text boxes that label axes in line/scatter graphs

I tried to use "SAT-M" as y-axis label, but "M" was cut off (actually went to
second line that could not be seen).  I tried every trick I know to lengthen
the text box, to fit label on one line.
0
Peg (10)

Hi,

The only way to length chart textboxes is with more text. But at some
point more text will cause the content to wrap. The charts textboxes do
not have the ability to be sized manually even though the bounding box
and grab handles would suggest otherwise.

Try adding a few spaces or even non-breaking spaces ALT+0160 (Numpad)

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

How do I do a semi-log graph?
I can't seem to get it to work in Excel, I keep getting errors. I need to to analyze DNA fingerprints for my Biology Lab. Can anyone help? ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Is there a command line string I can use to send email?
If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where I work - the list changes daily. Sandra <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote: > If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to > do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where > I work - the list changes daily. Check the tools here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Brian Tillman ...

Secondary X- and Y- Axes
I want to plot one series on a primary x and y axis and then another on a secondary x and y axis. My goal is to adjust the scale of all of the axis until the two series overlap. I noticed that you can label both a secondary x and y axis but I can't figure out how to plot a series on both a secondary x and y axis. I am using Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi Allison, Select the data series that you want to place on the seconadry axes. Use CTRL+1 to display the format dialog box and select the axis tab so you can check the secondary axis. To get series to use the secondary x axis you need to righ...

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Blank cells in line charts
I have my tables which are reguarly added too but it is a pain going through the 20 odd charts updating the data range. What i'd like to do is just select a huge area for the data range so i don't have to touch it again and the charts would auto update. The problem is i have told it to ignore blank cells but it still creates them on the chart space. Is there any way to select a heap of cells but have it completely ignore the empty ones until there is data entered in them. -- bluenose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluenose's Profile:...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

making a zig-zag line
For a series of closing index prices like: 104, 104.28, 104.57, 104.9, 105.27, 105.5, 105.41, 104.26, 105.04, 104.86, 103.54, 103.35, 103.58, 103.63, 105.04 105.18, 105.4, 105.3, 105.99, 105.76, 105.84, 106.4, 105.66, 105.18, 105.15, 106.33... arranged in a column, I would like to graph a zig-zag line connecting data points where the second or next graphed data point (after 104 in this case) always represents an increase or decrease of a minimum of some set percentage, say 1%, so that all data points not qualifying are eliminated. A zig up would mark the highest qualifying value encountered ...

Combo Box Prolem
Hi All, I have a combo box that will not let me select the items using my mouse. I can use the Arrow Down Key and then hit TAB to select the item. The only thing that I think may be causing this is the ROW source. I have this change depending on the company location. See Code that fires when the user select the Customer ID. The 3rd line from the bottom sets the ROW source for the item. The combo box is bound to a feild called ITEM. Maybe this should be unbound. Can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim stFilter As String Dim stEmp As String Dim stCoNum A...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...