stacked column chart #7

I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values.  I want
the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to see
the percentages with those bars instead of the value.  For example, the total
for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such:  Group = 50,
Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125.  I want the stack bar to show a total of
200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for Group,
Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group (50/200),
12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterprise.  Is this
possible?  I don't want to switch to the 100% stacked column chart as that
put everything at 100%.  I want to show the full value and then the
percentages within those sections.

Cj,

yes it is possible.

--
regards

"Conditional join" wrote:

> I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values.  I want
> the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to see
> the percentages with those bars instead of the value.  For example, the total
> for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such:  Group = 50,
> Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125.  I want the stack bar to show a total of
> 200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for Group,
> Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group (50/200),
> 12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterprise.  Is this
> possible?  I don't want to switch to the 100% stacked column chart as that
> put everything at 100%.  I want to show the full value and then the
> percentages within those sections.
0
driller (9)
3/3/2009 5:04:05 AM
Very helpful. Implicit in the "Can I?" was "How do I?"

Compute your percentages, or construct any custom labels in a worksheet
range, then use one of these free utilities to apply the text in this range
to the data labels in the chart:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

You can do it manually, but after about three labels it becomes very
tedious.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"driller" <driller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cj,
>
> yes it is possible.
>
> --
> regards
>
> "Conditional join" wrote:
>
>> I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values.  I
>> want
>> the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to
>> see
>> the percentages with those bars instead of the value.  For example, the
>> total
>> for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such:  Group = 50,
>> Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125.  I want the stack bar to show a total
>> of
>> 200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for
>> Group,
>> Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group
>> (50/200),
>> 12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterprise.  Is
>> this
>> possible?  I don't want to switch to the 100% stacked column chart as
>> that
>> put everything at 100%.  I want to show the full value and then the
>> percentages within those sections.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/3/2009 12:53:25 PM
Hi Driller,
Could you please tell me how to do it?  I also have the same problem...
Thanks!!

Louisa

"driller" wrote:

> Cj,
>
> yes it is possible.
>
> --
> regards
>
> "Conditional join" wrote:
>
> > I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values.  I want
> > the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to see
> > the percentages with those bars instead of the value.  For example, the total
> > for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such:  Group = 50,
> > Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125.  I want the stack bar to show a total of
> > 200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for Group,
> > Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group (50/200),
> > 12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterprise.  Is this
> > possible?  I don't want to switch to the 100% stacked column chart as that
> > put everything at 100%.  I want to show the full value and then the
> > percentages within those sections.
0
Louisa (1)
4/20/2009 2:35:02 PM
Compute your percentages, or construct any custom labels in a worksheet
range, then use one of these free utilities to apply the text in this range
to the data labels in the chart:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

You can change the labels manually, but after about three labels it becomes
very tedious.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/>
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
_______

"Louisa" <Louisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Driller,
> Could you please tell me how to do it?  I also have the same problem...
> Thanks!!
>
> Louisa
>
> "driller" wrote:
>
>> Cj,
>>
>> yes it is possible.
>>
>> --
>> regards
>>
>> "Conditional join" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values.
>> > I want
>> > the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to
>> > see
>> > the percentages with those bars instead of the value.  For example, the
>> > total
>> > for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such:  Group = 50,
>> > Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125.  I want the stack bar to show a
>> > total of
>> > 200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for
>> > Group,
>> > Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group
>> > (50/200),
>> > 12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterprise.  Is
>> > this
>> > possible?  I don't want to switch to the 100% stacked column chart as
>> > that
>> > put everything at 100%.  I want to show the full value and then the
>> > percentages within those sections.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Callouts in Charts
Does anyone know a way to keep the pointer of a callout assigned to a point in a graph? I am trying to add additional data points to graphs and my callouts don't follow the point. Is there a way to do this without moving the call out every time? You could use a datalabel instead of a callout. Not the same visual effect but... If you do decide to go that route, you may want to use Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or Walkenbach's ChartTools (www.j- walk.com). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS O...

