tick marks on all 4 sides of an x-y chart

I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale
values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and
if so how do I do it
0
Mickey1 (12)

Hi,

Hopefully a combination of these 2 will help.

http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

make chart with both horizontal-x axis vertical-y axis
I need to make a comparison chart with primary data on the x-axis and the secondary data on the y-axis. Is there a way to make this chart? On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, CEmery <CEmery@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I need to make a comparison chart with primary data on the x-axis and the >secondary data on the y-axis. Is there a way to make this chart? Choose XY (Scatter) Chart type in the menu. -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to d...

Group of Data in report.chart
I have a series of data, eq: sales, region, selling(USD). How can I display a chart(report) of total selling of my sales per region (series)? (1 chart) On the same report I also want to have Sales and Selling data - group by region. thanks ...

Christmas lights macro #4
One minor correction. The Writei2c has to be on the same line as th other stuff. I think it should read: ... myStr = "writei2c w1,(%" .. -- pmolse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pmolsen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1511 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26744 Your original post got hit by line wrap--so I matched what I saw <bg>. Does this mean you got it working? And (as a creature of habit (and copy|paste)), I sometimes add this: If you're new...

tick
hi sorry if this has been covered before.. How can insert/type a 'tick' mark into a cell? Sometimes I like want to insert 2 (or more) ticks into a cell so what I really need is to insert the mark using the keyboard. I have tried insert/picture/shapes, insert/symbol but can't find it. The closest I have come is to use insert/picture but this is obviously hopeless. Anyone help? MTIA Elwyn Hi Elwyn! First change the font using Format > Cells > Font and select Wingdings from the drop down. With the Numlock on: Hold down Alt and type 0252. On releasing Alt it prod...

ticking box
how i add ticking box in worksheet (cell) Insert a CheckBox from the Forms toolbar (View>Toolbars>Forms). To link that to acell right click on the checkbox>FormatControl>In 'Control' tab > Cell link type the cell reference say A1.. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "deeps-k" wrote: > how i add ticking box in worksheet (cell) ...

How do I compare pie charts by varying size
I would like to compare four pie-charts where the total is different in each case. I would like the difference in the size of the sample in each case to be repesented by the size of the pie Hi, Here is some VBA code to resize pie charts that might be useful. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piesizer.htm Cheers Andy puzzled wrote: > I would like to compare four pie-charts where the total is different in each > case. I would like the difference in the size of the sample in each case to > be repesented by the size of the pie -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andy...

The right side of my page doesn't print in Publisher
Publisher cuts off about 1/2" on the right side of the paper. Appears OK in print preview. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "biz" <biz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7980F4CA-A9E5-469A-9718-A358391E0DEA@microsoft.com... > Publisher cuts off about 1/2" on the right side of the paper. Appears OK in > print preview. I'm guessing you've selected horizontal printing ...

Adding multiple source data to chart
I have a column chart with two x-axis'. I have a data line representing stock prices running across the chart, and stock volume in columns. When I add a second stock price line, the first one disappears. Are the two stock prices significantly different? One in single units, the other in hundreds of dollars? Are they on the same axis? What else is unique about the data set? And, in how you are plotting it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office I...

Linked workbooks #4
Hi, I have a report template that I have just developed which is populated from 5 other spreadsheets that are emailed to me. I save these to a folder and the report template is linked to them so that when I open it it is update via the links. I then use SaveAs to save the template as a XLS report with the date appended. I then email the report out to intended recipients. The question I have is; I no longer need the links in the sved report once the report is completed and would like to delete them prior to emailing. I obviously need to maintain the links in the template (held in a ...

Exchange 2003 Problems #4
Hi all. We have just installed a new server - Windows 2003 SBS with Exchange. The server sites behind a SOHO Firebox Firewall. However, we are having a number of problems 1. We have a number of users using the same email address extensions - name@ourcompany.com. Of those users, we have a few which have Exchange boxes set up here, and some which collect their email from external mail boxes (all users with these problems have profiles on SBS) - when the internal users send emails to the external users, they simply don't receive them and we cannot trace where those mails are actually...

Time delay in displaying charts & chart names
I have converted Excel 2003 files (xls) to Excel 2007 (xlsm). The files contain many charts. The charts now take a long time to switch among them, plus I lost the chart names displayed on tabs. If I restore the displayed chart names, the aren't retained after saving the file. MS knows that there are major chart problems in XL2007 Hopefully SR1 will solve this best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "hjs40" <hjs40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B73FA70-A20E-4DC6-8A59-619D48BCE54A@mic...

2D Chart
Using Excel 2000, the chart displays systolic and diastolic blood pressure as a line graph, with date of measurement on the x axis and pressure on the y axis. There are 1049 values each for the systolic and diastolic pressures. If I allow the chart to automatically pick the maximum x axis date, it doesn't do it right, so not all the data is plotted. When I force the x axis scale to use the last date in the spreadsheet as the maximum, then it plots all the data, but now the x axis labels are wrong, in that they they are a half a year ahead of the dates in the spreadsheet, i.e. the last dat...

purchase order #4
I am looking for a solution. I want to import purchase order from a file. But I will also like to import the retail price in purchae order. thanks Check out the TOP Import utility: http://www.retailhero.com/dynamics_rms_order_import.aspx The current version does not import prices because it was designed to be used with a data collector. However, we will consider it in the next version as this feature has been requested before. This program also requires that the items already exist in the RMS database. So, you can do it in two steps: 1. Import the items (including the price) from the...

