Hi

Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now grey
and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them anywhere.

I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.

0
Snapclick (2)

Do you mean that if you click on a chart it does not get a border to show it
is activated and there are no range-finder borders around the data that
makes the chart?
This is a bit odd.
Have you tried a new workbook to see if the problem is with just this one?
My advice with all odd things is:Save & Reboot the PC
Hope this works - come back and tell us - I will check the newsgroup
tomorrow
Meanwhile send me a file (remove TRUENORTH. from my address)
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Snapclick" <Snapclick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
> that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now grey
> and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them
> anywhere.
>
> I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/1/2009 1:16:02 AM
Hi,

Did you perhaps protect the worksheet or workbook?
Did you Shared the workbook?

Cheers
Andy

Snapclick wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
> that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now grey
> and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them anywhere.
>
> I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Did you perhaps protect the worksheet or workbook?
> Did you Shared the workbook?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Snapclick wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Just started using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I seem to have done something
>> that means the chart option is unavailable.  The chart section is now
>> grey and all charts I have created are 'locked' I cannot click on them
>> anywhere. I'm working on a project and need it finished by Monday.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/1/2009 2:38:30 PM
I have rebooted and everything is now fine. Very odd.

Just to answer your questions.  I couldn't click on any of the graph areas
to do anything to any of the charts.  It also wasn't letting me create a new
graph.

No - it wasn't at all protected or shared.

I could open new workbooks and create graphs in these.  When I copied the
'unclickable' graphs to the new workbooks I could then amend them.

So shuting down seems to have been the answer. Very strange.
0
Snapclick (2)

New Installation No Z report 0.00
New Installation No Z report 0.00 This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way across. Any ideas? -- precisecheck hi dear, Check the database> registers> receipt format is there and also check database> register has attached any receipt format. Make sure these things first as it not setup by default. "PreciseCheck" wrote: > New Installation No Z report 0.00 > > This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way > across. Any ideas? > -- > precisecheck Thank You Akber, this resolved the pr...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Opening a new instance of Excel

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

Chart Stopped Updating
Hi I have a number of DDE links that I use to increment Rows D to I every second, providing me with a method of data logging my DDE Links. I find that my chart works fine up to about 247 rows then stops updating. I have just upgraded from 2003 to 2007 version of Excel. Any ideas. Thanks Alec when you saved into 2007, you keep the old file format or use the new format? if using new, pls make sure you are using xlsm. if you are using the compatibility mode, please check make to make sure you click the security setting to low. "Alectrical" wrote: > Hi ...

Pie Chart Question
Hi, I am tring to make a pie chart that needs to include 2 pieces of information for one series. I have two columns of information (number and value) that relate to one person. There are 5 people all together. How do I do this? Technically possible, you might create a bar-pie chart or a pie-of-pie chart. IMO, this would be a TERRIBLE idea. Pie charts should be forgotten, IMO, because they often distort data and make it very hard to actually read the data. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/whats-worse-than-a-pie-chart/ My recommendation would be to make a clustered chart, a ...

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

Excel Crash

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Create pre-set margins & page no's.
How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened? (I am tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!) Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done this sort of thing before.) Create a template with the desired options specified. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

How Can I Tell What Button Was Just Clicked?
I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the function? I'd hate to make a function for each image. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See one technique at your other thread. kenji4861 wrote: > > I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. > > Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the > function? > > I'd h...