stock control system

trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains
building materials.
--
Thank you.
0

You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m
head...

1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell
of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle.

2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b
easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro
available.

3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application

--
fanay
fanaya's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2520

Dragging to select multiple rows causes out of control scroll
When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll by too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? "ronlee67" <ronlee67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2940A38-DDA3-4E4B-B41A-FCEFAA3ADACA@microsoft.com... > When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll > by > too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? Hi Roplee67, You can change the scroll speed of your mouse: Start | Control Panel | Mouse | Wheel | Scrolling Depending on your OS version, access to ...

Updating stocks
After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stocks both still exist and Yahoo updates them instantly. What do I have to do to get 2003 to resume updating? Thanks in advance. -- SFF Which Stocks? What are the symbols you're using? Does MSN Money (http://money.msn.com) recognize them? -Mark "igorx" <igorx@cox.net> wrote in message news:Y1Btb.1320$vJ6.226@fed1read05... > After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating > 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stoc...

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

Editing Controls of Built-in Fields
I want to import an ACT database into Outlook. I can't import data into user-defind fields, so I want to edit built-in fields to accommodate my data. I don't find any way to change the controls or the data types of built-in fields. Mainly, I want several list (or drop-down) fields, and keyword fields. I even tried creating a new field using the listbox control, thinking I could then choose a different field in properties, but the "list type" in properties is inactive, regardless which field I choose. HELP You can't change the data types of *any* fields, custom...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Stock commission is greater than proceeds of stock sale.
I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were -$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow negative proceeds of a stock sale. How should I record this sale? In microsoft.public.money, go3049 wrote: >I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds >were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were >-$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow >negative proceeds of a stock sale. ...

ActiveX Controls Display Issue?
All, I am starting out learning vba/vbe, but I am having problems controlling the ActiveX control objects. When I insert buttons and boxes from the forms toolbar, they work fine (except they don't have the same capabilities as ActiveX controls), when I insert ActiveX controls, I am getting wierd font behavior. When the object is selected, the text in the object looks fine. But when I select a worksheet cell or another object, the font goes wierd. Each letter in the text appears to get wider, so they run into eachother and look weird. As the users selects different buttons, the...

Graphing A Time Series OF Stocks
My data looks like so: Stock TradePrice TradeVolume ExecutionDateTime EFG 5.2 8 2:40:04 PM EFG 5.5 8 2:40:02 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.3 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM ABC 1.5 4 2:31:17 PM ABC 1.6 ...

How to record a stock award
My company started giving out stock awards instead of stock options. How should these be recorded in Money (using 2004)? I have put it in as a stock option, when they "vest" they are sold and taxes are taken out. How do you record the transaction so that the taxes are shown as withheld? Thanks. Michelle ...

VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields
Hi, perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer. I'm using Outlook 2007. So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer. Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT: I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item?? Also how can I add "Outlook Specific cont...

Move View Window into Tab Control
Hi, I am trying to move the view from a frame window and place it into a tab control. I have managed this to some extent by overriding the frame window and writing my own OnCreateClient. Is this safe? What other things should I consider? It looks like I also need to correctly call SetActiveView with a pointer to the view. Anything else? regards, T One of this will work for you or get you started: http://www.codeproject.com/tabctrl/AMCustomTabCtrlDemo.asp Tom "T" <sw.tejasvi.sn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174298822.647072.37120@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > ...

Stock Market Challenge
Hi, I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work I want to get the process fully automated. Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock marke data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is passwor protected. Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use th stock market data to adjust accordingly. I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how should go about setting it up? Many thanks, Mark -- mevett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mevetts...

Change subform on control click
Is there a way to change whcih subform is displayed by clicking on a control button. I want to switch from open records to closed records without closing the main form. Steve, this sounds like filtering the form. Me.Filter = "[ClosedRecords]" = True Me.FilterOn = True Where ClosedRecords is the name of the Yes/No field that records which records are closed. When you want to show Open records Me.Filter = "[ClosedRecords]" = False Me.FilterOn = True It would be easy to use an option group for this. Assuming an option group called optFilter Private Sub optFilter_Af...

thick stock legal sized paper printing... How?
I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper... could anyone please advise how to do so? Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little trickier. Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C30D22B5-2907-4910-AF69-74E6945E1806@microsoft.com... >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper......

assertion failure on adding activex control
hi, i have placed an activex controll for real player on my dialog box. but when i run it after adding a member variable for the control, getting an assertion failure. it comes only when the dialog box is closed. no error comes after placing the control and then running it.error comes only if the member variable is added. could anyone tell me why this happens and how to solve it. i am getting the assertion failure in wincore.cpp at ASSERT(pWnd != NULL); LRESULT CALLBACK AfxWndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT nMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { // special message which identifies the window as...

Day of week time control
Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and over. I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes me. The use is for a simple area based light control in my house. Hi Vernon Maybe =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch on","Switch off") -- Regards Roger Govier "vernon" <there@there> wrote in message news:%23gF0dmcrHHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Let's say I wanted ...

Open a file similar to using system("C:\\log.txt");
Hi, this might be something really easy to do but I don't know how to... Now I want to use c++ to execute this specific file on a specific location. Essencially this pice of code does the job, but the problem is that it leaves command prompt open... system("C:\\log.txt"); any suggestion? thanks.. Jonathan You might check out ShellExecute(). -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Medical-Fix" <fachero1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1156881318.395194.89260@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, this might be something re...

How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?
I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. Please, advice me on how to get that service. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I > can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. > Please, advice me on how to get that service. > > Thanks, > > Walter There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various stock market tricks. You can find it at: ht...

Full Exchange System Restore
I wanted to confirm some steps with a full restore of Exchange 2003 I run Exchange Server 2003 SP1, on a host running Windows Server 2003 SP0. I use backup exec 10.1 and run full system backups and database backups. I read that after a full system restore, one should run the exchange setup with the /disasterrecovery switch for the exchange install and each exchange service pack. My question is since the full system backup will bring the system back to a Exchange SP1 level, do I need to run the exchange setup with the /disasterrecovery switch both for the initial setup as well as the ...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden
I have crm 3.0 installed on Windows server 2003 with sp1 and I have problem. When I opennnig the crm web site I see error... please help... Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: ...

Control Of Horizontal Page Break
When clicking on 'View - Page Break Preview', I am able to drag the page break to the right one column, so that all of the columns in my 'Print Area' are printed on the first page. Why is this so, and can I control this from VBA? Thanks for a response, Chuckles123 -- Chuckles123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14948 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319474 The way to control the number of pages that are prin...

stock transfer
transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund family. so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking account within the same bank. what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund >family. >so its just like a transfer from your...

QuickTime Control 2.0 and FBX
Hello, I am trying to playback Autodesk FBX using Apple QuickTime Control 2.0. I already have FBX plugin for QuickTime installed and I can play FBX files without any problems using standalone QuickTime player. However when I place QuickTime Control on Access form and load FBX file only blank form is displayed. Here are the steps I used to do this 1. Open new empty form 2. From toolbox select Apple QuickTime Control 2.0 3. Insert QuickTime Control in to the form 4. Open QuickTime Control properties and set path of my FBX file to FileName or URL property Regular movies like .mov or .avi ...

Online Stock Trading Guide and How the Stock Market Works #2
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

stock on hand by lot number
any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "hlv" wrote: > any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? > > You can also run the stock status report and include lot numbers. It's a 'point in time' report so you can't run it historically, but would give you the current on hand quantity by lot number. "Brenner Klenzman" wrote: > Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots > > Brenner > -- > www.KlenzmanConsulting.com &g...