Three items, column and line chart

I have data for the quarter that looks like this:
PRODUCT LINE	           Jan Forecast	Jan Actual	Jan % of Fcst
PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS	2,921,347	 2,017,000	     69%

I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a
secondary axes as the %.  Is this possible?

I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual
bar.

TIA,

Carole O
0
CaroleO (115)

Hi Carole -

Easier than you might think. Make a column chart using all three series
of data. Select the % series, then choose Chart Type from the Chart
menu, and select Line. Then double click on this line, and on the Axis
tab, select Secondary.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Carole O wrote:

> I have data for the quarter that looks like this:
> PRODUCT LINE	           Jan Forecast	Jan Actual	Jan % of Fcst
> PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS	2,921,347	 2,017,000	     69%
>
> I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a
> secondary axes as the %.  Is this possible?
>
> I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual
> bar.
>
> TIA,
>
> Carole O
Wow!  Exactly what I wanted!!  Thanks, Jon

Carole O

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Hi Carole -
>
> Easier than you might think. Make a column chart using all three series
> of data. Select the % series, then choose Chart Type from the Chart
> menu, and select Line. Then double click on this line, and on the Axis
> tab, select Secondary.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Carole O wrote:
>
> > I have data for the quarter that looks like this:
> > PRODUCT LINE	           Jan Forecast	Jan Actual	Jan % of Fcst
> > PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS	2,921,347	 2,017,000	     69%
> >
> > I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a
> > secondary axes as the %.  Is this possible?
> >
> > I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual
> > bar.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Carole O

0
CaroleO (115)

Countif multiple column criteria
I need help with a count: I am using Excel 2003. I have three columns A B C Record ID Year Criticality 1 2006 Critical 2 2006 High 3 2007 Critical 4 2006 Critical 5 2007 Medium 6 2006 High 7 2006 High What I need is a way to count where the record is in 2006 AND Critical. For 2006 Critical, I should end up with 2 2006 high I should end up with 3, etc. I have tried many variations of fo...

Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes
Hi, I have setup Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes as I have a number of meeting rooms that all users should be able to book. I have since found that if user a) books a meeting and user b) attempts to delete it - he/she can. I don't seem to be able to prevent them, and would appreciate some help. Regards Nick ...

How do I insert the file name into a chart (without typing it)?
-- Excel Junkie always looking for formula ideas to more easily crunch data Hi, One way is to enter the following formula in a spare cell on your sheet, A1, for instance, =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))-1) which will give you the filename in A1. Then you can reference that cell in your chart title. If you have the morefunc add-in, you could just use =FILENAME(FALSE) instead. Note that the file has to have actually been savedin orde...

Item Count Code

Progress line Thickness
Is it possible to change the progress line thickness??? From the looks of the dialog box "Progress Lines", Tab: Line Styles, apparently not. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/01/10 05:54, mukund.y@rediffmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to change the progress line thickness??? Hello, It's not clear from your post whether you are referring to the Progress lines added to the Gantt chart through Tools > Tracking, Progress Lines or whether you are referring to the progress lines added to task bars. As Rob notes, the lines drawn on the Gantt chart...

Finding a total from multiple lines
I need to pull records from a table that contains multiple locations and their quantities in order to fill a certain quantity demand. For example, I need 25 of an item and I have 5 locations that have 10 each. How do I get the results to show 10 from location A, 10 from location B, 5 from location C, and dont show the rest at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated Slotted2 = source, On Hand = quantity, Locator = Location Using my table names, I wrote this for the first section: SELECT a. Locator, a. [On Hand], Sum(b.[On Hand]) AS RunningTotal FROM Slotted2 AS a, Slotted2 AS b WHERE ...

Conditional Tag Along Items
It would be great if there was a switch for making a Tag Along Item optional. With 'Optional Tag Tag Along' set to TRUE, the POS would prompt the cashier to confirm/deny the tag along item. A great example would be 'would you like fries with that?' It's be a simple thing to add a check box next to the Tag Along fields... Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for th...

