stacked column question

I have the following data:
A             B           C          D          E
Jan 09     10          10        100       90
Feb 09     15          14        90        90
Mar 09     15          13        95        90

i want to create a stacked column chart where columns B and D are stacked
together, and columns C and E are stacked along side the B/D column, for each
month.   How do I do that?

0
mapretty (1)

Matching the Searched Value to the Adjacent Column
Hi, I'm trying to search for the maximum numeric value in one column but I want the data in the adjacent left column which is a Time variable to be displayed as the result. How do I achieve this? I can only think of MATCH, VLOOKUP. The data is quite large. Thank you very much for your help in advance. Richard try this idea =INDEX(C:C,MATCH(MAX(D:D),D:D)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <vamber001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:babc6c6f-ae70-447c-8057-2cfa2cf1a4b6@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

how to copy 2350 hyperlink full paths to any column in a worksheet ?
Hi all, First of all, thank for the help I received before. I have another question : I have an excel worksheet, with about 2350 entries. All of them have an hyperlink in column A. I need to find a way to copy ONLY THE HYPERLINKS FULL PATHS of all 2350 cells to column D, NOT THE CELLS CONTENT !! The reason is that from this column D, I can generate playlists without problem. In my search for a solution, I came across following UDF which did not work and gave an error. First of all, I'm not sure if this UDF will solve my problem an secondly, if it does, how can I repare it ? Functi...

Disabling the Num Column
In one of my accounts, the Num column has mysteriously started to log the transaction numbers in the register. Does anyone know how to turn this off? ...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Good GP Admin Interview Questions
Our GP admin abruptly quit on us, so we've got to hire a new one. What are some good over-the-phone interview questions to help us sort the "wheat from the chaff" as it were to determine who should come in for an in-person? ...

Column Chart, Displaying two values on one column.
Hello, Is it possible to display two value on one column. For example Budget = 4.6% Actual = -6.0% I can display this on a column without any problems, one column for budget and one for actual. Is it possible to add another value to the Actual so it displays on the same column but in a different colour? For example I would like to add: Net = 2.3% and display this on the Actual column in a different colour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett You can format a stacked column chart to resemble a clustered-stacked column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Cluster...

Occurrences of a date in a column
Hi all, I'm not a very good Excel user (yet!) and after going through the topics, I don't think I've found what I need, so I'll ask the question. I have one column of data which is dates: Col A 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/18/05 1/18/05 1/19/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 How can I get a count that shows: 1/17/05: 3 occurrences 1/18/05: 2 occurrences 1/19/05: 1 occurrence 1/20/05: 4 occurrences thanks for your help! Phyl To get a distinct list, select the dates, do data>filter>advanced filter, select unique records only and copy to another location when you have...

Outlook 2000
One of my users is getting a strange field above his meaggaes in the right (main) pane that's titled: "drag a column header here to group by that column" I can't figure out how to get rid of this field? Anu ideas? Enable the Advanced toolbar and click the Group By Box button. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2bef801c39346$19f38790$a601280a@phx.gbl, Jeff wrote: > One of my users is getting a strange field above his &...

Numeric reference of column. Data Grab ?
I have one column A with sites names and next 33 columns with site categories In each line i put an "x" mark at the proper column(category) that the site belongs I want to put a column in the column beside site's name and receive the description of each category The description of each category is the heading of each column ( row 1 ) vlookup or hlookup didn't work. I used match MATCH("x";B2:AH2;FALSE) and i got the column where the x is located in numeric format Can you suggest a solution to this ? Thanks -- bigexcelfan ------------------------------------...

Layout problem with Column/row headers
We have a user who's default Excel layout has been switched to a "mirror view" of the norm... The column headers go right to left A,B,C rather than left to right. Also the rows 1,2,3 are on the right side of the screen and sheet tabs are 3,2,1... Basically everything is backwards! We can't figure out how she did that! Thanks for any help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools, Options, International Tab, de-select the option under ...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

Is my bank online? Another question
My bank states that it is online (CoastalFCU) via the money web site, so I upgraded to 2005 deluxe from 2004 deluxe. I can get all the way to the point where I am promted inside of money for my banks username and password. So I contact my bank about this and they state they currently do not support the OFX file transfer. I can download qif files from another site for my bank, but I bought 2005 since it was stated that they were online. Where do I go from here? Thanks, Barry "Barry" <no_one@home.net> wrote in message news:%23J%234$8yyEHA.1192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...