XL Charts: Let my mouse drag all data labels for a whole series.
Excel charts should allow my mouse to drag all the data labels for a whole series in unison. For example, instead of having to move each data label one-at-a-time to the right of each column, I should be able to move them all together. Aside from the time savings, the greatest advantage would be the ability to move all of the labels a precisely uniform and equal distance from their original locations. This feature would be especially useful when one-or-more series in a stacked column chart is too small to allow enough space to display its labels within the the column -- Stuart Brates...

Matching the Searched Value to the Adjacent Column
Hi, I'm trying to search for the maximum numeric value in one column but I want the data in the adjacent left column which is a Time variable to be displayed as the result. How do I achieve this? I can only think of MATCH, VLOOKUP. The data is quite large. Thank you very much for your help in advance. Richard try this idea =INDEX(C:C,MATCH(MAX(D:D),D:D)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <vamber001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:babc6c6f-ae70-447c-8057-2cfa2cf1a4b6@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

how to copy 2350 hyperlink full paths to any column in a worksheet ?
Hi all, First of all, thank for the help I received before. I have another question : I have an excel worksheet, with about 2350 entries. All of them have an hyperlink in column A. I need to find a way to copy ONLY THE HYPERLINKS FULL PATHS of all 2350 cells to column D, NOT THE CELLS CONTENT !! The reason is that from this column D, I can generate playlists without problem. In my search for a solution, I came across following UDF which did not work and gave an error. First of all, I'm not sure if this UDF will solve my problem an secondly, if it does, how can I repare it ? Functi...

Vbox 164e and Windows 7
Does the Vbox 164e require an encoder (such as MainConcept) in Windows 7? Try here for starters: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro Thanks to Craig for his post. "Stan McIntosh" <StanMc@isp.com> wrote in message news:O0E4mVUkKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does the Vbox 164e require an encoder (such as MainConcept) in Windows 7? > Thanks, I searched this forum for the Vbox 164e and received no hits. "Charles W Davis" <newsgroup@anthemwebs.com> wrote in message news:uSefmwUkKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx....

Disabling the Num Column
In one of my accounts, the Num column has mysteriously started to log the transaction numbers in the register. Does anyone know how to turn this off? ...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Column Chart, Displaying two values on one column.
Hello, Is it possible to display two value on one column. For example Budget = 4.6% Actual = -6.0% I can display this on a column without any problems, one column for budget and one for actual. Is it possible to add another value to the Actual so it displays on the same column but in a different colour? For example I would like to add: Net = 2.3% and display this on the Actual column in a different colour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett You can format a stacked column chart to resemble a clustered-stacked column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Cluster...

Occurrences of a date in a column
Hi all, I'm not a very good Excel user (yet!) and after going through the topics, I don't think I've found what I need, so I'll ask the question. I have one column of data which is dates: Col A 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/18/05 1/18/05 1/19/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 How can I get a count that shows: 1/17/05: 3 occurrences 1/18/05: 2 occurrences 1/19/05: 1 occurrence 1/20/05: 4 occurrences thanks for your help! Phyl To get a distinct list, select the dates, do data>filter>advanced filter, select unique records only and copy to another location when you have...

Outlook 2000
One of my users is getting a strange field above his meaggaes in the right (main) pane that's titled: "drag a column header here to group by that column" I can't figure out how to get rid of this field? Anu ideas? Enable the Advanced toolbar and click the Group By Box button. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2bef801c39346$19f38790$a601280a@phx.gbl, Jeff wrote: > One of my users is getting a strange field above his &...

Numeric reference of column. Data Grab ?
I have one column A with sites names and next 33 columns with site categories In each line i put an "x" mark at the proper column(category) that the site belongs I want to put a column in the column beside site's name and receive the description of each category The description of each category is the heading of each column ( row 1 ) vlookup or hlookup didn't work. I used match MATCH("x";B2:AH2;FALSE) and i got the column where the x is located in numeric format Can you suggest a solution to this ? Thanks -- bigexcelfan ------------------------------------...