Help with more than three conditions when formating.
Is it possible to have more than three conditions using conditional formatting? I have a list of five products in a column. I want to use a different color cell for each product. Product 1 would be yellow, product 2 would be blue, product 3 would be green. I know how to use conditional formatting to format each but I only seem to be able to set up three conditions. When you can't use Conditional Formatting (more than 3 formats), the next step is to use an Event Macro. See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case look at top for instructions to install, right click on...

Count # items in ColA if blank in ColB
I need to count the number of items in ColA that match a certain criteria in ColA and are blank in ColB. Any ideas? Thanks. Nadine Something like this: =sumproduct((ColA="xxx")*(ColB="")) -- Max Singapore --- "Nadine" wrote: > I need to count the number of items in ColA that match a certain criteria in > ColA and are blank in ColB. Any ideas? > Thanks. > Nadine Unfortunately I got the result #NUM!. Thanks for trying. "Max" wrote: > Something like this: =sumproduct((ColA="xxx")*(ColB="")) &g...

Row and Column Title Background Color Doesn't Copy
I am trying to use the "copy picture" function to save a portion of my Gantt to a .gif file to paste into PowerPoint. In Project, the row and column titles appear gray but when I paste the .gif into PowerPoint, they have no color. My client is getting picky about this...he liked it with the gray. AAAGHHH. That's why a lot of folks end up using something like SnagIt to do copy/paste. It's a free 30 day download. "lzrdlvr" wrote: > I am trying to use the "copy picture" function to save a portion of my Gantt > to a .gif file to pa...

Disappearing charts
I have a chart I added a text box to and now the graph will not print if I use a print area. If I print the chart window, the graph prints but not if I print using a print area that includes data outside of the chart window. Any ideas how I can get my chart to print including the graph? ...

Calendar items are one hour ahead after migration (please help)
Hi All, I am in the process of migrating users from Notes to Exchange and I have noticed that all my entries in outlook after migratiion are one hour ahead from what they were in Notes. I have checked time zone settings (day light settings as well) on both servers and also on the clients (outlook and notes) just to be safe and all seems to be ok. I posted similar question before but the only asnwer I got back then was, not to perform migration in summer (common........). Please share your ideas or if you have run into the same problem, please share your experience and let me know what you ...

Pivot Chart Title variable
I was trying to create a Pivot Chart where the Title varies dependent on the selection made from the dropdown box. I dont know the commands to reference the current Pivotchart's variables therefore i cant pull the information i need. Anyhelp would be appreciated! If this isnt the right area to post, can someone lead me in the right direction. Thanks Tim You can link the chart title to a cell, in which you calculate the title text. There's a sample here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Pivot Tables, look for 'Employee Time Tracking' Tim wrote: &g...

"Cannot print unless an item is selected. Select an item then try to print again
"Cannot print unless an item is selected. Select an item then try to print again." No matter which way I try to print in Outlook 2000, this message appears. This error just started, and will not go away. I have several times run Detect and Repair. No correction. I do know how to select an item, at least I used to. Either highlight a message and right click/print, or open the message and icon/print, or file/print. I can't even do page setup or print preview. ALl of these result in "Cannot print unless an item is selected. Select an item then try to print again.&qu...

Customizing a Pivot Chart
I just completed a pivot table and pivot chart for a customer. The customer requested additional information on the pivot chart sheet. In this case he would like a the grand total sum displayed as a numeric value in a box just off the chart. Is it possible to display a cell value and a label randomly on the pivot chart sheet? What does it take? You can display the contents of a worksheet cell on the pivot chart: Select the pivot chart Type an equal sign Select the worksheet cell for which you want to display the value Press the Enter key Move the text box from the centre of the pivo...

Change the item lookup code
First of all, Thank u for MS community user group members. I need the best way to change item lookup code. Let me Know your idea. We have 2 store and HQ. We are usig this retail menagement for 3 years. We need to add new item and modify old item , kinds of this thing , etc.. Example, We are using one item that item lookupcode is 003001. And this item's supplier is A and B. A and B's Price is different. But Same item. So, We do sell another price per supplier. So. I want to divide this item code to 003001A and 003001B. And then, I make new item code 003001B. And, I modify 003001 to ...

