standard deviation

I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare.  I
want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something else.
 All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is not
correct.  I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for both
sets.  Any help would be appreciated.  Clem

In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your
error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative)
Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back  but tell us what
version of Excel you have.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"Clem" <Clem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare.
> want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something
> else.
> All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is
> not
> correct.  I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for
> both
> sets.  Any help would be appreciated.  Clem

0
Bernard

Manufacturing Standard Cost
Hello, We are running GP 8.0 SP 2 with Manufacturing. We have a standard cost revalution journal entry is there a way to find which standard cost changes make up this journal entry? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Thanks, Brian ...

HIPAA Standards
Hello, Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic transactions ? Take care, Dave Hi, MS CRM dont provide HIPAA built in functionality. Biztalk may provide it and MS CRM can be integrated with Biztalk. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Dave Banerjee" wrote: > Hello, > > Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic > transactions ? > > Take care, > Dave > No, CRM does not provide any...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

standard deviation
I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare. I want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something else. All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is not correct. I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for both sets. Any help would be appreciated. Clem In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative) Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back but tell us what version of E...

standards in visio
hi is there any standard for designing network in visio? thanks visio doesn't design networks it assists people in documenting them. no, there are no standards. al "kyan" <gheysar_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHRQFIZPFHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > is there any standard for designing network in visio? > thanks > ...

Why Micorosoft Money only have Standard in Canada? What is the different between Candian Standard Edition and the U.S.?
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Standard reply
Is there a way of sending a standard reply to an email in outlook. With some email clients there is a reply with... option that allows you to reply to an email with a standard response. For example choosing to reply and adding the following text to the top of the email: Thank you for applying for the position but it is has already been filled. Outlook has stationary that allows you to setup templates for new messages but I can't find a way of doing this for a reply. You can use Wizard Rules for that. Post more info like version of Outlook and whether or not you're on an Exc...

Standard C++ Library
is it true that Standard C++ Library is pretty much include functions similar to the following java packages??? java.io java.lang java.util http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ct1as7hw(VS.80).aspx It seem to me the Standard C++ Library have headers to mainipulate string / characters, doing I/O, and data structure like Stack, Queue, HashMap, Vector, time, bitwise operation, exception, iterator on a collection ... etc which pretty similar to above "very core" java package So there are 3 types of library / header in C++? CRT (C runtime library) Standard C++ Library Platform S...

Converting from 2002 standard
Hi, I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the 2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it due difference version. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, Sebastian wrote: > > >I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the >2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it >due difference version. Money cannot open a version localized for another country. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197668 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;178830 Get a later ve...

Migrating off of SBS 2000 to Windows 2008 standard /Exchange 2010
We have outgrown the SBS environment and are moving to an environment with Windows 2008 std server running exchange 2010. What is the best/easiest way to get 2000SBS out of the way? As I understand it, I would bring in the 2008 server and configure as a member DC then seize the FSMO roles and then shut down the SBS 2000 server. Is that about it (excluding what I will have to do to migrate my exchange data - which I am assuming I will have to do BEFORE I seize the FSMO roles... What other gotcha'ya's might I expect?? Thanks, Brad ...

Moving from Standard/Eval. to Standard edition
Can anybody provide some assistance? I have the official media now; is it just a matter of installing a componet, do I adjust the license logging service? Looking for guidance. Thanks in advance. Is this right? run SETUP /ALL to allow for the reinstall of all components, and that's it? >-----Original Message----- >Can anybody provide some assistance? I have the official >media now; is it just a matter of installing a componet, >do I adjust the license logging service? > >Looking for guidance. Thanks in advance. >. > I'll answer my own question t...

newbie needs clarification about Standard C++ libray
Hi, In standard C++ library, there are string and iostream classes. They are by no means related to MFC CString, and iostream classes. Right? Or are MFC's CString and iostream classses Microsoft's way to implement standard C++ library? TIA Danny Ni wrote: > Hi, > > In standard C++ library, there are string and iostream classes. They are by > no means related to MFC CString, and iostream classes. Right? Or are MFC's > CString and iostream classses Microsoft's way to implement standard C++ > library? Well, they are both C++ - that's a "rela...

Standard andFormatiing toolbar
What would prevent me from deselecting the option to show the standard and formatting toolbars on one line. I right click a toolbar/customize/options and try to deselect the option, but it won't let me. TIA Greg ...

server 2003 standard
help please. i bought window server 2003 standard from a reputable company online, the package came in with 3cds, the first two are window server 2 cds and the 3rd says oem. how can i install this. i put the first cd for wind server 2003 wchis disk 1 but my computer did not read it. If the company is reputable then you should be able to contact them and they'll help you resolve the media issue. -Cliff "stap" <stap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:613754C3-F86E-4ED4-900D-89DD338567DE@microsoft.com... > help please. i bought window ...

