Trendline partial data

I am trying to add a trendline to a process variable on a line-chart and use
it to predict when remedial action is required. When the data parameter is
reset, the trendline automatically takes in this new set of figures and
attaches it to the previous, giving a totally skewed analysis. Is there any
way that I can select only some of the data to trend? Then as the reset data
grows, only to select the new series from the process?
Thanks

Hi David,

Jon Peltier has a site that mentioned about dynamic charts which I find
useful and you might want to check this out.
You should find your solution there. You might need to modified a bit to
suit what you really wants (at least that is what I do).

"David Taylor" wrote:

> I am trying to add a trendline to a process variable on a line-chart and use
> it to predict when remedial action is required. When the data parameter is
> reset, the trendline automatically takes in this new set of figures and
> attaches it to the previous, giving a totally skewed analysis. Is there any
> way that I can select only some of the data to trend? Then as the reset data
> grows, only to select the new series from the process?
> Thanks
You need to add a series that contains only the data you want included
in the trendline.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 5/19/2010 5:00 AM, David Taylor wrote:
> I am trying to add a trendline to a process variable on a line-chart and use
> it to predict when remedial action is required. When the data parameter is
> reset, the trendline automatically takes in this new set of figures and
> attaches it to the previous, giving a totally skewed analysis. Is there any
> way that I can select only some of the data to trend? Then as the reset data
> grows, only to select the new series from the process?
> Thanks
0
Jon

How can I replace data in excel ?...Data positionsis a bit complic
Hello, I have in a cell : 250-PSA-AD46 I would like to replace 250 & AD46 by a space and keep the dashes and PSA in the middle. That was an example of the data I have ..Generically I would like to keep the data no matter what it is in the middle, and replace the others by a space!!! Thx ...a lot!!! Lets say your data is in cell A1: =REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,1,3,),6,4, -- renega ----------------------------------------------------------------------- renegan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1045 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

outlook data recovery from CD
Rifleman, I have copied the data from the CD into a temp folder on the hard drive, and un-did the read only attribute, but am having difficulties from there. I have tried different ways to import the recovered WAB folder data, but can't figure it out. Can view it, so I know it's there. I just don't know how to get it to where it needs to be on the in use outlook. Can't seem to make any of the import/export options work. Am I going to have to key them all in? Also, in the other recovered data folders that are the personal folders and email content - they all have ...

Big Data
Dear, I have a data 25 coloums and 60 rows containing % values, which graph i will choose good presantaion and how can i make. Please help me. Thanking you Hi sounds like an X/Y scatter diagram. But you may explain this with some more detail :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Raashid wrote: > Dear, > I have a data 25 coloums and 60 rows containing % values, > which graph i will choose good presantaion and how can i > make. > Please help me. > Thanking you Dear Frank, X/Y scattert is not showing good chart, my data is construction of villas, rows included...

words as data for formula or chart
How can i crate a chart that would use words as data so basically the charts formula would count words in column to output value for example: I have a column where there are words: YES, NO, MAYBE etc... (all in one column) and I like on the chart to show that there are so many words YES, so many words NO, so many words MAYBE etc... in that column.. It could show a bar besically the longest means there is the most of these words ets... Is it possible? Thanks You can create a pivot table from the list, to get a quick summary of the data: Add a heading to the top of the list (e.g....

activesync 2 phones with same data
Sorry if this is the wrong group. I want to use activsync to sync the same data to two phones. My problem is that with two 'owners' I'm getting either doubling of data (contacts, tasks etc) or only one phone syncs. I want the computer to hold the master record. I'm using office 2007. I'm flummoxed. Any ideas? AndyPandy "AndyPandy" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote in message news:ko2ns4tvrs8s7jl5q9r72k1ubs7c8e7rhq@4ax.com... > Sorry if this is the wrong group. > I want to use activsync to sync the same data to two phones. > My problem is that with two ...

rpc over http partially broken
I have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 backend server on my internal lan, and a Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 front end server out in my DMZ. Last night, after I upgraded the FE server to Exchange SP2, I started having problems with rpc over http. When I start outlook with the /rpcdiag flag, and connect to the FE server, all the connections of type "Mail," connect right away, and enter the "Established" state. However, the connections of type "Directory," never get beyond "Connecting." Prior to upgrading the FE server to SP2 I had no problems, with...

resumes and applicant data
Hello: On GP 10.0, is it possible to somehow import resumes into the Human Resources module? I have had several clients request this over the years, and I have always chalked it up to a customization. Also, if a client for whatever reason does not have Business Portal, can applicants enter their applications online and have the data go directly into GP HR? childofthe1980s There's not a way off the shelf for applicants to go into GP unless you buy a license for them. There's not a tool available from MS to import resume data into HR. I'm not aware of a third-party appli...