Works 4.5 Database
Is there a converter or method to convert a works 4.5 database to an excel XP or word XP format? Thanks in advance for the help. Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/converter/wkscnvxls_e.htm Text from the website above:- Microsoft does not provide an import Excel filter for Works-WKS files later than version 2. (for Works-WPD and Word...

Add year date to x axis
I am trying to add 2002 -2005 dates to the horizontal x axis of a Stacked Column Chart in Excel. It either comes out as 1 2 3 4 or 1900 (x four times). Can anyone help please? On Mar 31, 7:38 am, jayrod...@hotmail.com wrote: > I am trying to add 2002 -2005 dates to the horizontal x axis of a > Stacked Column Chart in Excel. > It either comes out as 1 2 3 4 or 1900 (x four times). Can anyone help > please? If the Years are on the sheet, say range Sheet1!$A$1:$A$4, then select the chart, pull down the Chart menu, select Source Data, select the Series tab of the Source Data dialo...

How to mark key dates on chart?
I have a chart that shows change in blood pressure over time. I would like to mark on the graph certain key dates (x values), for example where diet changes. Can I do that with excel charts? Also, I would like to highlight a band of y values (e.g. blood pressure between 120-140). Can I do that? Thanks for any help, Huck "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:e8T$ZHV9HHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a chart that shows change in blood pressure over time. I would like >to mark on the graph certain key dates (x values), fo...

downloading transactions #4
Until I tried the trial version of Money Deluxe 2007, I have been using Money 2004. M2004 automatically downloaded transactions from my bank. With M2007, I have to manually download them. Thank you for any thoughts about how to solve this problem. In microsoft.public.money, RAYMOND DUNTON wrote: >Until I tried the trial version of Money Deluxe 2007, I have been using >Money 2004. M2004 automatically downloaded transactions from my bank. With >M2007, I have to manually download them. Thank you for any thoughts about >how to solve this problem. > And when you sa...

Formulas with "Y" & "N" values
I am creating a performance chart for employees to fill out. Below is an example of a set of questions they need to complete, with a possible answer to each. My spreadsheet is being designed to calculate a points system on multiple categories 1. How many appointments did you have? "2" 2. How many new appointments did you set? "1" 3. Did you follow up with active client groups, not yet rented? "Y" 4. Have you made collection calls to clients that owe money? "N" 5. Have you reviewed and replied to all your emails? "Y" I nee...

Update Chart Macro
Hi, I have a workbook that contains a summary sheet (based on a 3d formula) from which I create 2 charts. Can anyone suggest a macro so my user can press a button and a macro runs to detect any new worksheets that have been added, add this new sheet to the 3d formula in the summary sheet and the associated graphs are updated? Many thanks ...

Office X crashing on launch
I'm running OS 10.4.4, Office X with the 10.1.6 update installed. Everything was working fine upto a couple of weeks ago. The Office, no matter which component just crashes upon launch. Sometimes I get the Project gallery window for a second or two, sometimes not even that. I've already tried to re-install office several times, trashed all the prefs, all the font caches, all the templates, ran Disk Warrior, repaired permissions, etc. Still crashes on launch. Reminds me of the space shuttle. Can anybody help me? Thanx. In article <1139768226.276938.229140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.c...

shortcuts #4
How do you make shortcut for each user on Windows XP. I drag over to the Desktop the Outlook icon and when I change user I cannot find the Icon in the pop up window? The desktop is different for each user. You need to do it for each login "Cootee" <Cootee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45AAECB7-52EA-4B22-93FF-ED2D1BAA2A69@microsoft.com... > How do you make shortcut for each user on Windows XP. I drag over to the > Desktop the Outlook icon and when I change user I cannot find the Icon in > the > pop up window? Open Windows Explorer, drag...

Change everybody's preview pane setting to mark as read
I keep getting read receipts which say "messages was deleted without being read" because some people in my organisation use the preview pane. The procedure to turn in the option which will "mark items as read when viewed using preview pane" will solve all this. My question is : Is there a way to turn this "mark as read..." setting on globally for every Outlook user in my organisation? (I've seen a command line switch the will take away the preview pane altogether but I don't want to do that, maybe something similar exists that will solve my pro...

Trendline Question- Graph with 2 Y Axis
I have a graph which uses a primary & a secondary Y axis. The trendline works fine for the series which uses the primary Y axis, but the series using the secondary Y axis adds a trendline based on the primary Y axis. Am I doing something wrong? thnx ...

Make a pie chart of a budget
I am trying to create a pie chart of our church budget. I want to have the whole pie chart be the total expenses, then have each slice be "utilities", "building fund", "salaries", etc, to give a snapshot of where most of the expenses are. I can't seem to find how to do this in excel. All of our bookeeping is done in excel, so I don't want to try to use something like Quicken just for one chart. Before someone suggests it, we can't use quicken to do our finances because I am in the Army (the U.S. one), stationed in Germany and our local bank isn&...

Customise Outlook today #4
Hi, I have a rather strange issue i believe with Outlook 2000 as when i click on the "customise outlook today" button on the outlook today page, it does nothing. If anyone knows of a cure can they please e-mail me ASAP at jaymel@nt-tech.com.au as this problem is with a client and is on a very thin timeframe. Regards Jayme Lowe OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...