Standards
I have been using the "lightening bolt" in my diagrams to show communications links. I have been using it for both plain analog connections (POTS lines, between premise and Central Office) as well as digital connections (connections from POPs to "clouds"). I have been told that this is not the correct use for the lightening bolt. Is there a standards document of what is to be used where how and when? And did the person(s) who told you it was not the "standard" happen to reference where they found this out? al "Delta" <Delta@discussions.micr...

MS Standard Categories
Using Money Dlx 2004. Is there any advantage or benefit of using MS Standard Categories? For example, there is category "Water & Sewer" which is standard. I prefer to have "Sewer" and "Water" as seperate groups, however, am I overlooking something by not using the standard group? I use budgeting but not the debt reduction planner, if that makes any difference. Bob Make categories that work for you. Be sure and get the tax line information correct where it's relevant. "Bob Becnel" <gotigers@ganymede.jtan.com> wrote in message new...

Error with combobox control on standard toolbar
i have code which creates a combobox control on standard toolbar on microsoft excel. i have a bug in this code ... dono where i have gone wrong ..... hope anyone can help me with this ... Option Explicit Sub AddComboNavigation() Dim cBar As CommandBar Dim c As CommandBarComboBox Dim i As Integer =91 Set reference to standard toolbar Set cBar =3D Application.CommandBars(=93standard=94) cBar.Reset =91Add Combobox Control Set c =3D cBar.Controls.Add(msoControlComboBox, 1) With c .Clear For i =3D 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count .AddItem ThisWo...

A report to get the Current Standard and Previous Standard in Manufacturing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01CAB533.5CE91860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Folks, I am wondering if anyone has already a report which can give you the = details about an item's Current Standard Cost and its Previous Standard = from which the system rolled up, to compare the differences. Is there any table in GP ( manufacturing) which keeps track of all the = Standard Cost changes for analysis purposes ? I have seen one (ICIV0323) = but it has some stra...

Standard & Enterprise Version
Hi All, We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Edition at DMZ to provide POP3 e-mail service. Our company is looking into a prodcut which will intergate with Exchange's public folder. According to database sizing, 75GB may not enough for future growth. Can I run Exchange 2003 Standard and Enterprise edition at the same Exchange orginization? Many Thanks, OldGhost On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:49:01 -0700, Oldghost <Oldghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Edition at DMZ to provide >POP3 e-mail servi...

SQL Standards
Could somebody point me to or, perhaps, could share a sql server application developer guide describing, amongst other things, dos and don'ts of query processing like use of host variable, choosing optimal transaction size, etc... Thanks in advance There is plenty on the web. Sorry for the bother. "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23$Ax9MG7KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Could somebody point me to or, perhaps, could share a sql server > application developer guide describing, amongst other things, dos and > don'ts of q...

Standard Deviation Chart
Excel 2007 Just out of curiosity, is there a way to generate a standard deviation chart in Excel? --Tom You can calculate standard deviations, and you can chart numbers. What precisely is a "standard deviation chart"? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Thomas M." <NoEmailReplies@Please.com> wrote in message news:e7ttn3ksJHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Excel 2007 > > Just out of curiosity, is there a way to generate a standard deviation > chart in Excel? ...

Fixed Assets in GP Standard.
Hi, I need to know if there is any difference between fixed Assets modulo, if I have GP Professional or GP Standard. I am talking about lost FA funcionality if I have GP Standard... Thanks... -- Evelin. There is no difference in the Fixed Assets module. "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to know if there is any difference between fixed Assets modulo, if I > have GP Professional or GP Standard. I am talking about lost FA funcionality > if I have GP Standard... > > Thanks... > > > -- > Evelin. ...

Office standard key for home student trial?
We recently purchased a netbook, and we would like to put our Office standard 2007 on it. The salesman told us we could just input the product key and it would unlock it on the netbook. Unfortunately our program is Office standard and the trial is for Office Home and Student. Since Standard has more than Home and Student I would think it would unlock it but it isnt. Any suggestions? We just bought office and we don't want to buy another one. Since the netbook doesn't have a CD drive how can we install Office without buying it again. Andi24, You don't have ...

Standard Cost Roll up (using Standard Cost Changes)
Hi all, We are finding that when we change a component on a sub-assembly, the resulting roll-up is affecting other sub-assemblies that share the same parents but not the changed component. For example: We changed the cost a component item for sub-assembly 25-0051 and roll up the sub-assembly. This sub-assembly reports to our top level 30-0100 and 30-0101. The roll-up then went and changed ALL related assemblies that share the top level 30-0100 and 30-0101. These assemblies DO NOT share the changed component but do have other proposed changes since last roll/revalue. These proposed...

spc standard deviation charts
I am a new user of excel and I need to create an s.p.c./standard deviation chart for a process but I have not got a clue as to how to setup or create this type of chart. I have not used formulas before either. Any help would be appreciated. Felix - To plot run chart data, you need two columns. The first is your X value or category: date, run number, whatever. The second is the measurement. Put a label at the top of the measurement column, but not at the top of the X column. The blank cell helps Excel decide whether to use the first column as categories. Select the range and run the chart...