Aggregating data
Hello All: I've already found a great deal of help reading the archives, but I'm now stuck with a structural issue. I am building a spreadsheet to track recurring training requirements for each of the pilots in my corporate flight operation. This is my first attempt at vba and I�m stuck in a few spots. I have one sheet for each pilot with a list of training requirements on each. The last training date is entered for each requirement and the sheet calculates the next due date for each of 15 training requirements based on different variables. My largest problem is creating a rep...

Calculate Data Field To Data Field in Pivot Table?
Is it possible to create a formula that calculates one data field to another inside a pivot table? For example if I create a SUM in the data field, can I multple that SUM times a percentage in another data field? Is this too simple? You can create a calculated field in a pivot table, and it will use the Sum of underlying values for each field in the calculation. So you could create a formula that includes a percentage, e.g.: =Field1 * Field2 *.05 Ronster wrote: > Is it possible to create a formula that calculates one data field to > another inside a pivot table? For example i...

More Data requested increases runtime exponentially.
I have a report. It consists of 5 sub reports. Each works from it's own query which in turn are all based on the same base query. They just sort and subtotal the data in different ways. This all comes down to a Customer sales "report card", one customer to a page, driven by a list of customer numbers. If I put one customer # in that list, I get a result, meaning I see page one in the preview pane, in 64 seconds. If I put two customers, it takes 75 seconds for the first page to show up. At this point, I am not sure how this progresses, except that I put 240 customers...

How to use XML file as data set ?
I have a simple VB.NET Express 2008 application that works. It uses an Access 2007 database to store its data. Data is available on a form using a DataGridView with BindingSource and BindingNavigator. Access 2007 is a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a peanut, and gives me portability issues. There's only a single table and 100 records. I'd really like to use an XML data file for simplicity. I have the data in an XML file, and I have the associated schema file. How do I define a data source? XML doesn't seem to be an option. I can't see how to hook it into my p...

Partial download of attacments from OWA
Has anyone seen this? I have a handful of users that when they attempt to download or open attachments from within OWA, they partially download and then hang. Not sure what's happening as this does not happen to everyone. I don't think it's an Exchange thing because those same users can come to my PC and things work fine. Any ideas? Thanks, Dan Check the IE version and security settings on machines that work vs machines that dont. "Dan" wrote: > Has anyone seen this? I have a handful of users that when they attempt to > download or open attachments fro...

How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart?
I have a spreadsheet that I add new data to weekly. Is there a way to have the pivottables/charts refresh to include this data without recreating them? If I try to do extend the range of cells used to create them originally, I am unable to group dates (which I need to do) on the chart because of blank cells. You can use a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will automatically expand as rows or columns are added. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html When you refresh the pivot table, all the new data will be included. Brian Lee wr...

Trendline error???
Has anybody else had this problem? If one uses a 6 order polynomial as trendline and then s/he enters manually in an other column the same equation taken from the displayed trendline equation on the graph , the original trendline is different from the one manually entered. Excel plots the two different curves having the same equation!!! Please see an example at : http://www.geocities.com/audax/error.xls Thank you for the help. Gene Disregard the previous message. The problem is due to the rounding off. The trendline calculation is OK. Gene See my website for the use of LINEST to get coef...

