Thanks Jon for your Jan 2001 post......it helped me today!

Thanks for this Jon.......
I found it doing a Google Search.....used it 21 times today.  It works super.
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

1. Robin Blackwell   Jan 30 2001, 4:23 pm

Hi all,
I have a large number of Excel 97 Charts that are regularly updated from
their corresponding Worksheets. I would like to include on the charts a text
title from the Worksheet at cell A1. Is their anyway to link the cell to a
text box on each Chart? Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Robin

 2. Jon Peltier   Jan 31 2001, 12:27 am

Hi Robin -
Easy.  Click on the title.  Click in the formula bar, press the equals
key, click in the cell you want to link the title to, then press enter.

- Jon

0
CLR (806)

Glad to help, 4 1/2 years later!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

CLR wrote:
> Thanks for this Jon.......
> I found it doing a Google Search.....used it 21 times today.  It works super.
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> 1. Robin Blackwell   Jan 30 2001, 4:23 pm
>
> Hi all,
> I have a large number of Excel 97 Charts that are regularly updated from
> their corresponding Worksheets. I would like to include on the charts a text
> title from the Worksheet at cell A1. Is their anyway to link the cell to a
> text box on each Chart? Any help appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Robin
>

>  2. Jon Peltier   Jan 31 2001, 12:27 am
>
> Hi Robin -
> Easy.  Click on the title.  Click in the formula bar, press the equals
> key, click in the cell you want to link the title to, then press enter.
>
> - Jon

Thanks Microsoft
I used the MSMoney -> Quicken converter facility in Quicken 2010 to import many years of data. The converter did an excellent job. There were a few mistakes, but I was able to correct these. Recent posts to this news group indicate that Intuit will update the converter facility in November, addressing all of the mistakes that I found. As far as I can tell, my financial data is in good shape, and I have no need to re-do the conversion process in November. My own reading indicates that Microsoft and Intuit cooperated in order to make the conversion software successful. I am disappointed tha...

Help! My bank is not listed
Hi All, I am a Canadian user of Money and my bank, Scotiabank, is not listed in the on-line financial institutions. Any thoughts on how I can get connected to download my banking details? Thanks very much Go to the Account in Money, click on Change Account Details and then Update contact information. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "CM" <cmac1@rogers.com> wrote in message news:0QFNb.167748$AAe1.68861@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.ro...

Where is email stored?? HELP!!
I just reinstalled Outlook and for some reason it is not displaying the emails that i had in my old Inbox. Are all emails that are in your Inbox saved in one file anywhere that I can find and import into the new Outlook? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thanks! Microsoft Outlook stores all e-mail, tasks, calendar, contacts, .etc in a file with a *.pst extension. Since you didn't state what operating system you are using, you will need to use Windows Explorer to search for it. (Note: If you are using Windows XP, do not forget to configure the search to look in hidden/system folders.) "SPH&qu...

help with attachments
When we try to send an attachment e-mail, an error comes up that the authentication setting might not be correct for our outgoing e-mail (SMTP) server. In the next paragraph it says: must issue a Starttls comand first. I have no idea what I am doing. Could you please help? andiejay@live.com You need to provide more details. Which email program are you using? Can you send emails without attachments? Who is your mail service = provider? If that is Live.com, be sure to use the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 58...

Move all replicas..urgent please help
Hi, When I click Move All Replicas, the replication is still not happening. I have kept it for 24 hours and am unable to delete the public folder. Any workaround to this? Your expertise needed please. pls guide. thanks in advance, Hi, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842273 Leif "Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E9EED1-6A0D-417D-B70F-38D7E477071A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When I click Move All Replicas, the replication is still not happening. I > have kept it for 24 ho...

thank!
Thank you very mauch! ...

Pie of Pie help
I would like to create a pie-of-pie chart based on more than one piece What I mean is, lets say my main data contains 5 categories. I want pie-of-pie based on the last 3 categories, splitting them all (treatig them as one) into the cetegories that make up those areas. I can only get a pie-of-pie based on 1 piece of the left pie and ca add pieced to the right pie, but I want the right pie to be based o more than 1 piece of the left. Also, as an aside, can you create pie-of-pie-of-pie o chart-of-chart-of-pie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com bum -- Message posted from http:...

