Trendline error???

Has anybody else had this problem? If one uses a 6 order polynomial as
trendline and then s/he enters manually in an other column the same equation
taken from the displayed trendline equation on the graph , the original
trendline is different from the one manually entered. Excel plots the two
different curves having the same equation!!!
Please see an example at : http://www.geocities.com/audax/error.xls
Thank you for the help.
Gene

0
Eugepticus

Disregard the previous message. The problem is due to the rounding off. The
trendline calculation is OK.
Gene

0
Eugepticus
11/26/2004 7:17:55 PM
See my website for the use of LINEST to get coefficients of polynomial fit
into cells
Then you are using Excel's maximum precision.

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Eugepticus" <private@email.000> wrote in message
> Disregard the previous message. The problem is due to the rounding off.
> The
> trendline calculation is OK.
> Gene

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
11/29/2004 8:34:27 PM
Thanks for the lead. Interesting site!
Gene

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> See my website for the use of LINEST to get coefficients of polynomial fit
> into cells
> Then you are using Excel's maximum precision.
>
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove CAPS in email address

0
Eugepticus

Outlook.ost file error
Hello all: One of the users in our office is having Outlook 2003 issue, every now and then "Microsoft Office Outlook Offline Folders: the file C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\outlook.ost is in use and could not be accessed. Close any application that is using this file, and then try again." error message is popping up. I even tried deleting the old OST file and creating a new one but the user still has the same problem. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Note: This users machine is up to date with all the Microsoft Windo...

Strange HBRUSH Error
I am trying to make the background of an edit box white, but not the other backgrounds. I used the same code as below for another window in my application successfully, but for some reason here it does not work in this window. Any ideas? If it matters, CLimitDlg is a dialog winodw created when a button in the main window is selected (with the DoModal() function). The error is in the last line. The "if" line and subsequent 1 line of code works. It's the "else" line that causes a crash. HBRUSH CLimitDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { if((pWnd-...

Error 3163
I hope someone can help me with this error. I have tried many different solutions with no luck. I have form where tax credit information is entered. The form is based on a query based on a table where I have defined a 50 character text field called "CreditType". I set up a combo box on the form which has a value list of three entries. The entries are "State"; "Sales Tax Savings - XXX"; "Sales Tax Savings - Customer" The next field on the form enables the user to select a two character state code from a State table. When the user selects the Credit Typ...

Error Message
This is more of an irritation than a serious problem. I recently purchased a new computer and used a program called "AlohaBob PC Relocator" to transfer all my files, including program files, from my old Windows 98 computer to my new Windows XP computer. Now when I open any Excel file, or just open Excel from the program menu, I get the following error message: 'C:\Program Files\Add-ins\addinmgr.xla' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used...

pub 2k/win 2k error
"Required reg info is missing and this app cannot run. Pls rerun setup to correct this prob" Win 2k machine upgraded from Win 95(all patches drivers installed, everything else works but Ofc 2000) Win 2k AD Domain user (local admins group) gets above error when trying to user Publisher 2000. The Administrator gets no such error. Also... every time a user trys an Office 2000 app they get "loading app" msg. The Administrator gets no such msg. Tried uninstalling; repairing remove/add Office app with no success. PUB2000: Publisher Does Not Start; Error Message: A Required .dll ...

Error codes
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to apply rules to messages in my inbox, I have created 2 new rules and have highlighted all the messages to apply the rules, except it can't apply the rules as an error code 4362 comes up. What does it mean and how can I rectify it? On 2010-02-04 07:42:53 -0500, Wigs_Catto@officeformac.com said: > I am trying to apply rules to messages in my inbox, I have created 2 > new rules and have highlighted all the messages to apply the rules, > except it can't apply the rules as an error ...

Trendline error???
Has anybody else had this problem? If one uses a 6 order polynomial as trendline and then s/he enters manually in an other column the same equation taken from the displayed trendline equation on the graph , the original trendline is different from the one manually entered. Excel plots the two different curves having the same equation!!! Please see an example at : http://www.geocities.com/audax/error.xls Thank you for the help. Gene Disregard the previous message. The problem is due to the rounding off. The trendline calculation is OK. Gene See my website for the use of LINEST to get coef...

reported error (0x8004210A):
I have just installed Office 2003, over Office XP Pro. Outlook reports this error on all email accounts, I have tried deleting the accounts and re-installing them to no avail. I have Google searched, for answers but, none give a clear answer. Task 'smtp server name - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provide (ISP).' -- Ride safe Barry <���> abbl@att.net Sunny Ocala, FL 34482, USA ...

What are these errors?
somedomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, relaying denied from your location [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] (#5.7.1)> AND mx48.sjc.ebay.com #5.7.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 <someone@yahoo.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [66.135.197.29] ?????? BrianMultiLanguage wrote: > somedomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, relaying denied from your > location [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] (#5.7.1)> > AND > mx48.sjc.ebay.com #5.7.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 <someone@yahoo.com>... > Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [66.135.197.29] > > ?????? Your public IP may not have a reverse lookup in DNS. C...

client error
I recently ran SP 4 on my Exchange 5.5 server It was worrking fine then the users could not send email they can receive but mnot send getting this error Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Abba Trading;l=ABBNET-040212015312Z-193 any suggestions Thanks What do you see in your app event logs? jay wrote: > I recently ran SP 4 on my Exchange 5.5 server It was > worrking fine then the users could not send email they > can receive but mnot send getting this error > > Unable to deliver the message d...

