Trend line wont go through the origin

I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a
trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this?
0
NeoDS (4)

Look in the Trendline Options tab; you can specify the value required fro
the intercept - in your case 0
To get the slope's value into a cell, do not copy the trendline equation but
rather use the SLOPE function. I am assuming you have a linear expression
(must graphs I used in teaching chem were linear); if no see my website to
learn about LINEST.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"NeoDS" <NeoDS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a
> trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Finding a line intersect
I have a chart with a number of intersecting lines. Can Excel or a plugin show me the XY values of the intersections? Mike Hi Mike, Maybe this will help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Mike Lipphardt wrote: > I have a chart with a number of intersecting lines. Can Excel or a plugin > show me the XY values of the intersections? > > Mike > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

What is the issue with working with an Access DB in an on-line/off-line environment
Hi All I use an Access DB for my VB front-end and 95% of my users are laptops/desktops linking to a Domain/Win server/Active Directory setup. I currently have the Access DB and VB app located in the program folder of a PC, but as many users may use the same laptop/desktop as they login to their own specific user account I'm looking to move the access db to the user's My Docs folder (re-directed from the server with off-line access enabled on the laptops and disabled on the desktops) so that each user can run up the program, but actually connect to their data file (access db) v...

Small problem with a line chart
Hi I have a smal problem with a line chart. The chart shows progress of my teams league points over a season, the data is derived from a series of rows which I fill in after a game. In the data, I am using COUNTBLANK to have a blank cell until the row contains data EG =IF(COUNTBLANK(P53:Y53)>0,"",((P53+U53)*3)+Q53+V53) The problem is that the data series assumes unfilled rows (IE the future unplayed games) are zero, so there is a line that connects from the top of my line down to the zero on my X axis. I would just like the line to stop at the last value. Can anyone suggest a w...

linear trend lines
can anyone help? I have to put 95% confidence intervals around a linear trend line. How do I work out the values for the trend line? I am using a scatter graph with 2 sets of data. Please help! --- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The confidence bound for the estimated line at x is =FORECAST(x,known_y's,known_x's) +/- TINV((1-conf)*2,COUNT(known_y's)-2) *STEYX(known_y's,known_x's) *SQRT(1/COUNT(known_y's)+(x-AVERAGE(known_x's))^2/DEVSQ(known_x's)) the confidence bound for an individual observation at x is =FORECAST(x,known_y's,kn...

write XML with line feeds?
Hello World, any idea how I can convince MSXML.IXMLDOMDocument to save the XML files using CR/LF? I need to manually edit the XML files and it's awkward if everything is in one huge line. -- Arthur Hoornweg (please remove the ".net" from my e-mail address) Looks like you are using the MSXML 3.0 or 4.0 via COM? If you are doing this from a .NET environment, you can automate the indentation by passing the string through an XML Writer. If you just need it for viewing purposes, you could use some XML editor. VS.NET does a decent job. Also XML Spy & Cooktop. -Naraen ...

Grid lines
I can't get my grid lines to work on Excel. Any suggestions? What does >I can't get my grid lines to work on Excel mean? Do ypou mean that they don't print? If so try: File > Page Setup > Sheet and check the Gridlines box in the Print section or you can put borders around the cells Format > Cells > Borders -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "W. Wells" <otf70@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:NaLZg.949$337.517@southea...

Line Items skipped in PO Generation
We are currently using Dynamics GP v9.0. Our Purchasing Agent has been having a problem now for a couple of months when printing Purchase Orders - As she enters each item, they show correctly on the screen (1, 2, 3, etc), however upon printing the PO, line 2 (or 3) is left blank and then becomes 3 or whatever the next line item would be. The item is not 'skipped' on the PO, just moved down one line item, thus creating a 'blank' line item so that the vendor then thinks there is a line item missing. Any suggestions? This is happening whether there are two items or 20. t...

