Trouble Displaying a Non-Contiguous Data Range

I'm having trouble creating a chart that shows days off that individual
employees are taking for a particular month.  I can create an underlying
data table, but I'm unable to create a chart based on the data.  I'd like
the chart to look something like this with days of the particular month on
the Y axis and the names of the people on the X axis:

                                  Month of July
..
..
5
..
..
1
       Sue   Mary  .....   Tom

I'm having trouble displaying a non-contiguous data range for a particular
person (x value).  If Sue were to take off, for example, from the 5th to the
10th of the month and then from the 15th to the 22nd of the month,  how
would I display that?  Is it possible?  I want to have a side by side
comparison for all the people showing time off.

Thanks,

Dave

0
dbglover1 (2)

You could use a worksheet to display the days off, as Jon Peltier
describes in his Gantt chart article:

   http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/7/2004 12:19:55 AM
That was helpful!.

Thanks...

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You could use a worksheet to display the days off, as Jon Peltier
> describes in his Gantt chart article:
>
>    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343
>
> David wrote:
> > I'm having trouble creating a chart that shows days off that individual
> > employees are taking for a particular month.  I can create an underlying
> > data table, but I'm unable to create a chart based on the data.  I'd
like
> > the chart to look something like this with days of the particular month
on
> > the Y axis and the names of the people on the X axis:
> >
> >                                   Month of July
> > 31
> > 30
> > 29
> > 28
> > .
> > .
> > 5
> > .
> > .
> > 1
> >        Sue   Mary  .....   Tom
> >
> > I'm having trouble displaying a non-contiguous data range for a
particular
> > person (x value).  If Sue were to take off, for example, from the 5th to
the
> > 10th of the month and then from the 15th to the 22nd of the month,  how
> > would I display that?  Is it possible?  I want to have a side by side
> > comparison for all the people showing time off.
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

dbglover1 (2)

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Need to change the display of a chart
Hello! I have several pie charts that I have created to show percentages. In several of them, there are multiple legend values for the same percentage (0%). Excel prints all of them stacked on top of each other, with their leader lines and in some cases it runs into the title of the chart. Is there any way to change this? Also, in some other cases, with the same situation, there are no leader lines displayed (even though I told it to under Chart Options) and the values all print on top of each other. Suffice it to say, these charts are not very readable. Can anyone help me on thi...

How to make a cell display a minimum value
Hi I have a very simple spreadsheet that works the total area of a piece of glass. Similar to this Width Height Area Where Area = Width*Height I want to make it so that the Area cell will display a minimum value if a certain value is too low. For instance .478*.456 is actually equal to 0.217, but I want to make the minimum area 0.30. this makes it that any value that is returned in the Area cell must be a minimum of 0.30. Anything over 0.30 is OK. I would assume that a command similar to this would suffice If C3 < 0.30 then Let C3 =.30 But, where do I type this? Can anyon...

Adding to data to a list
I want to make log, ie add blocks of data to main block. So far i have very crude method of moving the main block down a few spaces, the copying the new data to the top. then again when theres more. this i no way perect. I would like the be able to copy the new data to the bottom of the lis via some incremental method, but i cant find one. Any suggestions welcomed Cheers ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com untested but try assigning to a button or worksheet ...

Data analysis data from a survey
I need to analysis data from a survey that was recently carried out. Does anyone know how I could do this and keep a trail of the answers recd from same persons If you provide some details about the survey structure, and how you're collecting the results, and what you want to analyze, someone may be able to help you. Jessie1 wrote: > I need to analysis data from a survey that was recently carried out. Does > anyone know how I could do this and keep a trail of the answers recd from > same persons -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextur...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

MedianIf multiple range and criteria
Hi all, I have this formula that works perfectly for one criteria for the range A3:A5000: =MEDIAN(IF((Calc!$C$3:Calc!$C$5000=1)*(Calc!$A$3:Calc!$A$5000=A19)* (Calc!$E$3:Calc!$E$5000>0),Calc!$E$3:Calc!$E$5000)) I need to modify this formula in order to scan the range A3:A5000 and if any values in this range are equal to A17 and A18 and A19, I need it to return the median of the range E3:E5000>0 AND that also satisfies the condition C3:C5000=1. Is this possible? Any thoughts? Does this make sense? Thanks! If I understood what you want... Array entered: =MEDIAN(I...

