Suppress higher values in y-axis

How to get a y-axis which doesn't show any values at its upper half, eg: a
line with tick-marks up to 200 but the values shown in axis is until 100 only
(blank line in upper half of y axis)?

Thank you.
0
Casy (4)

Hi,

You can use a custom number format.

[White][>100]General;General

You will have to set the font colour to have transparent background.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How do I move the Category Axis labels outside of the Plot Area?
I have negative numbers in a simple bar chart and the axis labels are crowding on top of the negative bars. I have the offset maxed out, however, in some charts this just isn't enough. Please help. Hi Brian, Double click the x axis and on the Patterns tabs you need to set Tick mark labels to Low. Cheers Andy Brian Shoun wrote: > I have negative numbers in a simple bar chart and the axis labels are > crowding on top of the negative bars. I have the offset maxed out, however, > in some charts this just isn't enough. Please help. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Exce...

Count each group of values
I need a formula or vba code to count how many groups of "X" values and how many "X" in each group. Sample: a1 ah1 X X X X X X X A A A A X X X X X X B B B B B B X X X X X X X X X X X X Result i need with the code or formula 1 group 7 "x" 2 group 6 "x" 3 group 12"x" Thanks for help Paulo JP, Bob Umlas has all the answers at http://www.emailoffice.com/excel/arrays-bobumlas.html --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks "Kieran >" <<Kieran.1023bg@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Kieran....

Color of a particular label on the Axis
Is it possible to have a color different from the other ones for particular label on the x-axis -- rvExcelNewTi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rvExcelNewTip's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50100 Hi, Have a look at this page. The last chart image contains a single formatted axis label. http://www.andypope.info/charts/staggeredlabels.htm Cheers Andy rvExcelNewTip wrote: > Is it possible to have a color different from the other...

Incorrect Account Value
I'm using money 2003 and it seems that my account values for my investment accounts are incorrect. When I look in my portfolio the stocks and cash add up to the total account value (this figure is correct), but when I look at the totals on the main accounts list page the # is quite different. I understand that this number is coming from the account value total which is displayed when you click on view invetment transactions within each account, but this # is incorrect. Any suggestions?? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, E M wrote: >I'm using money 2003 and it seems th...

Charts and sub-values
I have a table that contains 3 main columns. the first one is (company name) and the other two are some numbers (values) related to that company. Within company names, sometimes there are sub-companies related to the main company with its sub values. I am trying to create a chart; the problem is that the chart will show all the data including the sub values. I want excel to stop charting sub-rows or values and just represent the main values in the main rows. How can I do that? Hi fofo: I believe there are more options to do that. A quick,manual approach is to hide the rows you don...

freeze values
XL2000 I made a sheet that helps me do estimates based on several different products and lengths. everything works perfectly but one little detail When I input some sizes, excel does its thing, and give me all the information in six separate cells. Problem is, in six cells just below I need to estimate basically the same product but with different sizes when I change the sizes all of the information changes on the first six cells Question is there away to freeze the first six cell information before I change the size for the next size cells Hi Alan AFAIK only be "removing&qu...

suppressing the password window
Hello: As you know, with using FRx drill-down viewer, you can drill-down to the GP Account Detail Inquiry window. Before actually being able to do this, FRx brings up a small login window. A client is wondering if it is possible to configure FRx to "bypass" this login window. It's kind of a "pain" for her to have to keep logging in every time she drills-down in order to reconcile. Thanks! childofthe1980s No, it's not. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > As you know, with using FRx drill-down viewer, you can ...

Complete unknown values in series
I have a series of lab values vs age. I can plot them on a graph and a line forms between the values forming a curve though not symetrical. Since age is a constant across the graph from 0 to 120 hours, is there a way to get Excel to predict lab values for specific ages based on the curve generated on the graph by the known values? If so, can someone help me through this? Thank you. you can use <chart><add trendline> to have Excel try to fit your data. If you have a theoretical expected fit (Log, Power, exponential, etc) you can tell excel to fit many of those curves. In ...

criteria default value?
I've created a query that has a from/to criteria as shown below: >=[From Pre-School Number :] And <=[To Pre-School Number :] The possible numeric range is 1-99, so entering 7 and 7 gives you just Pre-School 7's details, or entering 1 and 99 gives you every Pre-School's details. Is there some way to have the "Enter Parameter Value" boxes come up with a default value already in there (say 1 and 99 respectively), which the user can then typeover if they choose. Thanking you in anticipation. You can create an Access Form [frmPreQuery] with 2 Textboxes (defaulted ...

Text box and parameter values
Whenever I create a text box and run it, the parameter value comes up. I am simply trying to add a field to me report without any calculations. I go to Expression builder and select the table and field and the parameter value always pops up, why? How do I fix this? What do you have in the Control Source property of this text box? If it refers to a field that is not in the RecordSource of the report, you will need to either: a) Use DLookup() to read the value from the other table. More details: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html b) Cha...

create bar graph with two series and secondary y axis
I want to create a bar graph with two series including standard Y error bars as well as having a secondary Y axis. The bar graph looks fine untill I try and put on a secondary Y axis- then it overlays the bars on top of each other ( one bar becomes masked by the other). It wont keep them side by side. Appreciate any suggestions cheers -- macmullet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ macmullet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547755 By...

COUNT while eliminating duplicate values
I am trying to get a count for the number of employees in a range but want to eliminate duplicate values. Does anyone know the easiest wa to accomplish this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip061.htm HTH Jason Atlanta,GA >-----Original Message----- > >I am trying to get a count for the number of employees in a range but I >want to eliminate duplicate values. Does anyone know the easiest way &g...

