receives support mail for my organisation, and is shared by several people. Can I then mark that mailbox for cached mode as well, and how? I have searched in MSDN, Google, and of course inside Outlook. I haven't found anything positive, but neither have I seen a statement that this is not possible. In hope, Jan Reher ...

Excel 2003 sum if or count if ... or is it something else ???
I am using Excel 2003 and am really stuck on getting a sum or count function to work if it matches another column. I know this might be bread and butter to some of you but as a bit of a novice, I've tried what I consider to be the obvious and get nothing. My problem - On a sheet B I want to sum (or count) all the times "Telephone" occurs in columns F or G only if "Other" occurs in columns K or L, these columns being on sheet A. See, told you it was simple enough ... but please Please PLEASE how do I do it? My sheet A uses 14415 rows, and columns ...

Prevent information copied in one Excel window to be pasted in another windows
Hello. Since Excel is not multicore aware, I am forced to have two different windows running Excel, ie, i start Excel in one window and start another session of Excel in another window, not in the same window by doing file\new). But since I am running macros in each, and because my macro copy and paste information, sometime the windows interfere ith each other which prevent one of the macro from running. Is there a way to make Excel not able to paste in another window? Thanks for the tip. ...

MS Mooney 2003 Freezes when pulldowns selected
I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since that install I have problems with the application freezing every time I select a pulldown menu - for example if I try to split a transaction between multiple categories and try to use the pull down to select the category the application freezes, and I have to Crtl-Alt-Delete to claose the application. I can close the application and it will restart without rebooting the computer. >-----Original Message----- > I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since >that install I have problems with the application ...

Outlook Free/Busy showing too much info
This goes back to the topic of opening the planner when scheduling a meeting and seeing the details of another user's non-private sppointments. I know from the last time this topic aired that the user can control how much they see, but is there a way with permissions or group memberships whether a user sees another users free/busy details or just the blocks? When I open planner from my account, I can see the datails of other people. When I go in as Joe Ordinary User I see the blocks but not the details. Thanks Steve this is done through the rights on the Calendar folder (right-click...

Multiplying in Excel
Why does excel and my calculator come up with different answer when multiplying numbers with decimal points? Excel seems to be off by a couple hundreths of a point. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:53:03 -0800, "albebach" <albebach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why does excel and my calculator come up with different answer when >multiplying numbers with decimal points? Excel seems to be off by a couple >hundreths of a point. Hard to tell why you get the results you do when you post so little information. The most likely answers have to do either with you not realiz...

HELP: Heavy Computer Slowdown during Outlook 2003 email download.
Hi, I have Win Pro XP (with Service Pack 1) and Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360 SP1) Email System is based on POP3 and SMTP I use Spamnet as antispam software (a Outlook plugin) and Trend Micro Internet Security as an Antivirus. No other plugins or addins on Outlook. When I download emails, all other open programas aver very very slow and non responsive. It does not freez but it is almost imposible to work on the computer... al I can do is wait until all emails are downloaded. Then I have control again. ALso, it takes about 15 minutes every morning to download 2MB of emails. I uninstalled SpamNe...

Excel
1. Look at a worksheet ; the range A1:A10 is filled with text data. 2. Enter into cell C1, = Countif(A1:A10,"<="&A1:A10) ; it works. 3. Then, the range B1:B10 is filled with text data. 4. Enter into cell C2, = Countif(A1:A10&B1:B10,"<="&A1:A10&B1:B10) ; it does not work. 5. Please offer an explanation that it does work and then it does not work. 6. Regards. I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding what you're trying to do... =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<="&A1:A10) is functionally equivalent to =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"...

in excel formula the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semi.
when entering formula in Excel the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semicolon (;) now has to be used. Example: Previous : =if(a2="Yes",a3+a4,b3+b4) Now : =if(a2="Yes";a3+a4;b3+b4) How do I change it back to using commas. I don't know how this has happened, I just arrived at work one day and the changes has occured. Not a 100% sure how well XL honors them, but check your Windows 'Regional Settings.' -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <5...

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

unable to scroll the page

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

auto format chart colours
Is it possible to have a bar chart where all values greater than 100 are automatically coloured red, less than 100 are coloured green? thanks Yes, have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy bobf wrote: > Is it possible to have a bar chart where all values > greater than 100 are automatically coloured red, less than > 100 are coloured green? > > thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...