Trying to Plot two lines on one graph

Help! I have two data sets and want to plot them both on
one graph for comparison. Problem I am facing is the x-
axis data points don't seem to decipher between the two
plots.
For instance, my 2 data sets are:
Line1  Line2
X Y    X    Y
1 4    1.5  7
2 7    2    6
3 9    3    8
4 2    4.2  0
5 7    5.1  1

But after plotting, Excel can only display the Line 1 x
values. Therefore Line 2 is not represented correctly.
Anyone have any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74721)

Erica

One way:

Make a XY-scatter chart for the first data set.

Rightclick the chart and choose "Source data" (or similar)
From the tab "Series" (or similar) add a new series.
Drag through data set 2 to get the X- and Y-values.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Erica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Help! I have two data sets and want to plot them both on
> one graph for comparison. Problem I am facing is the x-
> axis data points don't seem to decipher between the two
> plots.
> For instance, my 2 data sets are:
> Line1  Line2
> X Y    X    Y
> 1 4    1.5  7
> 2 7    2    6
> 3 9    3    8
> 4 2    4.2  0
> 5 7    5.1  1
>
> But after plotting, Excel can only display the Line 1 x
> values. Therefore Line 2 is not represented correctly.
> Anyone have any suggestions?

0
leo.heuser (111)

problem with scatter graph
My problem is that I set up my graphs ahead of time and select the whole range where the data is eventually filled in. When I look at the graph until the range is full of data the graph doesn't act as a scatter graph. The X value starts at 1 and increases linearly from there. The graph looks the same but it is skewed and doesn't reflect the x values correctly. Is there any fix to this? Thanks Steve You are probably creating a line chart. Even though the Line Chart looks similar to the XY Scatter Chart, they are very different beasts. You want the latter. -- Regards, ...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Two display monitors....
I have two monitors attached to two video adapters in the same PC. 1. How can I know from my Visual C++ program how many monitors do I actually have (I want the program to behave differently if only one monitor is available)? 2. How can I setup de resolution for both adapters/monitors from the C++ program? You can use EnumDisplayDevices to get information about all available display devices attached to your computer. Then you can use ChangeDisplaySettingsEx to change the resolution on a specific device. I personally haven't done this before, but I thing it will work. Ali R. "J...

Graph intra-day stock data
How do you graph intra day data (Date, Open, High, Low, Close) format. Where the Date includes the time: (2/22/04 9:00 AM format). Currently, I get a chart with all the individual 30 min bars being grouped into just a daily bar, I would like individual bars for each half hour. The easiest way would be to use a XY Scatter chart, rather than a Line chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <106ea01c3f3b9$e560c6d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.mi...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Change multiple users e-mail address at one go
Does any one know any script/tool/command in E2k3 on win2k3 where in i can change multiple users primary e-mails address at one go. -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" Have a look at admodify. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D66A7A-B875-45DF-8888-E54D92CD84B2@microsoft.com... > Does an...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Join same field on two tables
Forgive if this is really stupid. This is what I am dealing with in terms as simple as I can come up with: I have one table with multiple records (country names) and multiple fields (over 20). I have a second table with that contains only a limited number of records (all of which are also represented in the other table) with only two fields (also represented in the other table). I need to know if it is possible to make the information from the second table "join" with the first table and display the data from both tables in one column. Does that make any sense? You can combine da...

stacked bar graphs
Hello all, Is there a way of conditionally formatting the fill colour of seperat segments on a stacked bar graph. My chart has a different colour for each segment at the moment. I wa wondering if it was possible to say have the segment of the chart t be the same fill colour as the source data cell fill colour. I am using Office 2000 and am fairly new to VBA. Thanks in advance, Greg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can have VBA see the color of the cell, and apply it to the chart element, but if the cells have conditional formatting, it's gonna cost you a gre...

