Stacked column with line chart

I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed
of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend
lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I
am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on
the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom
graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want.
Can anyone help me?

---

Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it,
select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click on the Series tab.
Click the Add button, and select the range containing its data. Then
right click on the new series, which must be stacked somewhere you don't
want it, choose Chart Type from the pop up menu, and choose a line style
for this series.

For a new chart, select all the data at once and make your chart, then
change the one series to a line style as described above, then add
whatever trendlines you need.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

chameleon43341 < wrote:

> I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed
> of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend
> lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I
> am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on
> the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom
> graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want.
> Can anyone help me?
>

> ---

Callouts in Charts
Does anyone know a way to keep the pointer of a callout assigned to a point in a graph? I am trying to add additional data points to graphs and my callouts don't follow the point. Is there a way to do this without moving the call out every time? You could use a datalabel instead of a callout. Not the same visual effect but... If you do decide to go that route, you may want to use Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or Walkenbach's ChartTools (www.j- walk.com). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS O...

XL Charts: Let my mouse drag all data labels for a whole series.
Excel charts should allow my mouse to drag all the data labels for a whole series in unison. For example, instead of having to move each data label one-at-a-time to the right of each column, I should be able to move them all together. Aside from the time savings, the greatest advantage would be the ability to move all of the labels a precisely uniform and equal distance from their original locations. This feature would be especially useful when one-or-more series in a stacked column chart is too small to allow enough space to display its labels within the the column -- Stuart Brates...

Matching the Searched Value to the Adjacent Column
Hi, I'm trying to search for the maximum numeric value in one column but I want the data in the adjacent left column which is a Time variable to be displayed as the result. How do I achieve this? I can only think of MATCH, VLOOKUP. The data is quite large. Thank you very much for your help in advance. Richard try this idea =INDEX(C:C,MATCH(MAX(D:D),D:D)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <vamber001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:babc6c6f-ae70-447c-8057-2cfa2cf1a4b6@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

Disabling the Num Column
In one of my accounts, the Num column has mysteriously started to log the transaction numbers in the register. Does anyone know how to turn this off? ...

how to change the font color in the subject line
i like to know if i could change the font color (red, blue,...) in the subject line? if yes, please advise the steps. thanks, cwong668 you can't for sent messages, but you can change the look in your inbox by using views - specifically the automatic formatting option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com J...

how to copy 2350 hyperlink full paths to any column in a worksheet ?
Hi all, First of all, thank for the help I received before. I have another question : I have an excel worksheet, with about 2350 entries. All of them have an hyperlink in column A. I need to find a way to copy ONLY THE HYPERLINKS FULL PATHS of all 2350 cells to column D, NOT THE CELLS CONTENT !! The reason is that from this column D, I can generate playlists without problem. In my search for a solution, I came across following UDF which did not work and gave an error. First of all, I'm not sure if this UDF will solve my problem an secondly, if it does, how can I repare it ? Functi...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Column Chart, Displaying two values on one column.
Hello, Is it possible to display two value on one column. For example Budget = 4.6% Actual = -6.0% I can display this on a column without any problems, one column for budget and one for actual. Is it possible to add another value to the Actual so it displays on the same column but in a different colour? For example I would like to add: Net = 2.3% and display this on the Actual column in a different colour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett You can format a stacked column chart to resemble a clustered-stacked column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Cluster...

Occurrences of a date in a column
Hi all, I'm not a very good Excel user (yet!) and after going through the topics, I don't think I've found what I need, so I'll ask the question. I have one column of data which is dates: Col A 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/18/05 1/18/05 1/19/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 How can I get a count that shows: 1/17/05: 3 occurrences 1/18/05: 2 occurrences 1/19/05: 1 occurrence 1/20/05: 4 occurrences thanks for your help! Phyl To get a distinct list, select the dates, do data>filter>advanced filter, select unique records only and copy to another location when you have...

Outlook 2000
One of my users is getting a strange field above his meaggaes in the right (main) pane that's titled: "drag a column header here to group by that column" I can't figure out how to get rid of this field? Anu ideas? Enable the Advanced toolbar and click the Group By Box button. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2bef801c39346$19f38790$a601280a@phx.gbl, Jeff wrote: > One of my users is getting a strange field above his &...