Help without attachment
Good morning Version: MS Office Professional 2003 - Excel Problem: Background color no longer gray in drop down menu. Is there a setting to reset the background to default to gray? I did go into Display Properties - Appearance and Detect and Repair. Issue not resolved. Any help or suggestion appreciated My posting yesterday had an attached screen shot of the issue. Thanks in advance John ...

postings not being made
there have been at least 10 posting today which I made but which never showed up. is there a problem with the system. The day started out with not showing any of todays postings until about noon, and has only randomly accepted postings since then ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

HTML Email Template...Help...
Hello, I want to create an HTML email template that I can use over and over. I can not find anything that is very clear in the help menu to figure this out... I would like to use FrontPage to create the template...It does not seem like when I switch to MSWord email editor that there is enough there to format an email the way that I would like to...Plus in MSWord, it does not allow you to save it as a template.... Can I do this? Should I be using another piece of software to sent these types of messages? thx Mike Create your htm-file in FrontPage. Compose a new HTML message with ...

Thanks!
Thanks Doug: I found a short object name that access NOW does not reconize. I changed the short object name to full object name and everything then compiled fine. Again Thanks! ...

Newbie needs help
I'm trying to take an amount in a cell, give a date (3 november) and todays date, and divide the days between now and 3 november by the amount in the cell. Nov 3- 24 oct = 10 cell = 28 28/10 = 2.8 I've tried using the Today() and Now () function but I can't figgure it out. If I set cell a10 to Today() and a11 to 3-Nov then set a12=a11-a10 I get 10 Jan! What am I doing wrong here? Ken kg0wx at comcast dot net "Ken Bessler" <kg0wx@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:jfqdnZDg_ex9qgSiRVn-ug@comcast.com... > I'm trying to take an amount in a cell, g...

General Posting Journal errors
When trying to post a JE, we're getting the following error messages: The Currency ID is missing The rate type ID is missing The Exchange table ID is missing The currency ID is not selected for this posting account Any help is greatly apprceciated. Thanks. Hi GG I suggest you look at the 'Financial/Cards' screen for this account and click on the 'Currency' tab. Ensure that your relevant currency id is assigned to the specific account in that window. That's a good place to start. Chow Sheila "GG" wrote: > When trying to post a JE, we're g...

help!
I recently made a menu project on publisher 03. But now everytime i try to open it, i get an error message. It won't let me do anything with the file, then it will just restart the program all over. I know the problem isn't with the file, i tried opening it on another computer and it works. Anyone have any idea what the heck is wrong? What is the error message? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cru3L2bknd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46E3334F-7D57-4FB8-92FF-E...

Check box help please!
I have form that I am working on that has approximately 120 check boxes (I used the forms check boxes). I read previous threads about creating a macro to clear out the checks, which I have done successfully, but I would like the macro to do one more thing ... After clearing out all of the checks, I would like it to place checks on a range of check boxes. I thought I could use the following script, but it doesn't work when the sheet is protected. Sub UnCheckBox() With Sheet1 ..CheckBoxes.Value = False Range("N55:N209").Select Selection.Replace What:="FALSE", R...

tHANK yOU
bY __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3948 (20090319) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com Spam! mohammad wrote: > bY > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3948 (20090319) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com Stop spamming the newsgroups with your personal choice for an antivirus program. The text appended to your post makes you appear an id...

I'm cluesless
I'm trying to transcribe information from timecards to a spreadsheet. The person who designed the spreadsheet for me only put in equations to row 46 (not nearly enough). Heres an idea of what it looks like since I am too uneducated on this program to know how to describe it. Cell A4 looks like this : =IF(B3="","",B3) A46 says, =IF(B45="","",B45). My question is: Is there a way to just automatically put the next line's equation in, or do I have to type it all out? Seems to me that would just double my work load. (i.e. A46 says =IF(B...

