switching x axis

Some of the data from my worksheet is plotted on the 1st Y axis, some on the
second (as I want it to be). But the X axis appearing on my chart uses the
dates from the 1st X axis. How do I get it to rather use dates from the 2nd
X axis?
0
Jonny1 (25)

Assuming the chart has both primary axes and both secondary axes. If a
series is plotted on the primary axis, it has to use both primary axes. If
it's plotted on the secondary axis, it has to use both secondary axes. A
series cannot use one primary and one secondary axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"jonny" <jonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of the data from my worksheet is plotted on the 1st Y axis, some on
> the
> second (as I want it to be). But the X axis appearing on my chart uses the
> dates from the 1st X axis. How do I get it to rather use dates from the
> 2nd
> X axis?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Chart, X-axis range
I'm using Excel 2003. In column A, I have dates from June 1 to December 31 (6/1 - 12/31). In columns B, C, D I have data for each date. I create a line graph for the month of June. When I create the graph, I select the range that includes only the June dates. The dates form the X-axis of the chart. The dates displayed range from 5/30 to 7/2. Where are the May and July dates coming from? I've verified that I selected only June dates. There aren't even any May dates in the spreadsheet. Dick Evans Hi Dick Excel seems to guess that you want to show complete weeks. One simple solutio...

CD KEY office X doesn't work after update Office 10.1.2
Can someone please give the solution for the following: I installed Office X, after I updated this version with Office 10.1.2 my CD Key didn't work anymore. What do I have to do? Thanx! Franc Hogguer <f.hogguer@zonnet.nl> wrote: > Can someone please give the solution for the following: > > I installed Office X, after I updated this version with Office 10.1.2 > my CD Key didn't work anymore. > > What do I have to do? Carefully check whether you entered the key correctly (see <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;332010>) If that ...

how do i plot a graph that has more than 2 axis
I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis on the same graph What are you trying to graph that would require two of each axis? "UK ENGINEERING" wrote: > I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis > on the same graph Doesn't matter what he's plotting. Here's how to get all axes you're entitled to. Usually when you tell Excel to plot a series on the secondary axis, all it does is add a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X axis, choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes t...

Combination chart: primary data labels obscure line series on secondary axis
I have a combination chart; a stacked column chart on the Primary Axis and a line chart on the Secondary Axis. I use the stacked column chart to display "bands" which I then overlay with the second data series. So far so good, the line segments and markers draw "on top of" the bands. But when I turn on data labels for the stacked column chart (to identify the bands), they display in *front* of the line series?! The column itself, remains behind, but the text of the data label is drawing on top of the series. Is there a way to force the labels *behind* the series on the se...

What are the correct proxy bypass settings to use in OS X network pane . . .
.. . . so that we can update Office programs using "Check for Updates" menu selection under the Help Menu in each of the Office programs? <bgoldes@alfred.com> wrote in message news:1152723127.185541.191960@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... >. . . so that we can update Office programs using "Check for Updates" > menu selection under the Help Menu in each of the Office programs? > I've never needed any and I'm running a small network behind a firewall. Give us some more info about your setup to go by. Thanks, Mark mmmmark wrote: > <bgolde...

Money 2005: Shouldn't the 'Market Value' = 'Last Price' x 'Quanti
For Microsofts Money 2005 delux, shouldn't the 'Market Value' equal the 'Last Price' times the 'Quantity' in the 'Valuation' view of the 'Portfolio Manager', . For example, one line reads: "SYMBOL: ABC , CHART: [^], NAME: ABC Technology Inc., LAST PRICE: 32.65, QUANTITY: 20.000, COST BASIS: 432.00, MARKET VALUE: 15,724.18, INCOME: , PRICE APPRECIATION: 221.00" As you can see, all of the calculations, except the "MARKET VALUE" are correct. Even the PRICE APPRECIATION which depends on the value of the "MARKET VALUE&...

Does Outlook 2003 offer the ability to "switch identities," like in Outlook Express?
Please post future questions in the body of your message rather than just in the subject line. You can create separate mail profiles in Outlook 2003, but you must close and restart Outlook to switch between profiles. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "JO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81D8AD39-D64D-4384-AE5A-26C344B446D0@microsoft.com... > Might someone tell me how to "tell" Outlook 2003 to swi...