Numeric reference of column. Data Grab ?
I have one column A with sites names and next 33 columns with site categories In each line i put an "x" mark at the proper column(category) that the site belongs I want to put a column in the column beside site's name and receive the description of each category The description of each category is the heading of each column ( row 1 ) vlookup or hlookup didn't work. I used match MATCH("x";B2:AH2;FALSE) and i got the column where the x is located in numeric format Can you suggest a solution to this ? Thanks -- bigexcelfan ------------------------------------...

Is it possible to keep the month and day together on one line in .
In letters or other documents, sometimes the day gets separated from the month at the end of a line. I'd like to keep the month and day together. In WordPerfect, there was a code that kept these two on the same line. Is there anything in Word 2003 that can do this. Thank you. Word probably has a solution. Ask in a Word newsgroup. Now if you really meant Publisher, highlight the date, format, character spacing... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Running Deer" <Running Deer@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Layout problem with Column/row headers
We have a user who's default Excel layout has been switched to a "mirror view" of the norm... The column headers go right to left A,B,C rather than left to right. Also the rows 1,2,3 are on the right side of the screen and sheet tabs are 3,2,1... Basically everything is backwards! We can't figure out how she did that! Thanks for any help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools, Options, International Tab, de-select the option under ...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...

Macro to unhide selected columns & rows
I'd like to develop a 'daily log', using one sheet for each of my 2 week pay periods, which allows me to cross reference the particular jobs we are working on during that time with the employees of the time. The idea being to have a cell opened for each employees start/finish times on each job we have on the go. As I see it, I need to use a pair of columns for each employee, per day (start / finish time entry) , allowing for, say 20 employees (many labourors coming and going during the season) [ (1st 2 columns for job info) + (6 days X 20 employees X 2 columns) + (6 days X 2 colum...

charts and graphs position shifts when inserting new charts
When i tried to insert new charts or graphs into my slides, the other pictures, (charts/graphs/images etc) gets shifted. I have to re-arrange them again. Is there any way to work around this problem? Which version of PPT are you using? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "wy" <wy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0684D5E-74BF-4138-A2E3-99C91CAA3FEF@m...

How do I only add every other month to my chart
I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show every other month on my chart. Is this possible, if so can you explain. Thanks! EXCEL 2007. I don't know how realistic this is as I have not seen your data but one possibility is that you could set it up as a Pivot Chart. In the PivotChart Filter Pane you can then select / de-select whichever time frames you like. Please hit yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "kmt1984" wrote: > I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show &...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

Add more columns
Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have more columns then that so can anyone please let me know how to add more. Thanks chuck, That's the way it's designed. No more that 256 columns or more than 65536 rows. No way around it either (at least in Excel). John chuck wrote: > Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. > Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have > more columns then that so can anyone please let me know > how to add more. > Thanks All versions of Excel (and Lo...

Macro to add labels to data points in an xy scatter chart
I have searched these boards, and am still without a good solution. Hoping you can help. I am aware of add in programs that will achieve this result, but I don't have that option because of the number of users I have, and permissions to install on our network. (sucks) I found this item in the microsoft support pages and am trying to apply the macro in the example. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213750 Everything works fine, the lables attach to the data points as expected, but I get "Run-time error '1004': Unable to set the HasDataLabel pro...

coding text to column
how do i code text to column in access vb? i need to import an excel book and i need to make sure that the 1st column is text. the numberformat = "@" does not work, as it still gives me conversion errors when importing 1. Create the table the way you want it (with Text for the field field type.) 2. Attached the Excel sheet (as a linked table.) 3. Execute an Append query to add the data to the table you set up. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot...

Determine Line Sequence No on Sales Order Entry form
How do I determine using VBA what is the line sequence number of the line being worked on or selected. Thank you for your help in advance. ...

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

RM statement
Hi Folks I need my address on the RM statement to be as follows : Statement Name Address Line 1 Address Line 2 Address Line 3 City Country Zip The system calculated fields use the RM_Statements_HDR_TEMP table and I cannnot find the 'Country' field there. I have managed to print the address line 3 by adding my own calculated field. I have also looked at tech # 874176 but it's not quite helping me. Also, I cannot manage to get the Zip code to print on the last line of it's own. The only way I could get that to work was if I removed it from being part of the calculat...