Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Has anyone experienced this? I've got a chart in a
spreadsheet and I add text boxes to the graph section.
They appear on the page yet when I click off the page,
the text box disappears. If I go to print preview, the
text boxes are there so why can't I see them on the
screen? I've tried the bring forward command but that
didn't work. This is also sporadic as some of my text
boxes stay in place why others seem to disappear.
0
anonymous (74722)

Sue -

If the chart is selected when you draw the text box, the text box
becomes part of the chart. If not, the text box just floats along in the
drawing layer with the chart. It may be above the chart, but as soon as
you select the chart, any other objects in the drawing layer become
transparent over your chart, so you can deal with just the chart. I
suspect that some of your text boxes are in the charts, and some are not.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Sue wrote:

> Has anyone experienced this? I've got a chart in a
> spreadsheet and I add text boxes to the graph section.
> They appear on the page yet when I click off the page,
> the text box disappears. If I go to print preview, the
> text boxes are there so why can't I see them on the
> screen? I've tried the bring forward command but that
> didn't work. This is also sporadic as some of my text
> boxes stay in place why others seem to disappear.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

IE8 address box steals focus from search box
Hi Running latest IE8 I keep finding that when I start IE8, type an expression in the search box in the top right corner, the address box steals focus So if I type "SQL Server 2008 Client installation", the letters "SQL S" are in the search box and the rest of the letters "erver 2008 Client installation" are now in the address box. This is deeply annoying. Anyone seen this and know how it can be fixed? It only seems to do this at IE8 startup or new tab startup. After that, all words are in the search box and the address box dioes not steal focus....

Excel Charts with attached comments option
It would be good if you could add a comment to a cell and have an option when charting that cell to either show the comment or not. The comment should then be linked to that specific data point. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Show results in bold if a cell is in bold
Good morning, I have this sheet with some data and other one with results. The results are calculated with hlookup from the data. Data that changes weekly are introduced in bold. Is there any chance to show the results of the data in bold in bold as well. I mean, if the data is in bold, resulta must be in bold. If data is without format, must show without any format. I supposed we would need to use a macro. Is it possible? Thank you so much for you support Formulas don't bring back formatting. But maybe you could use a helper cell in the original worksheet that shows if th...

How do I switch text from capitals to normal?
If I type an email in all CAPS, is there a way to make it into regular form wthout re-typing whole email? Yes, but the method depends on the version of Outlook and the Editor used. chris verbeski wrote: > If I type an email in all CAPS, is there a way to make it into regular form > wthout re-typing whole email? For m, it works like this - select all the text, then hold down shift and tap the F3 key, that toggles the text between lower case, capitals and then capital first letter for every word. It doesnt' work everywhere but works in Word. "Bob I" ...

Save charts as Windows Metafiles
This has undoubtedly been asked before, but: Is there a method, plug-in tool, VB script or something that enables you to save Excel graphs as WMF or EMF files? Without first copy-pasting it into some drawing program and saving it there? Ideally, one would copy the graph to the clipboard, and then be able to access a dialogue direclty from/in Excel that lets you save it as a WMF file. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide! Jeroen Dekker jeroen@square1.nl ...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

Formatting Charts from Pivot Table...
I've created a pivot table/with chart. The default chart was a bar chart, which I've changed to a pie chart. The problem is I don't like the default colors so I've changed them to the way I like them; however, once I save the document they go back to the default colors. Is there any way to keep the revised colors, rather than the default colors? Thanks, KSL. ...

How do i show conditionality in a UML Sequence Diagram ?
Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that uses conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a message1 from Object1 to Object2 else send anothermessage2 from Object1 to Object3. 10x in advance Eyal Kobrigo "Eyal Kobrigo" <Eyal Kobrigo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AFC9BDD-5CBC-4AE9-8E6B-1E4007BE0812@microsoft.com... > Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that > uses > conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a > message1 > fro...

Changing values in a value box
Hi all, I have a data set that looks like this: DATE A$ B$ A% B% mar-14 50 100 33 66 mar-21 100 100 50 50 mar-28 75 25 75 25 I want to chart the percentages by each date, but I want the "value" box to display the dollars. The only way I can think to trick the Excel chart is create 2 x-axises and hide the $ axis, but then the $ values don't match the height of the % columns. Is there a way to link the $ values to the % columns? Thanks. Josh, To chart only the percentages, select the Date column, and also the two % columns (drag throug...