Trendlines in graphs
Hi all! I have an interesting question. I am ploting a graph where the X axis is by months and the Y axis is the number of parts produced. Some months we do not produce any parts; therefore, the Y axis is "0" at that time. When I put a trend line on the chart, it sees the "0" as a computable data point. A line is then generated but is off from the true trend. The true trend can be generated if I remove all the non producing months. Is there a way to specify specific groups of cells in a column that you want to use in a trendline analysis--sort of hop scotch ...

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph
I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with Month as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a Pivot Table chart. I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click for Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out. How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns? If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your trendline. Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts...

weighted trendline
Can anyone tell me if it possible to weight a linear trendline in excel? Like a calibration line where you can weight by 1/x where x is the variance at each point on the line. Hi, I don't believe that can be done with anything built into the trendline chart feature, but you can use the trendline formula in the spreadsheet and then apply your weighting to it. Then plot that rather than the built-in trendline. You can get the formula of the trendline from the chart by choosing to display it or in the spreadsheet by using the LINEST function or the related SLOPE and INTERCEPT func...

Password Error
When setting up the email account outlook 2000 automaticaly checks the "remember password" box and the password box is blank. When I enter a password for each account,check the remember password box, and then hit apply, outlook send/recieve will work. When I close outlook I have to go through the whole process all over again because the program is not keeping the password(s). ...

Error Using NTBackup on Information Store
Could anyone point me in the direction to solve this error. Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "20060515.bkf created 5/15/2006 at 10:39 AM" Backup of "DELL-6450-4SK7B\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Set created 5/15/2006 at 10:39 AM" Media name: "20060515.bkf created 5/15/2006 at 10:39 AM" Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 5/15/2006 at 10:40 AM. Folder DELL-6450-4SK7B\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (DELL-6450-4S...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...

Increaseing Precision in polynomial trendline equations
How can I increase the precision in Excel's "Display Equation" option for trendlines? I am trying to fit a polynomial regression (trendline) to a X, Y scatterplot I have created. Excel's built-in trendline function shows a good fit (R2=0.9999) for a 6th order polynomial, however, If I re-plot the data using the coefficients from the "Display equation" option, the data diverge significantly. Apparently, for high order polynomials, you need to have a high level of precision in your coefficients (many decimal places accurate) in order to actually re-plot the same ...

Trendline
How can I create multiple trendlines on one graph i.e I have a graph with 5 years data and I want to show a linear trendline for each year on the same line? You need each year plotted as a separate data series, then follow Mike's advise best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Carlo" <Carlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F847B4B-9C32-464A-82F9-001A340A67FB@microsoft.com... > How can I create multiple trendlines on one graph i.e I have a graph with > 5 > years data and I wa...

Portal user gets IComparer error
I have a user that is getting an error message when she logs into the Portal. The Business Portal home page comes up but the title bar and tab area does not display. This error is in its place... "The navigation control was unable to generate a display due to the following error: Specified IComparer threw an exception." The error follows the user, regardless of machine. Also, I can log onto the Portal from her machine without error. Deleting her from BP and re-adding her solved the problem, but it reoccurred about two weeks later. We are on GP 8.0 and BP 2.7. \ Any i...

vba error 6 overflow
Hey, In my userform I calculate formulas that come into my Access database. These are doubles, so when I fill in 0 I get error 13 saying I can't fill that i because that will cause an overflow. When I try with with errormessages to get passed error 13 I get the overflow problem. My problem is that sometimes it should be possible to fill in 0 but that my formula then sets it's value tot 0 or something. Is there someone who could help me out with this? This is an example of a line with a formula: rs!Acid_test = (CDbl(TekstVla) - CDbl(TekstVVKT)) / CDbl(TekstVoor) So when I fill in ...

conversion error
We are upgrading from v7 to v8 and receive the following error: "the conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed". What is the cause of this error? Note that another post mentioned that views, tables or stored procuedures named with dashes or spaces in the name can cause this problem. I've already checked that we don't have any. Thanks! Does it refer to the table that it encountered the error on? When ever I encountered this error. I found that is was because it was having difficulty with a dynamics work table. I would h...

POP3 Error (0x800CCC92)
I am running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I am configuring Outlook to use a POP3 to access a user account mail box. The mailbox works fine with the exchange server, but with POP3, I get the following error message when using the user's email address with his account name and password for the log on information: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.' ...

Excel: Can I force a linear trendline through the origin?
Yes, open at the Option tab when you make (or format) a trendline There is a text box to set intercept to any value (including 0) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0487508-C3C9-46C9-A7E3-EA42B60016E2@microsoft.com... > I have done that, but it is not working. Perhaps it is because I am plotting a log-log graph and therefore there is no actual zero value for the y-axis. But I need the line to pass through the origin, and because the data covers severa...

Posting Errors
Testing the connection between RMS and QB Pro 2006, I keep getting an error that says "Transaction Not In Balance", but it is. Is there a way to back and check and or correct this? Make a backup of your database. in SO Manager, File/Configuration, change the Accounting Integration type to RMS XML try posting the batch - you will have to give it a file name. open the resulting XML File in notepad (Or an XML Editor like XML Spy if you have one) the file will show you all of the credits and debits and the account they are posted to. Add up all Of the Credits Add up all of the ...