Text box in Excel Chart

I am unable to place a textbox into an Excel chart plot area and have it
remain visible when the textbox in un-selected.  Cannot view, does not show
up in Print preview unless I click outside of the chart in some cell.
Have tried "draw/order/bring to front"
Any good ideas?
0
rrs (2)

Your textboxes are on the worksheet, instead of on the chart.
When you activate the chart, it covers the textboxes.

To add a textbox to the chart:

First, select the chart (it will have a black square handle in each
corner, and on each side)
Then, add the text box to the selected chart.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/12/2005 2:27:04 AM
In fact, if you select the chart as Debra describes, then start typing, when you
press Enter, the text you typed appears in a text box in the middle of the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> Your textboxes are on the worksheet, instead of on the chart.
> When you activate the chart, it covers the textboxes.
>
> To add a textbox to the chart:
>
> First, select the chart (it will have a black square handle in each
> corner, and on each side)
> Then, add the text box to the selected chart.
>
> rrs wrote:
>
>> I am unable to place a textbox into an Excel chart plot area and have
>> it remain visible when the textbox in un-selected.  Cannot view, does
>> not show up in Print preview unless I click outside of the chart in
>> some cell.
>> Have tried "draw/order/bring to front"
>> Any good ideas?

Thanks to you both.....I felt sure I was doing it exactly as Debra
stated....however I guess not.  Apparently you were correct....it works!

"rrs" wrote:

> I am unable to place a textbox into an Excel chart plot area and have it
> remain visible when the textbox in un-selected.  Cannot view, does not show
> up in Print preview unless I click outside of the chart in some cell.
> Have tried "draw/order/bring to front"
> Any good ideas?
0
rrs (2)

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

data input in text box

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

Sum column values that contains text &/or dates
Column D3 thru D43 contain a mixture of values & dates. For example: D3 = 16,026.76 D4 = 11-18-05 D5 = blank D6 = 6,855.34 D7= 11-03-05 D8 = blank D9 = 5,270.00 D10 = 11-02-05 Need sum to equal 28,152.10 (total only values from entry or formulas) Thanks so much. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489114 If your dates are text strings which say "11-18-05"...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...