Strange error message

Hello,

I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a
graph that I use in a payroll document that we use.  It
contains data and a graph for each employee.  It worked
just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I
started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be
applied in this workbook" with an OK button.  I can hit
the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after
multiple clicks).  But each time I copy and paste the
graph, it gives me this message.

I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest
updates and patches available.  The file is fairly large -
41 sheets of which 13 are graphs.

One other thing to note - I am redoing the exact same file
that was used before with the exception of a few new
modifications and the previous file did not have this
problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If you need any
further info please ask and I will get an answer to you.
Thanks in advance.

Chris
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Chris,

A known issue, check here for more detail.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];215573

And Jon Peltier's page.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

GP Upgrade--9.0 to 10.0-Registration Error
I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license keys". HELP! Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, ...

Error accessing the OLE registry.
When using the Wizard to create a chart from a table which has 3 fields after selecting all 3 fields and choosing the default chart type I get the message :- Chart Wizard Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. If I then continue I get an overflow error message when clicking the Finish button and am forced to use the Cancel button to close the wizard. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be, and is it anything to do with having Access 2003 installed as part of Office 2003 Pro? Viv ...

error message with sum
(New user) In my spreadsheet, I have four columns, each with a 0 or a 1 in each cell. The last cell in each column is "total" with formula =SUM(A3:A68), with appropriate column letters for each particula one. The columns get totalled correctly, but each of the "total" cells has a green triangle. The error message is: "the formula in this cell refers to a range that has additional numbers adjacent to it." I'm not sure what this means. I can't seem to get anything from the help screens. If by "adjacent" Excel means the columns next to each other,...

time out error
I'm using a D-link router not a Linksys my out-going e- mails with attachments always time out. Using Outlook 2002 on XP. Can anyone help? ...

Business Portal Query Error
GP 10.0, BP 4, 2-IIS Servers running WNLBS, WSS 3.0, Separate SQL 2005 Cluster. I just installed the BP. It comes up and I can configure users/security, but I can not see any data on the Sales/CustomerSummary/CustomerList or Inventory/Items/ItemList - both lists show the message "Query Error." prefixed by a red-x-circle in the blue footer bar of the lists. I've searched thru the WSS trace logs when they are set to log everything, and do not see any errors reported. Help! Chris. Additional info: When I click on the red-x, I get this error description in a popup window:...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Redeployment Errors
I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I keep getting "...cannot grant access to the databases" error during the final step of installation. I'm installing with a user with administrative rights and made sure that user was in SQL with System Admin and DBO rights. Has anyone else experienced this? This can happen if you install CRM by copying files to disk from CD. Try installing from CD and use splash.exe. Also clear Enable LMHOSTS lookup check box in the tcp/ip properties. "Danielle Sturgess" wrote: > I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 install...

error during Archive in Outlook 2003
Hello, Currently we use Outlook for archival of mail, looking to get a network archival to manage mailboxes across the LAN. I have Outlook 2003 set for the default archival --- run every 14 days. For people that don't need to retain mail the archival deletes mail greater than 6 months. Others that need mail retention, anything over 6 months in the mailbox is archived to a server on my LAN. I know MS does not support pst files over a network --- but I can not rely on the users to archive/manage their mailbox, and --- the pst files must be backed up, can't sit on thei...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

how to read my messages
Bonjour, j'ai sauvegard=E9 mes messages outlook sur mon disque dur,=20 et j'ai vir=E9 outlook. Est-il possible de lire =E0 nouveau=20 ces fichiers, sans r=E9installer outlook ? Merci (ils apparaissent en .msg) ...

Access 2007 Runtime Error 3075
I'm really confused. I have two databases which use similar code to build a select statement. One has been working (DB1), the other has not(DB2). As I was debugging DB2, I brought up DB1 to compare the VB code. Suddenly DB1 started showing the same error. I tried DB1 on another computer and it still works fine there. The database resides on a network server so I am testing the same code. The error message is : Run-time error 3075 Syntax error in date in query expression '[SR Number]='09-0035' AND [Date] BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND #_/_/_'. The code looks lik...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Advanced Find
while giving criteria for Advanced find, if i select more than 13 number of users in the 'Value' field, i get an error as 'Error On Page'. for 13 and lesser number of values in the Value field, it is working fine. Please suggest a solution. Thanks in Advance ...

a compile error for reverse_iterator

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

Automation Error
I have Access-to-Excel automation trying to use 7 (seven) Worksheets. One worksheet ("DataSheet") receives the data from Access, & the other 6 are required to display 15 Charts each. All was fine w/ the using "DataSheet" & 5 Chart Worksheets, but adding the 6th Chart Worksheet & pasting in Charts which will have Cell References modified gives this... "No more new fonts may be applied in this Workbook". Apparently if I keep clicking each "instance" of this message, the Chart then is pasted & "appears" to be Working properly...

