transfering data from a table to a line graph

Hey,

I thought I remembered how to plot these things, but obviously not.
Basically, I need to plot a rate (y-axis) against concentration (x-axis)
graph for a piece of Biology coursework. I've tried everything I can remember
and I can't even get the scale correct. Please help me - my deadline is fast
approaching!

These are my results:

Concentration	Rate
5 cm3	     0.16 cm3/s
10 cm3	     0.33 cm3/s
15 cm3	     0.91 cm3/s
20 cm3	     2.11 cm3/s
25 cm3	     2.99 cm3/s

Many Thanks!
0
batyeshua (1)

You need to plot values. If you type "5 cm3" in a cell, you are entering
text, so the value in the chart will look like zero. Enter just the numbers
in the cells, then select the data and create a chart. You're a scientist,
so you'll do better with an XY chart. Choose the option that connects points
with a line if you prefer.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"batyeshua" <batyeshua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I thought I remembered how to plot these things, but obviously not.
> Basically, I need to plot a rate (y-axis) against concentration (x-axis)
> graph for a piece of Biology coursework. I've tried everything I can
> remember
> and I can't even get the scale correct. Please help me - my deadline is
> fast
> approaching!
>
> These are my results:
>
> Concentration Rate
> 5 cm3      0.16 cm3/s
> 10 cm3      0.33 cm3/s
> 15 cm3      0.91 cm3/s
> 20 cm3      2.11 cm3/s
> 25 cm3      2.99 cm3/s
>
> Many Thanks!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

CPropertyPage data
How is the data gathered when the last page of a CPropertySheet (wizard mode) class fires the OnWizardFinish button event? The member variables in each page appear to have valid data in them but I cannot figure out how to make use of it when the finish button is clicked. Mark F. wrote: > How is the data gathered when the last page of a CPropertySheet (wizard > mode) class fires the OnWizardFinish button event? The member variables > in each page appear to have valid data in them but I cannot figure out > how to make use of it when the finish button is clicked. The usual wa...

about transfer order

Transfering messages

Sorting data question
Hi, I have 200 rows of data in one colum, each row contains a random number but the total column value is 200. I want to sort the data into 4 approximately equal sized blocks (adding up to 50). Just a bit stuck as to where to start the filtering process if there is one that can do this? Cheers Chris ...

Data Load Performance
Running SQL 2008 SP1 I am comparing a data load into a Heap Table and a Clustered Table. The schema from each follows: CREATE TABLE dbo.HeapTable( HeapTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100)) CREATE TABLE dbo.ClusteredTable( ClusteredTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100), CONSTRAINT IX_ClusteredTable_ClusteredTable_UID_Col1 PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (ClusteredTable_UID, Col1) ) CREATE NONCLUSTER...

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

HR Position Transfers

does the /cleanprofile command line switch work with Outlook 2010?
I deleted the registry entries for Outlook without backing up my registry (as I should have), and I am now looking for a way to restore them. From my research, it looks like the "/cleanprofile" command line switch would do the trick. However, when I try it with Outlook 2010, I get an error message saying the argument is not valid and to verify it. Am i using the argument with improper syntax? Is it still available with this version of Outlook? If it is no longer supported with 2010, is there a replacement that does the same thing? Am I going down the wrong path ...

Summing Data based on Its Category
I have a spread sheet that has data on buldings set up in such a way that the rows are different room types and the columns are Floor Type and Sq. Footage. At the bottom of the sheet I have a row that gives total square footage for each floor type of all the rooms combined. Right now I am using the Sum() function but I have to go through and individually select sq footages for the respective floor type. For example if 3 rooms have a cement floor I look down the sq footage column and sum the ones that have "cement" in the floor type column, and same with capret, etc. respec...

Windows Easy Transfer

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Data Shifting Between Records
Has anyone ever had experience with data moving from one record to another? I have a form in which I'm using the FMS rich text control ("Total Access Memo"). Several times when there has been an error (such as the user unable to print, or other error), the user finds that data in one or two of the rich text fields are actually data that had previously been saved in another record. This has happened two or three times in the past few months. And, while not a frequent problem, it is especially troubling when it happens. I've checked the FMS web site, and haven't seen...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

table design question
I have table of 40 milion rows (sql 2005). There is one column, Id, which is integer (basically month), and there are 20 different values for this column (around 2 million rows per id value). At the same time, there is very long primary key on this table (12 columns, around 400 bytes), and nonclustered index on this primary key. Table is being accessed frequently by Id, so I created clustered index on this column (usually, developers create temporary tables per id, and then do further processing) to lower physical reads... Does this sound like a desirable design? I don't wan...

duplicating data
I have 2 excel worksheets, both are in different formats. Both will contain the same data but spread across different parts of the worksheets. if I have filled in the data for 1 worksheet, how can i automate this data to be filled into the other worksheet? In Sheet2 use linking formulas. Sheet2 H1 formula is =Sheet1!A1 For contiguous areas these can be copied by dragging. For non-contiguous areas..........manually enter references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:13:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have 2 excel work...

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...

Copy Unique data to a different worksheet
Worksheet 1 Date Prod Id Customer Amount 1/2 B123 John Doe 5 1/2 B123 Jane Doe 4 1/3 G456 John Smith 5 1/4 S789 Jane Smith 4 I need a formula, function, or Macro to do the following: resulting in WB 2 Copy unique Prod Id (ex. B123 is listed twice but I only need it displayed once on WB 2 with the amount of both as displayed). This to help track sales of a product quarterly. Result for Worksheet 2 Prod ID Jan Feb Mar B123 9 0 0 G456 5 ...

Average data/reduction
I have a number of worksheets where each contains two rows of data representing wind speed and direction recorded every 10sec (8636 records per day). I would like to average every 60 records so that each record on a new worksheet (or rows)represents the average wind speed and direction every 10 minutes of the day. I would also like to be able to set up a new data set with only data recorded every 10 minutes (or other time interval) represented. Any help would be much appreciated -- MC In column A of Sheet2 I have some numbers On Sheet3, I want the average of these in groups of 10 I...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Straight Line Graph
How do I create a straight line graph with simple x and y axes eg. for a conversion from celcuis to farenheit etc. I mean like a simple y=mx+b line Put a series of X values (or if it's a straight line, just the first and last X values) into one column. Using a formula in the second column, compute Y values for each X value. If you enter the formula in the top cell, you can drag to fill the cells below F C (formula, assuming "F" is in cell A1) 0 -17.8 =(A2-32)*5/9 32 0.0 =(A3-32)*5/9 100 37.8 =(A4-32)*5/9 212 100.0 =(A5-32)*5/9 Select the data, start the Chart ...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Data, lookups, and sums
I have an Excel spreadsheet as follows: Column A Dates in dd/mm/yy format Column B Additional data (text) Column C Group of figures (a) Column D Additional data (text) Column E Group of figures (b) In another spreadsheet I have: Row 1 Months going horizontally in mmm-yy format from Feb-04 to Jan-05 Row 2 Sum of figures I would like the sum of figures to be calculated as Group of figures (a) and (b) depending on what the corresponding date is. I thought this would be similar to a lookup table. However, I need to be able to add the sum of the two figures, and I need to ...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...