Microsoft Office X
Hi all, My hardrive crashed on my powerbook so I got a new one and had to reinstall everythiing back. However, my microsoft office X was working and all of a sudden, my excel, word, and powerpoint doesn't work, but my entourage works still. everytime i click on excel, word, and powerpoint, it leaves me a message that says "excel has unexpectedly quit". Can someone tell me how to fix this? How do I uninstall Microsoft Office X completely out of my system so I can reinstall? Mac doesn't have uninstall option and I'm not sure how to do it. Need help !!! On 10/28/03 03:...

Auto Scale X axis doesn't work with "" values in cell
First of all, thanks to tushar: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html I'm trying to get a chart to work with the basic ranges defined as this: XValues =OFFSET('Basic Range'!YValues,0,-1) YValues =OFFSET('Basic Range'!$B$5,0,0,COUNTA('Basic Range'!$B:$B)-1,1) Assuming dates in A5-A16 and data in B5-B16. However, this won't work if the data in column B is equal to this "" I get the "" from an if statement: If cell in column A is blank, then cell in column B = "" or =IF(isblank(A11),"&qu...

Trying to display Chinese SimSun font in Word X
I have a Word document where part of the document is in the Chinese font SimSun. It opens perfectly in Mac Office 2008 on my computer. I need to have someone else work on this document. They have a really old Mac running Mac Office X. They have installed the SimSun font and it appears to be active in the system. If they open the document in Word X the SimSun characters just appear as lines. If they open a new document and select SimSun as the font and type they get standard Roman characters. I have never really worked with a non-Roman character set before and am not sure what else to ...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

Overlapping data series in 2 axis chart
I've got a chart with a primary and secondary axis, trend lines and bars. When it is plotted, the primary bar has been placed on top of the secondary axis bar. I have tried adjusting the gaps and overlap but this doesn't seem to have worked. Can anybody help please? Thanks Diane Jon Peltier has some instructions on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Diane wrote: > I've got a chart with a primary and secondary axis, trend > lines and bars. When it is plotted, the primary bar has > been placed on top of the ...

Switching dialog in CSplitterWnd
Hi, How do I change the dialog currently showing in a CSplitterWnd? I create the splitter window like this (in OnCreateClient): m_pSplitterWnd->CreateStatic(this,1,2,WS_CHILD); MyDlg *dlg = new MyDlg; dlg->Create(IDD_MYDLG, m_pSplitterWnd); MyDlg *dlg2 = new MyDlg2; dlg2->Create(IDD_MYDLG2, m_pSplitterWnd); ::SetWindowLong(dlg->m_hWnd, GWL_ID, IdFromRowCol(0,0)); ::SetWindowLong(dlg2->m_hWnd, GWL_ID, IdFromRowCol(0,1)); This works fine. However, how can I change one of the panes to display another dialog? I tried to just create another dialog and then set it with ::SetWin...

Red x in box instead of picture
All of a sudden I get a red x in a box in my preview pane instead of pictures. What setting do I need to change? This isn't an Outlook issue, but an issue with IE: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp This should resolve the problem for you :) "bax2future" <bax2future@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4240308F-0E85-4821-8C30-AD5C40B31871@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden I get a red x in a box in my preview pane instead of > pictures. What setting do I need to change? ...

Hide Graph of Data Outside X-Axis Range
I have an XY Scatter graph with data back into the 1990's (for example, 10-Year US Treasury yields). The graph references all of the data so that when I change the dates on the x-axis (my range of dates I want to view), I don't have to redo the data references. The problem is, the graph of Treasury yields (let's call it a blue line) is starting outside the chart border where the y-axis labels are...instead of starting at the y-axis. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance. If none of your series use markers, the lines should terminate on the boundaries of the ...

3M 917DCNA Contour Surface Sanding Sponge, 4.5 in x 5.5 in x .1875 in, Fine
Price:$2.88 Image: http://megadealfinder.info/image.php?id=B00004Z49M Best deal: http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B00004Z49M 3M, Contour Softback (5MM), 4-1/2" x 5-1/2" x 3/16", Fine, Flexible Sanding Sponge, Abrasive On 1 Side, Washable & Re-Usable. ACCESSORIES: Wood:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000IMV8LU Creating a New Old House: Yesterday's Character for Today's Home (American Institute Architects):http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=1561587923 ...