How do I create a line graphs with months labelled in the X-axis?
I am trying to create a simple line graph with months labelled in the X axis and the frequency of an event noted in the Y axis? How do I do this? I have turned on the date feature and all of the tick marks are labelled J for January. I suspect you have multiple observations for January. In order to show January only once, you'll need to have just one January observation. "Aisha Khan" <Aisha Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD812177-FE02-443B-88BF-4C9DE87B72DD@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a simple line graph with months labelled in...

How to Delete Dark Horizontal line
My husband was revamping a spread sheet at work and somehow added 2 dark horizontal lines (column lines). He highlighted the whole column so it goes on forever. How do you eliminate the line in area where no data has been inputted? Also, how do you change the dark line to a lighter one....as well how did he add a darker horizontal line other than what shows on the border box. Thanks Silly Patty Select the same column Use Format Cells open the Border tab; adjust the borders as needed Get hubby "Excel for Dummies" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remo...

Using Trend
I have data like this: A B A B A B A B 1 10 2 20 3 30 4 ? The trend formula is =trend (known y, [known x],new x) Generally we select the known y values which are in continuous cells, and then select known x values, after which for a new x value – y-values could be estimated. But is there any way that this could be done by selecting y and x – values which are in non-contiguous cells( like values if present in alternative cells) Thanks Answered under separate threads in charting and programming newsgroups. Jerry vijaya wrote: > I have data like th...

Task Time Line
Hi there, I have been using excel for year to make simple spreadsheets but now I have been tasked with creating a sort of task time line bu have no idea how! I want the dates down the side (How would you exclude weekends??) Then I want a button where the user can "add a task" the user wil enter a task name, start date and effort, ie length of time required t complete. Excel will then automatically "block" fill the releivent time period. But to make things even more complicated, if the user adds a task tha has a start date the starts in the middle of another task (Say the ...

Command Button wont take click after editing text box
Hi All I have a form which has a text box as the last part where the user needs to enter data. This text box has a date input mask configured. Under this last text box is a command button which the user must click to confirm and add the data that they just entered. The problem is then when a user has finished adding a date in the last text box then try to click the command button the command button will not take the click for some reason. It is as though the text box with the date will not release the focus or something similar. The user has to click around the form in a haphazrd manner unt...

Scientific plotting, non-zero x-axis origin, and number labeling
I want to plot some spectroscopy data. The range of x-data (wavelength) is from 270 to 1100 nm. However, I would like the x-axis lablels to read only 300, 400, etc., rather than 270, 370, 470... Is there any way in Excel 2003 or later to change the position on the axis where number labeling begins? I know this is possible in other plotting programs, but would prefer Excel for student use. Thanks for any help one way or the other. "Viterbo Mike" <Viterbo Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5A6621-40A9-4034-8612-02F12A7F1AA2@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Insert a line and maintain formatting
Hi I have Excel 2002, how do I insert a line and maintain the formatting sequence of the cells above and below where I have inserted the line. thanks Daniel Hi Daniel Insert the row needed and then choose the row above click on the format painter and then click on the row you just inserted. All cells in the row will pick up the formatting of the row above. Cheers Rob "Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message news:OBN02vk9FHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > I have Excel 2002, how do I insert a line and maintain the formatting > sequence of t...

Trends / Trended items
I've got Version 11 - it doesn't say the year and I can't remember (2003 perhaps?). I find the forecast cash flow feature very useful but also very inaccurate as some items seem to get picked up as likely recurring expenditure or income, and some do not. Is there a better way of controlling this, and has it been improved in later versions? You have a couple of choices here with the forecast cash flow. You can use 'trended' items, which Money calculates based on previous spending. You could use budgeted items instead or turn both off. With 2003, you may be able ...

Large emails going to Badmail
Exchange 2003. I've been searching high and low for an answer, but no one seems to know. I have set my global settings for incoming/outgoing email to be limited to 6MB. I need to be able to override this on a user-by-user basis. So I go into ADUC and modify my account so that it is set at 20MB for both incoming and outgoing email. However, when I attempt to send a 7MB email attachment, that email goes directly to my Badmail folder without ever attempting to go out. Watching the SMTP queues in Exchanage Manager reveal that a connection attempt is never even made - straight to Badmail ...

