Summing Data Series

I have just created a chart, but rather than show each
data series individually, it has added them together.

Hence the first data series shows the values from Column A
of my Sheet correctly, but the second series shows the
values from column A PLUS the valus from COlumn B,
similarly the third series shows the sum of the values
from Columns A, B and C.

Why is Excel doing this?  I am using Excel XP

That is rather strange -- unless, of course, you are creating a stacked
column chart, in which case the behavior is as expected.

If not, how *exactly* did you create the chart?  And, what does the
data set contain?

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <0c3001c3af7f$8d09c140$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
Gary.ThomsonNOSPAAAAM@PLEEEASEMidlothian.gov.uk says...
> I have just created a chart, but rather than show each
> data series individually, it has added them together.
>
> Hence the first data series shows the values from Column A
> of my Sheet correctly, but the second series shows the
> values from column A PLUS the valus from COlumn B,
> similarly the third series shows the sum of the values
> from Columns A, B and C.
>
> Why is Excel doing this?  I am using Excel XP

YOu're right, I had a stacked Data Series.  THankX.

0
anonymous (74727)

Old CRM SQL data files
We run CRM 3.0 on server 2003 with SQL 2000 server. A while back the MSCRM and METABASE files were detached from SQL 2000 and saved on a different server while the exisiting server went through an overhaul. With clean installs and current upgrades in place we now need to introduce the MSCRM and METABASE data back to CRM. We detached the empty 'new' files and re-attached the old files into SQL 2000 but now appear to have a problem and can't get CRM to access the data. It comes up with an Authentication Error stating 'Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Mak...

How to perform sum sum sum...

Summing up user defined results

sum subform to form

How to Combine Data from Several Columns?
Hi Everyone I have attached a file which contains what I need to resolve Basically, I need to combine the data in several columns together int one column. Is there a way I can do it with formulas or vb code? would really appreciate if any experts out there can help me. Thanks and Regards Kelvi Attachment filename: book1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46105 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kelvin! Probably the answer will be something like: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 ...

Importing data and time
Does anyone know what format the source data needs to be in in order to import a date/time field. For example for the date/time, the format is data | time (10/12/2006 | 9:00) Thanks for the help! ...

Look up or matching data
Hi I have a formula that works well for transferring data but I need it t recognise another cell (it has the month) Attached is a spreadsheet of basically what I'm looking to do. In Sheet2 when a tech # is entered that matches the data in sheet1 the the result of what I'm looking for appears in Sheet2 B14 to D27. The only problem now is that these results should be listed accordin to the data in Sheet2 G2 (Month dropdown) as well, which refers t Column H in Sheet1 The formula currently in use in the results area is =IF(ROW()-13>COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$30,$D$2),"",OFF...

Bubble chart with duplicate data points
I have a list with duplicate data points that I would like represented only once. i.e. - right now I get 5 Mon when I would like them all to be plotted on the same Mon. Day (x) Time (y) Count (z) Mon 0:00 1 Mon 9:00 1 Mon 11:00 1 Mon 15:00 1 Mon 22:00 1 Tues 0:00 1 Tues 1:00 2 Tues 2:00 1 Tues 14:00 1 Tues 15:00 1 Tues 16:00 1 Wed 0:00 1 Wed 14:00 2 Wed 22:00 8 Thanks! ...

Rows of data, using status columns to sort data to pie chart on another worksheet tab
Hi there, 1. I have 50 rows of data. There are many columns, but, there is one status column that I use to group the rows of data into relationships. I would like to build individual charts based on the status column. So, if I say these items are part of "Group A", information from those rows that are "Group A" will automatically show up on a chart on the "Group A" worksheet tab pie chart. I will have "Group A", "Group B", "Group C" pie charts on seperate worksheet tabs. Now, I want to move an item from "Group A" to ...

