tertiary y-axis?

i've been scaling data to fit in the existing 2 y-axes
available in excel.  is there a way to have a tertiary (or
more) axis?

thanks
ashok
0
ashok3213 (2)

i've been using essentially the same technique as in the
referred website but its become quite a chore now since
i'm dealing with all kinds of data.

i'm trying to find out if there's a way to add a "true"
tertiary axis (ie no data scaling, just add the data
series, and assign another axis).
thanks
ashok

http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAx
is.html

>ashok wrote:
>> i've been scaling data to fit in the existing 2 y-axes
>> available in excel.  is there a way to have a tertiary
(or
>> more) axis?
>
>--
>Debra Dalgleish
>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>
>.

0
ashok3213 (2)
7/25/2003 1:59:59 PM
Excel is not very good for this. You need an addon program like SigmaPlot.
But your need must be real to afford the $$$.
Bernard

"ashok" <ashok3213@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> i've been using essentially the same technique as in the
> referred website but its become quite a chore now since
> i'm dealing with all kinds of data.
>
> i'm trying to find out if there's a way to add a "true"
> tertiary axis (ie no data scaling, just add the data
> series, and assign another axis).
> thanks
> ashok

0
bliengme (657)

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

2007: Can't set axis max by date
I am finding in 2007 that if i go to the "format axis" dialog, and for "max" put a date, like "5/1/07", this will not format the axis with that as the maximum. I have to [correctly] translate it to the serial number for the date (in this case 39203) and enter that value into the dialog. In previous versions, one could just enter the date in this dialog and the chart axis was correctly formatted with the date value that you entered directly into the dialog as the correct max for the axis [with no need to translate to serial number for that date]. Is this ...

tick marks on all 4 sides of an x-y chart
I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and if so how do I do it Hi, Hopefully a combination of these 2 will help. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy mickey wrote: > I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale > values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and > if so how do I do it -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value on the primary y axis? The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72 times the maixum on the primary. I have been searching but cannot find anything on this. Thanks, Hi, Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via code. This shows you how to link it to a cell. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.htm...

divide column(x) by column(y) to give column(x/y) in excel?
I'm trying to divide one column by another column to give me another column of awnsers as in B1/C1=D1, B2/C2=D2 etc... Is this possible? Thanks In cell D1 enter the following formula: =B1/C1 Copy this formula down column D as far as you need. The cell references will increment automatically. HTH, Elkar "James" wrote: > I'm trying to divide one column by another column to give me another column > of awnsers as in B1/C1=D1, B2/C2=D2 etc... Is this possible? > Thanks ...

X axis on XY scatter chart
I have an XY scatter chart that shows a percentage on the y axis and the month/year on the x axis. The January label/tick mark is right on the y axis. However, my data is inbetween the January and February tick marks. How can I make the data points fall over the tick marks? I know I can drag them manually, but I want this to happen automatically as the chart is updated. Thanks! What do your X values look like? Are they numeric (e.g., 1/1/2004), or text labels ("January")? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions...

split y axis for visual clarity
I have a data series I want to chart. Most of the data lies within a set value range; however, there is one (so far) data value that is huge compared to its neighboring months and this creates a visual problem. To accomodate the scale range of the one odd data point, all the other data look very small and it is difficult to see the relative size of the majority of the data as time goes by. Is there a way to "split" the scale on the y axis so I can make the majority of data more visible, with only the top of the odd piece showing above the split scale? I hope I asked this c...

Category axis title length
Hi, I made a chart but one title is apparently too long because it shows only partially. Title is "different cultures" only word "different" shows. If I put words together title shows "differentculture". What can I do that the whole title would show correctly? Any ideas? Unfortunately, Excel doesn't trust you to resize your own axis titles and axis labels. You can get around this by using a textbox. The easiest way to put a textbox into a chart is to select the chart and type what you want the label to say. When you press Enter, the textbox will appea...

Template workbook forgets dates for x axis
I have set up a workbook with the design that data is input (pasted) in 8 columns: date, time, and 6 x 'data point' columns. A calculation sheet does some work on the data and charts on different sheets look at the calculation sheet for data. The workbook is supposed to be a master with no data and the charts looking at blank cells until data is input. Then a copy is saved for ongoing use with all charts set up and displaying the correct info without user interaction. The calculation sheet combines the input date and time to display "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm"(with a formula...

How do I create a new attribute that adds 2 fields Y+Y=YY
How do I create a new attribute that adds the SUM of two other attributes. It's a simple Y+Y=YY equation.. Nothing fancy very simple! The attributes are both located on the saem Opp form. CRM doesn't support calculated fields in this manner. You either need to write JScript to do the math when 1 value changes or use a Pre-callout to do the calculation before the record is saved. The callout will fire when updated are done via the API's, where the JScript won't. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "ConSol IT" <ConSolIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Conditional font in chart axis
How can I control the font in a chart (format axis, font strikethrough) with Visual Basic code. . I would like to switch the font on the values depending on the status of my calculations. I have a complex risk analysis that takes about 10 seconds to calculate on a 2 GHz machine. The calculation is only activated by pressing a button but I want to make sure that if the spreadsheet is not recalculated the values has a strikethrough. Thanks for the help, Urban Urban - Make yourself a dummy chart, with the text elements you'd like to reformat. Turn on the Macro Recorder, and make...

