Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Has anyone experienced this? I've got a chart in a
spreadsheet and I add text boxes to the graph section.
They appear on the page yet when I click off the page,
the text box disappears. If I go to print preview, the
text boxes are there so why can't I see them on the
screen? I've tried the bring forward command but that
didn't work. This is also sporadic as some of my text
boxes stay in place why others seem to disappear.
0
anonymous (74739)

Sue -

If the chart is selected when you draw the text box, the text box
becomes part of the chart. If not, the text box just floats along in the
drawing layer with the chart. It may be above the chart, but as soon as
you select the chart, any other objects in the drawing layer become
transparent over your chart, so you can deal with just the chart. I
suspect that some of your text boxes are in the charts, and some are not.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Sue wrote:

> Has anyone experienced this? I've got a chart in a
> spreadsheet and I add text boxes to the graph section.
> They appear on the page yet when I click off the page,
> the text box disappears. If I go to print preview, the
> text boxes are there so why can't I see them on the
> screen? I've tried the bring forward command but that
> didn't work. This is also sporadic as some of my text
> boxes stay in place why others seem to disappear.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

fix bubble size in bubble chart
The bubble size in bubble chart is adjusted automatically by EXCEL so as to achieve best visualization result. But when you want to see the bubble changing size, this adjustment is bugging. For example I wrote VB code to change the size by half every time I call it, and expected to see the bubble size changed by half. But nothing happened! Because EXCEL adjusted it. How can I get out of it??? Please also reply to my email address. 12356789mchen@coe.ubc.ca (please drop the fist 9 numbers, it is used to dsiguise the email address from viruses. Thanks) Hi Micahel, One way would be to ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Blank cells in line charts
I have my tables which are reguarly added too but it is a pain going through the 20 odd charts updating the data range. What i'd like to do is just select a huge area for the data range so i don't have to touch it again and the charts would auto update. The problem is i have told it to ignore blank cells but it still creates them on the chart space. Is there any way to select a heap of cells but have it completely ignore the empty ones until there is data entered in them. -- bluenose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluenose's Profile:...

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Combo Box Prolem
Hi All, I have a combo box that will not let me select the items using my mouse. I can use the Arrow Down Key and then hit TAB to select the item. The only thing that I think may be causing this is the ROW source. I have this change depending on the company location. See Code that fires when the user select the Customer ID. The 3rd line from the bottom sets the ROW source for the item. The combo box is bound to a feild called ITEM. Maybe this should be unbound. Can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim stFilter As String Dim stEmp As String Dim stCoNum A...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Updating a chart in a Userform
Hi, I want to have a Userform with a pie-chart on it that updates as th user slides a slider around. In Access 2000 I seem to be able to inser an Excel chart object to do this, but in Excel 2000, bizarrely, can't. So I'm looking for a workaround, and have tried using John Walkenbach' less than perfect method described at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip66.htm The trouble with this is that you can see a Windows dialog box appea for a brief second as the VBA is running. Is there any way of switchin this off? I've tried using Application.ScreenUpdating = False, with n lu...

Dialog box icon
Hi, I would like to know how can i change the default icon of my dialog box ? I don't find anywhere a setting for that. tia, Maileen "Maileen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23$SetP98DHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to know how can i change the default icon of my dialog box ? > I don't find anywhere a setting for that. > tia, See if using WM_SETICON or CWnd::SetIcon is the solution. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd
hello, Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search. Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)" Me.Filter = strFilter Me.FilterOn = True CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError End Sub Thanks in advance for your help. -- H. Frank Situmorang You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute method, but you haven't assigned anything to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...