Posting Registered message to another process?
I want to communicate between two SDI processes with something like: PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, gMyRegMsgId, 123, 321); The "Poster" and "Postee" both have calls in OnInitialUpdate for: gMyRegMsgId= ::RegisterWindowMessage("BB_FIND_8DB23EEF_B705_44BE_A58A_EBA6481A5038"); ***** Poster code **** void CPosterRegMsgView::OnClickPostButton() { BOOL flag = ::PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, gBbFindMsgId, 1234, 4321); } ***** Postee code **** BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CPosteeRegMsgView, CFormView) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CPosteeRegMsgView) ON_REGISTERED_MESSAGE (gMyRegMsgId, OnBb...

Help: CPtrList Problem
I try to use a CPtrlist to store a lot of data. The number of data should be 1000,000. WHen I try to free the CPtrList, it spend a lof of time. WHen I check the speed of free resource, I use a timer to check the rate for releasing memory from CPtrlist. I find that when the CPtrList is longer (mean more data), it rate of releasing data for the CPtrList is dramtically decrease. WHy? How to solve it? -- Regards, Anthony Lam hi, When you allocate memory (I mean generically, and not necessarily pertaining to a CPtrList), it is allocated in chunks. You could be using only a part of t...

Diane Poremsky's Proud Example Of Idiotic Posting
Ms. Poremsky is so proud of this piece of idle gibberish she posts it on her own website at: <http://www.poremsky.com/p/silence_of_the_gurus.htm> Hilarious! Hoist with her own petar. DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas Vires et Honor --------------------Cordon Sanitaire---------------------------------- THE SILENCE OF THE GURUS Starring... Jodie Foster as Special Agent Diane Poremsky, FBI Anthony Hopkins as Roy "Hannibal" Lehrer "Whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must remain silent" - Ludwig Wittgenstein ---------------------------------------------...

Thank You
Thanks to all who have helped me over the years with Win98, XP, and now 7. Much appreciated. And, I hope that I assisted via a few of my posts. Microsoft forums are a step backward compared to this means of communication, in my humble opinion. ciao shellyf wrote: > Microsoft forums are a step backward compared to this means of > communication, in my humble opinion. Did you even ask your NSP (EasyNews) if they will be dropping the microsoft.* newsgroups? They probably arent. Giganews isn't dropping the microsoft.* newsgroups. Google Groups probably won't, eith...

Thank-you
Just a quick note the say thank-you to many of the contributors to this forum especially but not only Jeff, Convoluted, Matt, Afshin, Akber, Bill, and many other that I forgot their names. May you have a peaceful holiday season and a prosperous new year. PS. For those who will be doing inventory - may everything be stress free and work-out for you. Danny Likewise, happy holidays to you Danny. I have probably learned more on this newsgroup (and other RMS newsgroups) than I learned taking the so-called RMS "certification". So I would also like to jump on Danny's mes...

Products linked to "Microsoft Outlook Help" from Portugal?
I have aq problem with "dulpicate emails" in Outlook 2003 so I click on the "Microsoft Outlook Help" and saw the link to a "Duplicate Email Remover." After clicking on the link, I was sent to a page where I can purchace the "add on." After my purchase, I received a message that it might take 36 hours to get an email for instructions to download the product since this "person" is in Portugal. I thougt that I was purchacing a product from Microsoft or one of their affiliates. I recommend that you check out the "Microsoft Outlook Hel...

Microsoft Money 2001 #5
I an using Microsoft Money 2001 but when I enter a stock tranction.. Share, company name, sybmol, country. in the list of country ' India ' is not there. and there is no option to add.. How do I solve it ? Pls guide. ...

Business Alerts
Is it possible to create a business alert which shows the inventory items created today. I can create alerts which show created after a certain date, but I don't want to see cumulative changes on each report. I thought I might be able to use the system date and report on new items created where the sytem date = created date, but I can't find which table the system date is held in. GP v 7.5 I don't have a full blown system to adequately test. However, I think the script in Bus Alerts would be: IV00101_T1.CREATDDT = Getdate() You will have to type in the = Getdate() ...