Hi

Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now grey
and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them anywhere.

I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.

0
Snapclick (2)

Do you mean that if you click on a chart it does not get a border to show it
is activated and there are no range-finder borders around the data that
makes the chart?
This is a bit odd.
Have you tried a new workbook to see if the problem is with just this one?
My advice with all odd things is:Save & Reboot the PC
Hope this works - come back and tell us - I will check the newsgroup
tomorrow
Meanwhile send me a file (remove TRUENORTH. from my address)
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Snapclick" <Snapclick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
> that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now grey
> and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them
> anywhere.
>
> I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/1/2009 1:16:02 AM
Hi,

Did you perhaps protect the worksheet or workbook?
Did you Shared the workbook?

Cheers
Andy

Snapclick wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
> that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now grey
> and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them anywhere.
>
> I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Did you perhaps protect the worksheet or workbook?
> Did you Shared the workbook?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Snapclick wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
>> that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now
>> grey and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them
>> anywhere. I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/1/2009 2:38:30 PM
I have rebooted and everything is now fine. Very odd.

Just to answer your questions.  I couldn't click on any of the graph areas
to do anything to any of the charts.  It also wasn't letting me create a new
graph.

No - it wasn't at all protected or shared.

I could open new workbooks and create graphs in these.  When I copied the
'unclickable' graphs to the new workbooks I could then amend them.

So shuting down seems to have been the answer. Very strange.
0
Snapclick (2)

Problem w/X axis in chart (2003)
I didn't get any hits with my first post, so let's try again with a different subject line. I'm creating stacked bar charts where I'm tracking data from three points in time (one chart for each reporting period). I started this project a year ago and don't remember how I created the first chart, so I decided to just replicate the first chart, then change the data series. I did so by copying the source data range. For some reason, the second chart has a max capacity of 180% (instead of 100%). When I go to Format Axis, the first chart shows the following values und...

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

How can I execute a macro right after the user clicks the validation drop down?
I have an Excel worksheet and in $D$1 it has a validation rule (in cell drop down) that reads allowed values from A1:A3. What I want is when the user clicks on the drop-down in A1 I want to execute some basic macro. Is their a dropdown click event where I can capture it so before the user does anything else I can call my macro? Thanks in advance Michael You might be able to tie into the Worksheet_Change event. It fires when something is changed on the worksheet (by typing or by data|validation). There is a bug in xl97 (fixed in xl2k) that caused this event not to fire under certain ...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

Unable to open calendar

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

Possible to change chart title and label box widths?
This seems like a basic question, but is it possible to change the width of chart tables or series labels? I can select the label text boxes, but I can't resize the text boxes. >From searching the forum, it appears that for some reason Excel doesn't let you change the widths?! Any creative solutions? Thanks. John You could delete the built in chart text elements (chart title, axis titles, data labels) and insert text boxes instead. Select the chart before clicking on the text box button, so the text box becomes part of the chart, not just another floating graphic element. ...

in excel formula the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semi.
when entering formula in Excel the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semicolon (;) now has to be used. Example: Previous : =if(a2="Yes",a3+a4,b3+b4) Now : =if(a2="Yes";a3+a4;b3+b4) How do I change it back to using commas. I don't know how this has happened, I just arrived at work one day and the changes has occured. Not a 100% sure how well XL honors them, but check your Windows 'Regional Settings.' -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <5...

Use color or marked cells to make a chart
We have an excel 2002 shared workbook that we use to keep track of our capacity for incoming patients. The cells are color coded for each different insurance. How can i build a chart to show how many of each insurance we have taken in each week. The cell range looks like this. ='2268 SEATTLE'!$B$5:$H$13,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$17:$H$25,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$35:$H$43,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$47:$H$55,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$65:$H$73,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$77:$H$85,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$95:$H$103,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$107:$H$115 We would like to be able to kee...

save a new number format for other worksheets
when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how do i save it Jerry Austin Format a field in Personal.xls that uses it? -- HTH Bob Phillips "JerryAustin" <JerryAustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D10DBC4-CE16-4185-A52F-E7305DE1B392@microsoft.com... > when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how > do i save it > Jerry Austin ...

Put Outlook contact in Excel?
I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in Excel a reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have tried dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do what I want? Thanks! Jeremy See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm for information on the = outlook: hyperlink syntax.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power ...

set New currency EURO
I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all of his PO has to be in EURO ? How I can setup a new currency EURO ? Any help I will appreciate it. -- Thanks Miguel Dear, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency Access) Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, ...

Corrupt excel file #2
I have a very important file on excel. This morning i tried to open it and i'm getting an error message saying Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\HSingh\Desktop\CLD 2nd qtr 06 report-30jun06.xls' The following is a list of repairs: Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted. I then have an open to just close the dialog box and all the worksheets are blank with no values at all. I have read the knowledge base article 820712 on this...

what method to add function to right click list ?
Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. Outlook provides no way to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "wong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:04fd01c557a2$5e0d5e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to=20 > right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. > Thank you...

Linking objects in a chart
I have been trying to link content in an autoshape to a cell in my worksheet. In his book Excel Charts, John Walkenbach says that you simply select the object then click in the Formula bar, enter the equal sign, then the cell to be linked. Once you press Enter the object should be linked and show the content of the cell. My problem is that every time I do that, instead of linking the object, I get a new text box in the middle of the chart (with the linked content) - but I need the content in the object! Can anybody help? Thanks T. [I am using Excel XP on Windows XP] I'm not sure how J...

How do I create charts having non absolute reference values?
Not sure what you're asking. If you want to change an axis so it doesn't begin at zero, double click on it and enter your own scaling parameters. If that's not it, try using TWO sentences to explain what you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "rvboxel" <rvboxel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97BB5A7C-5AD5-4D84-83A1-02E8B96D2FAE@microsoft.com... > ...

unable to scroll the page

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

auto format chart colours
Is it possible to have a bar chart where all values greater than 100 are automatically coloured red, less than 100 are coloured green? thanks Yes, have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy bobf wrote: > Is it possible to have a bar chart where all values > greater than 100 are automatically coloured red, less than > 100 are coloured green? > > thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...