Bottom left corner of the screen stops displaying number of record
I use the filter mode a lot. I particularly use seeing the number of records found based on the filter criteria I selected in the filter mode. However, I have several worksheets where something has happened such that the bottom left corner of the screen stops displaying the number of records found whenever I'm iin the filter mode. How can I get it so that I can see the number of records found again? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dr. Sidle" <Dr. Sidle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

repeating a data pattern in excel
Im using excel to run a class register for a playgroup. Each pupil is booked in for a number of days per week. To show their forecast for the year, I'm manually entering the days they're going to be present each week - is there a way to do this automatically? For example, Ben is booked in for Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays - how can I copy this weekly pattern throughout the year without manually tabbing across and ticking the relevant days? Hi, Kel. To do this manually, but easily, type the first 3 "sets". Select them all and copy down using the fill handle. You coul...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Public Folder Display
Exchange 5.0 Outlook 2000 I have one user that when she goes to add an address to an email from our company contacts (Public folder) it is displaying the business name first so she cant see the persons name, every other user, it will display the persons name (last name first) does anybody know why I am having this problem? It is a new user so it has been this way since I put her on the network. In the contact itself, is the "file as" showing up properly as last, first? In Outlook, go to tools | services, properties of Outlook Address Book, and change the display to "file as&q...

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Show summerised data
Hi all I'm using vb.net 2005. I have an app with a Form containing a Tab control with 5 pages. 1 page records time booked to a particular job using a DataGridView control. All works OK. The question, how do I place on the same Tab as the DataGridView a summary of hours recorded. I have a Group By query with a Sum function that summerises the hours by job category in the Hours TableAdaptor. Its being able to display query results on the Tab that I can't do. Guidance most welcome. TIA johnb ...

How do I display columns side-by-side in a two Y axis chart?
Hi there all I have a chart that has 2 Y axis. How can I move the columns to display side by side and not overlaping or one data set sitting in front of/behind the other? Help please this is driving me nuts. Many thanks Hi, You need to stagger your data to stop the 2 sets of columns overlapping each other. See here for information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Kristin C wrote: > Hi there all > > I have a chart that has 2 Y axis. How can I move the columns to display > side by side and not overlaping or one data set sitting in ...

trouble
I have been using my MS Publisher 2000 for over 3 years. Just recently I attempted to access the Publisher program and got the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup fom the location where you originally installed the application." I have done everything I know to fix this including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I don't understand what happened overnight nor do I understand the instruction "run from the location you originally installed the program". I can not access the numerous publicaions that I have cr...

Country/Currency data
I currently run Money 2002. I have just downloaded Trial version Money 2004. Is there a separate file in this software containing the country/currency info that I could use in Money 2002. No it is built in but in any case I am not aware of any significant changes in this area since the introduction of the euro. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Paul Pereira" <ppaul@uninet.net.id> wrote in message news:006a01c35f5d$49009cc0$a301280a...

How do you display the values of variables within an Excel formula
I would like to be able to display the values and units of variables that were used in a specific formula underneath the formula (i.e. show my work or show the calculation). Is this possible? If so, how? Is this what you mean http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm or if you mean that if the formula is let's say =AS2*B2 and you want to see the contents of A2 and B2, select each cell in the formnula bar and press F9 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "curious one" <curious one@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C7758F-F062-4A4F-AC86-71FDD7E34FC...

Trouble with "time" in formulas
I have a time sheet that looks something like this: A1=time...A2=time...A3=A2-A1+if(A1/24,1)...A4=if(or(A3<time(0,15,0),A3>time(4,0,0)),A3,time(4,0,0)) A1 and A2 are set up as dropdown lists and the times in the list are i increments of 15 minutes. WHat I'm trying to accomplish is (in cell A4 if A3 is between 15 minutes and 4 hours, then return 4 hours. if A3 i 0 or greater than 4 hours, return A3. If I enter enter times in A1 around 00:00 and A2 a little after 00:0 it works fine... example: A1=22:00...A2=01:00...A3=03:00...A4=04:00 A1=20:30...A2=00:15...A3=03:45...A4=04:00 A1=00...

Display a blank cell when sum is zero
How do I make a cell display a blank instead of a "0" or a "-" when the sum of a formula is zero? Hi, Try going to [Tools] --> Options Under the tab "View" Look at the Window option and uncheck Zero Values Rockee Freema -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Charlymon! Example: =IF(SUM(A1:Z1)=0,"",SUM(A1:Z1)) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "charlymon" <charlymon@yahoo...

Data label area in printout
In Excel 2000, I formatted data labels in a chart with an Area property of "none" (i.e. - the rectangular area of data labels to be transparent). It displays properly on the sceen, but in my printout the data label areas are white (over a shaded chart area). A co-worker who printed out the same chart from her computer got the proper result, using the same network printer. Does anyone know what I need to change to get the desired format in the printout? Aside from checking that you have the most recent driver for the same printer, I can't think of what you need to do. -...

Combo Box Column with No Data
I have a table, the first column of which I seem to be unable to get to appear in a combo box column. Instead I get a column which appears completely blank, though the Row Source indisputably contains the desired values. Any ideas? Thanks, as always, for any and all suggestions. What versoin of Access? If 2003, perhaps you need the Hotfix for SP3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Darrell" <Darrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E423FA17-DD1B-4474-903...