Migrating Money 98 Data into Money 2006
Hi Gang, I just got a new laptop and would like nothing more than to move my money 99 data into my new copy of Money 2006. However, everything inside of the program indicates that this is not supported. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Perhaps I could buy Money 2000, upgrade my money 99, and then migrate Money 2000 files into 2006? I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks a Bunch, Sue Staats Hi Guys, I'm sue's repair man I have Money 2004 and Money 2005. Will either of those be able to migrate her data? Thanks, Christian Sue Staats wrote: > Hi Gang, > > ...

data damaged
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I have been using for several months. I opened it this morning and all the data on the sheet had been turned into symbols. When I open it there is a message that says the format is unrecognizabe and asks if I want to open it anyway. When I do all that is there are the symbols. I've tried recovery programs and the open and repair option in excel. Could anyone tell me what has happened? And what I might do about it...I do not have a backup..I know I should have:(...please if anyone knows what happened please let me know. Any chance you opened the work...

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph
I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with Month as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a Pivot Table chart. I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click for Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out. How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns? If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your trendline. Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts...

How to display out data in CRM web application
Dear all, I want to display ourself some data in CRM web application, anyone know how to do it? I know how to add button in Main navigation pane etc, But If I want to display my data, Whehter we must write a asp.net programme connect to our database ddisplay it alone? how to intergrate to CRM? Thanks for any help! "Steven" <sn_aa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OJs4PUJ7DHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to display ourself some data in CRM web application, anyone know how > to do it? I know how to add button in Main navigation pane etc, But If I > want t...

Looking up data in various columns
Hi all, It is possible to do the following: Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E 123 456 No 789 Yes I would like to enter a three digit number i.e. 123 in column A and for it then to lookup for the identical number in Column C and return the number in Column D to Column B if Column E equals "No". If I was to enter the number 123 in Column A and Column E equals "Yes" then I want to notify the user via a message box (if possible) that this number is incorrect and needs to be ...

Trendlines in graphs
Hi all! I have an interesting question. I am ploting a graph where the X axis is by months and the Y axis is the number of parts produced. Some months we do not produce any parts; therefore, the Y axis is "0" at that time. When I put a trend line on the chart, it sees the "0" as a computable data point. A line is then generated but is off from the true trend. The true trend can be generated if I remove all the non producing months. Is there a way to specify specific groups of cells in a column that you want to use in a trendline analysis--sort of hop scotch ...

Printing data from a form
Is there a way of printing required data out from a form. I have 3 forms with data for 3 different locations, and I would like to be able to print the records from the form as required. I have tried googling for an answer to this but can't find anything as yet. Thanks Bob H wrote: > Is there a way of printing required data out from a form. > I have 3 forms with data for 3 different locations, and I would like to > be able to print the records from the form as required. > > I have tried googling for an answer to this but can't find anything as yet. >...

Sorting Data & Updating Automatically
I have a list of names with corresponding numbers (sales data) and I a wondering if there is a way that when I change the numbers, the lis sorts automatically and updates itself and ranks from highest t lowest. I know how to do it manually but is there a way to sor automatically? TIA -- sabunab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sabunabu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2939 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49792 So is this not possible -- sabunab -----------------------...

How can I eliminate rows that contain the same data as the row ab.
How can I compare rows in Excel aand eliminate those rows that have duplicate information in them? Use data>filter>advanced filter, select unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mjlucas49" <mjlucas49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56E5DD0C-E9D0-4C25-8956-C96F285D320B@microsoft.com... > How can I compare rows in Excel aand eliminate those rows that have duplicate > information in them? ...

Merging Data #2
How may I merge my data onto a business card format stock, so that I will be able to place individual information on each card. This stock has ten cards to a page and I need to run approx 2500 names. Thank You ! Ken I'm not sure of what you want since I'm not familiar with "business card format stock", but it sounds like a label stock and you want to populate each label. Is that right? This can be done with VBA using a looping code to run through all 2500 names. If you wish, send me a sample of what you are working with and I'll try to help. My email ad...

Converting horizontal data to vertical data.
I have a worksheet with the following data. account name date checkno payment date checkno payment etc 100 fred 1/1/03 1234 35.45 2/1/03 3445 234.30 The spread sheet columns go to A to IU. What I need is each date,checkno ,payment group to be a new record for that account. The data is going to be populated into a SQL Server db. I have played around with doing a reverse pivot table, but I can't get the results I need. Any ideas on the fastest way to do this, would be appreciated. Thanks -- Dwight Trumbower T Systems Corp www.tsystemscorp.com Dwight, Select the entire table, an...