Two points with same (X, Y) coordinates in Excel
Greetings, everyone. Is there any way to have Excel draw a circle around a point on a scatterplot? I ask because I have two points with the same X and Y values, which is causing one of the points to hide under another. Thank you for your help. Jay Format/ Data Point for one of your 2 superimposed points, & choose an appropriate symbol. -- David Biddulph "Jay" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message news:%23gSxc1z8GHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Greetings, everyone. Is there any way to have Excel draw a circle around a > point on a scatterplot? I a...

how to set up 12 name x 12name chart
i have to make a chart for the darts team with 12peoples name and everyone plays each other in a round robin style format What is the purpose of the chart? What will it show? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <31B46F99-8084-4F11-8336-33E27E530C47@microsoft.com>, steve@discussions.microsoft.com says... > i have to make a chart for the darts team with 12peoples name and everyone > plays each other in a round robin style format > I've seen something like this ...

Place X in cell if criteria met`
Is there a formula to do this? If cell B2 = pencils Put an "X" in cell B7 If cell B2 = pens Put an "X" in cell B8 If cell B2 = erasers Put an "X" in cell B9 Thanks in advance in cells B7 put =if(B2="pencils","x","") in Cell B8 put =if(B2="pens","x","") In cell B9 put =if(B2="erasers","x","") "jhicsupt" wrote: > Is there a formula to do this? > > If cell B2 = pencils > Put an "X" in cell B7 > > If cell B2 = pens ...

Printing Emails
I have a user that is trying to print emails from Outlook 2000. When she clicks on File-Print, the next adjacent open program (could be word, internet, excel, etc) on the taskbar opens up in front of Outlook. She then must minimize that screen to find the email message with print dialogue box behind it. Any ideas on what would be causing this or a way to fix it? Thanks ...

Can Office98 work with OS 10 X Panther 10.3?
I have an old iMac. It is currently using 0S 9.2. I want to upgrade the system to OS 10 as I understand some old programs that use OS 9 might run on them. I am especially wanting my Office98 to work with this system and would be curious if anyone knows if it does -- and if there are problems that will arise from this. Thank you In article <1103849657.881336.195410@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Dave" <dswanson@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I have an old iMac. It is currently using 0S 9.2. I want to upgrade > the system to OS 10 as I understand some old programs...

Automatically adjusting the value-axis
Hello all, I have four graphs that are related, and they should have the same scaling on the (vertical) value-axis. Is there a way to make this happen automatically without using VBA-code ? (i.e. set the scale on the first, and then the other three will use the same settings, perhaps based on values in cells or something) I can think of putting all four series in all four graphs, with one line visible and the other three hidden, so that excel will automatically scale the four to the same min-max values. The drawback is that this is often not the best choice of scale, and changing one ...

Login failed for user 'x', Error: 18456
hi I've installed sql server 2005 express on my winxp machine (sp3). And created a login and restored a database and created a database user based on that login. When I from my asp.net app tryes to connect I get a Login failed for user 'x' error. Also I get this error when login into the sql servre management studio, so the error isn't all about asp.net. Think this is related to the configuration of remote connections, I've enabled remote connections ("using both TCP/IP and named pipes") These services are running on my computer: Sql Server ...

Logarithmic x-axis does not work for seconday axis data series in Excel 2007?
I have 2 data series - one using the primary vertical axis and one using the secondary vertical axis. This works fine as long as the x- axis is linear. However, when I change the x-axis to logarithmic, it only plots the series using the primary axis as logarithmic. The series using the secondary axis maintains its linear shape. Any ideas on how to work around this problem? I am using Excel 2007. It appears that when you select a set of data to be displayed on a secondary axis, by default, you get a secondary X-axis as well. When you select the graph, you should see tabs at the top for D...

labels closer to axis
How do I get the x-axis labels closer to the axis? When I format the labels I can modify how much they're offset, but even setting it to 0 doesn't really improve it much. Failing that, is there a way to create a "leader line" from the label to the spot on the axis to which it pertains? Hi, If the offset of 0 does not get your labels close enough then you may need to create your own axis labels. See Jon Peltier's collection of articles on creating your own axes. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis If you want to create leader lines you will have...