Can't recover deleted items #2
I've seen this post several times, but thus far haven't found a posted solution. I've got a user who goes into Outlook and tries to recover her deleted items. When she does so, it boots her out of outlook. I originally thought this was a Win98 issue with Outlook 2000. I gave her a new PC with W2K pro and it is still doing it. I can recover her deleted items from my machine with no problems. But from her pc, it craps out. Could soemone out there lend a solution? Thanks, Mark ...

Putting last three cells with data in a row into a set three cells
I have three columns of data per month. (Jan=RST, Feb=UVW, March=XYZ, etc for 5 years) and I want to look across rows 16-200 and copy the last month (3 columns) with data in it into the columns OPQ. Specific issues: I want the data pasted with values only because the first two columns of every month have data validation. I want all the data from rows 16-200 pasted even if they are blank so they will cover over the data that was there from the previous month. The cells that are not used are blank, but the last column for each month has a formula in it: =IF(OR(R16="",S16="&qu...

Top selling items report including non-selling items
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C7F304.FB853BA0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In RMS Store Operations 2.0 I copied the top selling items report and changed the table sequence to use the item table as my first table with a left join on the transactionentry table (see attached report). The idea was that if there is no transactionentry record the item record would still show on the report. But this is not the case and i am trying to figure out where my r...

Stacked Column
Hi, I have the following data set Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep 2002/03 491 233 2039 2146 292 2716 2003/04 2523 2261 1054 784 2267 41 What i want to do is have the largest value(with corresponding colour) as the bottom of a stacked column and smaller value on the top. what I'm getting now is 2003/04 data is always on the bottom and 2002/03 is on top. Your help is greatly appreciated. thanks, Jason Jason - Start with your original data in A1:G3, Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep 2002/03 491 233 2039 2146 292 2716 2003/04 2523 2261 1054 784 2267 41 set up A5:G9 as follows: Apr May Jun Jul Aug ...

Re: Listview column sorting question (attn Douglas)
Thanks for your help on my listview sorting code question. I feel slightly embarrased that it was so simple..... Works fine now. regards, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Excel 2007: Lines not displayed on Scatter Plot
I work with equipment that spits out data every minute for weeks/months at a time. There are numerous gaps in the data where I have blank cells (but maintain the continuity of the x-axis). My data sets are enormous, and the plots that I use to represent the data essentially maximize the capibilities of Excel (30,000 points per data series, and up to 6 data series per chart). These data series may reference data sets in different worksheets, so a Line Plot with a fixed x-axis is not appropriate. The Scatter Plot with lines (no markers) is the most appropriate selection for representi...

notification of CListView item selection
I would like to change a view when an item in a CListView is selected. How can I take action based on a CListView selection? I see a method in the class that will let me see if a particular item is selected, but how do I know when a selection change is made? Thanks, Chris Handle LVN_ITEMCHANGED. ________________ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Chris" <ijkdc@spamhater.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ow8QaM5xEHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I would like to change a view when an item in a CListView is selected. How > can I take action based on a CListView...

How do I make column headings vertical in Excel
I am doing a report and need to make column headings vertical and cannot figure out how to do it. Select the headings you want vertical, goto>formate cells>look at "orientation and select the vertical (Text) box. Mike Rogers -- The only dumb question is the one you did not ask. "bb" wrote: > I am doing a report and need to make column headings vertical and cannot > figure out how to do it. Or if you meant you want them to become row headings instead of column headings then copy all, paste special, check transpose, click ok... "Mike Rogers" wrote...

formula looking for an either/or solution in same column
I have a spreadsheet with one column showing pay grade - O3, O4, W2, W3..... I have a formula which selects anything starting with O, but I need the formula to also look for either O or W and count both of them together. any help? The current formula is: =countifs(I2:I120,"=ASAE",B2:B120,"=O?",L2:L120"<1/1/2050") One way... =SUM(COUNTIFS(A2:A10,"ASAE",B2:B10,{"O*","W*"},C2:C10,"<"&DATE(2050,1,1))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "J. Hunter" <JHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> ...