Charting data as 'boxes'
Hi All I have an x-y chart (y is a date axis) and a series of events happening along the x-axis. The x-axis is the position along a datum, and I'd like to show a 'box' starting at one x value through to a second x-value to define where the event is happening; then the top and bottom of the box define the start and finish dates. I can store the data in a table easily enough, [ID;Startx;Endx;Starty;Endy] but is it then possible to use it to define the four corners of a box and get it to draw a series of 'boxes' on a chart ?? Hope this makes sense ! Regards John P J...

help
I have some texts files, which i want to read in each line, and then write back each line to a new text file. So for example, I want to read in the 2 lines below: "C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8 "",0,0,0,318.592,83.04552 I store each line of data in the following vector: std::vector<CString> FileData; So FileData[0] =3D ""C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8" FileData[1] =3D """,0,0,0,318.592,83.04552" (the data is in the vector correctly) Then I go to write the data to a new text file... FILE ...

Dynamic text
Hi, I would like to add a serial number to a publication I'm designing. Is there a way to get a different number (sequential or otherwise) on a publication? Thanks Brian W Mail merge, create a data file. Read the help files, it is the way to all knowledge. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Brian W" <brianw@gold_death_2_spam_rush.com> wrote in message news:eFVmhdGUDHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to add a serial number to a publication I'm designing. Is there > a way to get a different number...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Print Preview only shows in Grey Scale
Hi There, I just got finished creating my letter head in MS Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print Preview it only shows in Grey Scale. How do I view it in color? Thanks! Does it print in color? Do your other publications show color in print preview? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6dd401c42f4f$73c41a50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi There, > > I just got finished creating my letter hea...

Time Format to Text Output
Hi I run Excel 2K I have a series of times that I download from the mainframe. (these are in a date format) EXAMPLE 23/09/2009 6:07:00 AM 22/09/2009 9:22:00 PM 22/09/2009 7:40:00 PM etc etc I am in need of a formula that looks at these times, and based on their values, displays a particular piece of text. (in this case "DAY", "AFT", "NIGHT") Example Any time between the following: 7:20:00 AM to 3:19:00 PM should display the word DAY Any time between the following: 3:20:00 PM to 11:19:00PM should display the word AFT Any time between the following: 1...

Multiple Series Pie Charts
Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed next to one another. Thanks, Chad Chad - Make a pie chart, not as a separate chart sheet, but located on a worksheet (a blank one, if you like). Make another and position it on the worksheet next to the first. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Chad BATES wrote: > Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in > excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed > next to...

Opening Text Files and Re-Saving Them
Hi. I am trying to write some code which will allow a user to select a folder and then will open all of the text files in that folder and re-save them as excel files. I have sorted out the code to enable the user to select the folder they wish to use, but am looking some assistance on the looping to enable each of the text files to be opened and re-saved. Can anyone suggest how I might do this. Thanks. If the text files are all the same, you could record a macro that Opens, saves as an excel file, and closes the file. Then that recorded macro could be modified to open...

Limiting The Amount of Text
Hi, Is there a way I can limit the amount of Text I can enter into th cells of a selected column? For example, when listing on eBay, the description bar on eBay i limited to 40 characters. Since I list items on eBay with Excel, i would save me a lot of time if I were able to lock the cells in m "Description" column to 40 characters instead of going back an counting all the characters in those cells. Is this doable ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum....

A line showes up in print that is not on the screen in publisher.
I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line. How do I deleate it? What version Publisher are you using? The line could be behind something else on your page. You could be experiencing printer driver problems. Look into an upgraded driver. Select all on your page, do you see the line segment? If you cannot see the line to delete it, open another instance of Publisher and copy/paste each of your objects into the new publication. Some corruption may be going on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...

Auto expanding X Axis for Chart
I have a chart setup, currently with reference to 31 cells width. The chart looks great if the user places a value in each of the 31 cells, however if there are only say 20 values placed across the cell row, the chart is displayed over to one side, with nil values displayed where no dat values were entered. Is there a way to have the chart automatically vary the width depending on the amount of values entered across the refernced row of cells? If there was only 20 values entered, then the chart would show 1-20 charted and leave out the 21-31. Corey.... EXCEL 2007...

Can I convert footnote numbers to text
I'm working with a document where the author has used the automated endnote facility in Word. Since this is about to be translated into Quark for typesetting, I need the endnote marks and the numbers with the endnotes to be real numbers, not endnote marks -- Quark will not read them as numbers. I was sure I did the conversion using ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText in Visual Basic once before, but I can't seem to make it work. Help! There are 20 chapters with about 40 endnotes each. ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText only works with paragraph numbering (and LISTNUM fi...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

How to show debug messages from MFC application on command line?
Hi all, I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). I tried to call cout << "some text" << endl; but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. >I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). Bob, For the latter, use OutputDebugString. Dave >>I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >>commandline (or better in t...

Organizational Chart
I'm trying to automatically resize an autoshape. However, in the format menu on the alignment tab, "Automatic size" is grayed out. Would you please help me to make this available to checkmark. Thank You. B Select the autoshape and right click the mouse and select Format Autoshape. Stuart ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Stuart, But the "automatic size" is greyed out. How do I make that option available? Thank you. B...