Trend line through the origin
I have three points (sometimes four) on a scatter graph. I need the formula for the best fit straight line through them that also goes exactly through the origin (0,0). an example of data would be: Test 1 X = 202.64, Y = 226.59 Test 2 X = 301.34, Y = 335.99 Test 3 X = 400.03, Y = 450.45 Alan See help for LINEST, or use =SUMPRODUCT(ydata,xdata)/SUMSQ(xdata) Jerry Alan Cocks wrote: > I have three points (sometimes four) on a scatter graph. > I need the formula for the best fit straight line through them that also > goes exactly through the origin (0,0). > >...

line graphs
how do I graph column B vs column A EXCEL 2007 Please go to:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ There are 6 examples of Line Charts. Item numbers:- 69 / 55 / 53 / 49 / 48 and 44. You can take your choice as to which is best for you (they are all similar though). If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "khw" wrote: > how do I graph column B vs column A ...

How do I add a reference line to Excel charts?
I want to add a simple horizontal line across a chart that represents the average of the lines of plotted data, in my case monthly grocery expenditures. The data is graphed in a simple bar format, and I'd just like an average line that stands out. see tushar methta's page http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html roswellmike <roswellmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45F0F11B-8D2B-4401-A16D-6A9BD27458E2@microsoft.com... > I want to add a simple horizontal line across a chart that represents the > average of the lines of ...

dividing lines
I have made a continueous form in Access and when I switch to the print preview, I can see the dividing lines on the screen. However when I print the form, the dividing lines do not appear on the paper. I use Office 2007 with SP2. When I perform the same actions on a machine with Office 2007 SP1, the dividing lines are shown on the print preview as well as on the printout. Can anyone help me with this issue. -- bosje On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 04:21:01 -0800, bosje <email@voorbeeld.com> wrote: I'm not sure how to answer your question, other than to say that forms are rea...

My Outlook still wont send... help please
I have been using Outlook 2003 for ages to access my BtInternet mail, and now all of a sudden i am being asked to confirm my network password over and over, and regardless it still will not send my mail. I can recieve mail fine but not send... I have been on to Yahoo and it sends ok. I have removed the account and reset it. I have checked and confirmed the settings about a million times :-). But it is still asking me. I have a feeling it is a problem with the program (or been hit with a virus of some kind), I did uninstal it and re-instaled, but there must be some settings it does n...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

alternate lines
Hello I would like to apply conditional formatting so that every 2 lines has shading on the next 2 lines. Example 1 yellow 2 yellow 3 white 4 white 5 yellow 6 yellow and so on hope that makes sense Thank you Jenny Hi Select the whole range of cells you wish to shade. Format>>Conditional Formatting>Formula Is> =OR(MOD(ROW(),4)=0,MOD(ROW),4)=3) Format>Fill colour>Yellow -- Regards Roger Govier "JB" <somehow@somewhere> wrote in message news:ufKEtJUAJHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello > I would like to apply conditional formatting so that every...

Hi, Any keyboard shortcut/Menu Item to go back to last selected Worksheet/ tab in excel workbook. e.g. Excel having four tabs/sheets a b c d, I moved to d from b, and i want to go back to b. I have a Workbook with 20+ sheets/Tabs inside it. Thanks Avi Avi, did you end up getting an answer on this? I am having the same problem. Thanks, yossi (USA) > On Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:25 AM Avi wrote: > Hi, > > Any keyboard shortcut/Menu Item to go back to last selected Worksheet/ > tab in excel workbook. e.g. Excel having four tabs/sheets a b c d, I > moved to d from b, and ...

Auto enter subject line in outlook?
Hi all, is it possible to have the subject bar filled in automatically from words in the message body itself? message in brackets[] [Eg. Subject:Appointment at 1215 on 5 may 2010 message: Dear sir, you have an apointment at 1215 on 5th may 2010 , thanks.] is it possible to have the date and time automatically filled in/replaced when i type the actual date and time in the message body? Thanks. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com As there's no event for that, it could work with a timer: Check at intervals the content of the Body property. And if you dete...