Export data to Excel
I am trying to export data from the web to excel, but excel has truncated all leading zeros of the data, i.e 0001 to 1. The default template is always general. If I change the template of excel to make all cell to text, I am able to get all leading zeros from copy and paste. Any thoughts of how to change the default excel template from the browser? Thanks! ...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Data entry & Formula in same cell
Is it possible to have a value entered into the same cell that the formula resides. For example... in cell A1 you enter 1 (for 1 foot)and this same cell calulates how many inches (A1 equals 12) One addition question is there a way to have a cell round up to the nearest even number? Thank you so much for your help. Hi Bridge 1. without VBA code it is not possible to enter a value and a formula at the same time into one cell. 2. If you number is stored in A1 use the formula =EVEN(A1) HTH Frank Bridge wrote: > Is it possible to have a value entered into the same cell > that the for...

chart data from same cell on multiple sheets
how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter sheet1:sheet5!a5 i get a invalid reference error. The values for a chartseries must all come from a single chart. You need to create a summary range on a worksheet to hold the values. This page has a few hints: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ drhamann wrote: > how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter >...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Take Data From Other Files
How do I take data from other files? I believe that somehow I would use the VLOOKUP function. Say I have a source file I'm grabing from. I want an entire column from my source file to be sucked in a particular file (working file), minus the first row (I have two files with different column names). The source file changes occasionally (numbers of rows, data, etc.). I want the information to be updated every time I open my working file. How would I do this? How would I do this if I have multiple source files? Basically, this is the situation. I have many suppliers. Each...

Clearing data from one worksheet to another
I am looking to build a sheet that will act as a "front page". It wil request some information from the user, numbers and text only. I want this data to be transferred to a particular row address (i.e A5, A8 and A10) in another sheet, where all the calculations an formulae are all set up. The data on the "front page needs to be cleared ready for the nex entries, and the other sheet must have an additional row inserted wit all the existing formulae to perform the calculations while al existing entries are kept for historical purposes. Ohhh, Is this in any way possible? Any i...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

external data doesn't show all data...
I am trying to access a SQL database (MS CRM 4.0) using the Connections feature in Excel 2007. I am able to connect to various tables and views, however, some key columns of data do not appear. I am wondering if they are hidden or I have a security issue. If I try to access the data using SQL Server BI 2005, all data is available. However using Excel 2007, the columns I need to connect the data to other tables is missing. Any thoughts? I've encountered a similar problem in the past when SQL columns were 'raw' data. Once cast to appropriate data type things worked fine....

Blocking data entry
Is it possible to configure a cell or cells to be unavailable for data entry unless data is entered in another cell or cells first? You can do this with Data Validation. Select the cell whose entry you want to restrict. Open Data Validation dialog from the Data menu, choose "Custom" on the Allow list, and enter =LEN($D$1)>0 where $D$1 is the cell which must have data in it in order to enter data in to the validated cell. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com ...

Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data?
Hi all, Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell 2003? Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I want to rotate it into a row form... Thanks a lot! You'll need to explain the rules a little better.... You want to convert 992 vertical cells into one row .....but Excel 2003 only has 256 columns. *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "cfman" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell > 2003? > > Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I...

Loss of Data going from Money 2001 to 2004
When I installed Money 2004, my previous 2001 was uninstalled, but its data converted into the new program. However, all but one entry in one credit-card account disappeared and no new entry appears when I try making a payment from another account. The one entry remaining is actually from a closed predecessor card account. This happened yesterday, and I may find more missing data. ...

Added data in columns
I am new to Excel. I have a project I am working on in which I have a column with a value from 1 to 5. Each number (and in some columns letters) represents a different answer. Is there a way to add the total number of each value? For instance I have over 2000 rows with data. In column "N", an answer can be either 1,2,3,4 or 5. How would I figure out how many answers are "1", how many are "2" an so on. Likewise there is a column with a yes/no answer. How can I see the total number of Yes's and how many No's there are? I appreciate any help. Hi ...