Text not continuing to wrap for large block of text in Excel cell

I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell.  I have the cell
formatted to wrap text, but after I've typed in a certain amount of text it
stopps wrapping and all the text entered after that point continues on the
same line out of the visible cell.  Dragging the bottom of the cell down does
not make the text appear.
0
Mandra (1)

Line breaks in a cell can be enforced by <Alt>+<Enter>.  Pls note the max
cell width is 255 chars.

"Mandra" wrote:

> I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell.  I have the cell
> formatted to wrap text, but after I've typed in a certain amount of text it
> stopps wrapping and all the text entered after that point continues on the
> same line out of the visible cell.  Dragging the bottom of the cell down does
> not make the text appear.
0
HEK (135)

TEXT = text

color fill in excell
Using Office XP any cell with text or number will not print the color fill, only blank cells will print the color fill. It shows up ok in the print preview but does not print correctly. Can anyone help ...

Sorting by last 3 digits in cell
I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. Hi, Try adding a helper column (B) and use =RIGHT(A1,3) and fill down, then click any cell within column B and sort. Harry "britten funk" wrote: > I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number > not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your > help. > I'd use a formula like: =mod(a1,1000) To keep them numbers (not text) Or modify Harry's formula to: =--RIGHT(A1,3) britten funk wrote: > > I need ...

Opening Excel File
Please Help I have Excel XP and I cant open another Excel file from Explorer or from an attachment in an email if I already have an excel file open. If i click on an excel file in explorer to open it it justs brings my previously opended excel file to the foreground. It doent open the new one at all. I have to go into the open excel sheet and choose open and browse for the file to open it which obviously causes a problem If I want to open an excel attachment. Any ideas. Cheers Paul Try to Re-register Excel. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space be...

Selecting text in a document

How do I set up an Excel Spreadsheet to record qualitative and qu.
Hi you may post your question as body of your posting and not as subject -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF2506C9-BE0E-473D-A55F-09E0C6F3FE83@microsoft.com... > ...

CScrollView and text height

filtering results in excel
Hello to all you experts, i want to be able to filter a large amount of data to a single row that i can then use in other areas. data consists of about 85 columns and 15000 rows of data, much of which is very similar. 1st filter would have about 15 unique names, each of which then limits the rows to several hundred 2nd filter will then limit the range to about 100 rows 3rd filter approx 20 rows 4th filter 2 rows 5th filter exact range required. Autofilter is the perfect option but, it does not allow me to define the row and then select the data, i.e. any of the 15000 rows could b...

formula in pivot excel 2007
It used to be possible to enter a formula within a pivot table so it would update if the pivot table was changed. E.g. one column divided by another and the formula would be avaiable even for extra lines if another variable was used. Is this still avaiable in new excel, and if so, where? In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- PivotTable Tools Options Tools group Formulas Calculated Field The Insert Calculated Field pane should launch. In here you are able to set up to divide one column by another. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks....

linknig cells
How can I have link two cells from different woksheets? ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Need to get to a blocked attachment!
Does anyone have any idea how I can get to an attachment that OE has blocked? It's an important document in html format. I have XP as my OS. There doesn't seem to be any way to manually "unblock" attachments. Thanks. Yes, there is a way. Either hit Forward or check your Tools->options->security tab to fix the problem. Next time, try posting in an Outlook Express forum - this group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Adobe Distiller Crashes certain large Publisher files
I am trying to convert certain files in Publisher to PDF files using the Adobe Distiller. Most files work ok, but certain ones that have a lot of data crash publisher every time. This is not just on one terminal. The same error occurrs with the same files on other terminals in our office. What could be some possible causes and solutions? Thanks. Outside of the fact that you haven't told us any details about your software versions.........how large is this file? I've converted >5MB files with no problem. "cchtmpls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Naming a cell #2
I have a long list of data and want to name each cell individually b using the reference of cell on the left and at the top. e.g. Column A B C Row 1 Maths Science 2 Jack 45 50 3 Andrew 88 40 4 Lalita 75 60 5 --------------------------- 6 --------------------------- 7 --------------------------- & So on. What I want is that cell B2 be named as Jack Maths or Maths Jack cell C2 be named as Jack...

Excel 2007
First, I must say that Excel 2007 charting is much worse to use than 97, 2000 or 2003! It is not intuitive as it was with previous versions! I created a very simple line chart. The problem I am experiencing is that is start my initial value at 0%, which is fine and then promptly goes upto 100% and stays there for all the other points. What I love even more is that when I place my cursor over each point it actually give the proper values (73%, 61%,...) but always displays the line at 100%??? Anyone ever seen this problem before? Thank you for your assistance, QB Doubl...

Excel formulae start doing strange things
Has anyone had the problem where the result of a formula is incorrect. I've had on occasion entered a simple formula, such as adding a group of numbers within an "IF" statement and the result is wrong. If I start a new workbook, and enter the exact same thing, it works out correctly. Yesterday one of my co-workers had a problem with a spreadsheed she's been using for years. All of a sudden, she started getting "VALUE" errors in the lower half of the spreadsheet. All formulae were the same in each row. I ended up fixing the problem by deleting 5 rows, then entering ...

Publisher file too large to email
I place a full page ad in two local real estate magazines. I usually design the ad in publisher and it includes approx. 6 photos of properties we have for sale. The publication is now 6MB in size which is too large for most email providers and keeps getting kicked back. I right clicked and hit send as "zip" file but the size of the file remained the same. How can I reduce the size of the file to email it? It needs to be much less than 1MB in size. Thanks. Cathy in Florida <CathyinFlorida@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I place a ful...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

Null in text box

Web Query For Single cells in Spreadsheet
I have a web page that I created with exceleverywhere and would like to import the data into an excel file via web query. The problem is that the web query function in excel 2003 only allows me to import tables, and not single cells. How would I go about selecting just the cells that have the updated data to import? Thanks You could import what you can to another sheet and then use an indirect formula or macro to get what you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "analogkid12" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:YUMjc.1397$kp.49445@attbi_s52...