Error code 57E
I have Vista 32 bit XP windows Home Premium. Try to install 2007 Microsoft System KB972581 and Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pact 2, stalls at 50% install, however any other updates are installed. I have turned off the firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials and tried to install after, and still error code 57E on these 2 updates. The updates that did install are as follows... Cumulative Security Active X Killbits Microsoft Outlook 2007 Junk Mail Filter Security Essentials for Microsoft Office Windows Malicious Removal Tool Security Update I had this problem before with the SP2 ...

contract lines error
hi, I want to create new contract lines from ms crm 3.0 application, but there's an error. The error message: "Server Error in Application". Actually in my office there's no problem but in our client company there's an error. I want to ask, what kind of mistake that can make this error ? please help me.... Thanks, Yunita If you (or your client company) gets this error, do you/they see a series of buttons down the left-hand side of the window with the error, one of which is a user icon? If you hover over this, you get a tooltip 'what the user would have seen&#...

Multiple copies of email messages
I've read some of the other posts on this problem, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Here's the background. I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP-3). I have 3 different email accounts with comcast that I have forwarded to my Outlook. If some sends an email to any one of those account, I end up getting 3 copies of it in my inbox ... all to the same one of my email addresses. I know this isn't a problem with Comcast, because when I look at my messages on their server, there's only one copy of each. So I figure it must have something to do with the Rules ... but w...

Runtime Error LIne 297
I just set up a brand new Dell computer with Outlook 2003 as the mail program. Everytime the user opens the mailbox, she gets the following error: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 297 The debug opens, but I don't know what to do with it after that. Has anyone else worked through this? Any suggestions? ...

Error Installing SP1
I'm in the middle of installing the series of service packs for SBS 2003. Installation of the Windows Server 2003 Service pack went fine. Sharepoint service upgrade went fine. Then after unpacking EX2K3SPI and executing the upgrade I get a an error message that tells me to check the log whis is as follows Any Ideas as to what is going wrong ? eventlog.txt Log FILE [03/23/06,10:41:32] Setup.exe: GetGlobalCustomProperty(B51015E7-26A5-4c8f-B871-26ABA9BEFB65) [03/23/06,10:41:33] Setup.exe: LoadSetupDatabase() [03/23/06,10:41:33] Setup.exe: in InternalRegisterSetupService() [03/23/06,...

Filter error handling?
Hi everyone, I have a search box on a form that works great provided the number entered exists in the database. However, if it is incorrect (i.e. not found) it gives me a blank page. I can go back to my form by clicking the filter button in the menu but the people who will be using the form won't know to do that (and won't remember even if I tell them!) If I post the code can anyone suggest what I can add so that it gives a message telling them its invalid and to try again? (and where to add it! I am self-taught and everything I use has been found and adapted from...

String variable causes Compile Error
I am trying to put together a string variable for an SQL query thatcontains a DatePart function. Part of the code goes as follows:Dim dteTuesdayDate As Date Dim strSql As String Dim StrCriteria Dim Mo As String Dim Da As String dteTuesdayDate = Me!cmbTuesdayDate Mo = DatePart("m", dteTuesdayDate) Da = DatePart("d", dteTuesdayDate) StrCriteria = "Where DatePart("m", Birthdate) = Mo AND" StrCriteria = StrCriteria & " DatePart("d", Birthdate) Between "The double quotes are causing a compile error. Can any...

CRM Sales for Outlook Install error 09-15-04
Hi, I'm having some problems installing the Sales for Outlook add in, the install detects the MSDE is needed & SP3. The install gets to the point where it tries to install the MSDE then brings up a Windows Installer dialog box, pressing ok on that displays another dialog box with the following error: Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop engine (SP3a). Install it seperately and restart setup.exe. I've done a manual install and the MSDE is there & running. Any clues on how to move forward with this? Thanks, R...