comparing two worksheets
I am trying to compare two lists of names on seperate workbooks. How can I have excel match the names on both workkbooks and place that info in another worksheet? I want to take names that are on both worksheets and place them in another. This sounds like a job for a database. Any chance that you know how to use Access? If not, try this... Data is in ColA (two seperate workbooks), select D1:D6, and enter: =IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH('[Sheet1]Master#1'!A1:A6,'[Task2.xls]Master#2'!$A$1:$A$6,0))),'[Sheet1]Master#1'!A1:A6,"") Commit with Ctrl + Shift ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Two sided business cards
Hi all I am just designing a business card. I have everything set up perfectly but I want to print two sided cards.. Is there a trick to doing it? Thanks TM After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from TM <marshalls6710@rogers.com>... > I am just designing a business card. I have everything set up > perfectly but I want to print two sided cards.. Is there a trick to > doing it? If your cardstock is symmetrical, there should be no problem - just turn the stock over after side 1 has printed, and print side 2. Are you having trouble? -- Ed Be...

Adding data in two columns
Help! I am working with data in two columns and would like to total the dupilcate numbers giving me a sum total. Example: Column A Column B 12345 4 12345 2 12345 6 I would like to combine all into one line that would look like: Column A Column B 12345 12 Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated!! Shawn Hi use a pivot table for this. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-p...

One driver for multiple OS
Is it possible to use one build environment to create one bulk USB driver binary to run on WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 using WDK 7600.16385.0? Or do I need 3 driver binaries per platform (eg x86, amd64)? -- Thanks, Eric You can do it with one driver, just use the build environment of the oldest platform that you want to target (XP in this case). See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa906294.aspx for details on how to dynamically take advantage of the features available on later platforms (if you need or want to, that is). -scott -- Scott Noone Consulting ...

Problem adding vertical marker line to line chart
I have a line chart with date values on the x axis. I want to add vertical marker lines on the chart to show when certain events happened (which do not correspond to dates for which there is data in the line chart). I did a websearch and supposedly you can do this with something called the "series method", so I tried that. It worked all right, except where my vertical bar showed up on the chart was nowhere near the date that I'd assigned to it; hence, not very useful. I tried the "error bar method" and the results were even more ghastly and useless. Is there...

I have two drop list of the same data but in different sheets.
I have two drop list of the same data but in different sheets. Is there a way to choose a data in one list and the other list should also automatically choose the same data? Drop List one - A, B, C Drop List two - A, B, C Pick A in List one should make List two automatically show List one without me having to pick it. I know there are several other ways I can accomplish this specific tasks, but is there a way to do it the way I just explained above? Thanks! try this Go to data | validation | allow : list | source : A,B,C | ok Now Copy the cell which has validation. Go to different sheet...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

Fill in Value if two cell values match

Can you insert a graph inside another graph? if so how?
I am trying to insert a graph into another graph. Is this possible? Jim Hi, You can embed multiple chartobjects into a chart sheet. Press F11, making sure the cells surrounding the active cell are empty, this should then create a blank chart sheet. If you then have some charts on a worksheet these can be embeded in the empty chart sheet. To do this right click a chart on the worksheet and click Location... From the As Object In dropdown list select the chart sheet. I don't believe you can embed chartobjects within chartobjects though. Cheers Andy Jim Smith wrote: > I am tryi...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Problem with one e-mail message
In my inbox, a message is shown in red with the "blocked" symbol. But when I click it to delete, it crashes Windows Mail instead. I ran my full antivirus scan (Trend Micro) but still have the problem. Windows Update no help. Any suggestions short of dumping Windows Mail with all my mail, contacts, etc.?? Upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Ludlow37" wrote in message news:29D1C42E-D4FB-4748-9770-BF2F7F51B685@microsoft.com... In...

Can you have 2 date ranges in one row on an Excel Gantt chart?
Is it possible to do a gantt chart in excel with the following criteria: Bus Start Date Duration End Date Start Date Duration End Date L180 9/1/2007 5 9/6/2007 9/15/2007 6 9/21/07 L220 9/15/2007 4 9/19/2007 9/25/2007 4 9/29/07 I am able to get the first set of start and end dates to chart, but not the 2nd series. Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying this for months. Karen On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, KAREN_W <KARENW@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is ...