Different Starting Points on X-Axis
Hi there, I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to chang...

Counting records according to an field value
I'm trying to get a simple matrix set up in MOSS that summarizes incident ticket totals. I just want it to count all the open, closed and resolved tickets and report them in a nice 2X4 matrix as a web part. ...

Showing a specific value against a normal curve
I'm wondering if it's possible to show a specific data point against a normal curve. I would like to be able to show where, for example, a particular test score would fall on the curve of all test scores. Suggestions please? Draw a normal curve, then add a 2nd series that represents the z-value for the test score of interest. To draw a normal curve: Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/ To add a vertical line, adapt the ideas for drawing a horizontal line Adding a horizontal line to a chart http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_...

syntax for default value
Hi, I have a simple syntax question. Respectively, the following lines of code will default the first PerID where Active=-1 and the first PerID where OHSRep=-1. =DFirst("PerID","tblPers","Active=-1") =DFirst("PerID","tblPers","OHSRep=-1") However, what I want is the first PerID where Active=-1 And OHSRep=-1. What is the syntax for the WHERE portion of the expression? I've tried various forms such as the following but get #Error. =DFirst("PerID","tblPers","Active=-1" And "OHSRep=-1&q...

Primary & Secondary axes to have same value
Good day everybody, I have a chart with two axes : Primary and Secondary. My Secondary axes has lower value than Primary. However for comparison purpose I need to make my Secondary axes to have same maximum value as the Primary axes. I know I can manually adjust the maximum value, but I would like to automate it for the convenience of my end-users as the chart value changes depending on their selection. I hope someone can guide me on this. Thank you in advance and have a great day. Best regards, Julie Hi, The only way, without resorting to VBA code, to get the scales to use the sa...

Undeleting picklist field values
I have two picklists. One using industrycode in Leads, one a custom field in opportunities. They are mapped. They originally (and always should) have the same values in the list. Several of them were removed from the opportunity picklist (and not the Leads picklist). I now need to 'restore' the original list (the leads list). Has anybody figured out a hack around to do this? I can see that the values still exist in the StringMap table, with a display order, but I see nothing that indicates which values are actually used... The only alternative is to delete the origina...

Use values from a form as criteria in a DSum
Hello All, I have a report in which the end user selects a single person or multiple people from a form and then I store their selection(s) in a temp table (ttmp_Prn_Isu). I have a report that uses this temp table as its datasource so that I can sort and group it properly. All the fields are populated via DSum function because the final report resembles a crosstab report that may contain rows with no data and yet the rows still need to be seen. My difficulty is in referencing the personID stored in the temp table ([ttmp_Prn_Isu].[IsuNm]) as criteria in my DSum function. I also have...

how to enter a value, and have it SUMMED with the existing cell co
An Excel cell contains, say= 4. How do you enter, say=2, and have the result = 6? (not COPYING and Paste As ...) ...

Is there a way to have data imported by reference then change it to the value? (Excel2007)
I have a large, multi-worksheet financial workbook and would like to import data from a worksheet then break the references and keep the data values. Someone sends in a workbook that was downloaded from the Internet (we developed) then complete it and send it back by email. This contains tombstone data as well as proposed budget details. Within the Main Workbook is a much more extensive budget and I would like to populate it with references like ='ProposedBudget'!$B$8 but then click a button or checkbox that says 'Import Completed' and keep the values so that 'Propos...

HELP! "The CRM_FullName parameter is missing a value"
One user in our organization gets this error when he tries to run any report from any computer. All other users succeed. He is member of the same groups and roles. I tested by browsing the report server like this: If i connect as the user in question to http://servername/reportserver/companyname_MSCRM I can see everything like "account distribution" and "account overview". If click on one of those as the user mentioned I get the error message "The CRM_FullName parameter is missing a value". He gets the same error regardeless of which report he selects! If...

Plotting multiple Y column data versus single X column in Excel 20
I have data arranged as Time of day in column B and multiple Y values as columns D, F, and G How do I get a multiple line chart with the multiple Y values plotted versus the single column of time values in Column B? Thanks RossM Select the column of times, then hold ctrl while selecting the data in column D, and while selecting the data in F and G. Create an XY chart, using the option with markers and lines. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "RossM" <RossM@discussions.microsoft.com...

X-axis labels wrong
I am still having the problem that I wrote in about on the 1st of March. I am making a graph of data collected during a time period, where the x-axis is the date and the y-axis is the value collected. I have several different series of data and selected the appropriate cells for the data and for my x-axis labels. I think that all of the values are plotting, but the x-axis values are incorrect. X-values: A2:A621 Different series: Y1: E2:E89 Y2: E90:E176 Y3: E177:E261 Y4: E262:E347 Y5: E348:E432 Y6: E433:E504 Y7: E505:E562 Y8: E563:E621 I am using a standard line graph and Excel ...

string value
I am using a loop to iterate through a list and sometimes need one vbTab in the code, other times need (2): vbTab & vbTab : For each Tcolumn in rs.Fields strMy=strMy & vbTab & column.Name & vbCrLf Next Tcolumn How can I do this? If I use a variable, it is not recognized by Access as the vbTab code. Thanks! Sam strMy=strMy & vbTab & iif(Needs2, vbTab, "") & column.Name & vbCrLf Replaces Needs2 with an expression that is true when you need two tabs. HTH John ################################## Don't Print - Save trees smk23 wrote: > I ...