Layout problem with Column/row headers
We have a user who's default Excel layout has been switched to a "mirror view" of the norm... The column headers go right to left A,B,C rather than left to right. Also the rows 1,2,3 are on the right side of the screen and sheet tabs are 3,2,1... Basically everything is backwards! We can't figure out how she did that! Thanks for any help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools, Options, International Tab, de-select the option under ...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

scatter chart #3
Sorry for the follow up question, but i dont see my previous question posted yet and i have an additional unrelated question: I have data that includes 1 column of labels and a second column of values. I want to plot these values in 1 vertical column where the y axis labels are not just evenly spaced numbers, but are actually the values that are plotted. In addition i also want to see the labels from the 1st column of data show up to the right of these values. Thanks if you can help. scott Data labels may be the answer: 1. Right-click on the chart and select chart options. 2. Go to the Dat...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...

Macro to unhide selected columns & rows
I'd like to develop a 'daily log', using one sheet for each of my 2 week pay periods, which allows me to cross reference the particular jobs we are working on during that time with the employees of the time. The idea being to have a cell opened for each employees start/finish times on each job we have on the go. As I see it, I need to use a pair of columns for each employee, per day (start / finish time entry) , allowing for, say 20 employees (many labourors coming and going during the season) [ (1st 2 columns for job info) + (6 days X 20 employees X 2 columns) + (6 days X 2 colum...

charts and graphs position shifts when inserting new charts
When i tried to insert new charts or graphs into my slides, the other pictures, (charts/graphs/images etc) gets shifted. I have to re-arrange them again. Is there any way to work around this problem? Which version of PPT are you using? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "wy" <wy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0684D5E-74BF-4138-A2E3-99C91CAA3FEF@m...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

How do I only add every other month to my chart
I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show every other month on my chart. Is this possible, if so can you explain. Thanks! EXCEL 2007. I don't know how realistic this is as I have not seen your data but one possibility is that you could set it up as a Pivot Chart. In the PivotChart Filter Pane you can then select / de-select whichever time frames you like. Please hit yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "kmt1984" wrote: > I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show &...

Add more columns
Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have more columns then that so can anyone please let me know how to add more. Thanks chuck, That's the way it's designed. No more that 256 columns or more than 65536 rows. No way around it either (at least in Excel). John chuck wrote: > Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. > Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have > more columns then that so can anyone please let me know > how to add more. > Thanks All versions of Excel (and Lo...

Macro to add labels to data points in an xy scatter chart
I have searched these boards, and am still without a good solution. Hoping you can help. I am aware of add in programs that will achieve this result, but I don't have that option because of the number of users I have, and permissions to install on our network. (sucks) I found this item in the microsoft support pages and am trying to apply the macro in the example. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213750 Everything works fine, the lables attach to the data points as expected, but I get "Run-time error '1004': Unable to set the HasDataLabel pro...

coding text to column
how do i code text to column in access vb? i need to import an excel book and i need to make sure that the 1st column is text. the numberformat = "@" does not work, as it still gives me conversion errors when importing 1. Create the table the way you want it (with Text for the field field type.) 2. Attached the Excel sheet (as a linked table.) 3. Execute an Append query to add the data to the table you set up. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot...

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

Dynamic Charts #13
Will a dynamic chart work if I have info going horizontal instead of vertically? Thank you! Larisa Hi, Depends on what method you have used to make your chart data dynamic. I don't think charts based on lists or tables will. But those based on Named Ranges will as long as your amend the formula to have dynamic column offsets and lengths rather than the normal rows. Cheers Andy Larisa wrote: > Will a dynamic chart work if I have info going horizontal instead of > vertically? > > Thank you! > Larisa > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.in...

SUM every other column
I have a large table where I would like to get the sum of every other column. My current method is to use the + key and click on every other cell. Is there a better way? Thanks, JC Something like this may work for you: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:K1),2)=0),A1:K1) or =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:K1),2)=1),A1:K1) (first formula gives even numbered columns, second gives odd numbered columns) JC wrote: > > I have a large table where I would like to get the sum of > every other column. My current method is to use the + > key and click on every other cell. > > Is there...