Macro to unhide selected columns & rows
I'd like to develop a 'daily log', using one sheet for each of my 2 week pay periods, which allows me to cross reference the particular jobs we are working on during that time with the employees of the time. The idea being to have a cell opened for each employees start/finish times on each job we have on the go. As I see it, I need to use a pair of columns for each employee, per day (start / finish time entry) , allowing for, say 20 employees (many labourors coming and going during the season) [ (1st 2 columns for job info) + (6 days X 20 employees X 2 columns) + (6 days X 2 colum...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

question
got similar question here. In MFC SDI, how to display content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer (1024*512) on screen?. yimi wrote: > got similar question here. > In MFC SDI, how to display > content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer > (1024*512) on screen?. > You can make in into a bitmap with CreateDIBSection and paint the bitmap. Example at http://codeguru.earthweb.com/bitmap/DIBSectionLite.shtml -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

NNTP Question
Hello all. I'm new to administering newsgroups on Exchange, so I'm trying to accomplish something and have no idea about how to go about it and hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Our organization has several mail distribution lists and what we would like is for when something is sent to the distribution list, it also gets added to a newsgroup on our Exchange server. Is this possible? If so, how do I link the distribution list to the newsgroup? Thanks. ...

2004 MSMoney Install questions
I just bought Money 2004 Deluxe and as I start the install, it starts installing IE 6.0 . I have and would like to keep IE 5.5 - any way around this ? IE 6 along with the additional features also seems prone to virus,spyware,hacks,bugs,crashes,etc - I have no problems with 5.5 and would like to stay at 5.5 . I aborted the install, so can you tell me any other MS "updates" they want me to install ? I currently am still at Win Media Player 6 and want to stay there too - the newer versions want to take over the PC. I prefer QT and Realplayer to WMP V7 and up. I have been using M20...

Add more columns
Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have more columns then that so can anyone please let me know how to add more. Thanks chuck, That's the way it's designed. No more that 256 columns or more than 65536 rows. No way around it either (at least in Excel). John chuck wrote: > Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. > Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have > more columns then that so can anyone please let me know > how to add more. > Thanks All versions of Excel (and Lo...

coding text to column
how do i code text to column in access vb? i need to import an excel book and i need to make sure that the 1st column is text. the numberformat = "@" does not work, as it still gives me conversion errors when importing 1. Create the table the way you want it (with Text for the field field type.) 2. Attached the Excel sheet (as a linked table.) 3. Execute an Append query to add the data to the table you set up. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot...

where is my question?
I placed a questions hours ago I don't find in the list How long take to appear in the list? "EdgardM" <EdgardM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9318A80-B9A5-4140-91D9-9757C7463F01@microsoft.com... > I placed a questions hours ago I don't find in the list How long take to > appear in the list? Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news reader instead. Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader....

Simple question #4
I'm relatively new to Excel and I want to creat a sheet for my expenses where I can enter a number in one column and have it subtracted from the above cell in the next column and so on, all the way down. I can do this by clicking on the bottom left of the cell and dragging it down but would like it to appear automatically. Sorry if that's not very clear. John In B1 enter the inital balance In A2 and on down enter your expenses In B2 enter: =IF(A2="","",B1-A2) and copy on down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007g "gtharwood@gmail.com" wrote: >...

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

SUM every other column
I have a large table where I would like to get the sum of every other column. My current method is to use the + key and click on every other cell. Is there a better way? Thanks, JC Something like this may work for you: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:K1),2)=0),A1:K1) or =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:K1),2)=1),A1:K1) (first formula gives even numbered columns, second gives odd numbered columns) JC wrote: > > I have a large table where I would like to get the sum of > every other column. My current method is to use the + > key and click on every other cell. > > Is there...

Looking Up the First Nonzero Value in a Column
Hello everyone, I am looking for a function that can return the first nonzero value in a column. I have a table that has months across the top and down the leftmost column. The data in the table are balances as of each month, essentially. It looks like this: J F M A M J 1 F 2 1 M 3 2 1 A 4 3 2 1 M 5 4 3 2 1 Is there a way to say, "Look in the column labeled "F" and return the first nonzero number"? Then the cell below it will need to be the number directly below that first number, and so on. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! Sincerely, T...