Ability to send mail to secondary and tertiary email addresses
Currently, email can only be sent to a contacts primary email address. Even if 2 or 3 email addresses exist on the contact list, there is no way of selecting those addresses when emailing contacts. The only way to do so currently is to load the contact, modify the email addresses, then select the contact when sending an email. It would be nice to select from a list of multiple email addresses for a particular contact, or even have the option of entering a manual email address. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestio...

Interrupted axis
Does anyone know if there is a way to make interrupted axes? Fo example, numbers going up the y-axis 1,2,3,4, then a break and startin again at 10,11,12 etc without having all the values in between 4 and 1 shown. thanks for the help -- quickdraw57 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- quickdraw574's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27301 Hi, Have a look at Jon's example, which also contains links to other solutions. http://peltiertech....

OWC.CHART - Why does my X-Axis come out in the wrong order
I have been searching the web for help on this... and other people are experiencing this problem as well, but I can't find a solution that works. Basically, I am using asp and OWC.Chart to create a chart. I am running a SQLServer query, and sorting my data in the order that I want it displayed in the graph, then sending it to OWC.Chart to be displayed. cht.Type = c.chChartTypeLine This Chart should have multiple lines plotted on it for each of the different products, and it is set over a date range on the x axis. Most of the time, it lists the dates in the correct order, but ...

Great Plains 8.0 y CRM
Hi, There is any issue to know about GP 8.0 and CRM installation, both in the same server? LIke security, performance... something like that... Thanks a lot. -- Evelin. ...

Excel 2003 Line Chart
Hi. I have a line chart no problem. Values as usual up the vertical axis and labels along the bottom horizontal axis. I would really like to switch these around and have my labels going up the vertical. Is this possible? You can't switch a line chart's orientation. However, you can fake it. Check out the Dot Plot (tutorial and utility): http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "sot" <sot@discussions.microsof...

Problems with Secondary X Axis #2
Jon Hi, Thanks for the quick response. but I am using 2 series and both are scatter charts. Also I can't get the x-axis secondary to be an option. This is the code I used: ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "=hpepupperf! R6C20:R75C20" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = "=hpepupperf! R6C18:R75C18" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Select ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 2 With ActiveChart .Axes(xlCategory, xlSecondary).MinimumScale = _ ...

Tertiary Y Axis
Hi, Would anyone please be able to help me add a tertiary axis to an xy scatter graph? Previous threads on this subject had a link to a site which once contained this information but no longer does. Whilst I realise that having three y-axes is not usually desirable this is a special case. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks Hi, Construction of the axis itself is straight forward. Use a variation of Jon's arbitrary axis http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html You will of course need to rescale your data to this new scale. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Exc...

x y axis swap
Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis? Hi Chris, 1)Right click in the Chart Area (the white border on the chart) 2)Select he Source Data item from the popup menu 3)Open the Series tab 4)Note the item X-value ....Sheet1$A$10...<red thing> Click the red thing, select the read x-values with mouse, click the red thing again OR carefully type the correct cell references for the x-values 5) Repeat step 4 for y-values. Note you can do the same thing while making the chart: follow instructions 3 and 4 at Step 2 of Chart Wizard Best wishes Bernard "Chris" <cscultho...

X-Y gridded data into columns
Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids (1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) columns, with X, Y, and the value from the grid. Example: B A A C D A C C D to be put into: X Y value 1 1 B 2 1 A 3 1 A 1 2 C 2 2 D 3 2 A 1 3 C 2 3 C 3 3 D Can anyone help? On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:22:52 -0800 (PST), CM <schrader23@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids >(1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) >columns, with X, Y, and the value from the ...

Is it possible to plot this kind of data in a (line) chart w/ preferred axis? How?
How would I plot this data in a line chart? (MS Excel 03) (Samples below should be viewed in non-proportional font or formatting will not be clear) Raw data (below): A B C D E 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1060 0 @ 865 0 @ 1200 10 @ 1700 10 @ 1700 2 @ 1340 2 @ 1325 2 @ 1460 na na 17 @ 2400 11 @ 2400 12 @ 2200 26 @ 5000 26 @ 5000 24 @ 4800 18 @ 4200 20 @ 5000 The catch is I need to have the 2nd # be the X axis (0...6000). I can put the data in the spreadsheet something like this and tell it to ignore empty values (...

chart x-axis values appear as a series
The x-axis values do not appear on the x-axis but appear as another series on the chart. How do I specify the x-axis values for a chart? Existing chart: Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. For a new chart, fix the data first. Put the X values in the first column and Y values in the columns to the right. Put a label (series name) in the row above the first row of data for each set of Y values, but keep the cell atop the X values blank. Select the entire range, including X values, series names, and blank cell, then start the chart wizard. The blank cell helps Excel interpret t...

Hello! I'm a stand alone mother, I'm unemployed. My little childrens are cancered. They are twins.We are living in horrify misery .We have no money for food, medicine, heating and medical operation .The operation is the most important it's cost $3.000 If you want to help us send money to the following bank account : HU85119911198222607100000000 Thank You ...