trouble copying and pasting

After working up a good workbook, with column sizes changed and margins
changed and page breaks changed, I tried to then copy and paste it into
sheet 2, however, all the formatting I changed, was changed back to the
default excel settings.

My question is how do I copy and paste so that all my formatting remains
intact?

Windows 98 se, excel 2000

Ian

0
ianp5541 (2)

Ian -

In order to copy the column widths, you need to copy the entire column
before pasting. I don't think you can copy margins and page breaks. Can
you make a copy of the whole sheet, then paste the new data into the
copied sheet?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Ian wrote:

> After working up a good workbook, with column sizes changed and margins
> changed and page breaks changed, I tried to then copy and paste it into
> sheet 2, however, all the formatting I changed, was changed back to the
> default excel settings.
>
> My question is how do I copy and paste so that all my formatting remains
> intact?
>
> Windows 98 se, excel 2000
>
> Ian

Thanks for your reply

Since posting I discovered a way that works for transferring from one sheet
to another within a document. You go edit, make copy or move, and then tick
the make a copy box. This creates a copy on another sheet in the document.
However you still cannot copy this sheet , open a new document and then
paste into the new document.

"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNOSPAM@peltiertech.com> wrote in message
> Ian -
>
> In order to copy the column widths, you need to copy the entire column
> before pasting. I don't think you can copy margins and page breaks. Can
> you make a copy of the whole sheet, then paste the new data into the
> copied sheet?
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> _______
>
> Ian wrote:
>
> > After working up a good workbook, with column sizes changed and margins
> > changed and page breaks changed, I tried to then copy and paste it into
> > sheet 2, however, all the formatting I changed, was changed back to the
> > default excel settings.
> >
> > My question is how do I copy and paste so that all my formatting remains
> > intact?
> >
> > Windows 98 se, excel 2000
> >
> > Ian

0
ianp5541 (2)
1/26/2004 11:10:37 PM
Ian -

You can choose which document to copy the sheet into, and you can pick
any open workbook, or "New Workbook". If you pick New Workbook from the
list, a new workbook is created with the copied sheet as its only sheet.

- Jon
-------

Ian wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
>
> Since posting I discovered a way that works for transferring from one sheet
> to another within a document. You go edit, make copy or move, and then tick
> the make a copy box. This creates a copy on another sheet in the document.
> However you still cannot copy this sheet , open a new document and then
> paste into the new document.
>

> "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNOSPAM@peltiertech.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ian -
>>
>>In order to copy the column widths, you need to copy the entire column
>>before pasting. I don't think you can copy margins and page breaks. Can
>>you make a copy of the whole sheet, then paste the new data into the
>>copied sheet?
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
>>_______
>>
>>Ian wrote:
>>

>>>After working up a good workbook, with column sizes changed and margins
>>>changed and page breaks changed, I tried to then copy and paste it into
>>>sheet 2, however, all the formatting I changed, was changed back to the
>>>default excel settings.
>>>
>>>My question is how do I copy and paste so that all my formatting remains
>>>intact?
>>>
>>>Windows 98 se, excel 2000
>>>
>>>Ian

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Copy info from one workbook to another?

set paste option automatically
I'm trying to do a simple copy (ctrl-c) from Word and paste it into an Excel cell with ctrl-v. Now the 'paste option' button comes up each time and I have to select 'match destination format' each time. If I turn off paste options, then the cell contents remains blank. Help! ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

subtotal copy and paste

Copy and Paste problem #2
Hi, A question from a newbie. I am working with a template from Microsoft's website. I started to customize it yesterday and everything was going well. I get back to it today and I have the following annoying problem. When I select a bunch of cells, copy them and then choose Insert Copied Cells, the cells are copied by the width of the original cells are not respected and shift to the new area's width. It looks like that the formulas are also not carrying over properly. Any help would be appreciated. Abheeru I tried closing/reopening Excel, rebooting my program, repairing it with ...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

unexpected conversion trouble

Copy a 2007 Word table into Excel
What is the most efficient way of copying a 2007 Word Table into excel? Excel 2007 seems to handle this differently than it did before. -- Thanks for the help More detail would help. What's happening when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "tinks" <tinks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998D16BE-4E16-4B4E-B428-ACA930976BE8@microsoft.com... > What is the most efficient way of copying a 2007 Word Table into excel? > Excel 2007 seems to handle this d...

How do I print 2 copies of a Publisher document on an A4 sheet
Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. Setup your printer for A4, in page layout select custom, landscape, type 14.8cm width, 20.997cm height. The dialogue should say "Prints two copies per sheet." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wombat" <Wombat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB398094-C64A-4642-AEED-E686513932D5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. ...

copy database to new store
We are opening another store and I would like to copy the existing database (items, cashiers, ect.) to the new stores computer but need to delete all the sales history and transactions. Can this be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Larry Yes this can be done. You can take the back-up and restore / install the database in the new store RMS system. You can also delete all sales transactions from the Admin. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc 732-791-2894 www.diviasoft.com "Larry Jenuwine" <LarryJenuwine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52087...

Copy formulas from one workbook to another
I'm using Excel 2007. I wanted to copy some formulas from one workbook to another, but it becomes pictures right away (same as choices when pictures). The paste functions work fine within the same worksheet or the same workbook. It never happened before. Can someone help? Thanks. Need additional information. Example of formula you are trying to copy will help greatly. -- tech1NJ "Ming" wrote: > I'm using Excel 2007. I wanted to copy some formulas from one workbook to > another, but it becomes pictures right away (same as choices when pictur...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

copying formulas #3
This is probably a simple question for most of you, but I have an exce file that contains approx. 400 sheets, with a summary sheet. How do copy a simple formula to read Cell B1, but the next sheet needs to rea Cell B2 and so on. Example: Sheet #1 is the summary, then sheets 2-40 have a title taken from the summary, so if I do a typical copy formula it keeps reading Cell B1. Hope my question is clear!!! Thanks -- Ladkin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ladkins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3252 View t...

Trouble with "time" in formulas
I have a time sheet that looks something like this: A1=time...A2=time...A3=A2-A1+if(A1/24,1)...A4=if(or(A3<time(0,15,0),A3>time(4,0,0)),A3,time(4,0,0)) A1 and A2 are set up as dropdown lists and the times in the list are i increments of 15 minutes. WHat I'm trying to accomplish is (in cell A4 if A3 is between 15 minutes and 4 hours, then return 4 hours. if A3 i 0 or greater than 4 hours, return A3. If I enter enter times in A1 around 00:00 and A2 a little after 00:0 it works fine... example: A1=22:00...A2=01:00...A3=03:00...A4=04:00 A1=20:30...A2=00:15...A3=03:45...A4=04:00 A1=00...

trouble
I have been using my MS Publisher 2000 for over 3 years. Just recently I attempted to access the Publisher program and got the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup fom the location where you originally installed the application." I have done everything I know to fix this including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I don't understand what happened overnight nor do I understand the instruction "run from the location you originally installed the program". I can not access the numerous publicaions that I have cr...

Trouble sorting a table???
Using Excel 2002) I am relatively new to Excel and can only really perform simple functions in a basic spreadsheet. The spreadsheet I'm having trouble with is pretty basic, but I'm having trouble sorting some of the results from a table. (I'll try and explain as best as I can) I have 10 people that I'm tracking 5 different things for (dates, debts, credits, items, number of transactions, and their balance as calculated in this table by simple SUM functions) I then have another table with these same 10 people with their total balance. This is the table I'm having t...